191 7th Avenue
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barbaresconyc.com/
- Phone: 2126755935
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday – Monday: 4:00pm – 11:00pm
Tuesday – Saturday: 4:00pm – 12:00am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm -4:00 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Happy Hour, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining
- Private Party Contact: Angelo Nasti (212)675-5935
- Entertainment: Happy hour in BarBaresco, or aperitif time, canapés and much more.
From 4:30 to 7:30pm
A word from Bar Baresco
Casual an Italian Wine Bar with 40 Bottles by the Glass and over 300 Wine by the Bottles.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bar Baresco reviews from OpenTable diners
- Totally empty on a SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2013Totally empty on a Saturday night. I think we had 2 or 3 waiters who kept asking us the same question (ready to order?, want desert?, etc). Kind of felt like they were doing the repeater routine from Super Troopers. That being said, the food is actually pretty good and the prices are reasonable so I'm not sure why exactly the place is so empty. Oh and they totally flubbed it and reported to opentable that we had not honored our reservation.
- Pre-show dinner was delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/1/2013The food was very good and reasonably priced, definitely a reason to come back. My pasta with mussels, clams, shrimp and scallops was excellent. We had margherita pizzas as an appetizer that were delicious as well. Wine by the glass was a little expensive at $10 (although the selection was excellent), but there were plenty of bottle options on the wine list for less than $40, so we ordered a nice bottle of Barbera d'Alba ($34) and a bottle of Pinot Grigio (about $35), both of which were tasty. Will definitely go back. Service was excellent for our party of six.Special Features:
- Chelsea SurprisePartyofsixDined on 2/15/2013Wonderful surprise just around the corner from our hotel...great Italian food, service, and good wines too!Special Features:
- Terrific Neighborhood FindLisaKNYCDined on 2/14/2013My husband and I tried Bar Baresco for the first time on Valentines Day. It was fantastic! There was a 3-course menu, as well as the regular menu. We both really enjoyed our meals. The owner helped us chose an excellent and reasonably priced bottle of wine. Overall, we can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- I checked in but didn't stay.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/20/2012I checked in but didn't stay. The noise level was out of control. Even at the more sedate wine bar. The hostess and I couldn't even hear one another. Awful.
- We can In ten minutes priorOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/2/2012We can In ten minutes prior to happy hour ending, yet they would not serve us a happy hour priced drink. Once we were seated the waiter did not come over for 15 minutes to see what we wanted to drink,etc. He was not very friendly and brushed off requests. I ordered something to bring home during my meal and it took an HOUR for him to bring it out to me so we had to wait an extra 10 minutes for it after we paid. I paid for the takeout portion which was $17.24 with a twenty dollar bill. He brought me TWO DOLLARS as change. I guess he decided to keep the 76 cents for himself. Which of course is not alot however its the PRINCIPLE of the whole thing. I used to love this neighborhood gem but I will not being going back EVER.
- OK bar but they have the musicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2012OK bar but they have the music simply too loud that people cant hear themselves talk.
- We were a group of 6. Weluv2eatoutVIPDined on 7/16/2012We were a group of 6. We had a wonderful big booth in the back. Everything we ordered was delicious. Ceasar salads, pear salad, rigatoni with eggplant, ravioli, pasta with pesto, salmon, and pizza. Nothing was left over!! Looking forward to coming back here soon! A great find in Chelsea!!Special Features:
- Porr service and lack of attentionOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/14/2012Porr service and lack of attention to detail in food, service and decor make this restaurant not a good value even at reasonable prices.
- the truffle pizza is great!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/7/2012the truffle pizza is great! the wine list is good but i didn't care for the spicy mojito (it was too sweet).Special Features:
- Pizza was great. Nice casualOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/19/2012Pizza was great. Nice casual spot. No pressure to leave. Would have liked to sit outside, but noise from subway was too much.Special Features:
- Party BrunchSpinmommyVIPDined on 4/29/2012My husband and I went for brunch on a Sunday. It was a party at 12:30 in the afternoon. A DJ spun top 20 dance hits, the drinks flowed (especially for a $20-all-you-can-drink price tag) and the brunch standards were served. I had prosciutto eggs benedict which was tasty, but nothing out of this world. My husband had pasta which was delicious. The drinks were ok, but the service was "fair" at best. Granted, it was busy, but our server was so absent that the bus boy began refilling our beverages (as well as for the table next to us). It's fun, but that's the only reason to go there. The food & drinks can be had at better establishments. So it depends what you're after.Special Features:
- Great all you can drink brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2012Great all you can drink brunch! Good music! Awesome for bday brunch!Special Features:
- Nice ambiance for a DRINKPSiddy57VIPDined on 4/6/2012We went to this restaurant on a Friday night, group of 6. The ambiance is very nice, exposed brick, nice lighting and an old rustic Italian feel to it. Despite having to ask for water, plates and an explanation of the specials; the appetizers were good: stuffed mushrooms, three cheese pizza, octopus w/ potatoes, buff and mozz, and a salad. Can't go wrong with a good bottle of wine. The entree's were nothing special. There was a tasty sandy crunch to the scallops and the "pasta fettucini" was really a seafood medley but the pasta puttaneseca was delish. Service was horrible but overall good place for a quick drink and a small SIMPLE bite to eat.Special Features:
- Food was delicious. They wereNotcookingtonightDined on 3/24/2012Food was delicious. They were very accommodating as one in our party wanted to watch the Syracuse game. Good value.Special Features:
- It was really great food,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/25/2012It was really great food, super easy and reasonably priced! I would definitely recommendSpecial Features:
- Food was fantastic and staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2012Food was fantastic and staff was very nice. Great first date spot.Special Features:
- Confusion with ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/19/2012It was a great experience, BUT they didn't have my reservation even though Open Table confirmed it with me. I explained I made the reservation on Open Table, they told me they don't accept Open Table Reservations for Bar Baresco-- but tried to seat me and my friend quickly to "fix the issue". I suggest Open Table and Bar Baresco work out the problem with this so it doesn't happen again to anyone else.Special Features:
- Not great food but decentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/9/2012Not great food but decent enough for a nice neighborhood spot. Very reasonably priced with a good menu selection. The service is spotty but friendly. I'd recommend it for a casual bite, go with the pizza or pasta, my fish was a bit mealy last time. Nice vibe and comfortable place to sit and linger.Special Features:
- Food was good, waiter didOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/3/2012Food was good, waiter did not tell us the specials and appeared really rushed.Special Features:
- We sat at the bar and ateOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/19/2011We sat at the bar and ate dinner. Nothing special.
- Restaurant is a faur neughbirhiidstanVIPDined on 12/8/2011Restaurant is a faur neughbirhiid restaurant but it tends to be very looud which can make dining unpleasant. Sevice is adequate. Food tends to be fair to good with decent selections..
- Great for a couple's dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/21/2011Great for a couple's dinner. Very good food at moderate prices in a welcoming and romantic setting. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/15/2011The food was delicious and the atmosphere was great especially for getting to know someone. Not too quiet or loud. Just right to hold a decent conversation without having to yell so that you hear each other.Special Features:
- The restaurant did not haveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2011The restaurant did not have at least two more moderate priced wines listed on the menu. This was a very poor start to the evening and lead to a disapointment of the restaurant. I would not recommend it to my friends.
- The food was delicious butILOVEFOODVIPDined on 7/16/2011The food was delicious but it was empty by 945 on a saturday night.Special Features:
- I needed a place where I couldOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2011I needed a place where I could have a conversation, good food and drinks with a group of friends and Bar Baresco did not disappoint. My group was able to talk freely without having to talk over music or loud chatter from other patrons.Special Features:
- I think they were understaffed,MademoiselleModeDined on 6/26/2011I think they were understaffed, but our server was never there. Another table that came in after us got there food way before us! The food is really nothing to write home about either.
- It's good and open late.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/23/2011It's good and open late. A nice stable if you live in the neighborhood.
- THe food was good, nothingGoodeatsVIPDined on 5/16/2011THe food was good, nothing special. The service was not good... the waitress never came back to check on us... Seems like a party of 2 gets ignored. However, the main reason seemed to have been that its a busy place with 2 servers....Special Features:
- Great food, not as great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2011The food was great! My only complaint was the service - we had to flag down our waiter every time, even though it wasn't busy that night. Maybe he was trying to give us space since we were on a date, but still was odd. Regardless, the staff was very friendly, and brought a dessert for the birthday at our table!Special Features:
- Good italian food. NothingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/30/2011Good italian food. Nothing all the creative but execute basic italian food (fish, meat, pasta and pizza)well. Lot of space which is great for groups. Nice open front with outdoor seating as well. Wine list has some good, resonable options as well.Special Features:
- The wine list was great andMNYCVIPDined on 4/23/2011The wine list was great and very reasonably priced. We had the pizza for an appetizer which was excellent!! I had the lasagna for dinner which was very good. My husband had the orecchiette which was ok. Service was great. We had a wonderful time!
- Great wines by the glassisla88Dined on 4/10/2011Sunday dinner with group of 8 people at 6pm. Place was empty so very quiet. Service was good and food came out in good time and was good as well. Many wines by the glass. Would have liked it to be a bit more lively, but I suppose Sunday night can be a little quiet. Would go back or recommendSpecial Features:
- Easy menu and good wine.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/13/2011Easy menu and good wine. Service is good. Friendly atmosphere. Evening sort of ruined by restaurant's banging front door from patrons and kitchen workers running bach & forth with deliveries. NOT GOOD! Very poor form. Kind of a mixed message on restaurant image, I must say.Special Features:
- Good place for friends toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/9/2011Good place for friends to get together for a nice dinner that is not too expensive. The grilled octopus appertizer was flavorful and tender . All portions were very big and tasty .Special Features:
- This place was good, thoughChrisDined on 3/7/2011This place was good, though not exceptional. They have a good wine selection. The food was well presented and very tasty, and the service was pleasant. The ambiance was a bit off, but I think it would have been nicer if we'd been seated more toward the front of the restaurant.Special Features:
- The noise was absolutely deafeningOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/27/2011The noise was absolutely deafening and the food was inedible.
- by acpOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/24/2011Lovely, great food..nice ambient, great lighting and good service. Oh and excellent wines.Special Features:
- both the waitress and bartenderOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/19/2011both the waitress and bartender seem bothered to have customers and Considering how dead this place you'd think they would be happy! Food and wine were good. Probably would give it another shot