355 11th Street
San Francisco, CA 94103Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.baragricole.com/
- Phone: 4153559400x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar opens at 5pm.
Dinner Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 6:00pm - 10pm,
Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 11pm.
Saturday & Sunday brunch 11am - 2pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Melissa Reitz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room available - seats up to 40 guests.
Patio available - seats up to 35 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Ben Krupp 4153559400x
- Special Events: Please email email@example.com to arrange a dinner, brunch, cocktail party or special event in our private dining room or garden patio.
A word from Bar Agricole
Bar Agricole is a contemporary tavern situated on an industrial block of San Francisco’s SOMA district. The tavern features traditional mixed drinks from spirits that celebrate the rich tradition of farmhouse distilling, natural wines, and Northern California Cuisine made with ingredients sourced from local organic and biodynamic farms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bar Agricole reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (97)great for outdoor dining (86)vibrant bar scene (51)hot spot (51)special occasion (48)romantic (43)good for groups (41)neighborhood gem (41)notable wine list (27)great for brunch (23)late-night find (14)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (1)Show More
- Service was inattantitiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014They put us in a high backed booth at the end of the restaurant facing the parking lot and we felt like we were isolated, no one came by to see what we would like to drink, I had to get up and ask the bartender for a server. The service was poor, they did throw us a desert and a free entre (which was very salty) as an apology. I would not go back there.
- DisappointingEatSFVIPDined on 9/23/2014I had heard great things about the restaurant. Food was cold and not great. Service very slow---probably reason for the cold food. Waiter also came by to confirm order. Got it wrong.Special Features:
- Fresh and invitingnocheeseDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I came here on a Saturday night for a cocktail and good meal. The atmosphere was modern and illuminating! You should see the multi-glass tube fixtures that cascade from the ceiling. The waitstaff was attentive and didn't mind us ordering a drink off the menu despite all the choices (we were going by a recommendation). We had the tomato toast as an appetizer and it was so good we ordered another with our meal. Their menu items change regularly and the ingredients were fresh and unusual. My husband had the roasted pork loin, so tender and a sauce that was not overwhelming. I had the Farinata (chickpea crepe) with fennel and arugula. We both shared so these to dishes were a great compliment to each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okay brunchlauraVIPDined on 9/14/2014Very pretty restaurant. The entrees were just okay and were somewhat small portions - baked eggs, scrambled eggs and fried eggs. The scone and biscuit were excellent as were the coffees and grapefruit juice.
- AmazingBuklaobaoDined on 9/13/2014I would recommend this for almost anyone. My wife are and I are food snobs and we had absolutely zero to complain about. Will be coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprising!SHOULEDined on 9/12/2014A little expensive but worth the whole experience! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- green space with great foodJJfoodnutVIPDined on 9/12/2014the restaurant is in a Leeds certified building and very green friendly. But the food is very good and inventive. Flat bread, raw salmon, even the chicken was fantastic. It's a keeper.Special Features:
- Bar Agricole is better than everDaveCDined on 9/11/2014I took my dad to Bar Agricole, as he's not in town very often and its one of my top places to introduce people to. My dad likes quieter restaurants, which Agricole is not, but they did give us a booth near the back which helped. Also at the last minute they allowed us to add one to the reservation, very welcoming. Both the food and bar service were excellent. My dad's favorite restaurant of his trip so far. And mine too!Special Features:
- Exceptional Food, Exceptional NoisePrinceOrloffVIPDined on 9/10/2014The food is truly exceptional, even for a jaded old gourmand like me, and you have the option of ordering a full portion or a scaled-back portion of most of the main dishes. The waitstaff is very friendly and for the most part efficient, but there can be long gaps between courses. Too bad the noise level is deafening. Though we were ensconced in a booth with very high backs, we still had to shout at each other to have a conversation. There's a tented outdoor area that looks like it would be a better place to sit if you want to engage in conversation during your dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch this year!NinjaFoodieVIPDined on 9/7/2014We were seated in the outdoor area which is charming. I love that dogs are allowed. The environment was very casual, as some diners were still in their running clothes from the AT&T event. I was so happy to see Drake's oysters! I would have loved some fresh horseradish and cocktail sauce in addition to the mignonette. I LOVED the scrambled eggs with goat cheese and smoked eggplant. The pesto cucumbers were genius. YUM YUM YUM. I also ordered a side of bacon, and washed it all down with a cup of black Verve coffee. I saw another diner order a mouthwatering Huckleberry scone. Missed opportunity...this time. I WILL BE BACK! Service needs a little tweaking because the servers seemed either confused or nervous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabtastic SpoteatoutalotVIPDined on 9/6/2014One of the BEST places to dine in the city. It took me a while to make it here because of dining options in SF but will definitely go back sooner then expected. Everything across the board was brilliant, well executed and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All fish dishes were outstandingSFLocalVIPDined on 9/5/2014We did all fish - salmon, halibut, salmon on plank, roast squid - and everything was perfect. Also liked the ambience and the skylight light features (they will show you a book of the skylight artist's work if you ask).
- Unfortunate twistdaronakiraDined on 9/2/2014Already a huge fan of Trou Normand, I was excited to finally try Bar Agricole. The design, decor, and cocktail program did not disappoint, and service was spot on. Food seemed slightly pricey given the preparation, portion, presentation, etc. but everything tasted very good. The waiter noticed my date was losing her voice and brought a special tea (with lemon, ginger, and star anise) which was greatly appreciated. An unfortunate discovery toward the end of the meal spoiled the mood, ruining what had otherwise been a terrific experience. The waiter handled the situation as best he could (not his fault), but our confidence was shaken. I'm certain this was a rare misstep, but will have trouble recommending the spot for some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2014The meal was very creative and just a terrific use of ingredients and presentation. The only drawback was the size of the portion comparable to the price. We definitely left hungry given the small size of the portions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Food excellent, service great. They have a special meat dish every night. The night we were there it was pork and really good. The sea bass was excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable but not memorableSamanthaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Our meal was enjoyable but for the price not particularly great. I think there are probably better options in SF for the price.Special Features:
- A menu worth fully exploringAllijeanDined on 8/29/2014As a group of four, we shared dozen oysters, 7 small plates, 3 entrees and 3 desserts. Almost everything was outstanding: tomato toast, olives, ricotta flatbread, sea bass, pana cotta, quail and more... The low spots were that the lamb entre was pretty bland and the raw scallops were a bit fishy. The cocktails were delicious. Service was attentive and friendly, space is gorgeous! We all left incredibly happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, but SLOW service.CourtVIPDined on 8/23/2014I was here with a group of 8, and we ordered our meal family style, as directed. The food was ultimately delicious, however, a meal that should have lasted 2 hours took FOUR HOURS. There must have been a timing issue in the kitchen. There were other groups seated in the downstairs room also, and I watched as teams of waiters brought out their entrees in huge batches. We, however, had to wait a full hour between them clearing our finished appetizer plates and being served our entrees. This was a super long wait, which forced us to drink an extra round or two just to fill the time and our stomachs. I think the food here is stellar, but I wouldn't recommend this restaurant for groups. I'm not sure their kitchen and staff can handle it.Special Features:
- BAD serviceHorribleServiceDined on 8/20/2014The service was plain rude. We felt as if we were lucky to dine at your place, which is sad because the food was - as always - very good. We were served deserts before starters and all - A mess. Actually, I would like to request a refund. Just stupidly and amusingly bad service! Make it work!!!Special Features:
- SM Visitorluv2eatDined on 8/17/2014Visiting for the weekend and had been there a few months back. Wanted a second visit. Food was fantastic as was the service. They have a wonderful caring and educated staff who meet my friends very challenging food allergies. Everything was delicious, especially the lamb that they cook outside on a special grill. Can't wait to go back on my next trip to San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Utterly DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014When you walk into this trendy restaurant with friendly service, you may have high expectations that the food is going to be memorable...DON'T. Their limited menu is not only incredibly overpriced but the food if poorly paired and prepared. For example, if you want to enjoy an order of refreshing melon to start be prepared to pay about $4 per skinny slice. Their highly recommended watermelon salad (also super small) does not come seedless so you're spitting out seeds for every bite. If you're thinking of getting the Sunnyside up eggs with ricotta be prepared to be given a soup, literally. The only tasteful items on the menu is the fried green tomatoes & pancetta sandwich. Overall utterly disappointing.
- Yay!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014Bar Agricole was just a super great experince. I can be choosey and they worked with me - when it came to drinks. The food was superb! I;m so glad they are open for brunch now.
- snackrabbitDined on 8/14/2014I really enjoyed the sand dab and steak, which were both recommended by the waiter and were absolutely delicious. The aioli with the sand dab was wonderful. However, I was not impressed with the melon appetizer or chocolate ganache tart. Atmosphere was nice, but it was very loud. The waiter warned us a large group had just arrived for cocktails so they pretty much dominated the restaurant. All and all definitely a fun experience, but I would ask the waiter what he/she recommends!Special Features:
- always a delightdinerVIPDined on 8/12/2014The food is great, flatbread, pasta, and some great interesting dishes... Service is totally pleasant from the door to the goodbyes they manage to say while working very hard... drinks are fascinating and if you find you can't bear something you ordered they'll bring you another (assuming you didn't finish the first!)... and the noise level at the bar is very high, but outside or in the back it's much quieter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated and not tastyKsjOmniComVIPDined on 8/8/2014Presentation, portions and pairings of ingredients for the entrees didn't make sense - not really tasty or sophisticated or worth repeating. Lamb was nearly meatless and accompanied w grilled lettuce that was soggy and harder to cut than the meat that wasn't on the bones. The pasta was bland, dry and $38. Etc. Orders frequently were incorrect and timing of meals poorhouse it took a long time and wSnt well sequenced. Disappointing!
- Good food, nice atmosphereTuckersDined on 8/8/2014Nice spot. Decent creative food, nice atmosphere. Wait staff was a bit pretentious and not amicable. Portions very small for what you pay. Overall a typical San Francisco experience.Special Features:
- Rarified Dining on 11thVickiOVIPDined on 8/8/2014The bar mixologist was on Speed! Food was tasty and morsel-size, drizzled with fragrant oils ... much like Zuni, actually. Overpriced, but a great restaurant space. We liked the vibe, and def the finest dining experience on this rarified SOMA club strip.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/7/2014We had a lovely outdoor table next to the fountain. The heat lamps were perfect and comfy. The food was very good. We had melons with chili flakes and sea salt which was surprisingly good, squash blossoms (there was only one squash blossom though) with potatoes and I can't remember what protein, cedar salmon with wax beans (delish), a lovely crepe with fresh herbs and goat cheese, and whole wheat pasta with truffle flakes. The pasta was actually my least favorite - it was kind of dry and didn't have a lot of flavor. The rest of the food was very good and the wait staff was lovely. It has a lovely ambiance and the menu varies seasonally, but I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and TrendySonomaFoodyDined on 8/1/2014Visited with old friends for dinner on a Friday night, and ended up staying three hours (a servers nightmare), but our server and runners were attentive and patient. Skip the wines (nothing domestic); this place is known for cocktails. Menus change nightly, but we loved the farinata with wild nettles, grilled quail with dandelion, poached salmon with squash blossom. Greens and seasonal vegetables were delicious. We shared all four desserts: basil ice cream (burst with flavor), killer chocolate cream pie pudding, fabulously moist cornmeal lemon cake, pedestrian nectarine country square, but heavenly creme fraiche. Great local oyster and cheeses listed; we didn't try. Would come back for lunch and sit outdoors. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinks,good food, bad serviceAjwsfVIPDined on 7/30/2014This is still a great place to go for wonderful cocktails. The food, while better and more varied in the past, still does not live up to the level of the drinks. And the service just flat out stinks. Dirty plates are left forever on the table, wait staff know nothing about the wine list, and overall have to be flagged down to provide any kind of service.
- Good despite hostessAsylDined on 7/24/2014The hostess (short, glasses, tattoo on shoulder) brought us to the outdoor section, which we always request, then left us standing there for over 5 minutes. Eventually a server explained, apologetically, that the section wasn't quite ready (7:15) because a private party in the outdoor section had recently ended and they needed to reconnect the computer system. Fine....but it was the hostess's job to explain that to us instead of just dumping us in that section and leaving us to wait and wonder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really delicious, and expensiveburrataVIPDined on 7/22/2014Watch out, this place is excellent** in terms of food, drinks, decor and service, but it's really pricey. It's a great splurge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014Thank you, Bar Agricole, for a very satisfying dining experience. Kudos to Chef Melissa Reitz!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TbtbDined on 7/19/2014A but too loud. Food good. Loved the building and architecture, seats, tables etc. Unique setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, great tasting food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014Everything that we ordered tasted fantastic. The fried tomatoes was a hit for our group.Special Features:
- service bad, but food great.jhnsfVIPDined on 7/12/2014service was terrible, but food was great. The chicken dish was wonderful
- Quinn612Dined on 7/11/2014The atmosphere and ambiance is wonderful. The bartenders and old a type cocktails are a must. Menu was great, food was over salted. But the service and ambiance would make me go back and try again--it at least for a cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cocktails and foodErikaSFVIPDined on 7/8/2014The cocktails were very unique. I had the Planter's Punch and the Daiquiri Deluxe; both were well-balanced and delicious. The menu has a lot to choose from. I really enjoyed the grilled radicchio and the carne crudo. The decor is minimal but handsome. The glass chandeliers are stunning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningdontmakemehangryDined on 7/5/2014Bar Agricole is a beautiful spot with a modern aesthetic. Everyone from the hosts to the bartenders to the waiters are extremely knowledgeable and friendly. The food was flavorful and very seasonal. Many vegetarian options, too. It was an overall delightful experience.Special Features:
- Great for drinks but no to dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/2/20141- Reception and organization was subpar. We were a few minutes late for our reservations. Host asked us to wait in the bar, but he forgot about us and gave our table to another party. After 30 minutes, we followed up and he apologized for forgetting about us. 2- Food and service- They comped the entrees since these slow to arrive. Interesting dishes but am not quite sure about the execution. 3- Wine & alcohol- excellent selection of wines and cocktails. Bartenders were very nice and friendly. 4- Great patio and bar scene.Special Features: