88 South 6th St
Minneapolis, MN 55402Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bankmpls.com/
- Phone: 6126563255x
- Hours of Operation:
BANK Hours of Operations: Breakfast: Monday-Friday 6:00am-10:00am Saturday-Sunday 7:00am-10:30am Brunch: Saturday-Sunday 9am-2pm Lunch: Monday-Sunday 11:00am-2:00pm Dinner: Monday-Sunday 5:30pm-10:00pm BANK Lounge Hours of Operations: Monday-Thursday 11:00am-11:00pm Friday-Saturday 11:00am-12:00am Sunday 11:00am-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: John F. Mullen III
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Meeting, power dining and intimate social gatherings will fit comfortably in the three private dining rooms, each equipped with high-tech amenities and plush decor. The private dining area will offer a menu created to service a large party efficiently, but with the taste and presentation commonly found on the al la carte menu. To compliment the menu an extensive wine list will be available for groups of any size. For casual private parties; the two private lounges are the ultimate luxury. Loaded with plush pillows, cozy seating and flat screen TV's, large curtains put the privacy in the hands of the host. In addition to ordering off of the private style menu; hosts may choose from an extensive wine list and bottle-style liquor service.
- Private Party Contact: Julie St. Aubin 6126562377x
A word from BANK
This Modern American restaurant is retro glamorous and modernly comfortable as it retains existing millwork and character of the circa 1900's bank building. The lobby is vast and impressive, and is ideal for an active dining area for both formal meetings and casual eating. Modern American Cuisine means more then just dining. BANK is about savor, experience, sharing, relaxing & connecting - an experience that is entirely in the hands of the customer. Whether downloading with colleagues over hot stone grilling in our plush lounge, or creating your own cocktail at the communal table with new friends, BANK is the perfect spot to re-connect and re-fresh; all while maintaining your personality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
BANK reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)great for lunch (33)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (21)romantic (18)notable wine list (12)vibrant bar scene (7)neighborhood gem (5)great for brunch (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good mealRJ27VIPDined on 9/2/2014Overall, had a good business lunch here. Restaurant was FREEZING though, and i kept wishing I had a wool blanket. Took quite a while for them for refill my diet coke, but rest of the service was good. I'll probably go back every 6 months or so. Nothing to write home about, but definitely a decent meal.Special Features:
- Great food, wine list overpricedDragonflyDined on 8/21/2014The food is put together with an artists eye. Flavors are balanced well on the plates and take one through a journey with each bite. Very well prepared and presented. The wine list is overpriced. I have found some of the wines offered elsewhere for significantly less. It is one thing to carry high end wines and price them accordingly, it is another entirely to price them all that way. Also, our server didn't seem to know the menu too well. If he was new, it would be understandable and he should've just said that. We asked several questions about our food, as we were enjoying it. It was clear that he was making some of the answers up on the spot.
- TwoferdinnerDined on 8/16/2014We went there for a Saturday night dinner. The place was DEAD! And when making the reservation on Open Table,( really did not need to), I asked not to be seated near the service area. Guess where they had us seated...? Food was ok but not great. Beautiful decor though. Very cool to be in a restored bank building.Special Features:
- Great Risotto!Deb57VIPDined on 8/4/2014We had a very enjoyable business lunch at BANK. It's quiet enough for good conversation and the food is always good. I ventured away from my usual salad and tried the risotto. I added some chicken and it was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet and reasonably priced lunchCityChick617Dined on 7/25/2014We had an excellent service experience at BANK. However, the food left a bit to be desired. I ordered the fish and chips and both were too greasy and left a metallic taste. My lunch date ordered a burger and while it was cooked exactly to his liking, the fries and taste of the meal were average. Our waiter was very accommodating and attentive, but let us have conversation. A good experience, but the food was sub-par.Special Features:
- Fine DiningDennyVIPDined on 7/19/2014We had a very nice experience at BANK. Food was excellent and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Server was great. Small plate menu offered great variety. Tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group DinnerAstrodomeVIPDined on 7/12/2014Had a very nice group dinner in one of the private rooms, the service was excellent as was the food. Thanks,Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Waiter was very moody and unhelpful. It took us over 30 minutes just to get our check.
- First experienceoDustyDined on 7/8/2014My wife and I enjoyed dining at the Ban in Minneapolis. The food and service were excellent. The atmosphere was also excellent and allow for a nice casual dining experience, without noise or feeling rushed.Special Features:
- Delightful Experience!DonovanDined on 7/8/2014Rarely do I make the trip into downtown Minneapolis. This time I'm glad I did. I found the BANK to be worth the trip and a very pleasurable dining experience too. Will go back for the New York Strip. Lovely space for groups of any size.Special Features:
- Civilized power-lunch spotGAB4254Dined on 7/7/2014Great lunch menu; nice/business savvy to casual atmosphere; friendly, prompt and helpful servers. While the place was relatively full by noon, it was quiet enough to have a conversation without shouting (which seems to be the norm at most Euro-delis, fern bars and lunch pubs). I had the chicken tortilla soup and BLT - a great summertime combination. My lunch companion had the risotto. Both of us were very satisfied with our meals and the experience.Special Features:
- GeauxLeftDined on 7/2/2014It was Wednesday evening and the place was quiet...which made it very enjoyable for a romantic birthday dinner. The two steak entrees were both very good, though the prices, including the wine prices, made it clear we were paying heavily for the space and ambiance. Still, all in all a very pleasant dinnerSpecial Features:
- Not the best in MinneapolisfoodloverDined on 6/29/2014Our experience was very poor. There was only one server for the whole place! She was swamped and dinner took over 2 hours. We were basically forgotten about over and over and had to ask for everything from menus to placing the order. There are plenty of other places downtown to try out...Special Features:
- don't bother on Sundaysjbx1138VIPDined on 6/29/2014The venue completely different on the weekend it is the standard hotel fare and not the fine dining menu that they usually have.Special Features:
- Bank on BankDougVIPDined on 6/29/2014This was our second visit to Bank and both times, the food has been exquisite! The menu is modest, but the selections are prepared very well. My roasted chicken entree was melt-in-mouth tender and deliciously seasoned. An appetizer of mussels was also wonderful and large enough to share. Service was very friendly, although it seemed a bit frenzied at times. And the venue itself is outstandingly handsome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's okayGCAaseDined on 6/27/2014The dining space is really great, and as I sat down I had high hopes. But while the manager/other wait staff were attentive and friendly, the waiter seemed he wanted us to keep moving. Not that there was a big line waiting to get in. Or any line for that matter. The food was okay. Not great, but not a total miss. Better than an average hotel restaurant, but not somewhere I would consider a "place to go". The caveat to that is the bar - the cosmos were top notch and the wine list solid and reasonably priced. However, the whole experience doesn't meet up to the space it's located in. Proceed with caution.
- Bank was disappointingdebbaDined on 6/27/2014The setting is beautiful, our server was very attentive but those were the highlights of the meal. I started with the risotto with asparagus. The asparagus was cooked perfectly but the asparagus was totally bland. When we mentioned it to the server she took it off our bill. We had the steak and scallop entrees. The steak with potatoes was very good and the steak was cooked as requested. The scallops were tender but salty. We each had a dessert and those were both good. For the price we expected something more special.
- Another Home RunwineandfoodloverVIPDined on 6/26/2014This was our second time at Bank, and it was even better than the first. The roasted beet salad thoroughly pleased my wife. My Caesar was perfect (though I could have used more than one incredibly tiny anchovy). Her snapper was perfectly prepared, as were my scallops. Sides accompanying the meat on the entrée plate were superbly seasoned (aka NOT oversalted like so many restaurants). Our server was pleasant, personable, professional, and incredibly efficient. In short, this was another amazing evening. Bank is certainly on our short list of best restaurants in the Twin Cities area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findShellyVIPDined on 6/23/2014Great food, the waiter made several suggestions which we took and were very pleased with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful historic settingAliDDined on 6/19/2014The BANK experience begins with the incredible setting: the awe-inspiring soaring space which was once the Farmers and Mechanics bank. 35-foot ceilings, wood paneling, carved medallions—it all adds up to a terrific environment. While the food is not spectacular, it's much better than you'd expect to find in a Westin—BANK can't escape the fact that it is a hotel restaurant. We had three small plates: flat bread with arugula and creme fraiche, crab cakes and lemon risotto. All were delicious, and it was the perfect amount of food for two people. If you're in downtown Minneapolis, definitely give BANK a try.
- Poor food and serviceFresco3VIPDined on 6/18/2014I met an old friend here for lunch on a weekday. It wasn't bustling or busy. We both ordered the cobb salad, plus added the seared tuna as the protein. It was the most dismal presentation I could imagine. It was essentially just iceberg lettuce (and not much of it, either), with tiny tiny bits of bacon, 2-3 unripe cherry tomato halves and a little chopped avocado. The three pieces of tuna weren't seared and didn't taste very fresh. They weren't sushi grade and were marbled, so were hard to cut with the dinner knife on the table. No one checked with us after we were served, until I finally asked for a refill of iced tea. Seriously disappointing.
- Lovely Open Space DiningSpenceDined on 6/13/2014The high ceiling in this dining room is unique. Retro with an art deco feel. The menu was tight and poached monk fish special was outstanding. A nice change of pace for dinner before a show.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice for dinnerFritzVIPDined on 6/12/2014Former bank lobby now a restaurant and the food and service were excellent. Wait person was helpful, attentive and we were never rushed. We enjoyed a leisurely dinner of NY Strip steak and Scallops after an entree of crab cakes. All were done to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Execellent food and serviceEspressoDined on 6/11/2014Our waiter was very engaging and upbeat in a very appropriate way. It has been a few years since I last went this restaurant and I had forgotten how much I enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, sub-par servicelawrunnerDined on 6/7/2014The food was absolutely delicious. We had the risotto, which was creamy, lemony, and wonderful. We both had the NY strip. Mine was a little undercooked, which is actually okay with me. My husband's was perfect. The steak was extremely flavorful and tender, and the mashed potatoes and spinach which came with it were bursting with flavor. Our service, however, was fairly awful. It was our first wedding anniversary, which we told them when we made the reservation. While the hostess & bus staff were extremely nice, our waiter seemed annoyed with being at work. He forcefully put down our plates, didn't check on us and didn't even bother to say congratulations. I am not sure if I'd return, but I WOULD recommend it for others to try.Special Features:
- Bank RestaurantKAPADined on 6/7/2014We really liked the restaurant and the food. Service was very good. He was very attentive, there to answer any questions. The only negative was the temp of the food. I saw them put the food up on shelves to be delivered by staff. I don't think there were warmers there cause they put the desserts on there also.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014Our dinner at BANK was truly excellent - we started with cocktails made of fresh ingredients and and unique combinations. Our appetizers and entrees were delicious and very well presented. Our waitress was fantastic - she made nice suggestions, checked on us at the appropriate times, and was prompt when we had a request. We definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience at BankritanayDined on 6/7/2014We had some trepidation after reading reviews, but noting that poor reviews of the food were mostly older, we decided to try it. We're so glad we did! We decided to have all small plates instead of entrees, and every one was so delicious! The service was impeccable...friendly, knowledgeable, not hovering or annoying, but he came to our table frequently to see if we needed anything and to ask how the food was. We each had a dessert, and they were both very good. All in all, we enjoyed our evening at Bank very much.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/4/2014This was our first experience at BANK. It was very enjoyable and we will definitely go back. Shawn, our waiter, was over the top! Great recommendations and made the experience memorable with his service and friendliness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining, Historic BuildingMJK3Dined on 6/1/2014Bank is an upscale restaurant in the historic and artistic former Farmers and Mechanic's Building. It is a wonderful place, quiet enough to talk, fancy enough for the most special of occasions, yet not overly stuffy as noted by it's business casual attire, probably attributed to it's service as the restaurant for the Weston Hotel that adjoins it. We started with a shrimp/fruit appetizer. The shrimp was perfectly done and melted in our mouths. The fruity flavor was mild and perfectly complimented the shrimp. Equal Care was taken with the main courses of Salmon and Wild Rice Chicken which were fabulous. Sean, was a most pleasant and competent waiter who is more than willing to tell the story of the venue of which he was obviously proud.Special Features:
- Great experience!ShawnAnders71Dined on 5/31/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dining experience at BANK. Awesome food--terrific, unique atmosphere. We'd definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night DinnerNigelDined on 5/25/2014The restaurant was very romantic, staff was great, and the food delicious. Perfect for a date night!Special Features:
- The following 812 reviews are from the BANK reviews archive.
- Enjoyed our dinner.JayronDined on 5/24/2014We enjoyed a delicious - tasty dinner at the Bank. The atmosphere can't be beat. (I used to bank there when it was Farmer's & Mechanic's Savings Bank.) It was a nice quiet atmosphere that allowed us to chat without having to strain our ears or raise our voices. --A pleasant change when dining out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great celebrationPadmDined on 5/24/2014GREAT service and wonderful food; a perfect spot for our family celebration. The food was outstanding and our server was attentive and personable. And who isn't taken by the beautiful art deco lights, woodwork and the amazing wine vault? Love the visuals here.Special Features:
- Great steakAvocado312Dined on 5/17/2014My daughter says that the NY strip that she had is the best steak she's ever eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day Home RunBirthdayBoyDined on 5/11/2014Took my wife, her mom and the kids (young adults) - this is one of the spots we make sure we have a meal at whenever we visit Minneapolis and it never fails to do a great job with the food, service and atmosphere. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Just above averageHungryheartDined on 5/10/2014We went here for an anniversary dinner. The halibut wasn't very flavorful and the portion was small. The steaks were better. Not terribly pricy but $9 for a plate of berries?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loves foodFoodloverVIPDined on 5/10/2014What a nice find. I really like Open table. I have never had a bad result. We had our own private room which opened up towards main dining area. The staff were attentive without being interruptive . Would for sure go back next time we visit Minneapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow! Not a review guy, BUTOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2014The Bank is inside the Westin hotel, the prices are inflated, the wait staff is on the clock with a careless attitude. The food is line kitchen Golden Corral quality. My menu had old food on it. This place was horrible. I will never eat here again.