606 Santa Monica Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90401Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bangkokwestthaicuisine.com/
- Phone: 310-395-9658
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Thai, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Wasana Pisaikun ( famous from Thailand)
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bangkok West
In Thailand, there is one word that encompasses all of the joys good food, good friends, and a good atmosphere offer. SANUK. SANUK roughly translates to have good time is to have good food. We strive to have every guest in our restaurant to experience SANUK! Enjoying the wonderful tastes and experiencing the beauty of truly good food is one of our life passions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Bangkok West - Best Restaurants in Santa Monica ›
Bangkok West reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (5)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (3)romantic (3)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Fantastic Thai CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Made the mistake of ordering too much food, but the food that I did manage to eat was authentic and tasty. Will definitely return on my next trip to CaliSpecial Features:
- Not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Went here on recommendation of LA Times. Food was so so, but even worse, there were kids everywhere crying. Would not go back. Limited bar menu. Lightly fried Dover Sole came out like a brick. I rarely write a review, but I would hate for someone to go here for a special occasion.
- TastyPhSoDined on 8/17/2014Real good food, tasty and spicy. Short but pleasant wine list. Deception with the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful Thai foodAzemaDined on 8/16/2014This is a small and elegant restaurant with delicious food. The service could not be more refined and accommodating.Special Features:
- MissWonderful1Dined on 8/15/2014An intimate, small restaurant with beautiful décor, including gilt Thai headdresses as wall art, and crystal chandeliers - very classy. Food was excellent, well prepared and a very nice presentation. A charming local Thai restaurant with good food.Special Features:
- foodempressVIPDined on 8/15/2014the pad tai was delicious and the whole fried fish was marvelous!Special Features:
- not impressedPalieatsDined on 8/4/2014we decided to try a new Thai place so I googled yelp and this came up as on of the best in Santa Monica. The fried shrimp appetizer was so skinny I couldn't find the shrimp inside the wonton- that was rolled intend of folded as it should be. So it was a mouth full of stale tried oil! The needles were fine, nothing special. The chicken curry sauce was good, but the three pieces of very dry chicken was hard to get down. will not return. The best part was the friendly attentive service.One glass of Prisoner wine was &26.00 !!! just stop it!Special Features:
- clean, fresh Thai foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2014I loved that the tofu stir fry was so tasty yet not oily. The green curry was the same, very flavorful but not heavy.
- Consistently very goodpatsyDined on 6/1/2014upscale Thai which is a little more expensive but well worth the price. The duck with spinach is the crispiest duck ever and the pad thai is wonderful. Their appetizer are great also.Special Features:
- Exceeded Expectations!RoxieDined on 5/17/2014I was looking for a restaurant in Santa Monica to celebrate our daughter's 22nd birthday (just the 3 of us) and this was perfect! The décor is understated but classy/fun and everything we ate was delicious--not a morsel was left on any plate. Our daughter had spent a week in Thailand last summer and we have enjoyed Thai food for years, but this was one of the best Thai restaurants any of us has been to. In addition to the food, the service was friendly and attentive, displaying good teamwork.Special Features:
- The following 124 reviews are from the Bangkok West reviews archive.
- slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014We sat down for over 10min before anyone give us water. Not to mention how long we have to wait to have the waitress refill our glasses..
- Upscale ThaiAcuteWatcherDined on 5/3/2014Friendly, accommodating staff. Good seasoning and combination of flavors. The Five Flavors of Food were recognizable easily. Could improve on food preparation. Some ingredients were too tough to chew. Appreciated special treatment for my father for his 91st birthday. Impressive decor.Special Features:
- Two Thumbs UpAVMBDined on 5/2/2014It was my first time coming to the restaurant on a Friday evening and it met all my expectations. The service was excellent and the ambience was great. We had egg rolls for an appetizer and a mild chicken and Thai chicken rice dish for dinner. It was delicious. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable food and serviceEvanDined on 3/8/2014Enjoyed every moment. The food was excellent, the Service- attentively amazing and the Chef is unusually talented... Loved it!Special Features:
- GoodMichaelDined on 2/4/2014Was not as good as expected, after having been recommended by UCLA professor. The beef was VERY chewy.Special Features:
- Thai Gem in Santa Monica...FullpaletteDined on 11/14/2013Moderate prices, elegant decor, Freshly made food.... If you go early it is quiet and allows for a Pleasant conversational dining experience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious ThaiSatniteDined on 10/26/2013Good Thai only 3 blocks from the Promenade and free street parking after 6pm. The service was attentive and friendly. We got the Bangkok rolls which were very fresh on a plate with swirled sweet and sour sauce. We also got the Pad Thai and Panang Curry with Chicken. These are the two dishes I use to rate any Thai restaurant. I'm glad to say they delivered. The portions were good and the curry wasn't greasy. Very nice flavor with a little kick. The Pad Thai came with chicken and shrimp. I wish there was more shrimp and maybe a bit more flavor from the noodles but still quite good. That food along with 2 Singhas, 1 glass of wine and a lemonade came to around $65. Not bad for Santa Monica. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful..TamarDined on 10/16/2013The food was very good and the service was fast and friendly...Special Features:
- Good and fresh Thai foodWhatisthisVIPDined on 9/28/2013If you want spicy you should probably ask for Thai-spicy otherwise their spicy dishes are not spicy at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very Thai.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/16/2013This Thai food was very disappointing. It was weakly seasoned and not very spicy. The chicken dish had dry, hard cardboard like chicken. I will not return.
- i'd go back againVickivDined on 9/14/2013Really good food, exceptional service, and a little bit pricey for the food. However, given it is Santa Monica, the rent may be a bit high hence the price. It's been a long time since I had such attentive service. Someone always had an eye on our table and seemed to read our mind about what we wanted. Never did we need to ask for anything. I definitely would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Thai for a special occasionnunodsDined on 9/1/2013Bangkok West will never be one of the coolest hangouts in town, but that wasn't what I was looking for anyway. This restaurant is all about great Thai food. From the appetizers to the main course everything was just delicious. And the Pad Thai is just sublime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Thai - Local FavoriteFoodie888Dined on 7/13/2013We were introduced to this place months ago but just now make this review after 3 visits. We have many favorite places in West LA and this is one of them. The place is clean and the service is great and friendly. The food is some of the best Thai around. Their prik king with chicken is my favorite. Their Bangkok rolls are clean and the sauce amazing. While I have not ventured into the catfish or the seafood soups, every time we go we see someone eating that. Last time, our table neighbor had it so we asked and she said it was great. The servers are super friendly as well. Parking can be a challenge if you opt not to pay for valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good foodSantaMonicafoodie26Dined on 6/14/2013Fresh tasting, delicious, moderately Americanized Thai food. I've been fortunate - the food here has always been very good, although I've heard otherwise from friends. It's the neighborhood restaurant that I visit the most often - reasonably priced, fresh ingredients, tasty, adjustable heat. For the real thing I go to Hollywood or the Valley where the dishes seem much more authentic and unusual, but that's certainly not five minutes from my house.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations Not NeededOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/14/2013It's a quiet spot, but the Pad Thai is SO good. It was just what I was craving. A perfect little neighborhood spot.Special Features:
- Pretty good non greasy food.NewMamaVIPDined on 4/24/2013Pretty good non greasy food. Nice but relaxed on time service so was parched often. Beware dishes don't come with rice, each 1 c is $2.25 :)
- Amazing curry!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/21/2013My new favorite Thai restaurant in LA. Oh my god it's awesome. Started with a bowl of Tom Yum Chicken soup and the broth was very flavorful, had a decent kick, and the chicken pieces were good quality and not overcooked. I finally had a spicy red curry that was as good as I was hoping it would be. Not watery at all, super flavorful, and a great level of heat. It blew my mind! Absolutely coming back here for sure.Special Features:
- Terrific Thai in Santa MonicaOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/15/2013Pleasant atmosphere, very nice menu and the food was fantastic and very fresh tasting using minimum of oil. A definite go-back.Special Features:
- Dependably deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013If you want a quiet restaurant with dependably delicious food and gentle Thai service, then this should be on your list. I've been going here for years and it is always good.Special Features:
- Super cheap- hubbie and IOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/31/2013Super cheap- hubbie and I only paid $70 for dinner for two and two glasses of wine! Very friendly, easy to eat soy-free and gluten-free and simple to book a reservation for right away.
- OK place to grab an informalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/27/2013OK place to grab an informal Thai meal but nothing special.
- We have eaten before and enjoyedmaliburonVIPDined on 3/16/2013We have eaten before and enjoyed it...this time however they were not prepared for a full house...Everything lagged behind...even the food came out as if it had been setting in kitchen for some time...it had cooled off and seafood is not very good once its been delivered luke warm. We set with our menus waiting to order for 25 minutes...not a good evening.
- Good location. Nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/27/2013Good location. Nice restaurant but the food is a bit sweet, not authentic.
- Excellent restaurant overall.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/23/2013Excellent restaurant overall. Dinner service on weekend very slow, but the food is great, so it's worth the wait.Special Features:
- As always, very fine ThaiDelReyDinerVIPDined on 2/14/2013As always, very fine Thai food in an elegant setting.Special Features:
- Went for Valentine's day.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2013Went for Valentine's day. Nicer ambience than most other Thai restaurants we have been to. The food was very good. The restaurant was not that busy, but the service could have been better. Seemed slow for a restaurant not very busy. Other than that, I would highly recommend this place.
- The food is absolutely delicious!nerdymangoVIPDined on 2/1/2013The food is absolutely delicious! Some of the best Thai I've had. I love the pad see ew and the tom ka as staples, but I have never had a dish here that I didn't like.Special Features:
- If you are in this Santa MonicaSandyjkVIPDined on 1/11/2013If you are in this Santa Monica neighborhood craving Thai food this is the place. They are very welcoming, the food is delicious and served nicely and quickly, and there are interesting dishes on this extensive menu. The veggie cakes on the appetizer list are a good dish to start your meal.Special Features:
- Expensive restaurant - low valueOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/7/2013We were not impressed by that restaurant. Decor is nice. Food was ok nothing special and the restaurant was expensive. Low value
- Great lunch place - you haveOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/27/2012Great lunch place - you have to try the Bangkok Rolls and Shrimp Pad Thai! So great!Special Features: