Bar Americain at Mohegan Sun
1 Mohegan Sun Boulevard
Uncasville, CT 06382Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bar Americain at Mohegan Sun
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.baramericain.com/
- Phone: (860) 862-8000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Bar Hours:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 11:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Bobby Flay
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bar Americain has a semi-private dining room that is suitable for private parties, dinners, banquets, rehearsal dinners, work functions, bar mitzvahs, bat mitzvahs, wedding/baby showers and other events.
- Private Party Contact: Tyler Pitman 8608625308x
A word from Bar Americain at Mohegan Sun
Bar Americain at Mohegan Sun is an American Brasserie featuring regional American food created by Chef Bobby Flay. Located in the Casino of the Sky, Bar Americain celebrates America’s diverse culinary heritage, inspired by Bobby’s extensive travels throughout the country. His decidedly American menu is mirrored by the energetic fast pace of the time-honored European brasserie.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bar Americain at Mohegan Sun reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)fit for foodies (72)romantic (58)notable wine list (41)good for groups (40)hot spot (29)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (11)scenic view (4)neighborhood gem (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Best pork chops we ever had!Auntieginny49Dined on 11/22/20143 of us had the pork chop and 1 had a ribeye. All excellent. Thought Flemings had the best but this was it. We ordered the creamed kale and smashed potatoes for sides and the were equally delicious. Service was very good and the corn bread sticks made in a cast iron pan were awesome. Will definitely take the 1 hour ride just to eat there. Only downside, the bottles of wine were pricey but that wouldn't stop us from returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Treat for the TastebudsJeffKDined on 11/16/2014Not as pricey as I expected. Limited but outstanding menu. The gulf shrimp, grits and bacon appetizer was to die for. Mahi-Mahi was superb. The service was impeccable. Being a restaurantuer myself, I appreciate that. Cannot recommend it highly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak failureWdpivDined on 11/15/2014Restaurant was packed at 530 on a Saturday. Quickly sat with reservation, waitress was good and attentive. Steaks were delivered way too rare. Still blue on one of the filets even though all were ordered medium. Sent two of four back. When they returned they were not out steaks. Completely different shape. No clue and the waitress swore they were ours.
- Highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2014terrific food, ambience, and service. The pumpkin soup was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TERRIBLE SERVICEBrittDined on 11/8/2014I was very excited too go,be it bobby flays restaurant, but my group and I were beyond annoyed, when we waited an Hour and a half for our food! We ordered two bottles of wine & the waitress put them in a ice bucket on the other side of the restaurant, the service was terrible! Very very expensive & i don't recommend anyone going!
- Fantastic food!MasonCoupleDined on 11/8/2014While the noise level in here was almost intolerable, the food was exquisite! A wonderful selection and beautifully prepared! We celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary and truly made the right choice for dining.Special Features:
- Skip this place!!CTFoodie4UVIPDined on 11/7/2014This restaurant was one of the last places we haven't dined at yet in Mohegan sun casino. The decor is ok but is simple. That also explains everything about this place, simple!! Small simple menue with entrees like Fried Chicken and steak! Our initial bread basket had hard stale bread in it. I think we will not be returning!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014Was disappointed with the food selection. Thought the prices were too high. New York prices in Connecticut.Special Features:
- OutstandingJoeUDined on 11/2/2014This has to be at least the twelve time we have eaten at the restaurant. We are always pleased with the food, and the service. The waitress we had was very good and her selection of wine for me was out of sight. I do love the corn bread and could make that a meal itself. We will be eating there again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKCTDinerDined on 10/25/2014I was underwhelmed at my overall experience at Bar Americain. I will have to say that the The service was impeccable. The staff was friendly and very helpful. There were three types of bread in the basket, which was a nice variety. The meal started with bread. One was tough to the point of being almost inedible, and the other was dry. The cornbread was tasty though. Dinner was uninspired. The fried chicken came with the tiniest biscuit I have ever seen. The shrimp and grits were adequate, they bacon chunks added a nice texture, but there was a little too much grease. Dessert was boring and could have been served a little warmer. All in all, I am glad we had food vouchers. I will not be spending money there in the future.Special Features:
- JgilJlynnDined on 10/25/2014Absolutely delicious from the raw bar starter right through dessert! I ordered the mahi mahi and my boyfriend the duck. Both were unbelievable. We did have to wait a bit, but it was well worth the wait. When I called to make reservations I told the hostess that we were celebrating my boyfriend's birthday. Without even asking, the waitress surprised us with a birthday dessert! Couldn't have asked for better service! We will most definitely be going back in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendLove2getawayDined on 10/18/2014Interesting and exciting menu. Great atmosphere. Wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovegoodfoodDined on 10/18/2014Very nice table. Server was very friendly and well versed in the components of each dish. Presentations were good. My steak although prepared perfectly was only luke warm. Must have sat a few minutes while the rest of the table's orders were organized. Without the front waitress present the food was presented with the question that drives me nuts..... Salad? Soup? etc... Otherwise all very good. The frozen yogurt is a no go item. An apple tart with Vanilla Ice Cream would gladly take its place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014the food and atmosphere are always great/it is the best restaurant at moheganSpecial Features:
- Terrific dining.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Food, service, and COURTESY AND COMPETENCE were superb.Special Features:
- anniversay weekendroesallyDined on 10/17/2014Started our anniversary weekend with a wonderful dinner. Husband was disappointed when he didn't see salmon on the menu, but just had to ask our waitress and she was so accommodating. He had an amazing salmon dinner, made his night. Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryStonemanDined on 10/15/2014We went to the restaurant for our 25th anniversary from the moment we arrived everyone was very attentive service was great food was excellent They even brought us complimentary champagne I would definitely recommend this restaurant to all our friendsSpecial Features:
- Blackie21Blackie21Dined on 10/12/2014It was my husband and my anniversary. We wanted a special evening and were not disappointed. We were greeted with two complimentary glasses of champagne by a very charming waitress. They gave us a large table with a booth that made a large restaurant feel more intimate. The food was amazing. My lobster avocado cocktail was to die for-and HUGE!. My husband had the mahi-mahi which was excellent. Corn sticks and parker house rolls were delicious and plentiful. I had a gingerbread soufflé that was the icing on the cake. Throughout the meal the waitress was friendly, helpful, and not intrusive. Jazz music in the background was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentchappychazzDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I read the reviews of this before deciding on where to dine for our Anniversary. The Service was excellent and the food was extraordinary. We had the Vidalia onion soup for starters which was fantastic. For entrees I had the pork chop and my wife had the crepes. Both meals were superb. Great job by the entire staff.
- Food beyond fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Filet, blue cheese chips, kale, lamb swordfish. All outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful restauranttrocDined on 10/10/2014Great times. Great memories made. Delicious food. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealattyrubinDined on 10/5/2014The best meal I've had in a while. Although casino restaurants tend to be overpriced ... Bar Americain wasn't. The ambiance, service and food were top quality. Will happily return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything cooked to perfectionLiliDined on 10/4/2014Just wish there was more for your $$$ at least a small side. Also looked for pumpkin martini or pumpkin beer since it's fall, there was none. Server was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oh wellSagstoryVIPDined on 9/29/2014Casino based restaurants have never really delivered for us. Have tried most of Mohegan's high end venues and never really had a 4 star experience. Granted I shouldn't expect that but we did pay for it. Menu seemed limited and couldn't really find much to like. Could use a simple salad, baked potato etc. A steak is a steak but over rubbed with pepper makes it difficult to enjoy. If a restaurant is doing that it should specify the meat as prepared is NOT untouched.
- MaayaVIPDined on 9/27/2014We had a very disappointing experience at the Bar Americain. We were sitting in the back of the restaurant with a large group which was extremely loud. I had a hard time hearing my husband. Our food was served cold , my husbands steak had so much fat on it you could hardly eat it. I would not recommend this restaurant !
- Too loud, food not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This place was filled with loud, drunk people. I requested a quieter table on open table since we went for our anniversary and we sat almost on top of the people next to us! They brought out our entree while we were still eating our very expensive raw bar appetizer and I saw him bring it back to the kitchen...we didn't get it back for probably 30 minutes and it tasted like it. The two of us spent about $230 and it wasn't worth the taste in my opinion.Special Features:
- Never againLoveallfood2Dined on 9/26/2014Service was very disappointing, slow and server forgot my cocktail only came over once to ask how things were. Didn't bring a knife for my entree and no steak knife for the $50.00 ribeye. When we arrived we were the only table in our area so it wasn't that it was so busy. Would not return. Had 1 app 2 entrees 1 soda 1 cocktail for $150.00 and terrible service food was nothing special not worth the cost.
- Great ExpectationsFoodieVIPDined on 9/21/2014My Husband and I dined here despite having read the complaints about the food being too salty. We figured Bobby Flay, you can't go wrong. I ordered the Shrimp and Grits and I was very disappointed. The shrimp were "Baby" shrimp and thats being generous. The overall dish was too salty for my taste. Although the dish was only $23, I would have gladly paid more if the shrimp were bigger and the food less salty. Although my Husbands pork chop was delicious. Juicy and nicely charred. So overall, its a split decision.Special Features:
- Fine DinnerBuddyDined on 9/21/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Bobby Flay's Bar American. Food and service were excellent. Look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!BeccaDined on 9/20/2014I took my boyfriend to Bar American for his birthday. We had a great experience! I made a reservation and we had no problem getting in. The service was impeccable and our waitress, Simone, made it very delightful for us! The food and wine list was delicious. I definitely plan on returning to this restaurant very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious foodchelseagrinderDined on 9/17/2014always tasty and enjoyable nice atmosphere for couples staff are very attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelicousCharlieDined on 9/13/2014Bobby Flay - Need I say more. Service was impeccable! Food was outstanding!Special Features:
- UninspiredOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Despite having reservations and being well dressed for an occasion, the hostess tried to give us a crappy table in the middle of an aisle or behind the service desk. Said it was busy, but there were a number of empty tables that sat 4 persons and were available. Had to speak to the manager to get a better table when the place was not full is really not a good way to start a dining experience. As to the food, it was uninspired to say the least. Both appetizer and main course were over salted as well as unevenly salted. Vegetables were side dishes at extra cost. For a $30-$40 main course you could not add some vegetables? Dessert was ok. Overall-not worth the trouble or expense.Special Features:
- Impeccable serviceLoveBobbyFlayDined on 9/2/2014My guest had special dietary needs that were met exceedingly well. She received everything she asked for and Bar Americain did not hesitate in the least with even the smallest request! And the filet mignon was cooked to perfection! I had the steamed lobster....OMG... What Bobby Flay can do to that is amazing! I am a fan of the Mesa Grill too, and they are both stellar restaurants. Can't wait to return for another fabulous meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another winnermmmmgoodDined on 8/31/2014enjoyed dinner very much....beautiful restaurant and good food and good service... will return when back at Mohegan sun.
- Always love it here!TimAshDined on 8/30/2014My fiancé and I love dining at Bar Americain! Whenever we are in the Mystic area, we make sure to go. I love the special fried chicken, and she orders seafood, and every time has been delicious!Special Features:
- redrose5200VIPDined on 8/29/2014Excellent as always, just wish they would bring back the Caramel Profiteroles, the Pistachio are good but the Caramel ones are outstanding.Special Features:
- Bar AmericainDeeJDined on 8/29/2014Loved the do it yourself shellfish entree. Lobster/oyster shooters were wonderful as were the oysters, clams on half shell. The chilled half lobster was great!. The shrimp in the shrimp cocktail was disappointing - I get better at my local market and was no way near the caliber of the rest of the seafood. Highly recommend the asparagus green salad and of course the fire. My husband's steak was perfection; my lamb loin with quinoa was excellent. Our waiter Jeff worked with me to modify a specialty drink to include some ginger. Attentive, but not overbearing service.Special Features:
- jemjamDined on 8/29/2014Great food! Extremely creative menu. Service is top notch. Would recommend to anyone looking for a superior dining experience,Special Features:
- Very overpriced and overrated foodBUCKEYEYANKEEDined on 8/23/2014The food was extremely poor. My friend came from Georgia and both if us ordered Shrimp and Grits dish. Both of us were unimpressed by the scant amount of food and over-seasoned shrimp dish. There were three small shrimp, two many bacon bits and the grits were terrible. I had ordered the mushrooms and onions as well and the dish was horrible. I won't recommend anyone go to this restaurant.