Bar Americain at Mohegan Sun
1 Mohegan Sun Boulevard
Uncasville, CT 06382Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bar Americain at Mohegan Sun
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.baramericain.com/
- Phone: 8608628000x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Bar Hours:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 11:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Bobby Flay
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bar Americain has a semi-private dining room that is suitable for private parties, dinners, banquets, rehearsal dinners, work functions, bar mitzvahs, bat mitzvahs, wedding/baby showers and other events.
- Private Party Contact: Tyler Pitman 8608625308x
A word from Bar Americain at Mohegan Sun
Bar Americain at Mohegan Sun is an American Brasserie featuring regional American food created by Chef Bobby Flay. Located in the Casino of the Sky, Bar Americain celebrates America’s diverse culinary heritage, inspired by Bobby’s extensive travels throughout the country. His decidedly American menu is mirrored by the energetic fast pace of the time-honored European brasserie.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bar Americain at Mohegan Sun reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (108)fit for foodies (80)romantic (71)notable wine list (42)good for groups (37)hot spot (21)late-night find (14)vibrant bar scene (13)neighborhood gem (5)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- oh wellSagstoryVIPDined on 9/29/2014Casino based restaurants have never really delivered for us. Have tried most of Mohegan's high end venues and never really had a 4 star experience. Granted I shouldn't expect that but we did pay for it. Menu seemed limited and couldn't really find much to like. Could use a simple salad, baked potato etc. A steak is a steak but over rubbed with pepper makes it difficult to enjoy. If a restaurant is doing that it should specify the meat as prepared is NOT untouched.
- MaayaVIPDined on 9/27/2014We had a very disappointing experience at the Bar Americain. We were sitting in the back of the restaurant with a large group which was extremely loud. I had a hard time hearing my husband. Our food was served cold , my husbands steak had so much fat on it you could hardly eat it. I would not recommend this restaurant !
- Too loud, food not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This place was filled with loud, drunk people. I requested a quieter table on open table since we went for our anniversary and we sat almost on top of the people next to us! They brought out our entree while we were still eating our very expensive raw bar appetizer and I saw him bring it back to the kitchen...we didn't get it back for probably 30 minutes and it tasted like it. The two of us spent about $230 and it wasn't worth the taste in my opinion.Special Features:
- Never againLoveallfood2Dined on 9/26/2014Service was very disappointing, slow and server forgot my cocktail only came over once to ask how things were. Didn't bring a knife for my entree and no steak knife for the $50.00 ribeye. When we arrived we were the only table in our area so it wasn't that it was so busy. Would not return. Had 1 app 2 entrees 1 soda 1 cocktail for $150.00 and terrible service food was nothing special not worth the cost.
- Great ExpectationsFoodieVIPDined on 9/21/2014My Husband and I dined here despite having read the complaints about the food being too salty. We figured Bobby Flay, you can't go wrong. I ordered the Shrimp and Grits and I was very disappointed. The shrimp were "Baby" shrimp and thats being generous. The overall dish was too salty for my taste. Although the dish was only $23, I would have gladly paid more if the shrimp were bigger and the food less salty. Although my Husbands pork chop was delicious. Juicy and nicely charred. So overall, its a split decision.Special Features:
- Fine DinnerBuddyDined on 9/21/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Bobby Flay's Bar American. Food and service were excellent. Look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!BeccaDined on 9/20/2014I took my boyfriend to Bar American for his birthday. We had a great experience! I made a reservation and we had no problem getting in. The service was impeccable and our waitress, Simone, made it very delightful for us! The food and wine list was delicious. I definitely plan on returning to this restaurant very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious foodchelseagrinderDined on 9/17/2014always tasty and enjoyable nice atmosphere for couples staff are very attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelicousCharlieDined on 9/13/2014Bobby Flay - Need I say more. Service was impeccable! Food was outstanding!Special Features:
- UninspiredOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Despite having reservations and being well dressed for an occasion, the hostess tried to give us a crappy table in the middle of an aisle or behind the service desk. Said it was busy, but there were a number of empty tables that sat 4 persons and were available. Had to speak to the manager to get a better table when the place was not full is really not a good way to start a dining experience. As to the food, it was uninspired to say the least. Both appetizer and main course were over salted as well as unevenly salted. Vegetables were side dishes at extra cost. For a $30-$40 main course you could not add some vegetables? Dessert was ok. Overall-not worth the trouble or expense.Special Features:
- Impeccable serviceLoveBobbyFlayDined on 9/2/2014My guest had special dietary needs that were met exceedingly well. She received everything she asked for and Bar Americain did not hesitate in the least with even the smallest request! And the filet mignon was cooked to perfection! I had the steamed lobster....OMG... What Bobby Flay can do to that is amazing! I am a fan of the Mesa Grill too, and they are both stellar restaurants. Can't wait to return for another fabulous meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another winnermmmmgoodDined on 8/31/2014enjoyed dinner very much....beautiful restaurant and good food and good service... will return when back at Mohegan sun.
- Always love it here!TimAshDined on 8/30/2014My fiancé and I love dining at Bar Americain! Whenever we are in the Mystic area, we make sure to go. I love the special fried chicken, and she orders seafood, and every time has been delicious!Special Features:
- redrose5200VIPDined on 8/29/2014Excellent as always, just wish they would bring back the Caramel Profiteroles, the Pistachio are good but the Caramel ones are outstanding.Special Features:
- Bar AmericainDeeJDined on 8/29/2014Loved the do it yourself shellfish entree. Lobster/oyster shooters were wonderful as were the oysters, clams on half shell. The chilled half lobster was great!. The shrimp in the shrimp cocktail was disappointing - I get better at my local market and was no way near the caliber of the rest of the seafood. Highly recommend the asparagus green salad and of course the fire. My husband's steak was perfection; my lamb loin with quinoa was excellent. Our waiter Jeff worked with me to modify a specialty drink to include some ginger. Attentive, but not overbearing service.Special Features:
- jemjamDined on 8/29/2014Great food! Extremely creative menu. Service is top notch. Would recommend to anyone looking for a superior dining experience,Special Features:
- Very overpriced and overrated foodBUCKEYEYANKEEDined on 8/23/2014The food was extremely poor. My friend came from Georgia and both if us ordered Shrimp and Grits dish. Both of us were unimpressed by the scant amount of food and over-seasoned shrimp dish. There were three small shrimp, two many bacon bits and the grits were terrible. I had ordered the mushrooms and onions as well and the dish was horrible. I won't recommend anyone go to this restaurant.
- Fabulous dinner!RoxyDined on 8/22/2014We had no no problem getting a reservation. The wine list was very good. Service excellent and the food was great. I would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just perfect!2GirlsmomDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I travelled to Mohegan Sun for a getaway for our tenth anniversary and a highlight was dining at Bar Americain! Romantic and beautiful atmosphere with stellar service. The food was everything we hoped it would be... Presented so perfectly and bursting with flavor! Every bit of each dish was scratch made and well thought out. The experience was well worth the price tag for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY disappointingGLOPDined on 8/16/2014Had read reviews that food was salty. Thought the filet mignon was a good bet. The rub was way too salty and not flavorful. I cut off the edges of the steak but that was the only part of my steak that was medium rare(which I ordered). The middle of the steak was raw. The smashed potatoes also too salty and a portion too small for 2. The asparagus was undercooked- too crunchy. My friend's cherry pie dessert tasted old. She opted for vanilla frozen yogurt in lieu of the bourbon vanilla ice cream, it was freezer burned. Although I must say my chocolate pie dessert was excellent. We would have sent the food back but we had to get to a show. I am a really good cook and I know the difference between flavorful and salty. A total loss of $150
- Iron Chef Food?TunemanBBSDined on 8/16/2014So let me start out with the SERVICE was just AMAZING... The girl that we had just had no comparison to any other waitress that we have had. She was Smart - Attentive - Whitey - and just made you feel comfortable. Now the Food........ So I HAD to remove stars on this food because of plating and just overall appearance. To start I had the Cioppino, I do like flavor and I personally felt that the dish fell flat. The Lobster claw itself was cold to the touch and the over all dish lacked heat (temperature) but was still ok. The waitress said that the sauce had heat in it. It really left me wanting more. The wife had a steak, This plate was just ugly! ALL Black..... nothing else on the plate that wasn't black. The sides were OK.Special Features:
- WILL NOT BE BACKTERRYVIPDined on 8/16/2014THE FIRST TIME WE ATE HERE WAS LAST SUMMER AND IT WAS WONDERFUL AND ONE OF THE REASONS WE CAME BACK. NOT EVER AGAIN. THE LOBSTER/AVOCADO APP WHICH I HAD LAST TIME WAS SO GOOD BUT NOT THIS TIME, TOO MUCH HERBS/ONION AND WERE WAS THE LOBSTER? MY HUSBANDS OYSTERS WERE VERY GOOD. THE MAHI MAHI WAS VERY RUBBERY AND A LOAD OF PEPPER. THE RIB EYE WAS TOUGH & GRIZZLY. SERVICE WAS WONDERFUL BUT STILL WAY OVER PRICED. I AM SORRY I HAD TO GIVE A POOR REVIEW BUT JUST HAD TO SHARE.
- Mixed FeelingsDisappointedDined on 8/13/2014We visited Bar Americain for my wife's birthday dinner. We decided on the fixed price menu and my wife chose the wine pairing. The 1st course, chopped Asparagus salad was excellent as was my wife's Manhattan chowder. The wine served with her chowder was very good and of reasonable quantity. Much changed with the 2nd course. My wife's salmon was a very good but without accompaniments . My fried chicken, which should be a signature of Bobby Flay's, was quite dry, both outside and inside. Not acceptable! The wine that came with my wife's 2nd course was miniscule, about half the volume of the first. When the server was question she babbled about it being in a bigger glass. Our desserts were very good. Tuscany is a better dining experience.
- Flay should do betterSiouxzqsreviewsDined on 8/13/2014Eating in casino's can and should be better. This dining experience was a shining example of that. I ordered the Shrimp & Grits. Too much bacon resulted in it being too salty and the size of the shrimp was a bit ridiculous. So small. Larger shrimp in this dish would have made it much more appealing. It was filling but it ended up an okay plate of food. Not a plate of food you should be served in a five star dining establishment.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodunhappyDined on 8/12/2014There was so much salt in my wife's meal she couldn't eat it. Mine was not as bad but it left a lingering taste in my mouth. It took much water and the rest of our evening for her to get the taste out of her mouth. Very disappointing especially as it was our wedding anniversary
- Upscale and modernRBSB1VIPDined on 8/10/2014Loved Bar Amercain. The food was delicious. First time at this restaurant. Something for everyone. Need substations ? Not a problem. We began with a trio from the raw seafood bar. A shrimp, crab and lobster dish. All delicious but the sauce on the shrimp was amazing. Filet Mignon cooked to perfection and the steak sauce was very different and fabulous. My husband was a happy man. I had the muscles in a green chille broth. I didn't want frittes so they were happy to give me spinach as a side. They were terrific. Not noisy, quite nice decor and great wine list. Service was great but slightly slow. Otherwise 5 stars and we would return.Special Features:
- JoeUDined on 8/9/2014The service and food were excellent. As usual they did everything to get us out in time for our show afterwards and there was an abundance of food. Very pleased with all of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- madison4Dined on 8/8/2014Over all a very good place. The food is always good and the wine list gives plenty of choices. If you're there on a tight budget, perhaps a glass of wine and an appetizer at the bar is the way to go.Special Features:
- DisappointedFoodieVIPDined on 8/7/2014I was very disappointed with my experience at Bar Americain at Mohegan. The service was great, but that was the only thing they did well. We ordered from their prix fix menu. We both ordered the asparagus chopped salads, and they were not good. It tasted like there were a dozen ingredients in the salad without any consideration of how the flavors mixed together. There was just too much happening in the salad. For the entree, I had the fried chicken, which was so salty that it masked any flavor of the chicken.Too bad because the chicken was moist and tender, but the salt was so overpowering. My wife had the ricotta crepes, and once again it was made with ingredients that just don't mix..inedible. The chocalate dessert was very umimpressive.Special Features:
- Bobby Flay should be ashamedNoironchefhereDined on 8/7/2014The food was just horrible. Shrimp and grits was not made to order instead they tried to microwave it in a non-microwaveable dish and it was served ice cold. The cipolino was also not made to order. They took the shellfish that had been previously steamed and put a little warm broth on it serving it ice cold. You really do not have to be an iron chef to give this restaurant a terrible review. The staff needs customer service training as well. Save your money and avoid this place it really sucked.
- Place has declinedGBNBDined on 8/7/2014Two of us had the three course fixed price menu on a Thursday night. We have dined here several times previously. The first course of chopped asparagus salad was very basic and nothing special. The other first course of clam chowder was excellent. The salmon entree was over cooked and fair. The other entree of fried chicken was good to fair. As the waiter was serving the profiterole desert, she rushed it and it toppled over. She said "oops" and made no effort to serve it properly. The second desert of chocolate creme pie had a chocolate pudding on the bottom and a large cookie on top. The pudding was too thick and the cookie on top was too hard, so that eating was difficult. Our meals there in years past have been outstanding.
- Great Dining ExperienceDonnaDined on 8/6/2014The food was great! The waiter was very attentive. He overheard me wish my husband happy birthday and brought over a birthday treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a great choice for dinnerFoodsnobDined on 8/6/2014Great good, good drinks, attentive staff...enjoyable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service a bit slowluncheswithfriendsVIPDined on 8/6/2014A party of 5 on the way to see a show at Mohegan Sun. We mentioned this to the wait staff, however, It took 2.5 hours from entry to exit, almost missed the beginning of show. Food great especially hand made hot chips with blue cheese sauce appetizer and Vidalia onion soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I though good was bland.MikeeikesitDined on 8/4/2014Food was bland and portions were very small. Overpriced; even for a casino
- great timecolby010Dined on 8/2/2014The service was fabulous from beginning to end. Food and drinks were priced right and the food was delectable. Will go to Mohegan Sun just for Bar Americana.Special Features:
- Good food as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/2/2014Had a nice meal before heading over to the comedy show. Our server Laura was her usual efficient self...dinner was well paced and the food was great. Started with a flatbread which is always so tasty and crispy. My wife went with the lamb loin and I went for with the mussels both were great and served piping hot on a very busy night. Meal was well paced and we never felt rushed. Ended with the crème brulee which was a nice way to end the evening.Special Features:
- Great spotpookyDined on 8/2/2014Food always great. Service always great. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb RestaurantDevineFineDining1Dined on 8/2/2014Excellent food as well as excellent service. Very accommodating for those with dietary restrictions. My fiancé just found out he is diabetic & can no longer eat fatty sugary foods. They were able to steam his vegetables and make his swordfish with only salt pepper & lemon. We will absolutely be dining at Bar Americiana in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdiblesarahlovesliliesDined on 8/2/2014Service was fabulous....food was just Ok. Pork chops were dry, sauce on the duck confit burnt. I'll head to the burger palace if yearning for some Bobby Flay food next time.Special Features: