18 Elm Street
Toronto, ON M5G 1G7Neighborhood:
Yonge and Dundas Square
ThaiPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bangkokgarden.ca/
- Phone: (416) 977-6748
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Executive Chef: William Thetsombandith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Cross Street: Yonge / Bay
- Public Transit: Easily accessible through the subway via the Dundas and College stations. Bus stops are located at the intersection of Bay and Elm Streets.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Paid street parking is available.
Parking is also available in neighbouring lots and hotels.
A word from Bangkok Garden
Bangkok Garden has been acclaimed as one of North America’s premier Thai restaurants. The food is authentic, based on centuries of Thai culinary tradition.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bangkok Garden reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (38)good for groups (37)special occasion (37)great for lunch (32)neighborhood gem (28)romantic (20)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- really good thai foodBaconeaterDined on 7/18/2014love to try new restaurants, and this one is definitely a must on anyone's list good thai food, the place looks nice, service was good and even the patio seemed really good to have a meal and some wine (even though we didn't sit outside)Special Features:
- fast and great food!lovetotryDined on 7/18/2014We had a group of 8 attend this restaurant for lunch and we were all going to go for summerlicious menu, but once we got there 7 of us decided on the buffet. The person who got the summerlicious menu was very pleased as well and huge portions.The selection was amazing for anyone with dietary restrictions as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time eating ThaiThaiDined on 7/17/2014For my first time eating Thai it was delicious. The waitress was fun and happy. The restaurant has lovely decor and very spacious feeling. I had the shrimp & sugar cane appetizer... It was great. The pad Thai entree was so good. Lastly the chocolate mousse for dessert. I will definitely come back! Hope this restaurant will be part of the Winterlicious lineup as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely LunchYummyDined on 7/17/2014Really enjoyed the ambiance of this restaurant, the food and service were excellent ! I will certainly recommend it to my friends.Special Features:
- Bangkok GardenilovefoodDined on 7/14/2014a very beautiful restaurant, GREAT place for a date or a goup of friends for casual dining. it was really busy on the night i went so service was a rather slow, and the food served was sitting under the heat lamps for a while, as the pad thai was very dry on the surface when it was served... but the flavours were there, it was DELICIOUS.... i will go back again to try the food during NON rush times...Special Features:
- luvfoodDined on 7/12/2014such bad service, jeez. I had to ask them 3 times to bring us water before they actually did it and the server never warned us that the spicy is really erally really spicy. We had no idae, this was our first time. Wouldn't recommend.Special Features:
- Great ambiance. Food was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014The ambiance was really great at this restaurant. There were 8 of us seated in the back and it felt we has a special spot reserved just for us. Food was ok.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerWrightsPointOfViewDined on 7/11/2014I went with my sister for her Birthday dinner. Service was great and friendly. The food was enjoyable. Over all I will return.Special Features:
- SummerliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014I was totally disappointed with your menu selection for Summerlicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great but not too bad eitherJasonDined on 7/11/2014I was going there with my friends for summerlicious, but were told that all the food on summerlicious menu were actually served in the buffet,and it is the same price. We tried the buffet. I've been to Thailand many times and I will have to say the food is just ok. It is lacking of character in a sense that once you finish your food, you don't recall any of those that you just tasted. I'd say it is a place more for a quick lunch with your colleagues than a place for a romantic date. Considering the price and the 15% off coupon you would receive, I might go back for the buffet lunch. It is certainly better than the food court but I would not recommend it to anyone who is really into trying a great Thai restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious 2014 GemOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/10/2014We went here thinking it was standard Thai fare. We were wrong. When you go inside, they have recreated a dining room in the Royal Thai palace in Bangkok, so the food fits right in. We ordered the red curry tofu, and we had seconds! Thank you for a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious menur2d2Dined on 7/9/2014I ordered the vegetarian options from the summerlicious menu. The Thai rolls for apps were good. The tofu entree was just ok....dry and nothing special in flavour. The desserts were a letdown. My chocolate mousse was average and my husband's sticky rice was just bad. I would order off the regular menu next time to give it a fair opinion. The portion sizes were fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for summerlicious, did buffetfoodie4everDined on 7/8/2014People welcoming you are inviting and so kind. Service is also outstanding. We went there to try it, we had never been there. We thought summerlicious was a good way to do so! But for the same price, you have access to the buffet with similar or identical menu… and of course all you can eat! It also offers you the chance to taste more dishes. Everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for anniversaryJessDined on 7/5/2014We came here for our anniversary dinner, and other than being a TAD too spicy for me, it was great! Great drink menu/prices as well!Special Features:
- Summerlicious Offeringsluv2eatDined on 7/5/2014The Summerlicious menu was a great representation of the regular menu. There were plenty of gluten free options, vegan and spicy dishes. I think my only complaint is that I never wanted to stop eating, so I had very little room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious LunchGraciedinesDined on 7/5/2014The Service from Jeremy was excellent and friendly. The food was OK but not as I remembered it from a few years ago when I last dined at Bangkok Garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere!CadburybunnyDined on 7/4/2014Had a great time at Bangkok Garden. Overall the food was good. They have a special for the month of July - $25 for a prix fixe dinner (appetizer, entree, and dessert). The inside of the restaurant is nicely done and there's a pond with fish so that the kids can be entertained!Special Features:
- Summerlicious is badCarobarrelDined on 7/4/2014I went to both the summerlicious and winterlicious here, both times I did not like it. We got the pork tenderloin salad, curry chicken, and Thai beef as main entrees, it was blend and we finished half of it and threw away the rest. The appetitizers were tasty, we got the wings, shrimp and mussels. For dessert, we had a bad experience with the rice pudding and stuck with the safer choice - chocolate mousse and it was adequate. I wouldnt come here again unless it's for their lunch buffet. Service was extremely slow.Special Features:
- Great spotfoodisyummyDined on 6/27/2014Jeremey was a fantastic server, made great food recommendations, made the experience oustanding. Wine list could use some improvement, more dry whites would be appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great night out!HotlipsDined on 6/21/2014Food and service was excellant as always!! Had a new server,it was his 2nd day and he did a great job. Tried a new martini called pink paradise.It was delisious!!One of the best martinis I have ever had!!Highly recommend it , especially to you ladies,o.k. for guys as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodtegatDined on 6/20/2014Everyone loved their dishes and the surroundings were great. Prompt service, and quiet atmosphere allowed us to talk (not always the trend in restaurants these days). Slightly more expensive than some places, but the service, ambience and quality made it worth while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good buffet lunchTravelMusingDined on 6/19/2014Went for a quick buffet lunch with my ex-colleague. This was my second time, and her first. Decent variety, good quality for food. Dessert table is a little small, but whatever was laid out was fresh and good. Good for a quick lunchtime buffet.Special Features:
- Great food and great serviceFoodie4lifeDined on 6/15/2014Great service as they staff are accommodating, even for a family with a 7 month old newborn! The only sad thing is that this restaurant is not accessible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014Found one good place for THAI foods, where one can taste and feel good about the real food of THAISpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/4/2014Very friendly staff and food looks great and tastes great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/3/2014Our waitress, on a Tuesday evening this week, was also hostess, bartender and sole server. She was absolutely charming but necessarily there were some long waits. Apparently the host (her boss) was doing the cooking! The shrimp chips were heavy and the sea bass was tasty but overcooked. My companion's muskovy duck salad was good. I have had great food at Bangkok Gardens in the past, but not last Tuesday.
- dandy1957Dined on 6/1/2014Dinner was okay... great location to attend the theatre and close to the Eaton Centre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff great foodLuvyournaughtypeppersDined on 5/31/2014We have been going to Bankok Gardens for years and thoroughly love the food. It is always delicious. The staff are always friendly and greet us warmly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suggestionsluv2eatDined on 5/23/2014The food in the warming trays should have been hotter, temperature wise. The selection and variety of the items on the buffet was good as was the taste.Special Features:
- Small Group LunchTronDined on 5/15/2014Overall our Lunch experience was good - two minor hitches. Food was outstanding - Service needed some work. The Ice tea ordered was not ice tea and the water glasses where not refilled.Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialscasDined on 5/10/2014The ambiance is nice but the food was either too spicy or too bland. Also the chicken was dry and the Beef was way to chewy. Also even my Pineapple Juice tastes spoiled. Really not much good to say.Special Features:
- Good Thai foodfnjacobsVIPDined on 5/7/2014The service was slow (I was dining alone so not in the mood to linger). The bar tender/hostess, Nicole, was great and took care of me the second I walked in the door. My waiter looked like he had too many tables to cover, so it took time to get his attention. I liked the place - the food was very good - not the very best Thai I've ever had but very tasty.
- wonderful and relaxing dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/6/2014People are friendly and accomodating, food was amazing and in right amounts.Special Features:
- Pleasant StaffbuttercupDined on 5/3/2014Service was very good, our waiter was extremely helpful and pleasant. In fact, all staff that we passed on our way in made a point to say hello and as we were leaving asked how we enjoyed our meal. Great staff! Food was very good too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AveragemarcioDined on 5/3/2014I found the food average, the ambiance is nice, but the food and the service is average. The food was warm rather than hot, and the seasoning was not bad, but nothing spectacular to die for, or to make me come back for more. The service was slow even though it was half full.
- Amazing food!PamelaDined on 5/2/2014As someone who eats a lot of Thai food I've become quite a conisour! This is some of the best I've had in this country! Great atmosphere and service make it my new favorite! Be sure to have a Tom Yum martini with your dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Thai FoodgrandorseDined on 4/27/2014I've never been t Thailand so I don't know how authentic the food is. It is certainly delicious. We had one of the dinners for two because the menu said we could be sure the tastes of the different courses went together. Everything was good. We were the first diners of the night so it was very quiet--a welcome change. I don't know how quiet it stays later. We liked being able to hear the water, but I doubt that would be possible later in the evening. It's incredible to find such a good restaurant less than a block from a hotel.Special Features:
- Still good as usualLikeThiFoodDined on 4/11/2014Have been there a few times. Still as good as usualSpecial Features:
- good place for groupsthai55Dined on 4/10/2014I have been there many times for group lunches and the restaurant accomodates groups well. It ranges from quite quiet to quite noisy if there is a large group. The food is consistently good but the wait staff could be more attentive to whether persons eating from the buffet wish drinks or the cheque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Buffet a day ...DuckbilliousDined on 4/9/2014Went for a late lunch. Was greeted by the bartender who was friendly and helpful, and our waiter was attentive. It appeared that several teak forests went down to furnish the interior, which kept the ambience warm and cozy even though there was little natural light filtering in. The menu offered an impressive variety, but I had read that the buffet was not to be missed, so I went that route. I was not disappointed. Especially liked the "soup bar" with chef to make your very own noodle soup to order. A good mix of vegetarian and meat items on the buffet, so I had to try them all! Vegetables were crisp and curries light and delightful. Will definitely go again -- and soon.Special Features: