8404 Bowdoin Way
Edmonds, WA 98026Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bardojo.com/
- Phone: (425) 967-7267
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday & Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Fusion / Eclectic, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Shubert Ho
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our sister company Shooby Doo Catering has been named Best of Western Washington's "Best Catering Company" and has consistently been on Yelp's "best of" list in the Greater Seattle area. Shooby Doo specializes in all type of events including wedding receptions, corporate events, holiday parties and much more! Services also include rentals, bartending, event coordinating and event staffing. For more information on how to get a quote and to see what delicious offerings are available for your next special event, please visit www.ShoobyDooCatering.com.
A word from Bar Dojo
Bar Dojo, literally meaning "place of the way" represents a Modern Asian Restaurant featuring a melting pot of Asian comfort foods with Northwest ingredients. As the first and only of its kind in Edmonds, Bar Dojo strives to be the neighborhood gem that the community has been longing for. Hand crafted cocktails utilizing Asian inspired fruits and spices bring a new dimension to liquid dining. A newly designed dining room and full bar offers a comfortable and warm environment to complete your dining experience. Come visit Bar Dojo at Five Corners in Edmonds, Washington where the parking is plentiful, the drinks are unique and the food is comforting!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bar Dojo - Best Restaurants in Edmonds ›
Bar Dojo reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (37)fit for foodies (34)great for brunch (11)special occasion (8)hot spot (7)good for groups (7)romantic (7)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Know DoJoPonoCoupleDined on 11/21/2014Wonderful little gem tucked into a little strip mall at 5 corners. The owners have done a wonderful job inside, and the food is incredible. The service was top notch and how all restaurants should operate. So great to see a top notch restaurant close by without having to trek to Seattle. Job well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic birthday brunchMamaluvfoodDined on 11/16/2014My friends and I were celebrating a friend's birthday and loved the brunch. We were a group of 8 boisterous ladies. The waitstaff were super friendly and helpful, but there was only 2 of them and only one knew how to bartend, so that slowed the service down a bit, especially when it got busier. We also wished that the space of the restaurant could've been a bit bigger. It was a very intimate setting. We had a blast overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too expensive - feel ripped offmmmmmmDined on 11/8/2014Still cannot believe how much we spent there with no "oohing or ahhing" over the food. been there twice and would only consider revisiting if it was happy hour. not a single thing we ordered (and we ordered several appetizers on both visits) stood out as memorable or "must have again good". What we were most excited to order were oysters and tuna. Sad little gritty oysters with what tasted like vinegar on them for $3 each and tuna pretty but not at ALL outstanding. Beef skewers with gristle and no char whatsoever and a sauce that tasted like peanut butter. we both felt very strongly that we could have found a much more thrilling meal elsewhere for half the price. I don't understand it as its not with view or in some hot neighborhood.Special Features:
- A Great Find in EdmondslovesdeliciousfoodDined on 10/28/2014We have enjoyed this restaurant a couple of times and look forward to returning. The food is delicious and the menu has great selections without being overly extensive. The Black Cod Kasuzuke with Avocado Rice is perfect - moist, tasteful and tender fish on a creamy rice. My husband enjoyed the Braised Short Rib and said it was the best he had ever had - perfectly done - tender and delicious. We did not have desert, but enjoyed the Crispy Calamari as an starter - it was delicious as usual. I am going to try the Mixed Tempura next time - fried avocado sounds too tempting to pass up. We keep this as a special place, but we are going to start making excuses to go there, just because it is an enjoyable food experience.Special Features:
- Been many timesdabrewstDined on 10/23/2014And every time we've enjoyed Bar Dojo. From the gracious greeting and seating to solid wait-service to the outstanding food and drink, BD is a dependable little gem in an up and coming Edmonds neighborhood, up the hill from the town center. They take part in Seattle Restaurant Week (one of the few in Snohomish County), have weekly specials and a friendly overall vibe. Recommended!Special Features:
- AmantedelciboDined on 10/22/2014Went for Restaurant Week tasting and was impressed. The food was delicious and prepared well. The portions were perfect to accommodate the three courses leaving me satisfied after the dessert course. Coffee was delicious. Went on a night when guitarist Enrique created a delightful serenade while guests dined. My waiter was helpful, knowledgable about the menu, and attentive but not annoying. The overall dining experience was wonderful and deserving of more frequent visits.Special Features:
- KEMOKEMODined on 10/22/2014I went to Bar Dojo as part of Seattle Restaurant Week. What a great pick! The coconut prawns were tasty, as was the rest of my meal.Special Features:
- Thanks Open TableMEandJRDined on 10/17/2014We would have never found this place without our Open Table ap. Kind of tucked away in an unassuming location. Excellent food, presentation and service. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumSparksDined on 10/11/2014The food here is unique, delicious, fresh and worthy of many a repeat visit. The restaurant was full on a Saturday night at 7:00 and seemed a bit understaffed although our waitress was friendly and helpful. The young lady with the water pitcher, however, did not appear to have job satisfaction which is too bad. The host himself was prompt, friendly, and welcoming. This, coupled with the good intentions of the waitress made this an all around wonderful experience despite the full crowd that put a bit of pressure on the wait staff. My only recommendation would be to find someone with a smile to fill the water glasses! We will definitely return and I agree with previous reviews, don't let the odd strip mall location deter you!Special Features:
- BruceBinto100Dined on 9/26/2014This was our first experience at Bar Dojo. We went there for our 8th anniversary and thought the food was first rate and the service was good. My wife had the black cod and I had the braised short rib. Both were delicious and I am certain we will go back for more. Don't let the odd small strip mall location put you off, it is a restaurant worth going to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food allergies? Dine here!DynamicDuoDined on 9/24/2014This was the first time we went here and we chose it because of other Open Table reviews. My husband has many food allergies including gluten, onions, and garlic, so we are always a little wary when eating out. We did not need to worry here--their customer service is excellent in accommodating allergies. Olivia was one of THE BEST servers we have ever had (and we are picky about service). She was upbeat, compassionate, and really knew the menu. Olivia went the extra mile and had the chef mark the things my husband could eat on a menu, as well as the things they could substitute. She encouraged us to take the menu home and use it whenever we came back--we certainly will.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!QmanVIPDined on 9/12/2014This is a REAL restaurant in Edmonds. Like...I'm not kidding. The food and service were AMAZING.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Great little restaurant, wonderful food. We'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful weekend brunch, who knew?BellinghamgirlVIPDined on 8/30/2014We have been here for dinner before and had a great experience, but were it not for open table we'd have never known they'd started doing brunch. Yum! And since there is lunch at the same time, it's food for groups with varying tastes... My friend had chicken and waffles, my husband had corned beef hash, and I had the most awesome bahn mi sandwich ever! Definitely our new go-to place in this area for weekend brunch.Special Features:
- Bar Dojo has great foodGreatPlacesToEatDined on 8/22/2014Not only is it tasty and with plenty of choices, but they accommodated food issues. Super friendly staff and owners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!HappyFoodieDined on 8/21/2014Bar Dojo never disappoints. Great food, unique cocktails, friendly staff, and a welcoming atmosphere.Special Features:
- Bar Dojo EveningDirbylovesgoodfoodDined on 8/3/2014The food at Bar Dojo was so amazing! We had a great dining experience and we would definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchSkollDined on 8/3/2014I had the Dungeoness crab eggs benedict. I was very, very happy. I believe my dining companions also enjoyed their meals, but with such a delicacy in front of me, I had no attention to spare to their general state. I will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findPCK84Dined on 8/1/2014This looked like a little "hole in the wall" but was fantastic! Great food and great service.Special Features:
- The following 28 reviews are from the Bar Dojo reviews archive.
- Good food but felt very rushedtjanice123Dined on 6/20/2014I had been there before and was looking forward to the great service and yummy food I had enjoyed before. The food was good, but I felt very rushed - even with a reservation. I had hardly started on my appetizer when my dinner came and it had to sit on my table while I finished my first course. I was never asked if I wanted a second glass of wine, my water was never refilled and when I was finished, the server boxed up my food and dropped the check without asking if I wanted dessert. It was very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GAAJDined on 5/25/2014Excellent food selections, attentive staff and reasonably priced items makes for a great experience.Special Features:
- Nice job with Mother's Day BrunchSteveVIPDined on 5/11/2014Decided to try Bar Dojo for Mother's Day brunch as it is close to home and likely to be less crowded. Also glad I could get a reservation on Open Table. We are glad we made the choice to go there! Breakfast food was quite good and Cucumber Lime spritzers were loved by all -- especially my teen-aged daughter. We are glad to have Bar Dojo in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood SpotTHRhiDined on 5/3/2014Who says you cant get great food in a strip mall. Bar Dojo puts together wonderful food (and interesting cocktails) in a great little neighborhood space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very creative cuisinegdt1VIPDined on 4/29/2014we had no less than 6 different small plates. With the exception of the coconut prawns (average) the rest was very good. Will come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible!caitbDined on 4/17/2014We went for restaurant and were able to split 6 different plates, they were all fantastic! Our server was great, we couldn't have asked for a better date night.Special Features:
- Lucky for usOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2014Edmonds is lucky to have this gem of a restaurant. Everything is delicious and staff is fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting placeDaveDined on 4/9/2014The restraunt is tucked in a run down strip mall, however when you walk in the dining area and bar look exceptional. The food was good but overpriced for what you get. Service was good and knowledgeable. All in all a good place for some interesting fusion food but in my opinion not worth the price.Special Features:
- Love bar dojoMalke3Dined on 4/8/2014I love Bar Dojo! The food is great and the service is always good! The short rib is amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Asian fusionCathyVIPDined on 4/1/2014This is a cozy, laid back establishment with some of the most innovative Asian fusion dishes my spouse and I have experienced. The staff is helpful, friendly, knowledgeable and go out of their way to make your visit a positive one. The founder and chef, Shubert Ho, has found his creative epicurean niche. It's great to have this gem nearby and not in the heart of downtown Seattle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding flavorswinedineVIPDined on 3/29/2014Great local restaurant with excellent menu. We will definitely be dining regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ordered at least eightOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/25/2014We ordered at least eight different dishes, either an appetizer or a side, and each one was terrific. Can't wait to go back and try some of the noodle dishes that some of the other diners were ordering.Special Features:
- A Great Little Place!DewbankDined on 3/18/2014My husband and I were looking for a new restaurant to try for dinner and found Bar Dojo in a unlikely looking strip mall. We are so glad we took a chance! Excellent meal, personable service and very nice decor. We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining2eatoutDined on 3/11/2014This was our second visit and we were equally happy each time. The personal attention from staff helped us feel special. We tried many shared plates which were all very good and loved the dipping sauces. Last time we had entrees and they were all top notch. We love the atmosphere - especially that they haven't packed in too many tables and the noise level is comfortably low. We'll be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the roughLonglinrDined on 2/1/2014From the outside Bar Dojo may seem like another strip mall restaurant. However the food is great and the staff are wonderful. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not like sitting by theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/24/2014Did not like sitting by the door.Very noisy with the folks talking and waiting for a table . Cold draft by the door. Food was very good . Not a relaxing time due to where we were seated. May not go again on Friday or will leave if offered that seat againSpecial Features:
- Delightful findEarlDined on 12/18/2013A beautiful interior makes up for the plain outdoor mini mall look. The food is moderately priced and excellent in presentation and flavor . Especially love wed. Music nights. Will be back over and over as the menu changes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinnerLisaDined on 12/7/2013My husband and I had a fantastic dinner with excellent service from start to finish here last Saturday. The oysters were fresh and delicious, the short ribs with risotto was excellent, but my husband's lemongrass beef noodles was the over the top outstanding winner of the night. We will definitely be back as soon as possible!Special Features:
- Food was really good. I hadkennDined on 12/6/2013Food was really good. I had the steak and it was delish......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. Well presented.OftenhungryDined on 11/13/2013Excellent food. Well presented. Graciously served.Special Features:
- The menu is small but withMarthaDined on 10/25/2013The menu is small but with lots of variety and well prepared. Our waiter split the ramen we were going to share without being asked. We wish Bar Dojo was a little closer to home so we could visit more often.Special Features: