Bangles Indian Cuisine
889 East Lancaster Ave
Downingtown, PA 19335Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Bangles Indian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.banglesindiancuisine.com/
- Phone: 6102699600x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Thursday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Friday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
Friday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian, Contemporary Indian, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Dhirendran Paulraj
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Bangles Indian Cuisine
Bangles Indian Cuisine, located in Ashbridge Plaza in Downingtown, PA, serves Northern and Southern Indian cuisine with an emphasis on the finest, seasonal ingredients. Our menu features a surprising, modern twist on traditional Indian dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Bangles Indian Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Downingtown ›
Bangles Indian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (18)special occasion (15)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (8)romantic (8)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great Indian Food!esschVIPDined on 8/16/2014Choices of Southern and Northern selections. Corn and Curry Soup was excellent as were the goat and lamb entrees. Will be going back frequently to try other menu items. Best Indian restaurant in Chester County in our searches...Special Features:
- Great food, but expensive and pickyluv2dineDined on 8/8/2014We visited Bangles for an early dinner on 2 occasions (Friday & Tuesday evening). Our aim was to try out various menu items. The ambience was nice but the restaurant was very empty. It was surprising since the food (although very spicy!), presentation and service was very good. We soon realized it was because of the cost of food. The pricing for most items was ok as they are aiming to be a high end gourmet eatery. However, its the little things that bothered to us. We asked for lemon for water and were given 4 pieces & charged 50 cents for it. The soda cost $3, came in a 6 ounce cup with no ice. When asked they said thats the policy. The food was consistent both times, but not worth the $70 charge for 2 adults and 1 child!Special Features:
- Tell your friends, but not everyoneRaymondDined on 8/5/2014This was our first time here, but certainly not the last. My wife is South Indian and so we know good food from Tamil Nadu and Kerala when we taste it. The Lamb Pepper Fry was literally the best tasting, most tender lamb I've ever had. The Hyderbadi chicken biryani was excellent - very good flavor and just the right amount of heat. Invite others so we can support this wonderful restaurant. Just don't tell everyone!Special Features:
- Fantastic and FlavorfulFoodieFamilyDined on 7/25/2014The restaurant is beautifully decorated. The menu has a nice variety of northern and southern Indian cuisine. The service was a little off for us, but not sure if that was because we had an early reservation and the restaurant hadn't picked up yet. The food was A-mazing! The Lamb Pepper Fry beautifully fell apart on the fork, and the lemon rice was the perfect complement to the bold flavor of the lamb. The Cheese Dosa was like Indian comfort food. Dip the crispy cheesey crepe in the zippy veggie soup and sauces. If you like it hot, the chicken Tikka will light your mouth on fire in a good way! It's BYOB, so bring a Victory growler or stop in to the State store a few stores down on your way. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choiceCurryLoverDined on 7/22/2014Food was spectacular! Server was kind and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Undiscovered gem in strip mallJoyousgardDined on 7/6/2014A little tricky to find tucked away in a corner of the Ashbridge Plaza, the interior is not what one expects next to ChuckeeCheese. At 5;30 on a Sunday, my friend & I were the only diners. I hope traffic picked up as the evening went on. Attention has been paid to every detail. A toothsome combination of north & south Indian cuisine. My friend had trouble with even the most lightly spiced dishes, but she is an admitted 'heat-phone.' Definitely worth a return visit with a different friend. Bangle deserves every success. BYO, yes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food-reasonable pricesRichSPhillyDined on 6/21/2014Fantastic dining experience. As a party of four, we ordered almost a dozen choices as it was our first visit. Everything was extremely flavorful and beautifully presented. Waitstaff eager to help and attentive. Can't say enough positive things about Bangles other than we will be back and have already recommended the restaurant to all of our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bangles is an Indian gem.NewfoodieDined on 6/21/2014Our group of 6 descended on Bangles looking for a night of authentic Indian food and dining experience. We received that and more. The food was exceptional. The manager encouraged us to eat with our hands explaining the connection between body and health in Indian culture. We selected items from the chef's tasting menu and then shared them around the table. As the manager said, "tare and share." Perfect. It was a lovely evening for the whole family.Special Features:
- WOWWaltaDined on 6/19/2014Finally a superb Indian restaurant in Downingtown! Amazing service, delicious food, beautiful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Amazing!lovetoeatVIPDined on 6/13/2014What a find! Bangles has what it takes ~ excellent food and service. I was pleasantly surprised when our server appeared at our table with a smile and knowledge. Two things I typically don't find when I go an Indian restaurant. Maddie knew the menu, knew the food and made suggestions about good things to try since it was our first trip. There was so much I wanted to order. I can't wait to go back and I hope you find your way there and support this restaurant. They are up to something wonderful!!Special Features:
- Bangles foodLala28Dined on 5/29/2014The best Indian food that I have tasted and it tasted like home cooked food .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The India you do not knowOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/24/2014Southern India cooking is different and well worth trying. Yes, some of the menu items at Bangles are traditional, but many are not. Be prepared for the assertive use of spices. The Dahi Vada is subtle and beautiful. The lamb pepper fry is incendiary. The curried goat (with bones) provides slow, careful eating with huge flavor and succulent tender morsels - much superior to lamb. There are many good Indian restaurants in the area. This one should be tried.Special Features:
- Delighted with this new restaurant!lamalladyDined on 5/18/2014We dined here with our daughter, an Indian cuisine afficianado. Freindly, prompt service. Lovely decor. Many Indian families were dining here. Every dish was delicious. We had an appetizer to share, three main dishes, naan, and dessert. Love that it is BYOB.Special Features:
- Delicious, as usualDreamingofNYCDined on 5/16/2014Upscale, authentic Indian cuisine, at a great price! Owners are very friendly and excited about what they do. We loved it at Bangles and continue to go back!Special Features:
- Fabulous Indian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014We have now been to Bangles twice. The first time was an experiment. The second time we took out of town guests who love Indian food. If possible, we were even more impressed the second time than the first. Our guests, who have traveled to India, were wowed by the food at Bangles. We're now looking forward to trying a lunch Thali. We would like to encourage others to try this special place and give it the support it deserves.Special Features:
- Great new Indian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014I read about Bangles and finally made the pilgrimage last Saturday evening. It was well worth the effort. My husband and I frequent Indian restaurants and Bangles is by far the best we've experienced in the Philadelphia area. Traditional dishes were prepared with very fresh ingredients which made them sing. In addition, there were some great new taste treats, especially the roasted fennel curry leaf soup and the coconut and fennel flan. We're already planning our next visit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/2/2014The western Philadelphia suburbs have been good hunting for Indian food lovers for sometime. It just got better...lots better. The decor is corporate cafeteria, but the food (and service) are not, at all. Palak Paneer, my personal measure of every Indian kitchen, was outstanding, richly spiced spinach with tender-chewy cheese cubes. The lamb pepper fry (not a very Indian name) was aggressive, but not overly spice hot. Portions are for sharing. The local servers were attentive and very helpful. Give it a try!Special Features:
- Great findEmbreemoDined on 4/26/2014We were seated right away in this big space. Well decorated. Good server. He was very helpful with descriptions of dishes. They were out of the listed special (goat) but the server recommended the lamb dish instead. It was very good, but quite spicy! My dates dish (chicken in a tomato and youghurt sauce) was wonderful! Well spiced but not too hot. I look forward to returning!Special Features:
- Great Indian Restaurantsoccerbj1171Dined on 4/25/2014My wife and I have now been to Bangles twice in the past month. Both times we had quality food, great service, and a nice environment for dinner. The food is authentic Indian food with fresh ingredients and aromatic spices. Besides the food, the wait staff is knowledgeable, friendly, and eager to serve. Finally, the restaurant is BYOB and doesn't charge a cork fee. I highly recommend Bangles.Special Features:
- The following 8 reviews are from the Bangles Indian Cuisine reviews archive.
- Amazing and authenticMattDined on 4/19/2014Delicious food, great service, and amazing options with every dish. My girlfriend and I really enjoyed and definitely will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014Great Indian Food. Excellent Service. Very nice atmosphere. Must like spicy food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little to spicyDaveBDined on 4/11/2014They told us up front it was spicy and most dishes could not be adjusted. I thought mine was great but I love spice and heat but the wifes had difficulty and said they would not be going back.
- New restaurant in DowningtownBLKcustomerDined on 4/5/2014This new Indian restaurant is a great addition to the restaurants in Downingtown. The cuisine is Southern Indian so different from the other Indian restaurants that I have eaten. The food was excellent. The service was not the best but they were trying. The restaurant just opened 5 weeks earlier so they are trying to fine tune things. I would definitely recommend (and already have ) this to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We needed thisOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/4/2014The area needed an upscale Indian restaurant. The food is slightly different than you will find in most typical Indian restaurants, and that is a good thing. It is high quality, interesting cuisine. The service we had was excellent in directing us towards different dishes and attentive. The atmosphere is pleasant as well. Well worth the visit!Special Features:
- Great Indian FoodLala28Dined on 3/15/2014I told my friends to go there for dinner and I told them that was so good . They loved the food and they also loved to eat Indian food .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome indian food in DowningtownHunipiVIPDined on 3/9/2014What a great addition to Downingtown!! I love Indian food and this was great. Free popadoms and chutney is a great start. The vegetable pakora wasnt really what I think of when I think pakora but the light battered potato and squash had good flavor. The Madras fish curry was a little too spicy for my husbands taste but it was delicious and complex. The Murgh Makhani was also really really good. I'm used to eating family style in Indian restaurants and ordering rice and breads to share rather than having them come on the plate with my curry but that's a small thing and not really a complaint. Overall very very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best South Indian FoodLala28Dined on 3/8/2014The presentation of the food was amazing . The food was really good and delicious . I would highly recommend bangles to everyone who wants to try Indian food or who loves to eat Indian food .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.