1546 15th Ave
Seattle, WA 98107Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ethanstowellrestaurants.com/barcotto/
- Phone: 2068388081x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Zach Chambers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Bar Cotto
Bar Cotto is a Parma-style salumeria and cocktail bar with pizza, Italian vegetables, bruschetta and a daily selection of local and international cured meats. Stop in for a snack and a cocktail or stay for a whole meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Bar Cotto - Best Restaurants in Capitol Hill / First Hill ›
Bar Cotto reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (26)romantic (8)special occasion (7)notable wine list (7)great for outdoor dining (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (4)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Cured Meats and Pizza123AD123Dined on 8/20/2014They have a wide selection of cured meats and some really delicious thin crust pizzas. The German lager I had was really good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & great serviceseattlefanDined on 8/9/2014Great food and wonderful service. The menu is varied enough so that we could sit with our friends that were true carnivores along with friends who are vegetarians. The wine is well priced and a long list to choose from. The restaurant is small inside so large parties of 8 or more are not going to fit. The acoustics are a bit noisy but doable for the most part. It is a spot I would highly recommend and definitely go back to enjoy.Special Features:
- Passion on Display!NMNATIVEVIPDined on 8/1/2014The chef in this tiny restaurant has such passion for what he does - it's evident in his face when he's preparing and in the food that is served. The truffle salume was out of this world as was the porcini salame and the mortadella. The pizzas were thin chewy crust but not remotely charred in the 628* pizza oven. The wine options were just so-so and we didn't have dessert. I would go again in a minute for the pizza and the truffle salume.Special Features:
- pizza commentrpaseaDined on 8/1/2014Many of the reviewers spoke of great pizza and we were a bit disappointed. The 2 pizzas we ordered were both over baked with hard crusts, not the elastic and chewy crusts we like at other thin crust pizza places (Via Tribunali is our standard). Service was attentive and we had a free salad to share due the the slow arrival of the pizzas. We liked the size and ambience of the place and may give it another try. (Our friends rave about the pizza so we may have hit an off night).
- Fantastic Pizza!Ilya2193Dined on 7/25/2014Our first time at Bar Cotto was a pleasant experience. Parking is a little hard to find but we quickly found out that we can park in the garage under the Bar Cotto building. The service was prompt and very friendly. The waitress was timely with visiting us for our order and the food was brought out within 10 minutes. We had the chicken liver pate bruschetta which was delicious if you enjoy chicken liver. Then we had two different pizzas, one with prosciutto and one with their home made sausage. Both were delicious but the serving size was quite large. One pizza can serve two easily. Then we had their home made ice cream with espresso. All in all, everything was tasting and well worth it!Special Features:
- Salumi!urbangardengirlDined on 7/24/2014Who doesn't love a charcuterie plate? If you must have more than meat, they also have amazing savory seasonal vegetable sides, delicious artisan pizza and of course house made cocktails, including barrel aged, to wash it ask down with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite pizza in SeattlechompchompDined on 7/23/2014I'm always impressed with Bar Cotto's pizza--thin, crispy crust, minimal yet creative toppings. My menu favorites are the Guanciale pizza and the heirloom tomato salad to start. The service is excellent, and ambience is both cozy and lively.Special Features:
- Crispy, chewy, luscious pizzaLive2EatDined on 7/11/2014Delicious cocktails. Pizza decidedly better than Via Tribunali--by far. I now know I don't need Serious Pie...I will just come here. Our waitress not perfect, no one is, but she was nice and gave us ample time to order. Beet salad ample and fresh w/ delicious crunch of pistachio. The burrata with eggplant caponata also a sweet stunner.Special Features:
- Great food and service! A real gemDCeaterVIPDined on 7/7/2014We had an unexpectedly wonderful dinner here. The atmosphere is cozy and hip, and the service was very good. The food is outstanding, especially the rapini bruschetta and of course the pizza. Lovely place!Special Features:
- Back to Italy4foodiesonRavennaDined on 6/29/2014Salumi selections took us back to our trip 2 years ago to the Parma region of Italy. Portion sizes are perfect for one person, or if you order multiple small plates, you can pass around to people in your party. Our server was knowledgeable and happy, and took great care of us as this was our first visit. We ended up with multiple appetizers for our meal, and didn't have a chance to try their beautiful pizzas, which we will definitely do at our next visit. This is an energetic, foodie restaurant. Not really for young families, great for a quick meal before or after a show.Special Features:
- Disappointing.LarZarRafDined on 6/27/2014I am generally a fan of Stowell's restaurants and was looking forward to Bar Cotto. We made a reservation 2 weeks in advance and were seated on time, but no one came to the table for 22 minutes. There was no excuse for the wait, and not even an apology or acknowledgement. When the server finally did arrive, she treated us as though she was doing us a favor by being there at all. Salads were decent, pizza so-so. Everyone agreed the dough lacks soul (good texture but no flavor). The place is very small and therefore very loud; acceptable conditions if you have a great drink in front of you and the promise of food on the way (of course we just waited with water). Food was not bad, it was ok. The service was simply bad. We won't be back.
- Cocktails & cold cutsrainierVIPDined on 6/20/2014Our first visit cannot be called flawless but the food keep up with the high standards expected at an Ethan Stowell restaurant. The service staff although friendly could have worked at McDonalds. Those we had contact with didn't make us feel that they gave much more what we already knew about the menu by reading it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/13/2014So they are calling it a "Salumeria" to get word out that awesome proscuitto is available, but it really is a foodie upscale place for unusual pizza toppings. Had the mushroom with artichokes and truffle oil. Yummy. Great wine list, try the Montepulciano.Special Features:
- A Quality ChoiceCavatappiDined on 5/30/2014Very good pizza, with quality toppings. Friendly staff and a comfortable vibe in a contemporary setting. Excellent happy hour--throughout the restaurant Sun--Thurs; only at the small bar on Fri and Sat. I give this place a thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- limitingsarahVIPDined on 5/19/2014Only good if you eat pizza and pork... :( felt limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizzaJayIVIPDined on 5/8/2014Excellent service and quality food as always. Makes us want to come back for more. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite pizza in SeattleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/6/2014I live in Capitol Hill and there are several places in the neighborhood to get pizza, but Bar Cotto is by far my favorite. Lots of selection for both veggie and meat eaters. Great flavors, excellent crust, awesome service. I'll go back more.Special Features:
- Love itronigoldDined on 5/4/2014This was our second time going. The food is amazing, service really great. We will go back often!Special Features:
- The following 40 reviews are from the Bar Cotto reviews archive.
- enchanting neighborhood spotFancyVIPDined on 5/2/2014I visit Seattle frequently and just love this place. It has a great neighborhood feel, very personable, and the cured meats selection is delectable. A glass of wine or ale, married with their small batch salty meats and hot little bread squares just perfectly hits the spot on a rainy night. I hope this place stays around forever because I plan to be a regular when I move here in a few months!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Flavors and Great ServiceEpicureanMJDined on 4/25/20144 of us came here on a Friday night (made reservations a month before). Tapas-style selection made it easy for us to share and taste a bigger selection of what was offered. Our selections included the chioggia beet salad, burrata with eggplant caponata, snap peas, margarita pizza, swordfish bruschetta, corona bean salad. Each was scrumptious! Veggies were perfectly cooked with a bit of crunch. Flavors were interesting, unique and melded beautifully. For dessert, we shared the rhubarb crumble - fabulous! Chunks of rhubarb whose acidity balanced the sweetness of the crumble & quick-melting vanilla ice cream. Our server Mike C was perfect...dry wit for fun & deep knowledge of the dishes made him a professional. Highly recommended!!Special Features:
- newfoodieDined on 4/20/2014My guest & I felt very welcomed & spoiled by the staff. They took great care with my food allergies to insure that I had a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Pizza heavenWillBVIPDined on 3/31/2014This place really nailed it. Pizza is the star of the show, but everything was great. Salumi is fantastic, and delicious vegetables and salads.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab Pizzas & Inventive SaladspmseattleDined on 3/21/2014We're really happy we found Bar Cotto. The four of us really enjoyed ourselves...kept saying afterward, "that was really good!" :-). It's a surprisingly smallish place, but the size enhanced the experience. Cool décor and a food prep area in the center of the space that I found rather entertaining. Service was outstanding with an incredibly knowledgeable server. Very friendly staff! The food was just fab. Loved the salumi board with five different salumi, the two salads we shared were unique and tasty, and the two pizzas were beautifully thin with delicious combinations. Highly recommend...can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Limited MenuBusinessDinerDined on 3/17/2014Smart waitress w twinkle in her eye may have been best part of experience. If you live on Capitol Hill, don't need a private conversation, and really like pizza, it's a fine restaurant. Definitely not worth a long drive.
- Hooray for Bar CottoORtoWADined on 3/7/2014The sides/appetizers are, as others say, tremendous. You must try them, but yes they will fill you up before the fantastic pizzas arrive. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/20/2014Very good. Server was a bit awkward. came through in the end though. Great pizza and Charcuterie. Tuna bruschetta special was good but not great. Next day heartburn was brutal though. Worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet dateBandDDined on 2/14/2014I was able to snag a reservation for valentines day late and I was pretty impressed. It was their 1 year anniversary and we were offered sparkeling wine when we sat down, which was nice. The salumi we orders was delicious as was the salad and pizza. Friendly, attentive service too. Wish it was closer to home so we could come more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded our ExpectationsbirthdaycelebDined on 2/13/2014Enjoyed the evening, and the great food. Thought Waitress was knowledgeable and attentive. Everyone in group talked about the good food, and indicated they would return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pizzasmp1Dined on 2/1/2014Great pizza; very good side plates; drinks were a little disappointing. Not sure Dinkel is the rye I would go for when building a Manhattan - especially if you're trying to position your bar as a "cocktail bar for the discerning drinker." Sadly, the staff seemed largely uninterested in their roles. Nonetheless, we witnessed nothing that would keep us from going back - just not right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner went greatFancyDinerDined on 1/28/2014Booked a table for 8. It took them an additional 15 mins to seat us. But the food more than made up for the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salumi Bar MagicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/10/2014The food was delectable, the drinks were very palatable, the service was impeccable, and the ambience was ideal. We ordered drinks (Pilsner and house Chianti mostly), a salumi plate, tortas fritas, two bruschettas (chicken liver pate and pork belly), as well as two pizzas (parma and porchetta). Everything was spot on, especially the tortas fritas (if you're a carb person, be prepared for doughy/fried goodness) and the pizza is, in my opinion, better than Serious Pie. Come here if you're a fan of good pizza and succulent flavors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit more than a pizza barburtDined on 12/31/2013Great bartenders (very knowledgeable) and excellent, simple dishes. Great if you want something basic (pizza) with an extra dose of class. The salads to start are unique and thoughtful, very tasty, and the bruschetta is creative as well. "Upscale" pizza - a great meal overall. Ambiance is typical of most Seattle trendy spots - dark wood, Edison bulbs, polished black metal... not unique, but nice overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Christmas GatheringJoanDined on 12/21/2013I reserved a table for eight at this small, classy restaurant. It felt special with outstanding food and service, but was not overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian pizzaGenevieveDined on 12/7/2013Pizza was delicious, cocktails were very well made. Really no complaints!Special Features:
- Awesome eatsBMWChefVIPDined on 12/3/2013I had just flown in from Tampa and wandered into Bar Cotto. My server guided me through my entire experience which was flawless.....from the wine through the porchetta....the funghi pizza was the best I've eatenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Great ExpierenceWillrockoutDined on 11/23/2013Overall great experience, great service, the salumi selection was amazing and pizza was cooked to perfectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Salumi PlatesAmy89VIPDined on 11/13/2013The salumi plates are amazing - my favorite was the house Porchetta. The pizza and bruschetta were great as well -- Bar Cotto is definitely one of my favorite restaurants in Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is a Gem.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/11/2013This restaurant is a Gem. The wood-fired pizzas are cooked in an oven over 600 degrees. They are crispy and thin, with well-curated and seasonal ingredients. The salumi menu is the best I've seen. The veggie dishes are also good, if a bit heavy for a first course. The wine menu swings Italian, and unfortunately the waitstaff is quite as helpful at selecting wines as they could be (next door, at Anchovies and Olives, the waitstaff go to great lengths to find you a bottle or glass to your liking). The space is very well-designed, small, cozy and modern. Only complaint is the service can be very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous mealmarvinDined on 11/2/2013perfect local spot for a great moderate priced meal. service was fantastic .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Italian EatsVinessDined on 8/18/2013I came here in a party of 4 and we waited about 10 minutes before being seated. We had a reservation, but the place is small so it took a little bit of time to clear an area for our little group. The food is fantastic! We shared a plate of salumi that you can curate yourself from their list of available meats or your waiter is happy to surprise you with a selection. We had to have the torta fritta with the meats and they were airy and delicious. After that we shared two different bruschettas (Pork belly with onion mostarda, Carne cruda with arugular) and a salad (Marinated squash and farro salad with pickled red onion, soft cooked egg) which was the groups favorite part of the meal! The pizzas were good, but not as amazing as the apps.Special Features: