Bar Americain at Mohegan Sun
1 Mohegan Sun Boulevard
Uncasville, CT 06382Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bar Americain at Mohegan Sun
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.baramericain.com/
- Phone: 8608628000x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Bar Hours:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 11:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Bobby Flay
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bar Americain has a semi-private dining room that is suitable for private parties, dinners, banquets, rehearsal dinners, work functions, bar mitzvahs, bat mitzvahs, wedding/baby showers and other events.
- Private Party Contact: Tyler Pitman 8608625308x
A word from Bar Americain at Mohegan Sun
Bar Americain at Mohegan Sun is an American Brasserie featuring regional American food created by Chef Bobby Flay. Located in the Casino of the Sky, Bar Americain celebrates America’s diverse culinary heritage, inspired by Bobby’s extensive travels throughout the country. His decidedly American menu is mirrored by the energetic fast pace of the time-honored European brasserie.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bar Americain at Mohegan Sun - Best Restaurants in Uncasville ›
Bar Americain at Mohegan Sun reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (121)fit for foodies (86)romantic (77)notable wine list (43)good for groups (41)hot spot (29)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (13)neighborhood gem (6)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- redrose5200VIPDined on 8/29/2014Excellent as always, just wish they would bring back the Caramel Profiteroles, the Pistachio are good but the Caramel ones are outstanding.Special Features:
- Very overpriced and overrated foodBUCKEYEYANKEEDined on 8/23/2014The food was extremely poor. My friend came from Georgia and both if us ordered Shrimp and Grits dish. Both of us were unimpressed by the scant amount of food and over-seasoned shrimp dish. There were three small shrimp, two many bacon bits and the grits were terrible. I had ordered the mushrooms and onions as well and the dish was horrible. I won't recommend anyone go to this restaurant.
- Fabulous dinner!RoxyDined on 8/22/2014We had no no problem getting a reservation. The wine list was very good. Service excellent and the food was great. I would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just perfect!2GirlsmomDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I travelled to Mohegan Sun for a getaway for our tenth anniversary and a highlight was dining at Bar Americain! Romantic and beautiful atmosphere with stellar service. The food was everything we hoped it would be... Presented so perfectly and bursting with flavor! Every bit of each dish was scratch made and well thought out. The experience was well worth the price tag for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY disappointingGLOPDined on 8/16/2014Had read reviews that food was salty. Thought the filet mignon was a good bet. The rub was way too salty and not flavorful. I cut off the edges of the steak but that was the only part of my steak that was medium rare(which I ordered). The middle of the steak was raw. The smashed potatoes also too salty and a portion too small for 2. The asparagus was undercooked- too crunchy. My friend's cherry pie dessert tasted old. She opted for vanilla frozen yogurt in lieu of the bourbon vanilla ice cream, it was freezer burned. Although I must say my chocolate pie dessert was excellent. We would have sent the food back but we had to get to a show. I am a really good cook and I know the difference between flavorful and salty. A total loss of $150
- Iron Chef Food?TunemanBBSDined on 8/16/2014So let me start out with the SERVICE was just AMAZING... The girl that we had just had no comparison to any other waitress that we have had. She was Smart - Attentive - Whitey - and just made you feel comfortable. Now the Food........ So I HAD to remove stars on this food because of plating and just overall appearance. To start I had the Cioppino, I do like flavor and I personally felt that the dish fell flat. The Lobster claw itself was cold to the touch and the over all dish lacked heat (temperature) but was still ok. The waitress said that the sauce had heat in it. It really left me wanting more. The wife had a steak, This plate was just ugly! ALL Black..... nothing else on the plate that wasn't black. The sides were OK.Special Features:
- WILL NOT BE BACKTERRYVIPDined on 8/16/2014THE FIRST TIME WE ATE HERE WAS LAST SUMMER AND IT WAS WONDERFUL AND ONE OF THE REASONS WE CAME BACK. NOT EVER AGAIN. THE LOBSTER/AVOCADO APP WHICH I HAD LAST TIME WAS SO GOOD BUT NOT THIS TIME, TOO MUCH HERBS/ONION AND WERE WAS THE LOBSTER? MY HUSBANDS OYSTERS WERE VERY GOOD. THE MAHI MAHI WAS VERY RUBBERY AND A LOAD OF PEPPER. THE RIB EYE WAS TOUGH & GRIZZLY. SERVICE WAS WONDERFUL BUT STILL WAY OVER PRICED. I AM SORRY I HAD TO GIVE A POOR REVIEW BUT JUST HAD TO SHARE.
- Mixed FeelingsDisappointedDined on 8/13/2014We visited Bar Americain for my wife's birthday dinner. We decided on the fixed price menu and my wife chose the wine pairing. The 1st course, chopped Asparagus salad was excellent as was my wife's Manhattan chowder. The wine served with her chowder was very good and of reasonable quantity. Much changed with the 2nd course. My wife's salmon was a very good but without accompaniments . My fried chicken, which should be a signature of Bobby Flay's, was quite dry, both outside and inside. Not acceptable! The wine that came with my wife's 2nd course was miniscule, about half the volume of the first. When the server was question she babbled about it being in a bigger glass. Our desserts were very good. Tuscany is a better dining experience.
- Flay should do betterSiouxzqsreviewsDined on 8/13/2014Eating in casino's can and should be better. This dining experience was a shining example of that. I ordered the Shrimp & Grits. Too much bacon resulted in it being too salty and the size of the shrimp was a bit ridiculous. So small. Larger shrimp in this dish would have made it much more appealing. It was filling but it ended up an okay plate of food. Not a plate of food you should be served in a five star dining establishment.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodunhappyDined on 8/12/2014There was so much salt in my wife's meal she couldn't eat it. Mine was not as bad but it left a lingering taste in my mouth. It took much water and the rest of our evening for her to get the taste out of her mouth. Very disappointing especially as it was our wedding anniversary
- Upscale and modernRBSB1VIPDined on 8/10/2014Loved Bar Amercain. The food was delicious. First time at this restaurant. Something for everyone. Need substations ? Not a problem. We began with a trio from the raw seafood bar. A shrimp, crab and lobster dish. All delicious but the sauce on the shrimp was amazing. Filet Mignon cooked to perfection and the steak sauce was very different and fabulous. My husband was a happy man. I had the muscles in a green chille broth. I didn't want frittes so they were happy to give me spinach as a side. They were terrific. Not noisy, quite nice decor and great wine list. Service was great but slightly slow. Otherwise 5 stars and we would return.Special Features:
- JoeUDined on 8/9/2014The service and food were excellent. As usual they did everything to get us out in time for our show afterwards and there was an abundance of food. Very pleased with all of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- madison4Dined on 8/8/2014Over all a very good place. The food is always good and the wine list gives plenty of choices. If you're there on a tight budget, perhaps a glass of wine and an appetizer at the bar is the way to go.Special Features:
- DisappointedFoodieVIPDined on 8/7/2014I was very disappointed with my experience at Bar Americain at Mohegan. The service was great, but that was the only thing they did well. We ordered from their prix fix menu. We both ordered the asparagus chopped salads, and they were not good. It tasted like there were a dozen ingredients in the salad without any consideration of how the flavors mixed together. There was just too much happening in the salad. For the entree, I had the fried chicken, which was so salty that it masked any flavor of the chicken.Too bad because the chicken was moist and tender, but the salt was so overpowering. My wife had the ricotta crepes, and once again it was made with ingredients that just don't mix..inedible. The chocalate dessert was very umimpressive.Special Features:
- Bobby Flay should be ashamedNoironchefhereDined on 8/7/2014The food was just horrible. Shrimp and grits was not made to order instead they tried to microwave it in a non-microwaveable dish and it was served ice cold. The cipolino was also not made to order. They took the shellfish that had been previously steamed and put a little warm broth on it serving it ice cold. You really do not have to be an iron chef to give this restaurant a terrible review. The staff needs customer service training as well. Save your money and avoid this place it really sucked.
- Place has declinedGBNBDined on 8/7/2014Two of us had the three course fixed price menu on a Thursday night. We have dined here several times previously. The first course of chopped asparagus salad was very basic and nothing special. The other first course of clam chowder was excellent. The salmon entree was over cooked and fair. The other entree of fried chicken was good to fair. As the waiter was serving the profiterole desert, she rushed it and it toppled over. She said "oops" and made no effort to serve it properly. The second desert of chocolate creme pie had a chocolate pudding on the bottom and a large cookie on top. The pudding was too thick and the cookie on top was too hard, so that eating was difficult. Our meals there in years past have been outstanding.
- Great Dining ExperienceDonnaDined on 8/6/2014The food was great! The waiter was very attentive. He overheard me wish my husband happy birthday and brought over a birthday treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a great choice for dinnerFoodsnobDined on 8/6/2014Great good, good drinks, attentive staff...enjoyable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service a bit slowluncheswithfriendsVIPDined on 8/6/2014A party of 5 on the way to see a show at Mohegan Sun. We mentioned this to the wait staff, however, It took 2.5 hours from entry to exit, almost missed the beginning of show. Food great especially hand made hot chips with blue cheese sauce appetizer and Vidalia onion soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I though good was bland.MikeeikesitDined on 8/4/2014Food was bland and portions were very small. Overpriced; even for a casino
- great timecolby010Dined on 8/2/2014The service was fabulous from beginning to end. Food and drinks were priced right and the food was delectable. Will go to Mohegan Sun just for Bar Americana.Special Features:
- Good food as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/2/2014Had a nice meal before heading over to the comedy show. Our server Laura was her usual efficient self...dinner was well paced and the food was great. Started with a flatbread which is always so tasty and crispy. My wife went with the lamb loin and I went for with the mussels both were great and served piping hot on a very busy night. Meal was well paced and we never felt rushed. Ended with the crème brulee which was a nice way to end the evening.Special Features:
- Great spotpookyDined on 8/2/2014Food always great. Service always great. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb RestaurantDevineFineDining1Dined on 8/2/2014Excellent food as well as excellent service. Very accommodating for those with dietary restrictions. My fiancé just found out he is diabetic & can no longer eat fatty sugary foods. They were able to steam his vegetables and make his swordfish with only salt pepper & lemon. We will absolutely be dining at Bar Americiana in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdiblesarahlovesliliesDined on 8/2/2014Service was fabulous....food was just Ok. Pork chops were dry, sauce on the duck confit burnt. I'll head to the burger palace if yearning for some Bobby Flay food next time.Special Features:
- Great Food - BUTfoodluverDined on 8/1/2014I had the rib eye steak. I have eaten in Bobby's restaurants in the Bahamas as well as NYC and this was the best steak I have ever had. The fries and salad were also excellent. However, the service was slow. We were going to a concert after the meal which started at 7:30 and did not finish dinner until 7:55. Also, I ordered a cosmopolitan and it was not very good. I think they forgot to put the Grey Goose Vodka in the drink and it was way too sweet. Overall, the food was excellent but that is the only thing I would recommend.Special Features:
- Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014We decided on Bar Americain to celebrate our son's birthday. The dinner was absolutely delicious. All personnel were super attentive to the point when we left the manager on duty thanked us for our visit. We are ready to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PIPERVIPDined on 7/28/2014Even though it was a slow, Monday night both the service and dinner was OUTSTANDING????!! Can't wait to go back. Thank you so very much.Special Features:
- Mini Honeymoon SuccessChrisNBekahDined on 7/28/2014My wife and I ate here for Dinner the Monday following our Saturday wedding. We went to Mohegan for a mini moon and decided to have a romantic dinner. Once we were seated I was looking at the wine list when our server Jana stopped to the table and I asked her for her suggestion on a champagne - the restaurant comped us our first glass & she suggested a wonderful choice. The meal was a price fixe menu. We were stuffed and had to take our dessert to go (which also hit the spot). Great food, great service, great atmosphere!Special Features:
- Great Steak & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/27/2014We enjoyed everything, from the raw bar to the entree. Our server Shannon was kind enough to ask if our visit was for a special occasion, which it was my wife's birthday. She then brought out a small dessert with a candle which made her night. The steaks were hands down one of the best I had every eaten. We will be going back very soon.Special Features:
- DisappointedMissCraftSteakDined on 7/27/2014We were really looking forward to going to Bar Americain but we were very disappointed. We had steak tartar and the garlic toast it came with was burnt. The corn bread brought to the table was burnt. One of us has the cioppino and the snapper was not in it. While they did so the right thing and took it off the bill, it was quite a surprise to hear the kitchen didn't have any snapper and neglected to tell the wait staff. Prices as crazy. $25 for 2 pieces of just ok fried chicken. $9 for a very small order of fries. You get more fries for $3 at BBP they are much better fries. Won't be going back!
- Great all aroundCTdinerDined on 7/26/2014Perfect meal and all around great experience. Oysters to start were delicious! Great meal Bobby Flay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Filet MignondonnadubesDined on 7/26/2014Had Filet Mignon and it was cooked to perfection with an outstanding side sauce. In fact bought a bottle of the sauce. A little spicy but added a lot to the meat which filet mignon on average can sometimes be tasteless. The sauce along with the rub made it delicious. Desert not great - not a real german chocolate cake. The service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all aroundDianeVIPDined on 7/26/2014Our dining experience at Bar Americain was fabulous. The service was impecable and the food was outstanding. Great wine by the glass list. Would return for sure.Special Features:
- Service & foodMaryDined on 7/25/2014Our waitress was just wonderful. The food and drinks were fantastic and she was very helpful and accomadating. Overall an A+Special Features:
- EXCEPTIONAL !!!DreeemrDined on 7/24/2014When I checked out their menu on the website, I decided I wanted the Tuna Tartare and the Chippino! Then Bobby had two cooking videos on the site and I checked them out...guess, what? He was making the same 2 things I was going to order. After watching the videos I was convinced even more that's what I wanted to try. The Tuna Tartare was perfection..deliciously tender tuna, just the right amount of spice. The Chippino was exceptional...esp the broth ...to die for! The only problem I had with it was...the crab claw, since it was covered in tomatoey sauce was difficult to crack open and not get super messy. The waitress solved my problem,took the claw back to the kitchen and it arrived back at my table shell-less.. just the crab meat :DSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2014lOVE this restaurant, food and service are great. We will be back.Special Features:
- Go for the MeatNoisemaker1Dined on 7/19/2014Had a birthday dinner here and the steak and pork chops were out of this world, but the shrimp and grits was a very big disappointment. I would suggest you go to the bar have some potato chips and blue cheese sauce and tuna tartar with your drink and that would be perfect. Desserts were very good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!!jackarooDined on 7/19/2014Smallish menu, but what is there, is sublime. I had the plantain encrusted Mahi Mahi service with spinach and a black bean puree......everything about it was perfect. My daughter had the clams and my son had the ricotta pancakes....all truly excellent. The best meal I've had outside of NYC. Decor and ambience is appropriate. Pity this is place is not closer to home, but really worth it for the drive to Mohegan alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steveTDined on 7/18/2014the steak I had was very "melt in your mouth" tasting. The service was spot on.Special Features: