1948 West 25th Street
Cleveland, OH 44115Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.barcento.com/
- Phone: 2162741010
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm; Dinner: Everyday (7 days a week): 4:30pm - 2:00am; Happy Hour: Daily 4:30-7:00 pm Monday: Food & Drink Happy Hour specials all night long Sunday: Happy Hour Drink Specials all night long
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Gastro Pub, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Adam Lambert
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call Bar Cento at 216-274-1010 for catering options.
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties for 15 to 500. Contact Bar Cento to schedule your special event.
- Private Party Contact: Matthew Stipe 2162741010
- Entertainment: Bar Cento & Bier Markt play music from the huge collection of vinyl records and also feature the occasional live acoustic band.
- Special Events: Follow us on Twitter @barcento or on Facebook for all special events and dinners.
- Cross Street: Lorain Ave.
- Public Transit: Visit www.BarCento.com for a map of Bar Cento's location and detailed public transportation information.
We are across the street from the West 25th Rapid Transit stop.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Visit www.BarCento.com for a map of their location and detailed parking information.
Free parking in the West Side Market Parking lot behind the buildings across the street with entrances from Lorain Avenue and Bridge Avenue. There is a pay lot around the corner on West 26th and Market Avenue.
Also, there is metered and free parking on West 25th Street.
A word from Bar Cento
Bar Cento, located in historic Ohio City, offers a creative European-inspired menu that focuses on regional and sustainable ingredients sourced from local farms and purveyors. The cuisine is served with a rustic presentation inside the sophisticated yet comfortable dining room, accented with haute-bucolic décor and a sixteen seat bar built using wood from a reclaimed Amish barn. Our award winning seasonal menu is complimented by an extensive and carefully prepared wine list. Bar Cento, recently touted as having the best pizza in Ohio by Food Network, serves food till 2am every day of the year. Come check out one of the premier dining destinations in Cleveland.Continued
Bar Cento complements the international flavor of McNulty's Bier Markt, a Belgian beer bar right next door on West 25th Street.
Bar Cento complements the international flavor of McNulty's Bier Markt, a Belgian beer bar right next door on West 25th Street.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Bar Cento - Best Restaurants in Ohio City ›
Bar Cento reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)vibrant bar scene (31)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (28)hot spot (24)late-night find (15)great for outdoor dining (12)special occasion (8)notable wine list (7)great for lunch (5)romantic (5)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014Love that we could bring our dogs with us! Warm and welcoming staff also provided water for dogs. Great menu and happy hour.Special Features:
- Jcm2VIPDined on 8/23/2014Great spot for delicious fries and pizzas. Happy Hour everyday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutMomof2Dined on 8/22/2014Great place for a long overdue girls night out! Excellent food, nice drink menu, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatGailDined on 8/16/2014We had a group of six and they had very comfortable arrangements. Our waiter was great and the food was terrific. Very nice beer list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- did not live up to the reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/2/2014we had been to Bar Cento previously for drinks at the bar and it was nice...good crowd, good beer selection etc. We had been wanting to go back to try the food especially the pizza which the plain dealer said was one of the best in town. While the pizza was good...thin crust, wood fired, good toppings it was definitely not the best in town and even it was the service was TERRIBLE! We also had the mussels which were barely lukewarm and the lamb meatballs which were the bright spot of the meal. We thought it was just us and our server, but noticed everyone around us with the same unfilled water glasses and dirty dishes on their table. We also waited forever for our food. They should just stick to being a bar.Special Features:
- Go for the pomme fritesclevelandconnectDined on 8/2/2014I have nothing negative to say about this restaurant. The one thing I would keep in mind is that there is limited seating for couples (i.e. 2 persons). My wife and I have come here a half dozen times and always get seated by the order window or in a narrow strip in the middle of the floor. The tables are all for groups larger than two and they won't seat you at a normal table. Sitting at the bar is actually preferable to the table seating. This is a minor issue as the food is always top-notch.
- Was at the top of my "must try"dinnerwith5friendsDined on 7/23/2014I had high hopes for Bar Cento. Heard a lot of buzz about this place. I had been there in the past at late night visits for Bier Mrkt and always a pleasant experience. So when a group of friends were looking for a place to meet, I had this high on my must try list. I was sadly disappointed at the service and management. The food was moderate and I would say pretty average but I could get past that. Unfortunately our server and even the manager was quite rude and definitely not service oriented. When asked for a certain salad dressing, the manager seemed annoyed that we would ask for something so ordinary. I would never say that this was a 4 star restaurant so to treat patrons this way was really disappointing.Special Features:
- TheGoodDoctorVIPDined on 7/20/2014Good, not great. 4 of us went on a Sunday night, and unfortunately half of the entrees weren't available - not great planning by the kitchen and management, particularly as the restaurant wasn't anywhere near full.
- Bad service, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2014I normally only write positive reviews, but the service experience was so poor, that I am compelled to speak. We arrived for our 7:45, and were promptly seated. From when we ordered our drinks, it took 20 min for them to arrived. We ordered our food by 8:00 (2 pizzas, lamb meatballs, and grilled asparagus -- nothing that should take longer than 15 min). The food did not arrive until 8:50 p.m, and the meatballs were only lukewarm. While waiting, we only saw the server 1 time, and inquired about the food. The reply was that they just finished serving a large table, and it would be right up. 15 min. later, food arrived. We flagged down a manager, who seemed unconcerned by the complaints. He did remove the meatballs from the bill.Special Features:
- Great!KathyDDined on 7/18/2014Had a fun time. Pizza was unfortunately overdone and did not have enough toppings but we will return because it is a super cool place. Hope the pizza is better next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always pretty awesomeLindsDined on 7/12/2014I've never really had a bad experience at Bar Cento, with the exception of a few less than stellar dates, but that's not the restaurant's fault. The pizza is phenomenal, the drinks are good, and the frites are...don't even get me started on the frites. This is my favorite place in Cleveland to go to if I'm in the mood for upscale bar food. It is on W 25th, though, so the scene changes from respectable adults and sorta hipsters to bros pretty quickly on the weekend, but if you're hungry, it's worth it.Special Features:
- We will be back.....KCLSTDined on 7/11/2014Great service, fabulous food. That about sums it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ohio City restaurantfromClevelandDined on 7/4/2014We stopped in here to eat dinner on Independence Day and were happy that they were open and had such wonderful food. I'd definitely recommend eating here---the sunny side pizza was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Preface dinnerBonnyDined on 7/4/2014On July 4th, it was a great place before the Indians game. Great pizza!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a quick drinkSamKDined on 7/2/2014Nice late night find place to hang with friends and nice food.Special Features:
- Fun casual evening before concertClevelandguyVIPDined on 6/28/2014This place was great for apps and dinner drinks before concert. Kelly was a great server and was motivated to ensure the food was perfect. Our group had steak, lamb meatballs, pomme frites, pizzas and martinis. We were running late but I kept calling to update them and luckily they accommodated us with zero attitude. Don't miss this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambiance!Wahwah9Dined on 6/27/2014Went out on a limb to try out Bar Cento and it was totally worth it. You get a lot of food for your dollar. The service was great and it's a fun, upbeat atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service tonightLove2teachDined on 6/22/2014Tonight I made a reservation for a group of 7 for 8:15pm. It took at least 10 minutes for our order to be placed, and then another 40 minutes until our appetizers came out (after inquiring, and our entrees came out about 10 minutes later). I attempted to talk the manager that night to come to a resolution, but they were unavailable. I also emailed them with no response. In my opinion, this is very unsatisfactory service for this restaurant, and usually not the case. I have been going to Bar Cento/Bier Markt for years without complaints, so I hope that this is not a new trend.
- Bar Cento JuneMiamiQVIPDined on 6/21/2014Appetizers and entrees were excellent as we're drinks- manhattan and sweet Riesling. Dessert was very disappointing- rhubarb choice. Also we were misinformed about sides- told they came w the entrees but we were charged $5 each for them. Charlie Kamen did an excellent job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun times in Ohio CityjatskiDined on 5/25/2014Food and beer selections are great. If you are not a drinker, however, soda is horrible. Server admitted that and said he does not even charge for soda as people complain so much, which i verified when paying the bill. Otherwise, great new place in Ohio City to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Times Square comes to Ohio CitylecvarDined on 5/24/2014After 20+ years of living and dining in San Francisco we recently moved to rural Arkansas. My family lives in Ohio and we had heard about the Renaissance that has happened in Ohio City. I went to Ohio City and Tremont 25 years ago as friends from there bought houses and I was excited to see the changes. We had a reservation which served no purpose as the group in front was given a great booth and our disaffected host offered us terrible seating choices. Street or bathroom? We chose the bar across from the angry pizza prep cook. His anger was only matched by the angry lead cook who was angrily pulling tickets while cutting raw meat open and plating food. We left halfway through our meal after being beaten down by the negativity.
- The following 480 reviews are from the Bar Cento reviews archive.
- Good Food bad servicemddinerDined on 5/17/2014We a good meal with terrible service, Bar Cento is on of my favorite places to eat in Cleveland, they have some of the best French fries in the world and their pizza's are unique and delicious, with my favorite being the Sunnyside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!prineyboyDined on 5/17/2014Our party of 6 dined at Bar Cento prior to seeing Jersey Boys so we were there on a Saturday evening around 6:00 and were so amazed that Happy Hour is also offered on a Saturday night until 7:00. Excellent beer and food choices on the Happy Hour menu! The service was also excellent and we had no problem having time to enjoy our dinner and making it to the show. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tommyDined on 5/16/2014overall VERY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for a late biteSamKDined on 5/14/2014Pizzas and French fries are nice, service is great. Like the fact that it is open till 2am even on a weekday. They have Hoegaarden on draft !!Special Features:
- BarcentoPrincipessa1234Dined on 5/11/2014The food is always good! Friendly service. The pizza is amazing! Having thin pizza makes it easier to eat a pizza so customers don't get full! Many different types of pizza, so those who have a different taste can have their desired kind.Special Features:
- Local food international flavorTodineisdivineDined on 5/11/2014Bar Cento is a very good restaurant which has an eclectic menu. The food is locally grown and produced which gives each dish a fresh homemade taste. For the person who has gone to Italy and is looking for that unique pizza, then travel to Bar Cento.
- Didn't live up to expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2014Service was very, very slow and food was brought out in installments (e.g. 4 people served, 5th person had to sit and wait several more minutes for entree). Out of several items, e.g. bread for the table. Really - bread? Not hard to keep on hand. The carbonara pasta was cold and hard on the outside - was probably sitting out for several minutes b/f served. Pizzas were good, but other than those, menu was quite limited. Kitchen/waiter just seemed off - maybe b/c it was a Sunday night. For a top-rated restaurant, it was disappointing.
- dinner on a week nightmizdeeDined on 5/10/2014Went to Bar Cento on recommendation from my physician. He loves the pizza and I did too! My friend and I split a pizza and a burger and both were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stick to pizza and friesFunkateerDined on 5/9/2014So I have been to this place many times. There was a point where it was my favorite place to eat in CLE. Recently I feel as if the kitchen doesn't have the pride and love they once did. Anytime I order anything other than pizza and fries it never holds up to old times. Sorry :(. Still the best pizza in the city rhoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, reasonable pricesStephanieDined on 5/6/2014I very much enjoyed the pizza I ordered; apparently this restaurant is know for its pizzas. Nice ambiance. Service was good, though it was not a busy night, so our server had plenty of time for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow Service = No ReccomendationBarCDined on 4/18/2014We gave up reservations at a Michael Symon restaurant to try out Bar Cento. At first glance, this trendy bar in the heart of Ohio City lived up to the reviews we had read on a variety of sites. Our party of 7 was seated in a nice and private booth. We ordered the Big Plate appetizer and the mussels as precursors to dinner. Both came out a bit slow, but nothing to complain about. Then, as the place became busier, we ordered our entree and the waiting game began. We waited approximately 45 min for our food. When it was served it was hot, so that was a relief. However, $22 for three scallops did not make this the most pleasurable experience.Special Features:
- yummy burgerfoodieDined on 4/13/2014Had a cozy booth for 6. Great white pizza appetizer. Rosemary fries for the table were addicting. Everyone got the burger! It was perfect!Special Features:
- Don't make reservations on a SatKellyDined on 4/5/2014I made reservations for 8 people at 9:30. We showed up aroud 9:15 and said we were fine to wait at the bar for a drink. That one drink turned in to several as we didn't get seated until after 11... They were very busy, but if they can't accommodate a large group on a Saturday night then they shouldn't have allowed us to make a reservation. Food was pretty good, but not worth the wait. We had family from out of town and wanted to show them a great local Cleveland spot, but they we all very frustrated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out with friendsAnneDined on 4/5/2014We dined here on Saturday with some friends and the food was a bit disappointing for the price. I got the $11 veggie burger and it was nothing more than a store bought Boca burger. For that price I think it should have been hand made. Will return to drink but not eat.Special Features:
- Fun nightCleveDined on 4/4/2014Couldn't believe how lively things were. The service was so good. Our server was interested in making our first visit an enjoyable one. A great group. Everyone seemed at home, and to be having fun! Will return.Special Features:
- Party of SixMoosebreathVIPDined on 4/1/2014Bar Cento has a great selection of beer (2-3 Belgian IPA's) and most at our table ordered pizza. The involtini chicken is still the best entree.Special Features:
- Bar centoPrincipessa1234Dined on 3/22/2014Great restaraunt! Great pizza. I would recommend it to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge let downGracie0128Dined on 3/22/2014Firstly there is nothing bad about Bar Cento, but there is nothing special about it either. I could of spent less money at home cooking the same dishes and made them have something called flavor. Also, the fact that we were seated in the back by the bathrooms/kitchen when there were a ton of open seats available was ridiculous. Also the fact that our waitress took away our french fries and other appetizer without asking if we were done, which we weren't was rude. She also just gave us our checks instead of offering dessert, which we did want to try. Over all its a waste of time. Nothing bad about the food but its nothing to pay money for.Special Features:
- Fun EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/21/2014We had not tried this spot yet but wanted too. We were not disappointed. Food was terrific and the service was A+. We wlbe back soonSpecial Features: