18 Elm Street
Toronto, ON M5G 1G7Neighborhood:
Yonge and Dundas Square
ThaiPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bangkokgarden.ca/
- Phone: (416) 977-6748
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Executive Chef: William Thetsombandith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Cross Street: Yonge / Bay
- Public Transit: Easily accessible through the subway via the Dundas and College stations. Bus stops are located at the intersection of Bay and Elm Streets.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Paid street parking is available.
Parking is also available in neighbouring lots and hotels.
A word from Bangkok Garden
Bangkok Garden has been acclaimed as one of North America’s premier Thai restaurants. The food is authentic, based on centuries of Thai culinary tradition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bangkok Garden reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (37)good for groups (37)special occasion (34)great for lunch (33)neighborhood gem (30)romantic (20)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (7)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- lunch timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Our server was nice, buffet was good but waiting time for food form menu was 35 min (!!) and we all got food at different time ( some people already finished ) ! We were there for lunch time and it was second time in this restaurant we had that long waiting time for food service . I know buffet is priority at lunch time but ..............Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth a visitFussyFeeder47Dined on 11/17/2014Excellent food, vareity of dishes with different levels of spiciness, attentive service. Good slection of "set" combinations in the evening for those who who want vareity at a reasonable price..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it :)OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014We went to Bangkok Garden on our last day in Toronto - and it was our favorite dinner. The service was great and the food so delicious and fresh. Recommend highly.Special Features:
- Great food, Great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014I have been here several times and every time it has been great. The food is tasty, diverse and yet comfortable. The Pad Thai was excellent, and there was a large selection of curry dishes if that is what you're looking for. Portion size was perfect and the service was great. My wife is gluten-free and they were very accommodating, even providing a very extensive gluten-free menu. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavours of ThailandOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014It has been a while since I visited Bangkok Garden. This place offers ambience with friendly, quick service. My server was outstanding and made the night special. I am not sure what is the real star of this restaurant. From its location, staff and decor, this is a wonderful place. But the food is not to be missed. The flavours remind me of my time in Thailand as it took me back to a different place and time. The place is simply somewhere once should not miss if they love Thai food.Special Features:
- Great Thai buffetloloDined on 10/30/2014A great lunch time Thai buffet. A nice variety of food and everything I chose was great tasting. Wonderful ambiance. Service was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time Thai food dinner.ScottDined on 10/25/2014For this being the first time I experienced Thai food, the experience was excellent. The spicey lemon shrimp soup was hot with just the right spice to it. The mango salad was fresh and the flavour combination of the mangoes and peanuts was excellent. My main course was the cashew chicken and it was delicious, spicey and flavourful. Jeremy was our waiter, he took the time to answer my questions and made a few excellent suggestions, he was great. I would highly recommend this restaurant to first timers and experienced dinners alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Pre-Theatre Dinner ChoicecountrybumkinDined on 10/21/2014Bankok Garden is close to The Ed Mirvish Theatre and was a very good choice for a pre-theatre dinner. The staff asked us if we were going to the theatre and had us seated and on our way within an hour. Our waiter served us promptly and checked in with us to refill drinks. The Pad Thai and Curry Chicken were delicious. Very generous portions. The Bangkok inspired decor and soft lighting made for an appealing ambiance. We had a lovely meal and would return.Special Features:
- well portion tasteGoodfooderDined on 10/14/2014Pleasant dining with my family. We were impressed with the freshness and lively flavors of the plates we had chosen. Generous portions and good friendly service . The location was excellent and convenient to all downtown attractions. I am looking forward to trying their half price apps in the bar Mon.to Thurs. 5-8pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/12/2014Great atmosphere and authentic Thai food served with a consideration for Western appetites for less spicy food. However if you wish to experience the more traditional spice level, the restaurant has 2 types of "nam prik" available to add to nay dish (with discretion, of course. Unfortunately on this occasion, the reception was very poor on arrival but the friendly wait staff and the delicious food made the poor reception be forgiven'Special Features:
- Buffet versus a la carteFoodiesUniteIIDined on 10/8/2014Too long a queue and bang in the middle of the entrance makes the buffet a difficult choice so we went a la carte. Should be better placed. Queues were also long during the lunch hour so we gave it a miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jetso789Dined on 10/3/2014It was cute, the place is nice and it tastes good. Not spicy enough though, and the food could have been warmer.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2014We changed our original reservation to another date. Despite talking to a live person over the phone to change it to another date, when we got there they didn't have our reservation but luckily they found us a table.Special Features:
- MarioDined on 9/28/2014The food and service was very poor, we will never come back
- Great RestaurantFriskyDined on 9/24/2014Salads are fantastic, especially the noodle and mango. Chicken wings are great too! Other foods are very tasty. The only thing I would recommend is to review the desserts.....they are not the best. A restaurant like this can do better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NikaDined on 9/21/2014Delicious Thai cuisine. One of the best pad Thai I've had in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai Food in TorontoRogerVIPDined on 9/18/2014This was my fourth visit to Bangkok Garden. Great menu selection, excellent service, terrific dishes.Special Features:
- AdowntownDined on 9/17/2014The food was really good and the decor and atmosphere was amazing.Special Features:
- livetoeatVIPDined on 9/16/2014Remains one of the best Thai restaurants in the city. An extensive and varied menu with selections not found in other Thai restaurants. Authentically spiced. Both the emerald and warrior curries were outstanding. Great service by my waitress. Made me feel like a VIP.Special Features:
- Great placeSteakmanDined on 9/14/2014Went for diner with a group of 4 we were very pleased with the service as well as the excellent food. We will go again when we are in the area!Special Features:
- Food is a bit bland.CanRuDined on 9/14/2014Good building, nice decor, attentive (but not overbearing) service, but food is a bit bland for Thai place. Still, good experience all in all.Special Features:
- EastonsGranddadDined on 9/13/2014We came across the Bangkok Garden website and were intrigued enough to reserve our table on line. We were greeted with a smile and shown to a private area of the restaurant. The waiter was great. He was attentive without being annoying and didn't mind that we took forever choosing our entree. The appetizer for two was just awesome but we were told to be careful with the peppers. Yes they were hot. We finally decided on duck and the ginger chicken and they were just wonderful. Total cost with drinks, wine and tip about $160. We have spent more elsewhere and not had as nice an experience. Only one small thing though. The lighting was poor making reading the menu difficult.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Friendly prompt service. Very pleasant decor with many decorative touches which makes you think of Thailand. Food presented in authentic Thai style with all the characteristic flourishes. The food is slightly less spicy than it would be in Thailand but for the average North American taste, it is probably wise and the wait staff are always willing to provide nam prik".Special Features:
- first and sadly our last visitnortherndinerDined on 9/13/2014The Bangkok Gardens was an average dining experience, the food was good, presented well. The ambience was somewhat predictable, dated and dark. . We also felt the particular area we were seated was set too closely to our fellow diners...if you can hear every word of their conversation and yet they are speaking in a normal volume ..you are too close. The major complaint we had was the washroom facilities...if you have ambulation issues I would not recommend this particular restaurant.. you must travel around fellow diners, find the heavy exit door, go down 2 flights of stairs to the adjacent building (Elmwood Spa) go through their basement door to find 2 singular ladies washrooms, challenging if in a hurry or have ambulation issues.
- ServicedeecedesDined on 9/12/2014Our waiter and the entire staff were delightful! The service was great..fast. Also the quality of the meals was amazing. I would definitely come back. It was very enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014It was a lot of delicious food. We took it back to the hotel where it reheated nicely. Waiter was good. Restaurant was beautiful!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Wife and I went to Bangkok Garden before a show and were pleasantly surprised. Service and food were both terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but overpricedhaggisDined on 9/5/2014The food was tasty and arrived in good time. However, I felt that it was generally overpriced compared to other Thai restaurants.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai gemMjokDined on 9/4/2014Excellent Thai food. Great selection and willing to do special requests. Also offers gluten free choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experiencegreatexperienceDined on 8/31/2014The reservation experience was very easy to use, to make changes. The restaurant was amazing in every aspect. Definitely will visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!jismomDined on 8/26/2014I haven't been to Bangkok Gardens in a few years (I used to love it) so I didn't know if the quality level would be the same. I wanted a special place for a nice mom-daughter dinner and I was not disappointed! The restaurant is beautiful, exactly as I remembered it, the food was outstanding and the service was perfect. Annie, our server, was cheerful, very amicable and just a happy person. We really had a great time. We'll make sure we won't let years go by before we visit again.Special Features:
- Fantastic DinnerJohnnyfood88Dined on 8/16/2014I took four friends for their first time. They loved it. They could not stop raving during dinner. Our waiter was excellent. He knew the menu and could explain it well. Reasonable prices too. Will be going again. Thank you for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Lunch with friends..YummyDined on 8/14/2014Lunch was good, very busy restaurant. I enjoyed the food very much, good variety except for desert....Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014None of your categories fit this place!. The music was terrible - kids running around uncontrollable. Food was tasty and service was pleasant. Some dishes were good value but some were not worth the price at all. Drink specials are good.
- The following 780 reviews are from the Bangkok Garden reviews archive.
- Superb 1/2 price appetizersAngeDined on 7/22/2014Our "gang of four" (we've been meeting for 25 years!) loved the delicious and generous 1/2 price appetizers and $5 pints of wonderful beer. We had a window seat on the second floor - the service was Juan-derful (it was his first day on the job). We'd definitely go back again! Location was excellent - close to the main hub of activity on Yonge but here it was quiet and peaceful. It is also near the big hospitals so a better and exotic alternative to burger fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to DineBlondfashionistoDined on 7/19/2014My colleague and I first discovered this lovely restaurant when they advertised their half-price 'Happy Hour' menu. The cocktails and food were excellent so we've gone back for other occasions. The staff are very friendly and professional. The ambiance is wonderful, too. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomePleasedDined on 7/19/2014We had a treat time, the people were great, the food was very good, we had no bad experience thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place and good tasteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014It is a nice place with many amazing Thai-style decoration, even with a pond indoor. The taste is delicious. Definitely will visit again.Special Features:
- really good thai foodBaconeaterDined on 7/18/2014love to try new restaurants, and this one is definitely a must on anyone's list good thai food, the place looks nice, service was good and even the patio seemed really good to have a meal and some wine (even though we didn't sit outside)Special Features:
- fast and great food!lovetotryDined on 7/18/2014We had a group of 8 attend this restaurant for lunch and we were all going to go for summerlicious menu, but once we got there 7 of us decided on the buffet. The person who got the summerlicious menu was very pleased as well and huge portions.The selection was amazing for anyone with dietary restrictions as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.