1948 West 25th Street
Cleveland, OH 44115Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.barcento.com/
- Phone: 2162741010
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm; Dinner: Everyday (7 days a week): 4:30pm - 2:00am; Happy Hour: Daily 4:30-7:00 pm Monday: Food & Drink Happy Hour specials all night long Sunday: Happy Hour Drink Specials all night long
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Gastro Pub, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Adam Lambert
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call Bar Cento at 216-274-1010 for catering options.
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties for 15 to 500. Contact Bar Cento to schedule your special event.
- Private Party Contact: Matthew Stipe 2162741010
- Entertainment: Bar Cento & Bier Markt play music from the huge collection of vinyl records and also feature the occasional live acoustic band.
- Special Events: Follow us on Twitter @barcento or on Facebook for all special events and dinners.
- Cross Street: Lorain Ave.
- Public Transit: Visit www.BarCento.com for a map of Bar Cento's location and detailed public transportation information.
We are across the street from the West 25th Rapid Transit stop.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Visit www.BarCento.com for a map of their location and detailed parking information.
Free parking in the West Side Market Parking lot behind the buildings across the street with entrances from Lorain Avenue and Bridge Avenue. There is a pay lot around the corner on West 26th and Market Avenue.
Also, there is metered and free parking on West 25th Street.
A word from Bar Cento
Bar Cento, located in historic Ohio City, offers a creative European-inspired menu that focuses on regional and sustainable ingredients sourced from local farms and purveyors. The cuisine is served with a rustic presentation inside the sophisticated yet comfortable dining room, accented with haute-bucolic décor and a sixteen seat bar built using wood from a reclaimed Amish barn. Our award winning seasonal menu is complimented by an extensive and carefully prepared wine list. Bar Cento, recently touted as having the best pizza in Ohio by Food Network, serves food till 2am every day of the year. Come check out one of the premier dining destinations in Cleveland.Continued
Bar Cento complements the international flavor of McNulty's Bier Markt, a Belgian beer bar right next door on West 25th Street.
Bar Cento complements the international flavor of McNulty's Bier Markt, a Belgian beer bar right next door on West 25th Street.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Bar Cento - Best Restaurants in Ohio City ›
Bar Cento reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (31)neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (27)hot spot (27)good for groups (25)late-night find (18)romantic (12)special occasion (9)great for outdoor dining (9)notable wine list (6)great for lunch (5)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Pizza, Fries, and WineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014The pomme frittes and Sunnyside pizza are amazing!Special Features:
- GreatDiningOutDined on 10/24/2014We had a great time, good service and wonderful foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceCatbertDined on 10/24/2014We had a young guy as a server (wish I could remember his name). He knew just when to pay attention and when to leave us to our food and conversation. Great experience!Special Features:
- A Favorite PlaceUneelleDined on 10/23/2014Love Bar Cento! Funky, eclectic, neighborhood gem with consistently good food and fries to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/18/2014We were a party of 4, Sat. night. It was a disappointing meal. Everything we had was underseasoned, like they didn't add salt. We had arancini (nicely fried, but bland), 2 pizzas (margherita - bland; spicy chicken pizza - not actually spicy), the polenta & mushroom ragout entree (bland), & 2 sides (butternut squash & corn - acceptable but nothing exceptional). Everyone in our group was shocked because I generally tend to go a bit lower on the salt, but despite that I had to ask for salt. This sums up our meal: great ideas, poor execution. The server was apologetic (not his fault!) & nice enough to take care of our drinks off the total bill, which was just 2 drinks because we settled our drink order at the bar while waiting for our table.
- Decent Bachelorette PartyTurtleDined on 10/18/2014I brought 9 friends from Cincinnati and Canton to Bar Cento for a bachelorette party. The atmosphere was party-like and dark which is what we were seeking. We ordered pizzas and cheeseboards to share and loved them. The drinks were decently priced- we got there before happy hour ended which was a nice surprise. Our server, Cathy, was vibrant, attentive, and fun. The only issue we had was that I made a reservation for 10 people with their party planner, got a call that afternoon confirming for a group of 10, but when we got there, the hostesses were only expecting 8. They gave us 2 tables in the same platform, but far enough apart that everyone was seated awkwardly & the group was basically split in 2 which made for difficult conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 out 2 aint badKEvinVIPDined on 10/18/2014This is the second time that I have dined at Bar Cento. The first time was good. On this occasion, unfortunately it was not so good. The food was fine, no issue there. The server was among the worst I have ever had. She was more interested in talking with some friend than serving us. I ordered the steamed mussels for an appetizer, a salad and the "steak and frites". The salads came out before the appetizer. Then the entrees came out as well before the appetizer. I had to tell them to cancel the appetizer. Although the food was brought out by another person, I felt that the server should have paid enough attention to our order to make sure that everything came out in the proper order. She simply was not interested in her job.Special Features:
- Awesome in OC!OhioCitySharkDined on 10/17/2014It might not be the newest place in Ohio City, but it is consistently a top performer. Great food, drink and atmosphere at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Great ambiance!osumeg303Dined on 10/12/2014Love the interior of this place. The food is always consistent and well prepared, the pizzas are great! Always a good dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLove2teachDined on 10/11/2014I have always looked forward to eating at Bar Cento, since everything I have got there has been delicious. However, I have been a little disappointed with the service lately. This is the second time I've been to the restaurant in the last few months and items were forgotten that we ordered (appetizers and salads). These items were brought out later or taken off the bill, but I was surprised they were missed at all.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!MikeGunnDined on 10/10/2014Bar Cento is one of my favorite restaurants. They have amazing food, and the ambiance is fantastic! Been coming here for years and have never had a bad experience so far! I reccomend the Rabbit Pappardelle and the Scallops. Also the warm olives or frittes are a great appetizer to share.Special Features:
- Love the pizza and fries!SbjmVIPDined on 10/4/2014We consider ourselves regulars at Bar Cento. Sometimes reserve a table when we bring guests, sometimes pop in and sit at the bar. Great fries with rosemary and dipping sauces. Awesome beer choices on tap. Great pizza! Great option on West 25th!!Special Features:
- the service not good at alljillDined on 9/27/2014We ordered the pasta that was recommended from the three they had in the menu and the mushroom pizza. Food was good but the service sucked, same as explained in prior reviews. The owner has to either train his employees to check on their tables or hire new ones. I still said i would recommend the restaurant but be aware, once that waiter comes to your table, make sure you order everything, 'cause then u might have to wait for a long time for a glass of water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experiencejayceeDined on 9/20/2014For my friend's birthday we wanted something downtown. The table we had was really neat, there were curtains around two sides so it made it semi-private. The waitress came to our table very often to keep our drink full. It was a bit of a wait for our food but we each ordered pizza and it was pretty busy. The pizza was great, we ate ALL of it! They also let me bring cupcakes and then they lit the candles for us. It was a great start to a night out. I would definitely come here again.Special Features:
- Terrible Service & ManagementnightoffDined on 9/20/2014We ended up going to bar to get our own drinks because waitress never came back to table. After we ordered it took FOREVER to get food and the manager could have cared less. Was not apologetic AT ALL!! Way too many choices in this area to put up with a experience like this! NEVER going back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014Love that we could bring our dogs with us! Warm and welcoming staff also provided water for dogs. Great menu and happy hour.Special Features:
- Jcm2VIPDined on 8/23/2014Great spot for delicious fries and pizzas. Happy Hour everyday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutMomof2Dined on 8/22/2014Great place for a long overdue girls night out! Excellent food, nice drink menu, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatGailDined on 8/16/2014We had a group of six and they had very comfortable arrangements. Our waiter was great and the food was terrific. Very nice beer list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- did not live up to the reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/2/2014we had been to Bar Cento previously for drinks at the bar and it was nice...good crowd, good beer selection etc. We had been wanting to go back to try the food especially the pizza which the plain dealer said was one of the best in town. While the pizza was good...thin crust, wood fired, good toppings it was definitely not the best in town and even it was the service was TERRIBLE! We also had the mussels which were barely lukewarm and the lamb meatballs which were the bright spot of the meal. We thought it was just us and our server, but noticed everyone around us with the same unfilled water glasses and dirty dishes on their table. We also waited forever for our food. They should just stick to being a bar.Special Features:
- Go for the pomme fritesclevelandconnectDined on 8/2/2014I have nothing negative to say about this restaurant. The one thing I would keep in mind is that there is limited seating for couples (i.e. 2 persons). My wife and I have come here a half dozen times and always get seated by the order window or in a narrow strip in the middle of the floor. The tables are all for groups larger than two and they won't seat you at a normal table. Sitting at the bar is actually preferable to the table seating. This is a minor issue as the food is always top-notch.
- Was at the top of my "must try"dinnerwith5friendsDined on 7/23/2014I had high hopes for Bar Cento. Heard a lot of buzz about this place. I had been there in the past at late night visits for Bier Mrkt and always a pleasant experience. So when a group of friends were looking for a place to meet, I had this high on my must try list. I was sadly disappointed at the service and management. The food was moderate and I would say pretty average but I could get past that. Unfortunately our server and even the manager was quite rude and definitely not service oriented. When asked for a certain salad dressing, the manager seemed annoyed that we would ask for something so ordinary. I would never say that this was a 4 star restaurant so to treat patrons this way was really disappointing.Special Features:
- TheGoodDoctorVIPDined on 7/20/2014Good, not great. 4 of us went on a Sunday night, and unfortunately half of the entrees weren't available - not great planning by the kitchen and management, particularly as the restaurant wasn't anywhere near full.
- Bad service, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2014I normally only write positive reviews, but the service experience was so poor, that I am compelled to speak. We arrived for our 7:45, and were promptly seated. From when we ordered our drinks, it took 20 min for them to arrived. We ordered our food by 8:00 (2 pizzas, lamb meatballs, and grilled asparagus -- nothing that should take longer than 15 min). The food did not arrive until 8:50 p.m, and the meatballs were only lukewarm. While waiting, we only saw the server 1 time, and inquired about the food. The reply was that they just finished serving a large table, and it would be right up. 15 min. later, food arrived. We flagged down a manager, who seemed unconcerned by the complaints. He did remove the meatballs from the bill.Special Features:
- Great!KathyDDined on 7/18/2014Had a fun time. Pizza was unfortunately overdone and did not have enough toppings but we will return because it is a super cool place. Hope the pizza is better next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always pretty awesomeLindsDined on 7/12/2014I've never really had a bad experience at Bar Cento, with the exception of a few less than stellar dates, but that's not the restaurant's fault. The pizza is phenomenal, the drinks are good, and the frites are...don't even get me started on the frites. This is my favorite place in Cleveland to go to if I'm in the mood for upscale bar food. It is on W 25th, though, so the scene changes from respectable adults and sorta hipsters to bros pretty quickly on the weekend, but if you're hungry, it's worth it.Special Features:
- We will be back.....KCLSTDined on 7/11/2014Great service, fabulous food. That about sums it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ohio City restaurantfromClevelandDined on 7/4/2014We stopped in here to eat dinner on Independence Day and were happy that they were open and had such wonderful food. I'd definitely recommend eating here---the sunny side pizza was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Preface dinnerBonnyDined on 7/4/2014On July 4th, it was a great place before the Indians game. Great pizza!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 487 reviews are from the Bar Cento reviews archive.
- Great place for a quick drinkSamKDined on 7/2/2014Nice late night find place to hang with friends and nice food.Special Features:
- Fun casual evening before concertClevelandguyVIPDined on 6/28/2014This place was great for apps and dinner drinks before concert. Kelly was a great server and was motivated to ensure the food was perfect. Our group had steak, lamb meatballs, pomme frites, pizzas and martinis. We were running late but I kept calling to update them and luckily they accommodated us with zero attitude. Don't miss this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambiance!Wahwah9Dined on 6/27/2014Went out on a limb to try out Bar Cento and it was totally worth it. You get a lot of food for your dollar. The service was great and it's a fun, upbeat atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service tonightLove2teachDined on 6/22/2014Tonight I made a reservation for a group of 7 for 8:15pm. It took at least 10 minutes for our order to be placed, and then another 40 minutes until our appetizers came out (after inquiring, and our entrees came out about 10 minutes later). I attempted to talk the manager that night to come to a resolution, but they were unavailable. I also emailed them with no response. In my opinion, this is very unsatisfactory service for this restaurant, and usually not the case. I have been going to Bar Cento/Bier Markt for years without complaints, so I hope that this is not a new trend.
- Bar Cento JuneMiamiQVIPDined on 6/21/2014Appetizers and entrees were excellent as we're drinks- manhattan and sweet Riesling. Dessert was very disappointing- rhubarb choice. Also we were misinformed about sides- told they came w the entrees but we were charged $5 each for them. Charlie Kamen did an excellent job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun times in Ohio CityjatskiDined on 5/25/2014Food and beer selections are great. If you are not a drinker, however, soda is horrible. Server admitted that and said he does not even charge for soda as people complain so much, which i verified when paying the bill. Otherwise, great new place in Ohio City to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Times Square comes to Ohio CitylecvarDined on 5/24/2014After 20+ years of living and dining in San Francisco we recently moved to rural Arkansas. My family lives in Ohio and we had heard about the Renaissance that has happened in Ohio City. I went to Ohio City and Tremont 25 years ago as friends from there bought houses and I was excited to see the changes. We had a reservation which served no purpose as the group in front was given a great booth and our disaffected host offered us terrible seating choices. Street or bathroom? We chose the bar across from the angry pizza prep cook. His anger was only matched by the angry lead cook who was angrily pulling tickets while cutting raw meat open and plating food. We left halfway through our meal after being beaten down by the negativity.
- Good Food bad servicemddinerDined on 5/17/2014We a good meal with terrible service, Bar Cento is on of my favorite places to eat in Cleveland, they have some of the best French fries in the world and their pizza's are unique and delicious, with my favorite being the Sunnyside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!prineyboyDined on 5/17/2014Our party of 6 dined at Bar Cento prior to seeing Jersey Boys so we were there on a Saturday evening around 6:00 and were so amazed that Happy Hour is also offered on a Saturday night until 7:00. Excellent beer and food choices on the Happy Hour menu! The service was also excellent and we had no problem having time to enjoy our dinner and making it to the show. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tommyDined on 5/16/2014overall VERY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for a late biteSamKDined on 5/14/2014Pizzas and French fries are nice, service is great. Like the fact that it is open till 2am even on a weekday. They have Hoegaarden on draft !!Special Features: