Bank & Bourbon
1200 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bank & Bourbon
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bankandbourbon.com/
- Phone: (215) 231-7300
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:30am
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sun - 9:30 - 2:00 A la carte menu
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Harkins
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Inherently american designed menus of your choice created by the talented culinary team of chef Harkins.
- Private Party Facilities: Bank and Bourbon offers private banquet areas for your enjoyment. Handling groups of 5 to 100 ppl.
- Private Party Contact: Besty Lyons 215-231-7345x
- Special Events: Come in Sunday - Friday from 5-7pm for Happy Hour. Enjoy small-bite food treats, and drink specials featuring signature cocktails. With special food and beverage combinations the happiest Happy Hour in Philadelphia.
A word from Bank & Bourbon
Bank & Bourbon provides an inherently American menu by celebrated Executive Chef Tom Harkins, that offers creative, seasonal interpretations of classic dishes - all in a comfortable, relaxed setting. Additionally Bank & Bourbon features an innovative barrel-aging program for house aged liquors and creative cocktails under the guidance of our experienced Bourbon Master. Located at the historic PSFS building.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bank & Bourbon reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (54)good for groups (47)vibrant bar scene (36)special occasion (31)great for lunch (22)romantic (18)hot spot (18)great for brunch (14)notable wine list (14)late-night find (13)neighborhood gem (11)scenic view (11)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Awesomely deliciousmace57Dined on 11/5/2014My friends and I chose this restaurant for a pre-theater dinner. Although it was quiet, maybe because it was a week night, we were seated immediately. The service was terrific and the waitress very friendly. We each tried something different for our entrees. The chicken dish was tender and tasty, the pork chop dish was as well and the salmon cooked perfectly. We shared dessert - warm and scrumptious doughnuts! Wonderful! Unfortunately, none of us are bourbon drinkers, so not able to comment on that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit was awesomeBruceinJerseyDined on 11/1/2014This is a place my wife and I would return to when visiting Philly. Everything was special from the awesome and extensive list of bourbons/ryes/whiskeys, to the great food (the short ribs and steaks were unreal!), and the service was top notch. Can't say enough about this gem located conveniently across from the convention center, across from the Marriott, and inside Loews hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Tasty Saturday BrunchRayRayDined on 11/1/2014Loved this spot. Wasnt sure what to expect with it being connected to a hotel, but this is a gem I will return to for weekend brunch whenever Im in Philly. The blueberry pancakes where exploding with blueberries! (Sam Rothstein would have no complaints LOL) Service was amazeballs and they served the food on these nostalgic plates that made me think my Grandmother made me hot, delicious Saturday breakfast.Special Features:
- Bank on good foodDrLarryVIPDined on 10/20/2014Although my experience the first time with my waitress was less than optimal, the food was great, none-the-less. The Bourbon list is extensive. On my second visit, a different wait person was much better, improving the overall experience.Special Features:
- Excellent findannSIDined on 10/17/2014Doesn't look like much from the outside but an excellent dining experience. Spinach salad to die for. Whole Bronzino impeccable.Special Features:
- "Hidden" GemLaContessa17VIPDined on 10/17/2014Made the reservation based on reviews & was delighted by the innovative menu, great food, and incredibly friendly service. Because it is located in the Loew's hotel at 12th & Market, away from the bustle of mid-town village, it seems to draw more hotel guests than locals. (In fact, the staff repeatedly expressed thanks to us for making the trip from the Main Line!) The food & service warrant any Philadelphian to walk a few blocks over & try this restaurant, and I would certainly get in the car again! (Don't understand my fellow suburbanites' reluctance to ever travel for good food!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JcatVIPDined on 10/17/2014Looking for a spot to grab dinner prior to an album release party at the hard rock...this was a great find. Even better...we enjoy bourbon. Let me start with the service...it was fantastic. If only I could remember our waiters name. He was very knowledgeable, had great energy, and made the overall experience. Oysters and other small plates were very good, pork chop entree was good as well. Did I mention the service! Oh yeah...bourbon is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- in the Lowes Hotel!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/16/2014Another overpriced hotel restaurant. Don't get me wrong, its beautiful. And being in the city does add its own price tag, but if this was a stand alone restaurant I don't think it could getvaway with the pricing compared to other good Philly restaurants. Bar list was good. Cheese platter was aweome. My steak was overcooked, which should not happen for $34. The server didn't come back to ask us about our meal till we were done and when I told him my steak was overcooked, he told me I should have told him. I would have, if he came to check on our meals. Then he does nothing else about it. The ice cream sandwiches were good. Hard to share since you get 3 and can't easily cut. But I'm just being picky now. Good for conference attendeesSpecial Features:
- What a disappointment!JDellVIPDined on 10/11/2014I was completely disappointed with this restaurant, first of all, we were asked to wait 10 minutes after our reservation time. Normally this won't be an issue if the restaurant was full, but there was about 10 open tables. It then took 15 minutes for the server just to come greet us, our first appetizer didn't arrive until to the table until 55 minutes of sitting down. Overall the meal took over 2 hours, no apologies for the server nor manager. Definitely won't return nor recommend this place. It's a shame because it's a great location and beautiful ambiance.
- Pleasingly Surprised!MarriedAChefVIPDined on 10/9/2014We love Loews, and we loved Sole Food. However, the layout, renovations, and overall facelift made Bank and Bourbon amazing! We will be back! And will be bringing friends. We got married here 2.5 years ago and will love to celebrate our anniversary here! Fantastic food and wonderful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loud and limited vegetarian optionsWestUDinerDined on 10/8/2014The food was terrific, but the vegetarian options were limited for my friend. Her swiss chard peirogies came with prosciutto draped over the top. Also, we were seated very close to the bar on a busy night, so it was too loud to communicate effectively with anyone, including the attentive waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in PhillyViankaVIPDined on 10/5/2014Really loved the cocktail and food presentation. We had an awesome server, Jose...super cool and attentive. Made the experience a lot nicer. Will be back!Special Features:
- COnvenient to the sights!GdudeDined on 10/4/2014We were skeptical of eating at a hotel restaurant; however, Bank& Bourbon changed that quickly. A well-designed gourmet menu provided great-tasting food - once for dinner and a second visit for brunch! Contrary to some negative reviews, we gave B &B a try and would recommend it as well as return next time we're in Central Philly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieGFoodieGDined on 10/2/2014Sexy environment with outstanding food, including unique offerings. Simple ingredients used creativelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bourbon DelightmaestrobrDined on 10/2/2014I has the priviledge of talking Bourbon with their Bourbon Master Brian, who knew a great deal about bourbons, including ones they don't carry. He was a wealth of knowledge and peaked my interest so much, I went home looking up books on bourbon. I will definitely be back soon. Food was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a Great SpotHonestEaterDined on 10/1/2014Food quality, taste, & presentation all great! Service professional & upbeat. Portions were a bit disappointing--I had the yellowtail starter & lamb plate and left hungry. Either put in more food or adjust the prices. Great experience, but not a great value. Also, maybe servers could ask if guests prefer butter or olive oil with bread before serving bread. We just got hard butter. I would come back 1 more time, but if the portions/value do not change, that would be it.Special Features:
- Bank & BourbonOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/30/2014Business dinner at Bank & Bourbon. Food was exceptional and the space was attractive and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014After reading some mixed reviews, I was pleasantly surprised by the excellent experience we had at Bank and Bourbon. The ambiance is really fun--you feel like you're in a fishbowl watching the vibrant world at 12th and Market scurry by around you. Inside, the music was hip, the cocktails were as good as I expected, and the food was better than other reviews led me to believe it would be. I'm an avid home cook, so I'm picky about what I will pay for in restaurants, and I never once regretted paying for a dish here--they were all excellent, though the Swiss chard perogies won the prize. The service was crisp, if slightly less quirky than I've come to expect from Philly restaurants. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingPatsyDined on 9/27/2014Very nice restaurant with friendly, knowledgable staff. Had a great cocktail, the "northeast regional" that I plan on having again. The food was well prepared (we had the chicken and salmon) and the carrot app was fantastic. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, OK foodLisacDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I found that the service was wonderful. They were trying really hard to make it a positive experience, unfortunately the food was a little lacking. I had the filet; I had ordered it medium and half of it was over cooked (medium-well). The flavor was fine, but nothing great. My husband had fish that was also OK, but a little dry. They had some cute private rooms that would be nice for a party.Special Features:
- Bourbon FlightsHungryVIPDined on 9/20/2014We stopped in for an early dinner before the theater on a Saturday night. It was quiet and pretty empty. Food was very good. Service attentive and responsive. Drinks were great. We will return.
- WONDERFUL & DELICIOUS!FoodieSnobDined on 9/19/2014My mom and I had dinner here to celebrate her birthday. The food was DELICIOUS! The service was STELLAR! I had given the heads up that we would be there for her birthday when I made the reservation. The staff was extremely attentive and made sure to make my mom feel extra special. I can't thank them all enough for making the evening extraordinary! The food was beyond exceptional. I'm still licking my lips in memory of the foie gras and fig jam. YUM! This is my new favorite spot in the City!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeStabsdDined on 9/19/2014We liked it here. Service was great, good selection of cocktails and wine. Food was good, especially enjoyed the apps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedChrissypics215Dined on 9/19/2014The décor is wonderful. The food however was unimpressive, wait staff lacked energy and urgency. At 2 in the afternoon, the restaurant was nearly empty, yet service was slow. The steak was dry. We ordered oysters as an appetizer and they were horrible - we sent them back. Very disappointed in what looked to be a very nice restaurant. I am rarely completely disappointed in a restaurant, but I will definitely never go there again, nor would I recommend it for anyone else.Special Features:
- Bank and BourbonChristinaDined on 9/17/2014Great depth of cocktails, hot spot for people watching, notable items on menu include bourbon flight and the baked chicken entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good OptionYohansDined on 9/16/2014Banks and Bourbon is a good option for lunch. I actually went during restaurant week and really enjoyed it. My meal and the service were great! Will definitely try them again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bank and bourbon1psuVIPDined on 9/15/2014restaurant week menu was extremely limited; however, the food was very good. great selection of bourbons and ryes.Special Features:
- This was not a good a good choice.AlwaysinarestaurantDined on 9/15/2014Two friends were with me and they picked the chicken sandwich. Neither was pleased and when management asked about the food, both told them how disappointed they were. I chose the flank steak, asked for it medium and it was mostly well done, but I ate it anyway. There was no flavor or excitement about the menu. I was the only one that had to pay for her lunch.Special Features:
- Great ServiceGJR715Dined on 9/15/2014the service was impeccable through every course and making sure the drinks were always filled to the brim.Special Features:
- Second time aroundElizanyVIPDined on 9/15/2014I enjoyed my lunch. Visited for Restaurant Week. Nice menu selection. Got the salad and steak at the waitresses suggestion and both were very good. Love the butter and the fries. The German chocolate cake was yummy but there was some confusion and the waitress forgot to bring it out. We paid and were leaving when I realized it and asked for it to go. Not sure how that happened but she fixed it promptly and all was right with the world.Special Features:
- BoozeDonatoDined on 9/12/2014Good booze, good food, good fun. Get the taste of ham.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive!JessicaDined on 9/12/2014Went here for restaurant week and the food was out of this world! Potato soup was rich and buttery, corn and pea salad flavorful, trout broiled to perfection and the Brussels sprouts were maybe the best I have ever had. The goat cheese parfait was creamy and light. Really terrific meal. Only complaint was that the bread crust was so hard it cut my mouth up! But the goat butter helped.Special Features:
- Great new place!Ophelia61Dined on 9/12/2014I love the Lowes hotel, and remember Sole Food as slightly overpriced, but wonderful. Bank and Bourbon is now in that spot, and, if my opinion counts for anything, this is a marvelous upgrade! The space is very hip, but also very warm and inviting. The food was delicious, and, perhaps it was just due to restaurant week, but the price here didn't cause me any grief (maybe because I'm older now too!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Dining ExperiencePumpkinDined on 9/10/2014This was our first experience dining a Bank & Bourbon and we decided to do the Restaurant Week Lunch. Everything that we had to eat was delicious; however, we noticed that there appeared to be an issue with lack of servers on the day that we were there. The incorrect entrée was brought out to us; and we noticed that what we had ordered was almost served to the table next to us. Of course, that being the first time that it happened, we wouldn't let that hold us back from enjoying this restaurant again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulphillyfoodieDined on 9/8/2014Outstanding service. Exceptional food. Visited for restaurant week, and the delivery was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome bourbonpgtarheelDined on 9/4/2014The food was pretty decent, but the bourbon drinks are amazing. The wine is okay. I think this is a great place for food and especially drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Return!!!GinaDined on 9/4/2014I was really impressed. I haven't had such service since I stayed at Lowes in Miami Beach. The waitstaff was impeccable. I felt welcomed and special. The Manager and other staff really made us feel welcome. I will bring all of my friends here for special occasions or just when I want to feel pampered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the Bourbon!RobSVIPDined on 9/2/2014Bourbon selection, amazing. Food choices, okay. The food was okay, we feel the menu lacks a depth that would keep us coming back. This is the place we'd start out with for cocktails and drinks, then move on to another place for dinner. Hoping they can get a better menu in place, we'll keep watching them.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/24/2014Our waiter was extremely accommodating and helpful. Great level of service.Special Features:
- Great Service and Bourbon KnowledgeGoodDougDined on 8/22/2014The key to Bank & Bourbon is its service staff and the bourbon master. Yes, the place has a cool feel to it, mixing chic furniture and fabrics with some wooden box displays on the wall. Yes, it is romantic. But more than anything, I will go back because they had great service and really knew their bourbon. The bourbon master asked me some questions about preferences and found great selections to try. Nothing more satisfying than a great steak and a flight of hand selected bourbons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.