New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barboulud.com/nyc/
- Phone: (212) 595-0303
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:00PM - 11:00PM
Friday-Saturday 5:00PM - 12:00AM
Sunday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30AM - 2:30PM
Late lunch offered at the bar and terrace from 2:30PM - 5:00PM
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 11:00AM - 4:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French
- Executive Chef: Olivier Quignon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: None
- Special Events:
A word from Bar Boulud
Bar Boulud is Chef Daniel Boulud’s bistro and wine bar located across from New York City's Lincoln Center. An exquisite array of housemade charcuterie complements sumptuous French cooking for both lunch and dinner. Bar Boulud offers a 3 course price fixe for lunch for $29 and dinner for $45. Outdoor dining is available on the terrace seasonally. Three private wine-themed dining rooms adjacent to the wine cellar are also available for private events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bar Boulud reviews from OpenTable diners
460 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (259)notable wine list (155)neighborhood gem (154)great for outdoor dining (134)great for lunch (128)special occasion (108)great for brunch (91)hot spot (88)romantic (46)good for groups (44)late-night find (38)vibrant bar scene (34)scenic view (21)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- Will give another tryLuzcDined on 11/26/2014The server was very attentive and friendly. The wine recommendation was great! I was running late for my reservation and they did not hesitated in sitting me upon arrival. The scallop paella was very tasty but too " soupy like". The rice was too cooked and there was a lot of broth still not reduced. The ambiance and location are perfect. Will give it another try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Westside restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/26/2014Delicious food. Excellent menu with Variety of choices, priced fairly Professional and attentive staff Wonderful luncheon dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location...good food!hokienerdDined on 11/24/2014It's very conveniently located outside Lincoln Center and has a great ambience. The service was excellent and the food was good. However, for the price they charged it should have been a lot better. They have fantastic deserts!! Highly recommend the deserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always on our listmsw1VIPDined on 11/22/2014We love this place and always visit when we're in New York. The food is great, the service is friendly and we love the room and the view of Lincoln Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost it's PunchCityFolkVIPDined on 11/22/2014The last two times we ate here we weren't happy. Seems mor like a factory & less like an eating experience. Food quality no where near what it was or should be. Lost our business.
- Sublime703jamesVIPDined on 11/22/2014This dining spot is a winner in everyway. Terrific French food, complimented by a superb wine list, with service that makes this restaurant a very enjoyable dining experience. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GalaDined on 11/21/2014Went for pre show dinner , it was ok desert was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winning combination of staff food locationDeltauDined on 11/21/2014The staff were exceedingly helpfu in satisfying the unique needs of our group. The food, service and location are a perfect fit to meet scheduling needs related to area attractions. The prix fixe menu satisfies a variety of tastes. Most important - the food tastes good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!MattDined on 11/20/2014From the time we sat down, Leigh took care of us. We had an amazing experience. Food was fantastic. The atmosphere was better. And the wine list was top notch. We will be going back next chance we get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre OperaBerniHHIDined on 11/19/2014We enjoyed a great three course meal before the opera. The fabulous food flavors, service, lively environment, and location across from the Met make this a place to which I will return when in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar Boulud: Great Choice near LIncoln CenterAndy79VIPDined on 11/17/2014A great choice for a meal before attending performances at Lincoln Center. The service is very well-timed to keep things moving, but without feeling rushed. The regular menu is delicious but the special meals should not be missed. We LOVED the pork tater tots on the "nose to tail" menu as well as the pork raviolis. Wines are affordable and make sure to save some to have with their delicious cheese selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast food at Lincoln CenterSuzieDined on 11/15/2014For a so-so meal , go around the corner to Picholine, spend a little more money and have a great meal in a quiet lovely restaurant
- Great location with good serviceGraceDined on 11/15/2014We ate here before the opera and it was a great find. The food was very good and the service was excellent. Our waiter understood our time constraints and got us fed and out with some time to spare. We even had time for a charcuterie starter and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Matinee Brunch: Thumbs UpBookieVIPDined on 11/15/2014Reading other reviews, I'm surprised at the dichotomy: some love Bar Boulud before going to Lincoln Center; some, well, really don't. I've eaten there several times pre-Met Opera, and I'm in the love it camp. We went for brunch before a 1:00 pm matinee. An 11:00 am reservation had us sitting with plenty of time to enjoy our meal, and we were out in good time to get across the street and into our seats. Service was smooth and there when we needed it. The food was excellent as always, and just the right amount to be satisfied but not make us fall asleep during the performance. Love the pastries--a perfect croissant, good scone, etc. Just the right amount of dressing on salads, not too much. One of our party of 4 asked for no sauce on her sandwich, and was accommodated without question. A surprising highlight was the sundae with pecan ice cream, butter crunch, butterscotch sauce, 3 little round brownies, and whipped cream. I'm not much for desserts, but I had to finish this one! Even though the price of the brunch has risen over the years, it's still a very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but unevenanonymousDined on 11/11/2014We like the ambiance, location (proximity to Lincoln Center) and food. We do find it very uneven, in both the quality of the food and level of service. The waiters often get the order wrong but don't seem concerned about their mistakes. They rarely visit the table so we always have to chase them. The service is much better when the restaurant is emptier (not surprisingly). Another friend who held an event here said that it was an awful experience, so I would never hold an event here. The outside terrace is a big draw.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2014Excellent wine list. Dinner was top notch and well presented. Waiter was on point, overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mbhdinerVIPDined on 11/9/2014We love the food at Bar Boulud, especially the Charcuterie. But the tables are uncomfortably small and very close together. There are a few booths, but these are rarely available. Just know this before you go, because the food is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as alwaysNYCdinersVIPDined on 11/9/2014Reliable good food and service. Booths good for quiet table. One of our favorite Lincoln Center restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2014Place wa s recommande by a Friend,Iwe found the place very average, a limited menu with thing like a Poulet a la moutarde which is in fact a cold tasteless paté...I finally fed myself with a simple croque Madame which was ok!
- jmrgVIPDined on 11/8/2014The service timing was uneven, ran late .....even tho they asked us for curtain time.Special Features:
- EvelynWFDined on 11/8/2014It was exactly what you would expect from Daniel Boulud without going to Daniel.Special Features:
- If your going to the Opera . . .nycvisitorDined on 11/7/2014Made our reservations early because we wanted a convenient location for dinner before the opera. From our from window table we could see many turned away. Nothing stood out about the food, service or ambiance so I see not need to go back. And for our next opera evening I'll probably try Cafe Fiorello next door.
- Great for before the OperaPmmkVIPDined on 11/4/2014This has become our go to place before the MET. Great combination of excellent food and a spectacular wine list - all to be enjoyed at a pace that makes dinner before the opera a pleasure. Our pan roasted skate on the prix fixe menu was spectacular - especially with a wine paring from the jeroboam. We will be back several more times this winter.Special Features:
- Gotta love French cooking!BadgerSteveVIPDined on 11/2/2014Bar Boulud offers classic French dishes prepared to perfection in a pleasant atmosphere served with pleasant, casual and efficient service. Not presumptuous, but quality throughout. Everything you'd expect from the great Daniel Boulud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!JBeeDined on 11/1/2014This restaurant never disappoints either in food, atmosphere, service, or the great wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgotten About.LauraPdxVIPDined on 11/1/2014Sat at window table, great for people watching but very cold breeze there so asked to move after appetizers finished. Second course arrives then and we only see busboys thereafter refilling water glasses etc. No one refills coffee or brings remaining courses. We ask if they are coming and assured food will be coming. 30 minutes pass and one of us has to leave. No desserts as promised. No bill even. I have to get up and find a hostess to even pay the bill( which they agree to reduce at my request). The food we did eat was tasty, however.... Probably won't come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014I'd been to Bar Boulud once before and enjoyed it well enough. This time, food was disappointed, service was a bit pretentious and pressured.
- New menusBaguette75VIPDined on 10/30/2014Boulud finally change his menu And now you have much better plats. BravoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Bistro near Lincoln CenterAngusDined on 10/30/2014This bistro sets a high standard. Across from Lincoln Center, it offers the best of bistro food. The creativity is everywhere. The amuse bouche were perfect gougeres. We selected SOUPE DE CÉLERI, celery soup, apples, tapioca, and tarragon to start. It was light and tasty. The tapioca was inspired. Next I had, FRISÉE LYONNAISE, chicory, chicken liver, poached egg, lardons, sourdough croutons which was refreshing and unique with the chicken livers. Next was the BLANC BOUDIN, truffled pork sausage, apples, pork jus which was perfection and the TOURTE CHARCUTIÈRE, pork jowl, foie gras, boudin noir which was a tasty mosaic of flavors. The exquisite TARTE MYRTILLES CITRON, blueberry compote, lemon custard crème fraiche ice cream ended the meal.Special Features:
- A very good bar/restoNinaVIPDined on 10/30/2014This is a great place to grab a bite if you are headed to Lincoln Center. Food is very good and so is the service.Special Features:
- better than everMudhenVIPDined on 10/28/2014superb as always; even better that when it first openedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Main courses were very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/28/2014With four of us we sampled a few different main courses. Although not particularly creative the fish dishes were very good. The bread was excellent. The wis list for glasses of wine was overpriced and limited but offered some good choices. The dessert was totally underwhelming and was $14. I f it was even at the level of tasty i would not comment but in fact it was close to tasteless than good. Overall the service and food was quite good, but the restaurant is overpriced for what it is now delivering.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2014Very average. Had the chef special recommended highly by the waiter and it was not great:(Special Features:
- First Class PlaceMerrinDined on 10/27/2014Terrific food, great service, overall a gem. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Food was very good but not served hot enough. One of the red wines was served too warm.Special Features:
- FantasticMaycorsiniVIPDined on 10/26/2014Great brunch, great and attentive service. The burger was out of this world as was the steak and eggs and super green greens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Meal; Great Evening!AnthonyEDined on 10/25/2014This was my second visit to the restaurant. I brought my 18 year-old daughter and 83 year-old mother, both with varying tastes. Not surprisingly, both enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. My mother, who is perhaps the pickier eater, had the lamb and loved it. My daughter, who takes after me, wanted to have everything on the menu. She ended up order the duck breast and also loved it. For desert, we all chose the same item (boring...not so), the pumpkin mousse. It was just too intriguing to pass up and it did not disappoint. The blending of the pumpkin with the cranberry sorbet and gingerbread cookie was phenomenal. Overall, a great dinner and a great evening to remember. I'll be back!Special Features:
- French ImperfectgenacmVIPDined on 10/25/2014Trying to rock a Balthazar vibe, Bar Boulud serves up bistro French food, heavy on the charcuterie and other pig parts. I thought it was a safe place to try mussels, and I was wrong as they were overcooked and tasteless, missing the promised bacon and swimming in a greasy cream broth. My daughter's ravioli was similarly disappointing. The other members of our party, however, were much happier with the lamb and scallops and pork shoulder. Across from Lincoln Center, the restaurant is a long tunnel, noisy and not beautiful. On the plus side, the service was friendly, helpful and enthusiastic. Also, as a party of 5, it was a pleasure for once not to be stuck in the basement or back room.Special Features:
- MorkVIPDined on 10/25/2014You can't go wrong here. The place is active...but once you sit, you are permitted to relax and let the noise swirl above you without getting in the way. Not only are the menu and wine list first rate, but there is a listing of "Discovery" wines that span a wide price range and have some truly interesting selections. And the service is welcoming and informed, and often comes with a good sense of humor.Special Features:
- weak link in the boulud restau'ts?OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/25/2014I want to like all the Daniel Boulud restaurants. I've been to most -- and enjoy knowing that the food and service will be good. Last weekend at Bar Boulud was an exception. Previous visits have been good but my Saturday night reservation, at 7:30 pm was a letdown. The restaurant was crowded as the preLincoln Center crowd was still departing (my error, should have booked at 8). But, even with a slow start - waiting for the table; waiting longer to place a drink order and the service never recovered to the normal boulud standards. Our waiter just seemed uninterested in taking orders, let alone the rest of the service. The food was good, although we sent the fries back as they were served room temp. Hope this was a one off problem.