Bar Crudo - Divisadero St
655 Divisadero Street
San Francisco, CA 94117Neighborhood:
North Panhandle / USF
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Bar Crudo - Divisadero St
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://barcrudo.com/
- Phone: 415-409-0679 x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Mike Selvera
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us directly to arrange your event.
- Private Party Contact: Sofia Laurin 4154090679x
A word from Bar Crudo - Divisadero St
Bar Crudo is a modern raw bar offering an elegant menu of cooked, chilled, or raw, fresh seafood paired with wine and an extensive selection of Belgian beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Bar Crudo - Divisadero St - Best Restaurants in North Panhandle / USF ›
Bar Crudo - Divisadero St reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (55)neighborhood gem (45)special occasion (33)hot spot (22)romantic (21)vibrant bar scene (12)notable wine list (9)late-night find (8)good for groups (3)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great fresh seafood, but too fastJeanDined on 8/22/2014I love the happy hour at Bar Crudo but having dinner there is very rushed. I understand the need to turn tables, but all of our food was brought out instantaneously after ordering -- the table was too crowded to hold all the plates. Also the food is inconsistent -- raw bar items are reliably fresh and delicious, but the salad that I've ordered several times has disappointed -- first time the tuna confit was absolutely fantastic, but subsequent times it's been underseasoned and tough.Special Features:
- Bar CrudoCuriousgeorgeDined on 8/20/2014The most amazing fish you've ever will eat. Simple & creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High hopes but didn't deliverJamsDined on 8/15/2014We had the Arctic char crudo to start; it was ok. Then I ordered the seafood chowder. I had considered a large as it was my whole dinner, but ended up going with the smaller cup. Took a few bites and couldn't continue. It had an awful texture. My friend had a pretty good looking lobster salad but just can't get over the soup...Probably won't give it a go again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/13/2014Food is usually very good here and I go a lot but the noise level is starting to get to me. They could use a few noise absorbing materials in the main room. Service seems to have gone down as well.Special Features:
- Exceptional Service + Great MenuAAliDined on 8/2/2014I happen to be quite discerning, when it comes to food. I've had my fair share of amazing dining experiences. This was my first time at Bar Crudo. Even though I've been to places that primarily serve seafood, Sushi included, it's definitely been a while since I have been to a noteworthy seafood restaurant. I found same day reservations, for 4 people, at 6:30p on a Saturday. When we showed up, despite a 30 minute delay on my part, and them being extremely busy, we were informed that there was an opening. Thank you Dani! We were promptly seated, and I experienced an extraordinary burst of flavors. I had the Crudo Sampler, the Mussels, and the most amazing Halibut. Nicole is extraordinary. I'm going back in a month to try more!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous mealmangerbienDined on 7/29/2014This was one of our best meals in San Francisco. The waitress helped us choose a great combination of dishes that we shared. The arctic char crudo was heavenly and we both paused to savor its flavors of wasabi and horseradish cream before moving on to the next course. The uni and trout were very good. I'm not usually a seafood chowder lover but, because of the great reviews, I chose it and was amazed. Yes, it was the best chowder I have ever tasted, with depths of flavor in the broth and loaded with seafood. Next time I'm ordering a large bowl.Special Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/25/2014We were in San Francisco for a few days and found this on opentable and yelp. The reviews were favorable, so we gave it a try. We were not disappointed. We had the crudo sampler to start and then split a seasonal salad and an entree. The food was outstanding. The restaurant is a bit loud, and this is on the pricy side, but we thought it was worth it. Would definitely come back.Special Features:
- They know how to prepare seafood!happydinerDined on 7/20/2014One of the best meals I have had in the city ever. Crab and lobster cooked perfectly, salads were composed with real thought, oysters were fresh. Good choice of French wines. Staff was exceptional. Note that desert is not their thing (we had another half a crab instead) and that it is easy to rack up a pretty good bill. But it's worth it.Special Features:
- Very fresh and wel prepared fishAdroDined on 7/18/2014The main reason to go to Bar Crudo is the quality and the freshness of the fish served; prepared magisterially to be enjoyed at its best. An example the "granita" of wasabi served on the raw butter fish; it takes from the Japanese tradition and elaborated in a beautiful modern key. We tried the crudo sampler (all delicious) the bar and the trout extremely good. On the downside the crowd was very noisy and the high celling did nothing to relieve pressure from your hear drums. Peaty but still worthwhile to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy but worth the wait!RuthieDined on 7/18/2014Busy spot on Divisadero, there's space at the bar and two little wall nooks to wait for a table. Get the seafood chowder and the lobster burrata salad to start and then the lamb riblets. Falling off the bone delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinnerrachelsfDined on 7/13/2014I took my boyfriend out to dinner here to celebrate a promotion. The food is amazing. We got the crudo sampler, which is a must, oysters, seafood chowder, and the trout. The service isn't amazing. I had made the reservation, but was running several minutes late, and even though I called ahead they wouldn't seat my boyfriend. I did notice the service improved immensely once we ordered a bootle of wine and began ordering food. However, the food is fantastic, the wine was delicious, and the ambiance is romantic. If I had one more critique, it would be that they don't have a dessert menu. Dessert is always a nice way to finish off a date.Special Features:
- extraordinarycaseyDined on 7/8/2014Bar Crudo offers you a unique experience in raw seafood dining. Not sushi, totally unique in presentation. And the seafood bisque was one of the tastiest I have ever had.Special Features:
- Get happy hoursincewhenVIPDined on 7/1/2014Get there at 5 for happy hour the fish tacos are amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingdannysfDined on 6/27/2014Bar Crudo always delivers the highest standard in food and service, you alway leave with a smile and want to go back for more... : ))Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SO LOUD!MaggieBDined on 6/27/2014The food was wonderful but the noise level was almost painful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great foodjillkVIPDined on 6/26/2014Loved sitting at the bar for dinner. Great beer selection, interesting wines. Knowledgeable staff. Wonderful seafood. Sushi with interesting sauces. Fun atmosphere, not stuffy at all. Loved this place.Special Features:
- IncredibleJkidDined on 6/20/2014Melt in your mouth food, the Crudo sampler was outstanding! Perfect setting and incredible service, we loved sitting at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- csafrenoVIPDined on 6/19/2014Had an excellent birthday dinner, sitting at the bar which is where I always like to sit. The food was plentiful and delicious. Oysters, crudo for two, uni avocado toast, lobster and beet salad, mussels, prawns, and seafood chowder. All extremely delicious. They even brought out a dessert with a candle on the house. Thank you very much for a wonderful birthday dinner! Couldn't ask for anything better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 out of 3 dishes wonderfulRobinWVIPDined on 6/18/2014Our crudo sampler was as good as we remembered from our first visit a year ago. The uni avocado toast reminded my boyfriend of the taste of the New England sea at low tide -- in a good way. We both loved it. The Sebastian salad didn't come together, individual elements were good (except chicken which was bland/unseasoned). Noise level DEAFENING. We're baby boomers -- older than most in this restaurant -- and we like to be able to hear each other.Special Features:
- Good but not greattxfoodieDined on 5/11/20143 of us went to dinner at Bar Crudo. The wine list was good, and the oysters were fresh and delicious. Their raw offerings were all tasty. They were out of the buttterfish, which is something we really wanted to try. After all the hype of their seafood chowder, we decided to order that. It tasted burned and was almost too rich to eat...lots of cream. The waitress was average and the atmosphere was comfortable but not stellar. I would return, but it is not somewhere I'd rush back to.Special Features:
- Beware, new prawn recipe is awfulElizabethDined on 5/1/2014My favorite dish on the menu, the Louisiana prawns, has changed...and not in a good way. Used to be spicy and savory, now is a vanilla mess of lobster broth and pea shoots. What's worse is that the name of the dish on the menu has not changed, only the brief description, so my friends and I eagerly got two orders. I'd like to say they tasted ok, but compared to what they used to be like, we thought they were pretty bad. :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 670 reviews are from the Bar Crudo - Divisadero St reviews archive.
- CynthiaVIPDined on 4/27/2014One of my favorite restaurants in SF. I stop there without fail on my way in from the airport or heading back out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Heaven !EricVIPDined on 4/25/2014Wonderful selection of seafood, even had a dish created just for us ( substituting clams for mussels) Will definitely return over and over again !Special Features:
- Go for just happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2014The dinner plates were underwhelming and didn't have much flavor. Stick to going to their happy hour and it's worth it!
- Incredibly fresh seafood!jujuphotoDined on 4/20/2014With an innovative menu - this is now one of my favorites in San Francisco!Special Features:
- The Name Says it AllChristinaDined on 4/15/2014I should have known the crudo at Bar Crudo would be legit, but if I had any doubts, eating is believing! We started with the crudo sampler and were pleasantly surprised with each new bite. The chef's use of fresh herbs (like dill) to accent the fish was really incredible. Our next course was the burrata/beet salad, which was lovely. Finally, cracked crab in a tremendous broth. Our server was so disappointed that we did not use some bread to sop ou the broth, but I am gluten free! The crab was perfectly prepared, though, and worth ordering. Final note, wine list is quite good with wines from all over the world. Overall, a quality dining experience worth repeating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solidly good/3 stars.blatantgizmoDined on 4/8/2014Bar Crudo is worth trying once, but probably only that. The 2 standouts that would make me consider coming back are the variety of oysters available (Kushi are hard to find) and the Crudo sampler was artfully done with really tasty sashimi. The San Sebastian (a reinvention of salad Niçoise or at least inspired by it) was a let down. Perhaps we should have gone for the Lobster salad instead. The chowder was tasty, but the bacon seemed a bit like cheating -- everything tastes richer when there's bacon involved. If you have a hankering for seafood/sashimi/oysters and find yourself in NoPa, absolutely try this place, just don't expect to find SF's best kept secret.Special Features:
- another sign of gentrificationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2014Service was really in attentive & sub-par. Waitstaff had plenty of time to hang out & chat with each other, but ignored our table. Food was ok - overall, noise level on a not very busy early evening made conversation difficult. Disappointing!!
- great happy hourryefinnDined on 4/1/2014the reduced prices allow you to go crazy with oysters for $1 and all the other delicious bar bites
- Great SeafoodfoodiepassionistaDined on 3/28/2014I recently hosted a group of 10 here for dinner. The table wasn't ideal for socializing (half circle shape) but the food, service, and overall experience was great.Special Features:
- Bar Crudo hits it out of the park!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2014Always delicious, always fun...love the food and the service! Wish it were just a tad quieter, but even the music is great! This is the place I take all my friends and family when they come to SF.Special Features:
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/19/2014Two friends and I came here for the happy hour. While the food was very fresh, the taste of everything was just mediocre. Service as well. Happy hour oysters were tiny and unimpressive. Service was consistent but unfriendly. We won't be returning.Special Features:
- A joy for foodiesSanneHVIPDined on 3/15/2014If you're into raw seafood and like to hang out in trendy restaurants this is your spot. They have an impressive selection of raw oysters, we tried 3 of them, and fell in love with the Beausoleils- very delicate taste, we never had them before. Then we chose the Crudo Sampler which was a feast for our tastebuds. One explosion of taste after another and beautifully presented. We finished with crab legs and the steamed mussels with chorizo I believe and they were to die for. So soft and tasty, we'll be back for sure.Special Features:
- Friday date nightYCL28VIPDined on 3/14/2014Made a 7pm reservation for Friday date night. It was very busy and it took a bit to get water but the evening went well from there.Special Features:
- Extremely noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/12/2014Cold plates were delicious, however, the Idaho trout was overcooked and not very good. The mussels with chorizo were excellent. The lobster was not particularly interesting.
- Sloppy service and so so foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/11/2014We wanted to like this place, but unfortunately left disappointed. The service, particularly from our server, was indifferent and borderline rude. It seems this place is aspiring to be more high end and cool than the service or food warrants. While the raw sampler was obviously fresh and tasty, the entrees were thrown together and not flavorful. They need to try a little harder on the service end if they want to stay in this neighborhood.
- Everything was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/11/2014Everything was delicious and so fresh. Oyster selection was good and they were delicious. Loved the tangy seafood chowder..Special Features:
- Great food and amazing Beer menuDonovanVIPDined on 3/8/2014We decided fairly late on Saturday evening to go out for dinner. Bar Crudo had a table available in 45 minutes, so we ubered over ASAP. We shared a dozen oysters, the Lobster Beet Salad, mussels and a handful of beers. Everything was great. The Lobster Beet Salad was definitely a highlight and I am not even a big fan of Beets. The beer selection borders on overwhelming and I love craft beer. The waiter had some great suggestions. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food still a hit, service a missJennyBVIPDined on 3/7/2014We've eaten at Bar Crudo several times and drool just thinking about their seafood chowder (a must have if you go). But this time we were sat in the upstairs area which seemed a bit louder than usual and with service incredibly slow. We must have sat for at least 10 minutes with servers passing us left and right before we were greeted. My husband basically finished his meal before his second beer arrived and we were never asked if our food was good until it was gone. I was certainly disappointed with the given our previous experiences have all been wonderful so perhaps just a bad night. The food is still amazing though so if you're willing to be patient, check it out!Special Features:
- Frutos do marCarolinaDined on 3/4/2014O restarante é muito bom pra quem gosta de frutos do mar. Nao tem opçao pra quem nao come peixes e frutos do mar. Ha somente uma opcao de sobremesa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.