Bar Bar Black Sheep
1415 N Milwaukee Ave
Chicago, IL 60622Neighborhood:
Bucktown / Wicker Park
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bar Bar Black Sheep
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barbarblacksheepchicago.com/
- Phone: (773) 951-4635
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 2:00am.
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Bar Bar Black Sheep
Classic drinks, a stay-and-relax atmosphere and good food is what Bar Bar Black Sheep, a dining bar, is all about. Dine, drink and talk comfortably while you enjoy the view of canvases by local artists and the sounds of area musicians. We have created a simple, honest, down-to-earth environment without pretense while supporting local growers, talent and patrons.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bar Bar Black Sheep reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (3)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (3)romantic (1)Show More
- A lovely spotmhope321Dined on 10/17/2014I was much impressed with Bar Bar Black Sheep. The food was delicious and the waitstaff was super friendly. A very nice addition to Milwaukee Ave.Special Features:
- Loved it!PorkBellyDined on 9/27/2014We tried the duck tacos, calamari, Brussels sprouts, sliders, shrimp and the risotto balls, everything was outstanding, and the beer was great too. The waitress was fantastic, will definitely go back.Special Features:
- The following 4 reviews are from the Bar Bar Black Sheep reviews archive.
- Made our night special and unique!YummyOneVIPDined on 3/28/2014The hubs and I went to Bar Bar Black Sheep on one of our coveted date nights and it did not disappoint! We had awesome service - our server made amazing suggestions from everything from food to drink and took our personal likes/dislikes into account. Everything was great with the exception of one entree (which was good for sure, but just not as stellar as the rest). We had the bacon flight, tempora brussels sprouts, burger, pork tenderloin, and truffle fries. Bathed in truffle, I tell you. Awesome and unique cocktails (would go back for that alone), service, and food (would go back for the bacon flight and burger alone as well!). Well done, Bar Bar Black Sheep! Or, Ba Ba Bar Sheep as I was calling it by the end of my 3rd round...Special Features:
- A must for Wicker Park!EmilyDined on 2/14/2014I went here on Valentine's Day with my girlfriends and we had a blast! The food and cocktails were spot on and our server was very helpful to help us decide on what we wanted. I would definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and service.LauraDined on 11/15/2013What a treat to try something new and have it be wonderful! Upon arrival our host/waiter was very attentive to our table, but also helpful and knowledgable when it came to the menu. We were three of us and we split the bacon flight and duck tacos (to be honest, I could have had that as my meal by myself it was so scrumpcious!) These were recommended by the waiter and he wasn't kidding when he said it was the best. We also tried the salmon ciabatta and the chicken bbq sandwich. All very delicious. The best part was dessert....we had to try the bacon ice cream...and it was amazing! Only con: a few things were out on the menu...there was no steak and one of us was hoping to try the steak sandwich but was very happy with everything else.Special Features:
- great new findnotasnobVIPDined on 9/21/2013We visited as they were switching from the summer to fall menu, so options were somewhat limited. But the food was very good-- clearly very fresh. Typical "bar food" (burgers, chicken sandwiches, etc) are elevated to a new level with fresh ingredients and great presentation. Very good flavors. The service was fantastic. They were clearly very excited to be there, and wanted us to enjoy our time there, too. The decor, music and atmosphere are edgy without being pretentious. The bar itself is beautiful. I'll be back.