New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barboulud.com/nyc/
- Phone: 2125950303x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:00PM - 11:00PM
Friday-Saturday 5:00PM - 12:00AM
Sunday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30AM - 2:30PM
Late lunch offered at the bar and terrace from 2:30PM - 5:00PM
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 11:00AM - 4:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French
- Executive Chef: Olivier Quignon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: None
- Special Events:
A word from Bar Boulud
Bar Boulud is Chef Daniel Boulud’s bistro and wine bar located across from New York City's Lincoln Center. An exquisite array of housemade charcuterie complements sumptuous French cooking for both lunch and dinner. Bar Boulud offers a 3 course price fixe for lunch for $29 and dinner for $45. Outdoor dining is available on the terrace seasonally. Three private wine-themed dining rooms adjacent to the wine cellar are also available for private events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bar Boulud reviews from OpenTable diners
480 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (237)great for outdoor dining (184)neighborhood gem (158)great for lunch (152)notable wine list (144)great for brunch (125)special occasion (111)hot spot (72)late-night find (50)romantic (45)good for groups (37)scenic view (36)vibrant bar scene (28)kid-friendly (15)Show More
- Great Chef, Great DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014I was attracted to this restaurant because of the name Daniel Boulud. (His restaurant, Daniel, had NO available slots during my visit to NYC.) I was not disappointed. In fact, on the basis of the quality of Bar Boulud, I booked dinner at another Boulud restaurant the next evening.Special Features:
- dining at Bar BouludfifiDined on 8/25/2014always an experience to dine at this restaurant. the food is always superb, well presented. can never get tired of it. the service very attentive, but not overbearing. keep up the good work fifiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliableVisitorVIPDined on 8/24/2014Brunch at Bar Boulud is always reliable. We were disappointed that despite having a reservation we weren't able to sit outside, but the pate' made up for it. Great food, and our server Peter was very good. He was knowledgable and made solid recommendations. He even got me a drink that was no longer on the menu. Be sure to request him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Food was good as always, services was good too. We shared a hose salad and desert, I had scallops and my mom have salmon. They were cooked perfectly. We will definitely come back when we have a show at Lincoln Center. Food was good as always and experience is consistence, definitely a keeper.Special Features:
- A great go-to restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/22/2014This should be a top of mind restaurant for casual dining. It always exceeds my expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do you have a new chef?disappointedVIPDined on 8/20/2014After many pleasant visits, this one was a great disappointment. Hamburger was good, expensive steak ($5 a bite?) alone on the plate with FF. The mussels were tasteless in a sauce with lots of onions and no spices and the fluke was fair. Sorry, a dinner for 4 at over $200 should be better. Your bread is good, but we didn't come for bread and butter.
- Great lunch placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014If you are in the lincoln center area, this is the perfect place for lunch. Simple, yet very high quality food.Special Features:
- LoveNYCdiningVIPDined on 8/16/2014Perfect Saturday evening. The weather, the food, the wine was perfect. Started with a charcuterie, then on to a lobster salad and tomato, watermelon salad, final course of fluke and halibut was all spectacular. This was topped off with the sommelier choice of the evening magnum wine. Not to mention the finish of choco-pistache dessert, to die for.Special Features:
- Good for the neighborhoodRegularDined on 8/16/2014The Lincoln Center area has so few choices for a relaxed, decent dinner before the show, and this is one. It is not inexpensive, by any means, but it is not as pricey as many of the decent places there. The food ranges, seemingly depending on the night, from excellent to fair. The service staff are helpful and very good at getting you out in time for your curtain and it is a nice place to sit and converse with a dinner companion.
- Great ExperienceCathySDined on 8/15/2014This was our first time at Bar Boulud. We have been to Daniel before so we knew what to expect at Bar Boulud. Obviously very different from Daniel but the food and service was just as exceptional. It is a perfect spot for amazing food but with more of a relaxed feeling. Daniel Boulud never disappoints.Special Features:
- food and service are impeccable.JIJIVIPDined on 8/15/2014Food was excellent, delivered in a friendly manner, delivered hot and nice size portions.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Attention to detail on the service side was lacking.Special Features:
- I had very high expectationsdonnascuisineDined on 8/15/2014Knowing that I was going to dine in one of Chef Boulud's restaurants was exciting. However, when my friend and I were seated and the waiter came over about 5 minutes later, we hadn't even looked at the menu. We didn't think much of it but then he came back about 15 minutes later to take our order. After getting our dishes, he didn't check up on us for most of the two hours we were there. When we were about to order dessert, I let him know that he had been very unattentive to our needs. He did present us with an extra dessert which was pleasant. The food was mediocore and under seasoned and nothing that blew us away. Our high expectations were shattered and we would not consider going back.Special Features:
- Great FoodJincolnCenterFanDined on 8/15/2014They always have great food, interestingly prepared, and always interesting specialty items on the menu. The service is very attentive. The prices are higher than other restaurants in the area, but the food is always high quality, although we might go less often because of the prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is very badKittyDined on 8/15/2014We were not served until quote a wait. Waitresses were walking around like they were very busy. It was 2 pm. And we could not get anyone to serve is beverages quickly. We finally got a waitress and ordered food. But they'd they forgot our side order. Pretty bad service for a restaurant like this .
- Slow Down,DelightedDined on 8/15/2014My husband I recently had lunch Bar Bolud. Bad idea. The wait staff was overwhelmed, and not knowledgeable about the contents of the dishes. Having recently had dental work, I requested no pepper on a my steak. The steak came very highly seasoned, it took ten minutes for the waitress to come back to our table and after 30 minutes of requesting another steak, we cancelled and left. Bar Bolud has always been a favorite of ours, but on this occasion it was a bad mistake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat outsideClarifyDined on 8/14/2014I really enjoyed the restaurant week menu here! All of the courses were interesting, not superb but definitely good and the right sized portions. One of the best parts was the mini baguette rolls and other assorted breads they serve as a pre-appetizer - so delicious! Hostess was very accommodating even though we arrived late for our reservation. Our waitress was very chill, helpful, and knowledgable about the food and drink menus. Sit outside if you can!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar Boulud did not disappointLuvNYeatsDined on 8/14/2014Visited during Restaurant Week and had dinner. It was great to sample the menu. The choices included coq au vin and pate that are on their regular menu. My niece enjoyed it; my dorado was good - crispy skin and the flesh was moist. The desserts were very good; tried the chocolate with pistachio mousse. The bread with their butter was also very memorable. They did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we were forgottenyongjuni1234Dined on 8/14/2014We were sitting outside and ordered appetizer first. After that, my friend was trying to order main dish but the waiter never came back to us. So we decided to change the place. He seemed like he didn't want to serve us.Special Features:
- Nice place for Restaurant WeekaneleDined on 8/13/2014Came here with a couple of friends for Restaurant Week. I had the coq au vin, which was pretty tasty. The appetizers were ok but really the dessert was the best part of the meal. Not really a destination place but definitely a good place to stop in for a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar Boulud-Lincoln Center2LCaddictsDined on 8/13/2014Absolutely perfect for pre or post concert dining. Light fare seems to be the best. My Vichysoisse and Beef Tartar were excellent, but my wife's sole that was ordered from the New York Restaurant week menu tasted old and very fishy. It will be hard to get her to go back, but we will try. Service on that very busy night, (8/13),was superb, considering the number of people and unavoidable confusion. Staff held our desserts for us until after the concert, and determinedly arranged for a table for us, despite the crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageAnnaBNYCDined on 8/13/2014With the exception of amazing tomatoes, everything was incredibly average to slightly below. The steak was flabby and slightly grey and really needed the bearnaise sauce to be really flavorful. Which was too bad. I should make one more visit to make sure I didn't just get an off night, but I was not wowed at all. (My boyfriend loved the snapper ceviche) That said, the staff was EXCELLENT. Very friendly, courteous, and knowledgable. It was my anniversary dinner and we had a wonderful time anyway.Special Features:
- Wonderful LunchBellaFiguraDined on 8/13/2014I went for the Restaurant Week lunch but ended up ordering the special sandwich that was offered that day. The waiter was professional but not stuffy. He was very helpful in selecting a wine to go with my and my friend's selections for lunch. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Loved Bar Boulud!SkurvybonesDined on 8/13/2014We were lucky enough to get a reservation for lunch during Restaurant Week. Only $25 for a 3 course meal. Everything we ordered was amazing. Husband especially loved his Croque Madame. He had never had one before and was so happy he ordered it. We sat right next to the stairs where the wait staff brought up all of the food. I loved watching the different beautiful plates pass by.Special Features:
- Nice Restaurant Week lunchjfoodieDined on 8/13/2014We enjoyed our lunch at Bar Boulud. The food was very good and the portions were perfect. My only complaint might be the coffee: I ordered a decaf. It was very good, but the cup--although very pretty--was quite small. I would have loved a second 'cup', but none was offered. I am beginning to be annoyed by upscale restaurants that will not offer a second cup of coffee! That said, it was a very nice lunch.
- Solid!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/12/2014Boulud is an awesome chef. This place serves wonderful dishes that are flavorful, fresh, and not over-the-top-trying-to-impress-and-be-different. We had a lovely meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice trendy French bistroWallStreetDinerReviewerDined on 8/12/2014This has only been my 2nd time. Great place to take a date and/or maybe go on a blind date. Anyway, if the date don't turn out to be going "your" way, you can always enjoy their vibrant bar. Not bad for a place to "chill". One of the "better" ones in UWS!!Special Features:
- lunch during restaurant weekJode44Dined on 8/12/2014I was glad to experience this chain of the Boulud family. I was impressed by the size of the salad (didn't love the dressing, but that's the luck of the draw), enjoyed my pasta entree, and was totally taken by the dessert. My waitress was the perfect level of personable/professional/attentive. Oddly, or not, she is what I will remember a year from now. I would come back.Special Features:
- Good but didn't meet expectationsclim91Dined on 8/11/2014I booked a table at Bar Boulud for me and my girlfriend as we were visiting New York during restaurant week. The food and service was good, and the wine excellent. Having said that, there was a lack of attention to detail that you would expect from a well reputed restaurant with higher prices. When we were seated, our table setting was missing some pieces, our large menus were not taken away after our orders were taken, the courses came out at inconsistent times (our main came out within seconds of them clearing our appetizers, but the dessert took some time). Overall, we had a good experience. However, because of this lack of attention to detail, combined with good but not great food, we didn't feel it was worth the price tag.Special Features:
- Restaurant week menuToopickyDined on 8/11/2014Enjoyed the meal, but the so-called fruit parfait was disappointing. Maybe it was a horizontal parfait. I was expecting blueberries and strawberries. I guess the fruits were used in the preparation. Maybe the dessert should be named differently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/11/2014was looking forward to the great reputation--was served fish that, although edible, wasn't fresh. When I mentioned this to the waiter he just shrugged. Service was fair--tried to remove my bread plate while I was still using it. Great location near Lincoln CenterSpecial Features:
- amazing dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Wonderful food, excellent wine, and fantastic attention to our needs/wants.Thank you for a special night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fijiVIPDined on 8/9/2014been going here years, and tonight was superlative, as almost alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for post performance eats!FrigginfabfoodDined on 8/8/2014This place is great for after a late Lincoln Center performance and its great for afternnon lunch before or after a movie. Not as hoity toity as it's sister establishment, Balud Sud. Much quiter than the Smith but not too quiet... The food is edgy and traditional at the same time. The waitstaff is what really makes it extra special though. They are all so nice!Special Features:
- Restaurant week 2014KaylaDined on 8/8/2014Service was good. Hostess was very accommodating and helpful when she managed to get us a table as we arrive earlier for our reservations. We ordered RW menu and it is delicious. I got the Pâté de Campagne(appetizer), coq au vin(main course) and coupe chocolat et abricot. Overall, it was very good but the dishes didn't impress me enough to come back for the regular price. Nice ambience and suitable for after work or friends gathering.Special Features:
- Average food at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014We chose food from the Restaurant Week menu. My son and husband had coq au vin which they both enjoyed. I ordered agnolotti with foraged vegetables (?) and the serving was very small (even by restaurant week standards) and the beans, ooops, foraged vegetables, were literally raw. I would never order this again and I doubt I will ever return to Bar Boulud. We were definitely underwhelmed.
- August Outdoor DiningJudie1SkyDined on 8/7/2014The service was phenomenal. A former NYer visiting from FL, especially enjoyed our seats outside, with an unobstructed view of Lincoln Center. We did the Restaurant Week Menu and all was terrific, except for the salad, which was basically some greens & could have been more exciting. My entree was delicious, as was the dessert. I am certain I will come back, as it was a very good experience, and it is quite close to my home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RE: saltmizsDined on 8/7/2014we enjoy Bar Boulud very much and eat there several times a year. We even have a designated table. I have had only one criticism, and this may be my opportunity to voice it. There is a heavy hand on the salt. I no longer order the coq au vin at Bar B. or at DB's, and on Thurs. I had to scrape off the seasoning atop the poussin, which was otherwise perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- A FavoriteecolieredelagastronomieVIPDined on 8/7/2014One of my favorite restaurants in New York. The front of the house is welcoming; the food is delicious and interesting; the service great. The peekytoe crab salad, always a treat, appeared in a summer version with peaches. The black and white boudin sausage was a lovely just-right sized portion with a creamy potate puree and apples. 'The cheese plate is always excellent here. With a glass of Rhône wine, what a lovely pre-theater dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun scene and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/7/2014What a wonderful restaurant with a rare combination of great food , great minimalist decor, attentive service, and chic clientele. Perfect for pre-Lincoln Center as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.