355 11th Street
San Francisco, CA 94103Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.baragricole.com/
- Phone: 4153559400x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar opens at 5pm.
Dinner Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 6:00pm - 10pm,
Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 11pm.
Saturday & Sunday brunch 11am - 2pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Melissa Reitz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room available - seats up to 40 guests.
Patio available - seats up to 35 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Ben Krupp 4153559400x
- Special Events: Please email email@example.com to arrange a dinner, brunch, cocktail party or special event in our private dining room or garden patio.
A word from Bar Agricole
Bar Agricole is a contemporary tavern situated on an industrial block of San Francisco’s SOMA district. The tavern features traditional mixed drinks from spirits that celebrate the rich tradition of farmhouse distilling, natural wines, and Northern California Cuisine made with ingredients sourced from local organic and biodynamic farms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bar Agricole reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (97)great for outdoor dining (80)vibrant bar scene (59)special occasion (51)neighborhood gem (47)hot spot (44)romantic (41)good for groups (39)notable wine list (27)great for brunch (25)late-night find (18)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- Food was great, but SLOW service.CourtVIPDined on 8/23/2014I was here with a group of 8, and we ordered our meal family style, as directed. The food was ultimately delicious, however, a meal that should have lasted 2 hours took FOUR HOURS. There must have been a timing issue in the kitchen. There were other groups seated in the downstairs room also, and I watched as teams of waiters brought out their entrees in huge batches. We, however, had to wait a full hour between them clearing our finished appetizer plates and being served our entrees. This was a super long wait, which forced us to drink an extra round or two just to fill the time and our stomachs. I think the food here is stellar, but I wouldn't recommend this restaurant for groups. I'm not sure their kitchen and staff can handle it.Special Features:
- BAD serviceHorribleServiceDined on 8/20/2014The service was plain rude. We felt as if we were lucky to dine at your place, which is sad because the food was - as always - very good. We were served deserts before starters and all - A mess. Actually, I would like to request a refund. Just stupidly and amusingly bad service! Make it work!!!Special Features:
- SM Visitorluv2eatDined on 8/17/2014Visiting for the weekend and had been there a few months back. Wanted a second visit. Food was fantastic as was the service. They have a wonderful caring and educated staff who meet my friends very challenging food allergies. Everything was delicious, especially the lamb that they cook outside on a special grill. Can't wait to go back on my next trip to San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Utterly DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014When you walk into this trendy restaurant with friendly service, you may have high expectations that the food is going to be memorable...DON'T. Their limited menu is not only incredibly overpriced but the food if poorly paired and prepared. For example, if you want to enjoy an order of refreshing melon to start be prepared to pay about $4 per skinny slice. Their highly recommended watermelon salad (also super small) does not come seedless so you're spitting out seeds for every bite. If you're thinking of getting the Sunnyside up eggs with ricotta be prepared to be given a soup, literally. The only tasteful items on the menu is the fried green tomatoes & pancetta sandwich. Overall utterly disappointing.
- Yay!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014Bar Agricole was just a super great experince. I can be choosey and they worked with me - when it came to drinks. The food was superb! I;m so glad they are open for brunch now.
- snackrabbitDined on 8/14/2014I really enjoyed the sand dab and steak, which were both recommended by the waiter and were absolutely delicious. The aioli with the sand dab was wonderful. However, I was not impressed with the melon appetizer or chocolate ganache tart. Atmosphere was nice, but it was very loud. The waiter warned us a large group had just arrived for cocktails so they pretty much dominated the restaurant. All and all definitely a fun experience, but I would ask the waiter what he/she recommends!Special Features:
- always a delightdinerVIPDined on 8/12/2014The food is great, flatbread, pasta, and some great interesting dishes... Service is totally pleasant from the door to the goodbyes they manage to say while working very hard... drinks are fascinating and if you find you can't bear something you ordered they'll bring you another (assuming you didn't finish the first!)... and the noise level at the bar is very high, but outside or in the back it's much quieter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated and not tastyKsjOmniComVIPDined on 8/8/2014Presentation, portions and pairings of ingredients for the entrees didn't make sense - not really tasty or sophisticated or worth repeating. Lamb was nearly meatless and accompanied w grilled lettuce that was soggy and harder to cut than the meat that wasn't on the bones. The pasta was bland, dry and $38. Etc. Orders frequently were incorrect and timing of meals poorhouse it took a long time and wSnt well sequenced. Disappointing!
- Good food, nice atmosphereTuckersDined on 8/8/2014Nice spot. Decent creative food, nice atmosphere. Wait staff was a bit pretentious and not amicable. Portions very small for what you pay. Overall a typical San Francisco experience.Special Features:
- Rarified Dining on 11thVickiOVIPDined on 8/8/2014The bar mixologist was on Speed! Food was tasty and morsel-size, drizzled with fragrant oils ... much like Zuni, actually. Overpriced, but a great restaurant space. We liked the vibe, and def the finest dining experience on this rarified SOMA club strip.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/7/2014We had a lovely outdoor table next to the fountain. The heat lamps were perfect and comfy. The food was very good. We had melons with chili flakes and sea salt which was surprisingly good, squash blossoms (there was only one squash blossom though) with potatoes and I can't remember what protein, cedar salmon with wax beans (delish), a lovely crepe with fresh herbs and goat cheese, and whole wheat pasta with truffle flakes. The pasta was actually my least favorite - it was kind of dry and didn't have a lot of flavor. The rest of the food was very good and the wait staff was lovely. It has a lovely ambiance and the menu varies seasonally, but I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and TrendySonomaFoodyDined on 8/1/2014Visited with old friends for dinner on a Friday night, and ended up staying three hours (a servers nightmare), but our server and runners were attentive and patient. Skip the wines (nothing domestic); this place is known for cocktails. Menus change nightly, but we loved the farinata with wild nettles, grilled quail with dandelion, poached salmon with squash blossom. Greens and seasonal vegetables were delicious. We shared all four desserts: basil ice cream (burst with flavor), killer chocolate cream pie pudding, fabulously moist cornmeal lemon cake, pedestrian nectarine country square, but heavenly creme fraiche. Great local oyster and cheeses listed; we didn't try. Would come back for lunch and sit outdoors. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinks,good food, bad serviceAjwsfVIPDined on 7/30/2014This is still a great place to go for wonderful cocktails. The food, while better and more varied in the past, still does not live up to the level of the drinks. And the service just flat out stinks. Dirty plates are left forever on the table, wait staff know nothing about the wine list, and overall have to be flagged down to provide any kind of service.
- Good despite hostessAsylDined on 7/24/2014The hostess (short, glasses, tattoo on shoulder) brought us to the outdoor section, which we always request, then left us standing there for over 5 minutes. Eventually a server explained, apologetically, that the section wasn't quite ready (7:15) because a private party in the outdoor section had recently ended and they needed to reconnect the computer system. Fine....but it was the hostess's job to explain that to us instead of just dumping us in that section and leaving us to wait and wonder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really delicious, and expensiveburrataVIPDined on 7/22/2014Watch out, this place is excellent** in terms of food, drinks, decor and service, but it's really pricey. It's a great splurge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014Thank you, Bar Agricole, for a very satisfying dining experience. Kudos to Chef Melissa Reitz!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TbtbDined on 7/19/2014A but too loud. Food good. Loved the building and architecture, seats, tables etc. Unique setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, great tasting food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014Everything that we ordered tasted fantastic. The fried tomatoes was a hit for our group.Special Features:
- service bad, but food great.jhnsfVIPDined on 7/12/2014service was terrible, but food was great. The chicken dish was wonderful
- Quinn612Dined on 7/11/2014The atmosphere and ambiance is wonderful. The bartenders and old a type cocktails are a must. Menu was great, food was over salted. But the service and ambiance would make me go back and try again--it at least for a cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cocktails and foodErikaSFVIPDined on 7/8/2014The cocktails were very unique. I had the Planter's Punch and the Daiquiri Deluxe; both were well-balanced and delicious. The menu has a lot to choose from. I really enjoyed the grilled radicchio and the carne crudo. The decor is minimal but handsome. The glass chandeliers are stunning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningdontmakemehangryDined on 7/5/2014Bar Agricole is a beautiful spot with a modern aesthetic. Everyone from the hosts to the bartenders to the waiters are extremely knowledgeable and friendly. The food was flavorful and very seasonal. Many vegetarian options, too. It was an overall delightful experience.Special Features:
- Great for drinks but no to dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/2/20141- Reception and organization was subpar. We were a few minutes late for our reservations. Host asked us to wait in the bar, but he forgot about us and gave our table to another party. After 30 minutes, we followed up and he apologized for forgetting about us. 2- Food and service- They comped the entrees since these slow to arrive. Interesting dishes but am not quite sure about the execution. 3- Wine & alcohol- excellent selection of wines and cocktails. Bartenders were very nice and friendly. 4- Great patio and bar scene.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, poor valueFuturecritixDined on 6/27/2014Ambience and location were spot on, food was excellent but portions were woefully small and we got pizza afterword.Special Features:
- Still going strongneedbigpantsVIPDined on 6/26/2014I still consider this one of the very top craft cocktail joints in San Francisco. Food quality remains high following the recent chef changes. Great place, but very very very loud. Don't go here to have an intimate conversation. Go for some of the best cocktails and food from folks who clearly take pride in their craft.Special Features:
- fantastic find...cozthegrovDined on 6/25/2014I was recommended to Bar Agricole from a trusted friend and i was thrilled with it! Great great great food and drinks. Next time I'm in the city, I'll be coming here.Special Features:
- overratedtacoDined on 6/22/2014food was ok - overpriced for what we got -scrambled eggs, ricotta cheese and a mache salad. Cheddar biscuit was dry. Huckleberry scone was good. Annoyed that they ran out of bacon and the only other option was pork belly or rabbit sausage.Special Features:
- Go for the food and drinksAndrewDined on 6/21/2014Great food and awesome drinks. Service was only ok and table was sticky from previous drinks.
- Great for a birthday celebration!millerukDined on 6/20/2014Celebrated my husband's 50th birthday here last week. Cocktails, food and service were all outstanding. Everything was so fresh and flavorful. Loved that our server filleted the sand dabs at the table! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Not worth the priceVivianDined on 6/19/2014A dining experience that was fairly disappointing. The fresh dishes were delicious but the squid was too greasy and the pork leg was too one note. Not worth the high prices.Special Features:
- Amazing Father's Day BrunchProcrastin8Dined on 6/15/2014Had Fathers Day brunch here. as a new dad, the complimentary cocktail was much appreciated. they also accommodated our large stroller with no problems. the food was amazing. especially loved the pancetta scone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool bar with over priced foodTLC74Dined on 6/13/2014Really awesome bar. Great space, modern, cool. However food portions were extremely small and seriously over-priced. Food quality was ok but not memorable. Service was ok, not outstanding. Not sure how to justify the prices. Maybe just go for drinks.Special Features:
- Great dinnerodjayDined on 6/5/2014I really enjoyed all of the dishes. The desserts were incredible. The only drawback is it is very loud and it is hard to have a conversation with your dinner companions.Special Features:
- Never Falls Short of SpectacularJAK715Dined on 6/1/2014Every time I go there, Bar Agricole never fails to impress. The dishes are always top quality made with excellent ingredients, their cocktails are some of the best in the city and the service is always friendly and very willing to explain anything on the menu (which I usually need once or twice each time I go there! :-). And the ambiance is wonderful, I love how everything is handcrafted. I highly recommend it for anyone who is looking for a quality dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual foodieOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/28/2014What a fun place. the art is cool, the bar swanky and the outdoor area terrific (it was a warm night). But the fish appetizers rocked it. Loved the sardines the halibut and more. Definitely a place to take a casual foodie. Drinks rock too!Special Features:
- High Quality, Creative & TrendyJaykoVIPDined on 5/25/2014From the smallest appetizer, a little plate of perfectly prepared sardines, to a small slab of moist wild salmon, to the half roasted chicken, to the pork belly, every dish had unusual combinations in which the tastes jived perfectly. The desserts were all spectacular bit especially the rhubarb tart. We asked for an herbal tea, and the server went outside to pick the herbs to brew! It was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be sure to try!hiedVIPDined on 5/25/2014Overall my wife and I enjoyed this restaurant despite some problems. We went on a Sunday night. It was crowded and the tables are very close together, which intensified the noise level, so that it was hard to talk without shouting. We were disappointed that only two brands of bourbon whiskey are on the menu, neither of which we care for. The sommelier explained that these are the only brands that meet their criterion of control over their grain. We don't expect Kentucky distilleries to be raising grain, so the argument seemed ridiculous. The wine list is interesting but expensive, nothing under $36. We shared a lettuce salad and a tasty pork loin dish. We particularly liked the fact that they offer small/large versions of some dishes.Special Features:
- Still a good dining experienceNIBBLERDined on 5/20/2014I enjoy eating on the Patio with a friend. The service is very knowledgeable and attentive. The food continues to be inventive and delicious.Special Features:
- Food only okayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014Some of the items we ordered were great, while others were simply mediocre. The service was horrible. Our server seemed completely uninspired by the menu, bored by his job, and almost annoyed that the menu changed every night. A few things he asked about his said, "I don't know" but didn't offer to go figure it out. We had a few appetizer which were great, but the mains on the whole were unimpressed. The farinata - the one dish the server recommended - was so oily and seemed to cost twice as much as appropriate. There were four of us dining, and none of us would go back.
- Way OverpricedHungerMasterDined on 5/16/2014We eat out a lot and so have a good sense of restaurant pricing and value. We were pretty shocked. We came with a group of friends and ordered a lot of small dishes to share as well as some of the "larger" main courses followed by some desserts to share. The pricing is shocking: $32 for a plate of tomato sauce pasta (no meat), $40 for steak - 2 1/2" slices, and $47 for a whole chicken (ordinary roasted). The 1/2 portions are less and about a few dollars more than half the value. The meal was fine - the food good but nothing extraordinary warranting the pricing. I'm happy to pay for great food but I just don't see how they justify these prices. Cocktails were likewise very small although priced normally.Special Features: