18 Elm Street
Toronto, ON M5G 1G7Neighborhood:
Yonge and Dundas Square
ThaiPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bangkokgarden.ca/
- Phone: 4169776748x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Executive Chef: William Thetsombandith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Cross Street: Yonge / Bay
- Public Transit: Easily accessible through the subway via the Dundas and College stations. Bus stops are located at the intersection of Bay and Elm Streets.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Paid street parking is available.
Parking is also available in neighbouring lots and hotels.
A word from Bangkok Garden
Bangkok Garden has been acclaimed as one of North America’s premier Thai restaurants. The food is authentic, based on centuries of Thai culinary tradition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bangkok Garden reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (53)great for lunch (52)special occasion (44)fit for foodies (42)neighborhood gem (36)romantic (34)great for brunch (16)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (10)late-night find (10)scenic view (8)great for outdoor dining (7)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- well portion tasteGoodfooderDined on 10/14/2014Pleasant dining with my family. We were impressed with the freshness and lively flavors of the plates we had chosen. Generous portions and good friendly service . The location was excellent and convenient to all downtown attractions. I am looking forward to trying their half price apps in the bar Mon.to Thurs. 5-8pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/12/2014Great atmosphere and authentic Thai food served with a consideration for Western appetites for less spicy food. However if you wish to experience the more traditional spice level, the restaurant has 2 types of "nam prik" available to add to nay dish (with discretion, of course. Unfortunately on this occasion, the reception was very poor on arrival but the friendly wait staff and the delicious food made the poor reception be forgiven'Special Features:
- Buffet versus a la carteFoodiesUniteIIDined on 10/8/2014Too long a queue and bang in the middle of the entrance makes the buffet a difficult choice so we went a la carte. Should be better placed. Queues were also long during the lunch hour so we gave it a miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jetso789Dined on 10/3/2014It was cute, the place is nice and it tastes good. Not spicy enough though, and the food could have been warmer.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2014We changed our original reservation to another date. Despite talking to a live person over the phone to change it to another date, when we got there they didn't have our reservation but luckily they found us a table.Special Features:
- MarioDined on 9/28/2014The food and service was very poor, we will never come back
- Great RestaurantFriskyDined on 9/24/2014Salads are fantastic, especially the noodle and mango. Chicken wings are great too! Other foods are very tasty. The only thing I would recommend is to review the desserts.....they are not the best. A restaurant like this can do better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NikaDined on 9/21/2014Delicious Thai cuisine. One of the best pad Thai I've had in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai Food in TorontoRogerVIPDined on 9/18/2014This was my fourth visit to Bangkok Garden. Great menu selection, excellent service, terrific dishes.Special Features:
- AdowntownDined on 9/17/2014The food was really good and the decor and atmosphere was amazing.Special Features:
- livetoeatVIPDined on 9/16/2014Remains one of the best Thai restaurants in the city. An extensive and varied menu with selections not found in other Thai restaurants. Authentically spiced. Both the emerald and warrior curries were outstanding. Great service by my waitress. Made me feel like a VIP.Special Features:
- Great placeSteakmanDined on 9/14/2014Went for diner with a group of 4 we were very pleased with the service as well as the excellent food. We will go again when we are in the area!Special Features:
- Food is a bit bland.CanRuDined on 9/14/2014Good building, nice decor, attentive (but not overbearing) service, but food is a bit bland for Thai place. Still, good experience all in all.Special Features:
- EastonsGranddadDined on 9/13/2014We came across the Bangkok Garden website and were intrigued enough to reserve our table on line. We were greeted with a smile and shown to a private area of the restaurant. The waiter was great. He was attentive without being annoying and didn't mind that we took forever choosing our entree. The appetizer for two was just awesome but we were told to be careful with the peppers. Yes they were hot. We finally decided on duck and the ginger chicken and they were just wonderful. Total cost with drinks, wine and tip about $160. We have spent more elsewhere and not had as nice an experience. Only one small thing though. The lighting was poor making reading the menu difficult.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Friendly prompt service. Very pleasant decor with many decorative touches which makes you think of Thailand. Food presented in authentic Thai style with all the characteristic flourishes. The food is slightly less spicy than it would be in Thailand but for the average North American taste, it is probably wise and the wait staff are always willing to provide nam prik".Special Features:
- first and sadly our last visitnortherndinerDined on 9/13/2014The Bangkok Gardens was an average dining experience, the food was good, presented well. The ambience was somewhat predictable, dated and dark. . We also felt the particular area we were seated was set too closely to our fellow diners...if you can hear every word of their conversation and yet they are speaking in a normal volume ..you are too close. The major complaint we had was the washroom facilities...if you have ambulation issues I would not recommend this particular restaurant.. you must travel around fellow diners, find the heavy exit door, go down 2 flights of stairs to the adjacent building (Elmwood Spa) go through their basement door to find 2 singular ladies washrooms, challenging if in a hurry or have ambulation issues.
- ServicedeecedesDined on 9/12/2014Our waiter and the entire staff were delightful! The service was great..fast. Also the quality of the meals was amazing. I would definitely come back. It was very enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014It was a lot of delicious food. We took it back to the hotel where it reheated nicely. Waiter was good. Restaurant was beautiful!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Wife and I went to Bangkok Garden before a show and were pleasantly surprised. Service and food were both terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but overpricedhaggisDined on 9/5/2014The food was tasty and arrived in good time. However, I felt that it was generally overpriced compared to other Thai restaurants.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai gemMjokDined on 9/4/2014Excellent Thai food. Great selection and willing to do special requests. Also offers gluten free choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experiencegreatexperienceDined on 8/31/2014The reservation experience was very easy to use, to make changes. The restaurant was amazing in every aspect. Definitely will visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!jismomDined on 8/26/2014I haven't been to Bangkok Gardens in a few years (I used to love it) so I didn't know if the quality level would be the same. I wanted a special place for a nice mom-daughter dinner and I was not disappointed! The restaurant is beautiful, exactly as I remembered it, the food was outstanding and the service was perfect. Annie, our server, was cheerful, very amicable and just a happy person. We really had a great time. We'll make sure we won't let years go by before we visit again.Special Features:
- Fantastic DinnerJohnnyfood88Dined on 8/16/2014I took four friends for their first time. They loved it. They could not stop raving during dinner. Our waiter was excellent. He knew the menu and could explain it well. Reasonable prices too. Will be going again. Thank you for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Lunch with friends..YummyDined on 8/14/2014Lunch was good, very busy restaurant. I enjoyed the food very much, good variety except for desert....Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014None of your categories fit this place!. The music was terrible - kids running around uncontrollable. Food was tasty and service was pleasant. Some dishes were good value but some were not worth the price at all. Drink specials are good.
- Superb 1/2 price appetizersAngeDined on 7/22/2014Our "gang of four" (we've been meeting for 25 years!) loved the delicious and generous 1/2 price appetizers and $5 pints of wonderful beer. We had a window seat on the second floor - the service was Juan-derful (it was his first day on the job). We'd definitely go back again! Location was excellent - close to the main hub of activity on Yonge but here it was quiet and peaceful. It is also near the big hospitals so a better and exotic alternative to burger fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to DineBlondfashionistoDined on 7/19/2014My colleague and I first discovered this lovely restaurant when they advertised their half-price 'Happy Hour' menu. The cocktails and food were excellent so we've gone back for other occasions. The staff are very friendly and professional. The ambiance is wonderful, too. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomePleasedDined on 7/19/2014We had a treat time, the people were great, the food was very good, we had no bad experience thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place and good tasteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014It is a nice place with many amazing Thai-style decoration, even with a pond indoor. The taste is delicious. Definitely will visit again.Special Features:
- really good thai foodBaconeaterDined on 7/18/2014love to try new restaurants, and this one is definitely a must on anyone's list good thai food, the place looks nice, service was good and even the patio seemed really good to have a meal and some wine (even though we didn't sit outside)Special Features:
- fast and great food!lovetotryDined on 7/18/2014We had a group of 8 attend this restaurant for lunch and we were all going to go for summerlicious menu, but once we got there 7 of us decided on the buffet. The person who got the summerlicious menu was very pleased as well and huge portions.The selection was amazing for anyone with dietary restrictions as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time eating ThaiThaiDined on 7/17/2014For my first time eating Thai it was delicious. The waitress was fun and happy. The restaurant has lovely decor and very spacious feeling. I had the shrimp & sugar cane appetizer... It was great. The pad Thai entree was so good. Lastly the chocolate mousse for dessert. I will definitely come back! Hope this restaurant will be part of the Winterlicious lineup as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely LunchYummyDined on 7/17/2014Really enjoyed the ambiance of this restaurant, the food and service were excellent ! I will certainly recommend it to my friends.Special Features:
- Bangkok GardenilovefoodDined on 7/14/2014a very beautiful restaurant, GREAT place for a date or a goup of friends for casual dining. it was really busy on the night i went so service was a rather slow, and the food served was sitting under the heat lamps for a while, as the pad thai was very dry on the surface when it was served... but the flavours were there, it was DELICIOUS.... i will go back again to try the food during NON rush times...Special Features:
- luvfoodDined on 7/12/2014such bad service, jeez. I had to ask them 3 times to bring us water before they actually did it and the server never warned us that the spicy is really erally really spicy. We had no idae, this was our first time. Wouldn't recommend.Special Features:
- Great ambiance. Food was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014The ambiance was really great at this restaurant. There were 8 of us seated in the back and it felt we has a special spot reserved just for us. Food was ok.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerWrightsPointOfViewDined on 7/11/2014I went with my sister for her Birthday dinner. Service was great and friendly. The food was enjoyable. Over all I will return.Special Features:
- SummerliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014I was totally disappointed with your menu selection for Summerlicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great but not too bad eitherJasonDined on 7/11/2014I was going there with my friends for summerlicious, but were told that all the food on summerlicious menu were actually served in the buffet,and it is the same price. We tried the buffet. I've been to Thailand many times and I will have to say the food is just ok. It is lacking of character in a sense that once you finish your food, you don't recall any of those that you just tasted. I'd say it is a place more for a quick lunch with your colleagues than a place for a romantic date. Considering the price and the 15% off coupon you would receive, I might go back for the buffet lunch. It is certainly better than the food court but I would not recommend it to anyone who is really into trying a great Thai restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.