Bangkok Thai on Main
605 Main St.
Park City, UT 84060Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Bangkok Thai on Main
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bangkokthaionmain.com/
- Phone: 4356498424
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian
- Executive Chef: Sinlap Vongsay
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Bangkok Thai on Main caters for parties large and small. Please call for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Bangkok Thai on Main is available for private parties of up to 100 guests. Please call for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Keith Chan 8019188424
A word from Bangkok Thai on Main
Bangkok Thai on Main is located on historic Main Street and have been serving Park City for 17 years with Executive Chef Sinlap Vongsay at the helm from the very beginning. We offer a finely balanced menu of authentic Thai flavors of savory and spicy, tender and crispy, light and rich in perfect harmony, accompanied by a wine list dedicated to the delicate flavors of Thai cuisine. Bangkok Thai on Main has been awarded Utah Best of State Asian/Pacific Fine Dining for our cuisine and have also won Wine Spectator Magazine’s Best of Award of Excellence for having one of the best wine lists in Utah. Our kitchen prepares clean, classical Royal Thai and Thai inspired dishes like Lobster and Mango Spring Roll, Three Flavor Sea Bass, Honey Ginger Duck and Rack of Lamb with Soy Bean Sauce. Order from our a la carte menu or partake in our Signature Tasting Menu with accompanying wine pairings. For lighter fare, join us in our Club Monsoon bar where we serve up small plates and a full bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bangkok Thai on Main reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (9)fit for foodies (7)romantic (7)special occasion (7)good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (6)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Good food, poor service and priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We made a reservation at 7 and when we got there we were told a lot of people came before us so it would be 15 min wait. We waited in the bar for 25 min and I checked on our table. They said maybe 10 more minutes. I was just wondering what was the point of making a reservation? Total of 45 minutes later we sat down. I know it's a holiday weekend but they should have staffed it better. They didn't even offer a compensation like a free drink or dessert. The bill was expensive and probably won't go there again. I can get good Thai other places
- Quiet evening for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We enjoyed the food, the atmosphere and the service was excellent. We had Pad Khing and Pad Thai.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but really enjoyed itGudFudDined on 8/29/2014Friends invited us to dinner at Bangkok Thai. Like all Park City restaurants, it's pretty expensive. Maybe a little more than the average and that's the main reason for one less star. The food was great, portions generous, ambiance nice and the waiter competent and friendly. Some of the other staff seemed to be a little less familiar with the do's and don'ts of making guests feel welcome. There were not a lot of people that evening, so five of us were able to have a pleasant conversation. If crowded, it might be kind of noisy, but hard to say without actually trying it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will returnKathyMDined on 8/8/2014Wait staff was very friendly. Wine list was great, very extensive. Calamari appetizer was delicious.Special Features:
- Terrific!pinoak6Dined on 8/4/2014We have been visiting Park City for the last ten years both in the summer time and the winter time. Each time we visit we make sure to eat at the Bangkok Thai on Main. This restaurant never disappoints us!Special Features:
- bocaladyDined on 7/21/2014I always eat at Bangkok Thai on Main St each time I come to Park City. Always fabulous food, service and quiet atmosphere. Since it was summer this time, we ate outside on the patio on Main St and enjoyed the fabulous surroundings, weather and food.Special Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014The food was excellent Our waiter was very cordial pleasant It took an extraordinary long time from ordering to delivering to table but once there was great I did not appreciate being charged an extra 8.00 for brown rice ( for two) that's a little ridiculous for an up chargeSpecial Features:
- Who knows how this food isPegBDined on 7/10/2014After being seated promptly, and at 10 minutes asking the busboy (we thought he might also be a waiter) if he could take our order, he said no he couldn't. We waited another 10 minutes before getting up and asking someone if they could please take our drinks order. At the 30 minute mark, we decided this was not for us and left. Too bad, menu looked great.
- Savor the SunmitDatenightsDined on 6/21/2014Had a blast at Savor the Summit! Our server Bart took amazing care of our groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014If you like Thai food this is the best in Park City. I really enjoy eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 207 reviews are from the Bangkok Thai on Main reviews archive.
- Cozy, romantic, expensiveTertheBerDined on 5/2/2014If you are willing to pay $30 a plate, this is a delicious, romantic choice. The peanut sauce is to DIE for. It was so yummy. This place has wonderful Thai food. There are options from $18 a plate and up too. So it's not incredibly expensive, especially for Park City. Very good food, and a pretty atmosphere.Special Features:
- DeliciousoutnaboutVIPDined on 4/27/2014I love the food at Bangkok Thai. And Emily gave us wonderful service. The restaurant had only a few patrons tho. I always enjoy the food here! The only drawback is the service is usually poor. So if you can enjoy it during mud season when things are slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai food GreatnessThaifoodloverDined on 3/24/2014Having spent much time in Thailand, it was very satisfying to find a restaurant in America that did justice to the words Thai Food. Whilst not 100% true Thai, the adaptations, were very worthy. We loved it so much, we are going to try and go back, even though we are here only for the week. The Tom Yum Goong was divine, and the Seabass, recommended by our server, was to die for. My hard to please, picky eater, loved the Phad se Yiew. My husband was impressed with the wine list, and the wine we had with dinner was superb. If you enjoy real Thai food, please try Bangkok Thai on Main.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time At Bangkok Thai on MainJuicyDined on 3/21/2014Bangkok Thai on Main is an excellent dining location. The food is consistently excellent. It is my favorite Thai restaurant. It has an extensive wine list with a beautiful exposed wine cellar. The servers and staff are always pleasant and accommodating. This restaurant is a gem.Special Features:
- Only if you're desparateMookieNYCVIPDined on 3/18/2014By any standards of decent Thai food (New York, LA, San Fran) this place is less than mediocre. All standard fare recipes but made poorly, with way too much sugar in every dish, no spice or heat to the curry, and bland soups. Worst of all the host was so rude we almost walked out. We made a reservation for 730 but when we arrived he told us there was a 30 min wait. When I pointed to all the empty tables he told us they were "for people who made reservations." Huh??? We ended up eating in the bar area which had no atmosphere but at least we got service. All Park City restaurants are overpriced but dinner for four at a lousy Thai place shouldn't be $110 with no alcohol. I would never go back to this place.
- worked in a pinchwinoDined on 3/15/2014On a very busy nigh in Park City, we were able to get reservations for 8 fairly last minute. Hostess and servers did a nice job accommodating us. Our overall experience was good, but there were some short comings: it was difficult for the table to communicate from one end to the other over the noise level; food portions were plentiful and the food was good- not great; lastly it was a little pricey, but we were in downtown Park City. Hope that helpsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Park City Main StreetParkcityjeffDined on 3/14/2014Nice lively spot on main street. However, it is down stars so no people on main street watching while dinning. The soups are excellent.Special Features:
- Never disappointsEricBDined on 3/13/2014We've been here several times over the years while on vacation. The food and service are always excellent! Try the duck!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Thai food althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/11/2014Excellent Thai food although more expensive than average. They have an award winning wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, the food is quitePcfoodDined on 3/9/2014Overall, the food is quite good. Three flavor fish is worth getting. Prices are higher than usual for Thai food, but par for the course for Park City Main Street dining. One of the best wine lists around. I enjoy eating here, especially in the off season when 2 for 1 coupons are available. Their standard is not too spicy, but they will up the spice level on request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/7/2014My husband and I visit this restaurant yearly when in town to ski. We have always enjoyed the good and the wine list is quite extensive. Excellent Thai cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular SpotPCSkierVIPDined on 3/7/2014We've been to this restaurant several times. The food is consistently excellent. The tables are very close together making the dining experience crowded to say the least. It's a popular place, noisy, especially in the ski season. Our waiter this time had very little knowledge of the wine list, which is unfortunate as the list is extensive. The sea bass dish has deep fried rather than steamed fish. Excellent flavors but not our preferred cooking method. The prawns were great. Make a reservation as the restaurant fills up quickly in season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/7/2014We found the prices of the wine very high, good selection though. Wine prices in Park City restaurants are generally overpriced, view exceptions.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value, great Thai foodgoodfood4everDined on 3/3/2014Our only complaint is that the main dishes are a little short on protein. For example, the Panang chicken curry probably had about 2-3oz of chicken in it, and the Pad Thai had precisely 4 shrimp. Having said that, both were delicious, and the ginger duck was great too, if a little pricey. Rice portions were very generous, and the Pad Thai had plenty of noodles. Wine list is good and very reasonable prices for Park City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai food !phxgalVIPDined on 3/3/2014Love the food at Bangkok Thai on Main, but we will probably not return next year. The service on this trip was excellent, and the food was very good Thai. It is very crowded and noise level is high. We also had requested one change to a menu item, and we were turned down by the Chef. Understanding that they make food fresh, and maybe this was more complicated than we realized, it was unfortunate. Just crowded and noisy , so be warned. Food is good, but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodKarenJamesDined on 3/2/2014Extensive menu and wine list at a reasonable price point. The food is always excellent. Always a stop for us when we visit PC.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dee the hostess was great.GregbDined on 2/28/2014Dee the hostess was great. We made the reservation on very short notice and she was awesome in accomodating out large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, spotty serviceE2Av8torDined on 2/28/2014We have eaten at Bangkok Thai on a number of occasions and we find the food to be consistently good. It does seem like since the last time we were there, the management has crammed a few more tables into what is already a fairly small dining room. Unless you get one of the booths, you are pretty much sitting on top of your neighbors. OK if you want to check out what other people are eating before you order. On this particular evening it took our waiter quite a while to manage to get to us - I should say that the other wait staff taking care of tables around us seemed to be really on their game. Our guy acted like he had run into a tree on the slopes in the morning, and was still a bit dazed from the experience.
- Let downParkCitySkierVIPDined on 2/21/2014The restaurant is small, but they pack as many people in as possible. Not much room in between the tables and it's quite noisy. Service was rushed and the food took a very long time to come out. For the price they were charging, the food was just average. Total let down compared to the many amazing restaurants in Park City.
- For Thai foodPickypickyVIPDined on 2/21/2014It was pretty good. We had several dishes and all were above average. The only thing that was a drawback was how many people they shoved into their dining area. The tables are packed in there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the massaman curry, andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/20/2014Get the massaman curry, and ask for it spicy!! So good!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite regular dining placebowtieguyDined on 2/17/2014When we are in Park City, we never miss a night to dine at this favorite spot. The food is consistently excellent, the wine list is discriminating, and the service is always pleasant and attentive. One of our top choices in a town that has no lack of great dining options.Special Features:
- good thai. wish they had toldNyfoodieVIPDined on 2/15/2014good thai. wish they had told us to share the entrees..the portions are huge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints with respecthooch34Dined on 2/15/2014Never disappoints with respect to food. My sons claim it is has the best Pad Thai (chicken) ever! Not crazy about the close seating though....I could take my fork & eat off the closest table. No joke! It is also loud but that doesn't deter me. We eat there 3-4 times a year....every time we come to Park City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day w/the familyHealthyFoodiefromSuwaneeDined on 2/14/2014We always return here and for good reason: excellent Thai good! The atmosphere is pleasant; the tables are a little close together but it's not too noisy to talk. The service is always good. We had the lobster/mango roll & Tom Kha Soup apps & coconut shrimp, Penang Currie, PAD HIM-MA-PARN and the Pad Thai entres. We always try something different from the menu and have never has anything we did not like/love! The cooks are good at making it just right in spicy-ness if you make a request. Will be back next ski trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet thaiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2014The food was magnificent and exotic. Far East tastes perfectly spiced and beautifully prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently the very best!MarkDined on 2/1/2014This is by far the very best Thai food I've come across in the US. I've never had a bad meal, or even one where I was disappointed in even some small aspect of the meal. I've dined here over the course of the past seven years and rate this restaurant among the best! The wine list is extensive, but the food is where it's at for me. The curries are phenomenal! I've tried them all and can say I've never had better. Ask for Chang, he will not disappoint! Super friendly and accommodating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great meal againskierDined on 1/29/2014Had another great meal at this restaurant. We seek it out every time we go to Park City and are never disappointed. Great wine list too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/23/2014We liked it so much we went twice in 1 week. The pad Thai and sea bass were exceptional. We also enjoyed the mango and lobster spring rolls and green papaya salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exciting twisttastebudsDined on 1/23/2014My friends and I were new to Park City and blindly made reservations. Bangkok Thai on Main was an exceptional experience. I never write reviews so this one was worth my time to let people know it is a must experience. The presentation and taste of the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.