Bar & Boeuf
Montreal, QC H2Y2H6Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Bar & Boeuf
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.baretboeuf.com/
- Phone: 5148663555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: On the main floor, Bar et Boeuf is designed to host your business meetings or private events. This luminous room can welcome up to 300 people for a cocktail or seat up to 100 people for a meal. The elegant private room, located on the second floor of Bar et Boeuf, is the ideal place to hold your special events. This private room can welcome up to 150 people or seat up to 60 people for a meal.
- Private Party Contact: Gabrielle 5148663555
- Special Events: At Bar et Boeuf, we offer a wide range of personalized services, menus that are tailored to suit your tastes, a sumptuous bar topped by the unique touch of Bar et Boeuf and our executive chef, Simon Mathys. A guaranteed success.
A word from Bar & Boeuf
Warm and refined, while chic and relaxing, Bar et Boeuf is an ideal spot for anyone seeking to experience Bar et Boeuf's evolving, seasonal menus that feature traditional ingredients paired with a fresh approach that emphasizes casual elegance, integrity and taste, together with the shared pleasures of the table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bar & Boeuf reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
good for groups (6)fit for foodies (4)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)romantic (3)special occasion (2)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Nice place to go! Not to expensive for the quality of food.Special Features:
- nickysueDined on 6/20/2014The service was good. The air conditioning was so high that most of us had to wear a sweater. The food had no taste and we felt it was overpriced for the quality. At 7:30 on a Saturday night they had 3 choices of their main menu that were not available and the restaurant was only at about 1/3 full.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnercatlovesfoodDined on 6/14/2014I had an amazing birthday dinner at Bar et Boeuf. We were a large group and they gave us a nice semi private spot on the second floor and the waitress was amazing. The food was good but a little bit on the small side. I wish my plate was bigger. Overall, I really liked my experience and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a nice trendy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- miam miamStevenDined on 6/4/2014l'entrée Fois gras poêle est goûteux, une très bonne mise en bouche pour la suite. Le poisson "Dorée du lac" était divin, cuisson parfaite, par contre accompagnement couscous était trop salé, dommage. La pièce de boeuf (cuisson saignante) était PARFAITE. Le dessert Gâteau des anges (déclinaison avec les fraises, un pure régal).
- Great food! Ok service.ShessocolourfulDined on 5/24/2014The good was great however the service could have been better. From someone who works for a client based company, I didn't find the experience to be very personable or friendly. From the time I was greated till the time I was said 'goodbye' I don't recall seeing any of the staff smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 292 reviews are from the Bar & Boeuf reviews archive.
- Won't go backDisappointed5555Dined on 5/17/2014The food tasted good .. But they messed up a steak and had no idea who's steak they were giving to who .. Took the messed up ones back and left her with no food for another 30 minutes when we all had ours . Didn't even comp her any drinks or anything for the royal mistake. Didn't offer us to taste the wine before pouring .. Honestly just the worst service I've ever seen ... It was okay for a night but I won't ever be going back again
- FoodYummyfoodbettermoodDined on 3/29/2014Food was good but not great.. not that big of a selection. I did not leave thinking that I wanted to come back to try something else.Special Features:
- The food was very good, nothingEm12345Dined on 3/22/2014The food was very good, nothing to say for this but the service was horible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great atmosphereYSLKDined on 3/8/2014overall the mood and the interior of the place were great but the foods were not as great as i expected (most of them were salty)Special Features:
- Meh!azivaziriDined on 3/1/2014Not too impressed with the food, service and especially not the ambiance. For the price-point, honestly not worth it. We have such an amazing resto selection in Montreal that Bar&Boeuf is not really worth it, in my opinion.
- Fantastic service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014We have been to B&B four times now. Everytime we go we have an amazing experience. The food is great, the servers are always very friendly and proffesional and the ambiance is perfect. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurant and great servicepy07Dined on 2/12/2014My girlfriend and I were very satisfied with both the food and the service. The look of the restaurant is great. The rabbit was fantastic, as well as the steak. And the Profiteroles were outstanding as a dessert. We are not drinkers so we can't say anything about the wine card, to which we didn't give a look to be honest, but I'm certain that a restaurant of this quality would offer a good selection. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 starchuckDined on 1/22/2014I had beef tartar and I have to admit that it was very very good. Wine was mind blowing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb New Years Eve but pricyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013We had such an experience at Bar & Boeuf by December 31st !! A wonderfull 4 courses dinner , very fine cuisine , very tasty but the portion were far too small compare to the price They requested no choice that we pay 160 $ ( without drink or wine during the dinner ) all services included This is true that this amount included the open bar from 23h to 3 hours on morning They rush the service to the table without any reason as they requested us to leave our table to set up the party only at 11pm Globaly a good experience but only due to the very nice food and the very good DJSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I dined at B&B on a date.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013I dined at B&B on a date. The food was not that great and the service was not that great either. I would reccomend the restaurant for group events since the prices are fair and the menu has a bit of everything. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Service fails, food suffersOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/11/2013The slow service can only be described as a snail's pace, which prolonged a simple meal and resulted in food that was either served overcooked or too cold. Given so many other restaurants in the area is best to just avoid this restaurant.
- Excellent All AroundandyGB4Dined on 12/7/2013As we walked in, we loved the way the restaurant looked. We were seated right away, and asked if we wanted drinks. The appetizers must have come no more than 5-10 minutes after we ordered, which was quite impressive. The main meal came quickly after the appetizers as well, but not too quickly, just the right amount of time. The food itself was very good! For "French Cuisine", the plates for the main meals were very big! I did not expect that. We ordered the duck confit with bacon, sausage and beans, and we also ordered the salmon tartar, which was very good as well. I'd definitely recommend this restaurant, and will definitely being going back. The Staff is also very friendly and gave great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like trying new restaurants,luv2eatDined on 11/16/2013I like trying new restaurants, this one was on the top of my list, i wasn't disappointed, the food was great, service was excellent, staff was really nice, i would recommend this place to anyone who either wants a nice place to eat or has a social event. The place is very spacious, not too crowded and ample seating space between the tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank youAndreaDined on 11/13/2013Le pain est excellent! Ne changer pas ceci svp. Tout le repas était bon et le servive efficace, courtois et professionnel. Une expérience agréable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible group experienceMaximeDined on 11/9/2013We were celebrating my wife 30th birthday with a group of 17 and we were serve by one girl not professional at all. She was not polite, water and wine splashed on the table when she filled our glass, she wasn't able to recommend us wine (1st we chose was an agro-bio one who smell really bad, she replaced it with an other one who wasn't good (and 57$)!) and the service was very long (2hours for 1st service), but she told us it was normal for a group! She even did'nt ask my wife if she want a desert (or me to give her a birthday cake!)Special Features:
- Did not appreciate the slow serviceLemzDined on 11/9/2013As much as I was excited to try a new restaurant, I was not impressed with the service. I had reservations at 7pm, I did a courtesy call to notify of 5 mins delay and the person on the line made it seem like the restaurant was overly packed and we needed to get there right away and that numerous people were waiting for their seats. We ended up being 3 mins late and we got menus as soon as we sat down, however took 30 mins to get drinks. Restaurant wasn't packed, didn't understand the delay of service. Took another 45 mins to get my bill. Food was ok, not over the top but fair. Needed a bit more flavor in my opinion. Coat check is a good added service. Ambiance was nice, great for a romantic dinner and special occasion.Special Features:
- GoodIntro12Dined on 11/2/2013Everything was perfect only the service was too fast. We just finished our appetizer and our meal were already served. But the waitress was really nice and the food also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary SuccessMelaBellaDined on 11/1/2013I took my boyfriend here on our first night in Montreal as part of our romantic getaway and it was amazing! The restaurant itself is gorgeous and romantic, with high ceilings, romantic lighting and super comfy chairs. The servers were well dressed and polite and charming. The place was busy and a little loud, but that went unoticed after a while. I had the lychee martini and it was beyond amazing and my boyfriend Chris loved that they had his favorite Quebec beer available. The bread was delicious, as was my appetizer, the squash soup. I had the salmon and Chris had the rabbit. At first I thought it looked small, but it was very filling and Chris was pleased with his rabbit. Take your time and expect to be there a while, it was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wi-Fi not functional !FabulousDined on 10/18/2013Although the food and service was good, the Wifi was down (????), so that was annoying for some of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodPotsyVIPDined on 9/26/2013I tried this with a friend last week for lunch Service was very good and the food was great Nice wine list with something for everyone Looks like it turns into a bar in the evening with dj etc I will go backSpecial Features:
- Was here for a business lunch.midtowndinerDined on 9/24/2013Was here for a business lunch. The service was terrible. We were also told our food was delayed because a large group was being served first. It was a good thing the client suggested this place.
- Excellent food , good locationKikiDined on 8/22/2013Excellent food , good location , ideal for an evening with friends .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le bar et boeuf, une valeur sûre!ValfromqcDined on 8/20/2013Le bar et boeuf est un super resto, avec lequel on ne peut pas se tromper! La nourriture et le service sont toujours impeccables!Special Features:
- GroupsmtlGourmandVIPDined on 8/10/2013definitely a great place for groups (up to 20 guests, you can keep the A la carte menu, which is great imo) excellent entrees but appetizers were a bit priceySpecial Features:
- Fantastic date nightAlexDined on 7/20/2013My boyfriend and I went here on a Friday date night and it was absolutely fantastic. The food and ambiance were great. Also the menu is very very affordable (everything under $30). A must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From dining experience to BistroFabspringDined on 6/29/2013A little disappointed with Bar & Boeuf. We dined at the restaurant several times in the past...fit for foodies. On our recent visit, the menu unfortunately had more of a Bistro feeling. Gone was the "Menu dégustation", gone was the creativity and imagination.Special Features:
- Great Dinging Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/22/2013Had a great dining experience, great location and set up. Waiter service was extremely friendly and consistent. Would definitely recommend for any type of night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre all overMado1Dined on 6/15/2013Very disappointing , went there with a group , some from Toronto and others from USA, food ordinary, worst was the service that was handled like if we were at the tavern, the waitress was conceded with no refinement and no customer service knowledge , wine list very limited and if this was not enough, wine from a bottle opened for 5 days and obviously not good was offered to us. I do not recommend this restaurant to anyone
- Nothing Special...SantanaDined on 6/13/2013I was expecting a lot more after reading the reviews. Food it's just ok, the beef tartare has nothing outstanding and the black angus beef is average. The service was very good for Montreal standards.
- would go again.TeezDined on 5/25/2013Decent food at decent prices. A good variety of meats and fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three and a half stars overallBillyDined on 5/24/2013Loved the lay out, modern look. I find the sea food was low end . The cuts of meat were low end as well. The lobster/ crab/beef all was covered with butters n creams which turned me off the most...
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2013Would have liked to order the tasting menu with wine but our 9:30 pm reservation was too late for it Very nice meal, great high end setting but affordable. Smaller " foodie " portion but good quality ingredients and nice flavors. Not sure about the chocolate toffee dessert..the cream didn't work with it for meSpecial Features:
- We love We love the placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2013We love We love the place since i'ts opening. Great chef, great food, great ambiance. Our choice, always : menu dégustation. Line and BernardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around good placeRoxanneDined on 5/14/2013Thoroughly enjoyed my food, and the martinis were fantastic!!!Special Features:
- good but smallJeffKDined on 5/4/2013everything we ordered was very good however the portions were rather on the small side, including the martini which did not fill the glass half way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.