Bank & Bourbon
1200 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bank & Bourbon
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bankandbourbon.com/
- Phone: 2152317300x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:30am
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sun - 9:30 - 2:00 A la carte menu
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Harkins
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Inherently american designed menus of your choice created by the talented culinary team of chef Harkins.
- Private Party Facilities: Bank and Bourbon offers private banquet areas for your enjoyment. Handling groups of 5 to 100 ppl.
- Private Party Contact: Besty Lyons 215-231-7345x
- Special Events: Come in Sunday - Friday from 5-7pm for Happy Hour. Enjoy small-bite food treats, and drink specials featuring signature cocktails. With special food and beverage combinations the happiest Happy Hour in Philadelphia.
A word from Bank & Bourbon
Bank & Bourbon provides an inherently American menu by celebrated Executive Chef Tom Harkins, that offers creative, seasonal interpretations of classic dishes - all in a comfortable, relaxed setting. Additionally Bank & Bourbon features an innovative barrel-aging program for house aged liquors and creative cocktails under the guidance of our experienced Bourbon Master. Located at the historic PSFS building.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bank & Bourbon reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (39)good for groups (36)special occasion (24)great for lunch (24)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (12)romantic (11)neighborhood gem (10)scenic view (10)great for brunch (10)late-night find (8)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Excellent service, OK foodLisacDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I found that the service was wonderful. They were trying really hard to make it a positive experience, unfortunately the food was a little lacking. I had the filet; I had ordered it medium and half of it was over cooked (medium-well). The flavor was fine, but nothing great. My husband had fish that was also OK, but a little dry. They had some cute private rooms that would be nice for a party.Special Features:
- Bourbon FlightsHungryVIPDined on 9/20/2014We stopped in for an early dinner before the theater on a Saturday night. It was quiet and pretty empty. Food was very good. Service attentive and responsive. Drinks were great. We will return.
- Good placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2014We liked it here. Service was great, good selection of cocktails and wine. Food was good, especially enjoyed the apps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The décor is wonderful. The food however was unimpressive, wait staff lacked energy and urgency. At 2 in the afternoon, the restaurant was nearly empty, yet service was slow. The steak was dry. We ordered oysters as an appetizer and they were horrible - we sent them back. Very disappointed in what looked to be a very nice restaurant. I am rarely completely disappointed in a restaurant, but I will definitely never go there again, nor would I recommend it for anyone else.Special Features:
- Good OptionYohansDined on 9/16/2014Banks and Bourbon is a good option for lunch. I actually went during restaurant week and really enjoyed it. My meal and the service were great! Will definitely try them again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bank and bourbon1psuVIPDined on 9/15/2014restaurant week menu was extremely limited; however, the food was very good. great selection of bourbons and ryes.Special Features:
- This was not a good a good choice.AlwaysinarestaurantDined on 9/15/2014Two friends were with me and they picked the chicken sandwich. Neither was pleased and when management asked about the food, both told them how disappointed they were. I chose the flank steak, asked for it medium and it was mostly well done, but I ate it anyway. There was no flavor or excitement about the menu. I was the only one that had to pay for her lunch.Special Features:
- Great ServiceGJR715Dined on 9/15/2014the service was impeccable through every course and making sure the drinks were always filled to the brim.Special Features:
- Second time aroundElizanyVIPDined on 9/15/2014I enjoyed my lunch. Visited for Restaurant Week. Nice menu selection. Got the salad and steak at the waitresses suggestion and both were very good. Love the butter and the fries. The German chocolate cake was yummy but there was some confusion and the waitress forgot to bring it out. We paid and were leaving when I realized it and asked for it to go. Not sure how that happened but she fixed it promptly and all was right with the world.Special Features:
- BoozeDonatoDined on 9/12/2014Good booze, good food, good fun. Get the taste of ham.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive!JessicaDined on 9/12/2014Went here for restaurant week and the food was out of this world! Potato soup was rich and buttery, corn and pea salad flavorful, trout broiled to perfection and the Brussels sprouts were maybe the best I have ever had. The goat cheese parfait was creamy and light. Really terrific meal. Only complaint was that the bread crust was so hard it cut my mouth up! But the goat butter helped.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Dining ExperiencePumpkinDined on 9/10/2014This was our first experience dining a Bank & Bourbon and we decided to do the Restaurant Week Lunch. Everything that we had to eat was delicious; however, we noticed that there appeared to be an issue with lack of servers on the day that we were there. The incorrect entrée was brought out to us; and we noticed that what we had ordered was almost served to the table next to us. Of course, that being the first time that it happened, we wouldn't let that hold us back from enjoying this restaurant again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulphillyfoodieDined on 9/8/2014Outstanding service. Exceptional food. Visited for restaurant week, and the delivery was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome bourbonpgtarheelDined on 9/4/2014The food was pretty decent, but the bourbon drinks are amazing. The wine is okay. I think this is a great place for food and especially drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Return!!!GinaDined on 9/4/2014I was really impressed. I haven't had such service since I stayed at Lowes in Miami Beach. The waitstaff was impeccable. I felt welcomed and special. The Manager and other staff really made us feel welcome. I will bring all of my friends here for special occasions or just when I want to feel pampered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the Bourbon!RobSVIPDined on 9/2/2014Bourbon selection, amazing. Food choices, okay. The food was okay, we feel the menu lacks a depth that would keep us coming back. This is the place we'd start out with for cocktails and drinks, then move on to another place for dinner. Hoping they can get a better menu in place, we'll keep watching them.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/24/2014Our waiter was extremely accommodating and helpful. Great level of service.Special Features:
- Great Service and Bourbon KnowledgeGoodDougDined on 8/22/2014The key to Bank & Bourbon is its service staff and the bourbon master. Yes, the place has a cool feel to it, mixing chic furniture and fabrics with some wooden box displays on the wall. Yes, it is romantic. But more than anything, I will go back because they had great service and really knew their bourbon. The bourbon master asked me some questions about preferences and found great selections to try. Nothing more satisfying than a great steak and a flight of hand selected bourbons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice business lunch placeivy1601Dined on 8/13/2014The food was outstanding. But, what I really liked is that the tables are not too close together. So, you feel like you have some privacy for a business or romantic lunch. I will definately return because of that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/10/2014Sunday brunch is no so good. Not many selections and they do not offer the breakfast menu even though we were there at 9:30am. Not crowned, but is still took 25 minutes to bring the food, and it was cold!. The replacement was brought out hot and fast. The waiter was not seen after he took the order. Never came back to the table. When the manager came to the table to bring the check, he asked if I would like more coffee, and my response was " it would have been nice 10 minutes ago". The manages comment was "oh, sorry". Overpriced and very poor service for being in a Loews Hotel. Don't have breakfast here, go out side the the hotel and find many better places with better service and food for a reasonable cost.
- Great food. On it's way.christinaVIPDined on 8/7/2014The food and menu are great. I had a business lunch for 2. The food was excellent. The appetizer Taste of Ham is highly recommended. THe service started well then it got really, really slow. But I think it's on its way to being a great restaurant. The atmosphere and food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- saturday night effectfedeDined on 8/3/2014I've been there with a friend on a saturday night while my boyfriend went a couple of day before having the same food. He had a much better experience: food was well cooked and it was not as loud as when I went. I had the same dish and it was overcooked plus the noise level was very high. I would recommend to go on a week day and not on saturdays or to accept less reservations on saturday. Thank you for your service, it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch, good dinnerMicheleDined on 7/28/2014I've been here twice now for both lunch and dinner. The chicken salad for lunch was excellent, but the steak at dinner was just okay. I'd count on this place as a great option for lunch or happy hour. Great list of drinks, especially if you like trying whiskeys. Great service, too.Special Features:
- Great LunchKikiDined on 7/24/2014Went with a few co-workers and had a wonderful lunch. Menu is not elaborate but the portions are hearty. Definitely would recommend. Beautiful space and great serviceSpecial Features:
- a gemWalterDined on 7/11/2014Exceptional service and food, especially for a downtown convention hotel. Twice attending conventions in Philly, I've enjoyed lunch here (the chicken salad each time). There's nothing like it in the area.Special Features:
- Birthday BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Waitress was great! They brought out chocolate strawberries because it was my girlfriends birthday. The only reason why I gave a four instead of a five is because my steak (with my steak and eggs order) was a little TOO chewy and not very flavorful. I would absolutely go back in the future.
- Great Lunch!cedsDined on 7/1/2014We had a wonderful lunch at Bank and Bourbon. The food was great, and the server was wonderful - we sat for close to 2 hours, and never felt that we needed to leave. Highly recommended for the lunch crowd in Center City.Special Features:
- foodloverVIPDined on 6/28/2014great food although the ham plate was a bit salty. Pretty place and decent food .Special Features:
- Good Service, Good FoodTlg185VIPDined on 6/27/2014An evening at Bank and Bourbon, the server was very informative and helpful. The Charcuterie Plate was very good, and so was the market salad (but it was huge). My husband had the roasted corn salad, excellent! I had the whole fish, which was in a light broth with sweet onions and cherry tomatoes, good but not great...the pork chop was flavorful and moist and cherry pairing was fabulous with it. The ice cream sandwich dessert was perfect. I loved the bourbon selections and interesting coacktails, very old school feel with modern twists. I was surprised that it was not busy on a Friday night, I would defintiely recommend trying this place. The only drawback was a very limited entree menu, with no "specials." I would definitely return.
- Bad Service, Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014We had reservations for Father's Day brunch/lunch I'm not sure where to start....the food was good. The service was not, we were served coffee, our table wasn't set properly - we had no spoons. We had to ask for spoons, we had to ask for water. We ordered our appetizer (bourbon doughnuts) they were brought to the table with our entrees. We asked to see the Bourbon Master, a server brought the check. The Bourbon Master did stop at our table and was very knowledgeable. I am not sure if we will try again, $60 was a bit pricy for what we had to eat (we had no alcohol).
- Bourbon & MoreDisappointingDined on 6/15/2014Limited menu but something for everyone. Chef is very creative and everything that we had from the cheese board, the pate & ham board, to our main course (we chose a fish dish and a steak dish) were are very good. Desserts were so good that we plan on going back just for those! The main thing here is the bourbon with more selections than I have ever seen at a restaurant or bar! Including 3 various years of Pappy Van Winkle. We liked this place so much we went back for brunch the next day!! The also have a bourbon master on staff! What a great find in the heart of the city!!Special Features:
- Bank & Bourbon Overlooked on 12thWorthHavingVIPDined on 6/14/201412th & Market is not the hot happening corner for a new restaurant, but that's where Bank & Bourbon is located, in the lobby of Loew's Hotel. The night we dined here the bar in the lobby was rockin', a World Cup game was going on & the crowd was drinking, eating and cheering on Italy. The wall sized TV provided everyone in the lobby a great view of the game. We dined in the restaurant, which was 90% empty. That's sad because this place has a great menu, outstanding bar with the original cocktails and wonderful service. We ordered the cheese plate to start, it's really great. 5 local cheeses of note & great bread, crackers, spiced nuts & dried fruit to accompany it. A 32 oz steak was perfection. Great Service, try this place soon!Special Features:
- Good Food/noise level highTrentDined on 6/12/2014I stay at the Marriott across the street often and saw this restaurant took over this space. The exterior makes you think French Bistro. It wasn't. However the Lamb Trio dish I had was excellent. The oysters were also fresh (but you still can't beat buck a shuck at the Oyster House). It seems they want the ambiance to be a bit more upscale but the noise level didn't match. The place was loud even before the NBA play-off game started. Just seems like walls bounced the sound around. Service started out great but ended up very slow. It looked like my waitress was pulled into the lounge to help with the growing crowd to see the game on the hotels large (and I mean large) screen. Mgmt should have helped her cover her remaining tables.
- Great new restaurantBell8794Dined on 6/8/2014When you walk into Bank and Bourbon you are taken out of the hustle and bustle of the city and brought into a relaxing, rustic yet modern dining experience. Each and every person is so hospitable, they make you feel like you belong there. The seating is comfortable and the food is delicious. The Bank and Bourbon experience is not one to miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still working out some kinksTimFDined on 6/6/2014I'll preface this by saying that B&B has a lot of potential, and there's the possibility that my visit came on an off day. Overall everthing was good but not great. The service was a little spotty (such as the waiter not knowing if my sandwich came with fries or a salad or both) but was fine overall. I was a little disappointed with the ahi tuna sandwich and accompanying salad, but the menu has so many other options that I'm looking forward to going back and trying some more items.Special Features:
- Wonderful lunchElizanyVIPDined on 6/4/2014The burger (suggested by the waiter) was amazing and the butter is my new favorite thing to eat. The waiter was very knowledgeable and his suggestion for my meal was perfect (convincing and honest). I'll be back for sure.Special Features:
- disappointedjbpf23VIPDined on 5/31/2014Being in the area we decided to try this restaurant since their menu looked good. We both thought that the food was very good, but that did not make up for the poor service. We were seated, had water, bread and waited for a good 10 minutes before a waiter ever came over for a drink order. The menu was never explained, the waiter just came over and said what will you have. We received the wrong appetizer which was corrected by the runner, never saw the waiter. At dinners end we asked for the check, then the table next to us ordered drinks, the waiter took care of their drink order and forgot about our bill. At this point we just wanted to leave since the noise level at this restaurant is really high from the bar and lounge.Special Features:
- You have to go here!LumberJacksWifeDined on 5/31/2014Best dining experience we have had in Philly since moving here 3 years ago! The drinks were amazing, service was impeccable and the food was indescribably good!! Loved it all! Highly recommend for a date night out or get together with a group of friends :) if you love bourbon this is the place to go!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 77 reviews are from the Bank & Bourbon reviews archive.
- Just OkayKandCDined on 5/24/2014Food was okay at best; certainly not reflective of the price paid. Neat view as large windows face the street, but the walking traffic going by is a bit distracting.
- It is not about the foodRWoodBVIPDined on 5/24/2014The expansive bar dominates the space, one that has hard surfaces that cause the noise to be reflected all over, including the dining area. The food is no better than restaurant coffee shop fare, and the Pea perogies should be taken off the menu. A glass of wine should not cost as much as an entire bottle at a wine store. Only the friendly and attentive service made the dinner tolerable.