Bandera - Brentwood
11700 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bandera - Brentwood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hillstone.com/bandera
- Phone: 3104773524x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Thursday & Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Executive Chef: Jason Petrie
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Nightly!
A word from Bandera - Brentwood
Bandera offers made-from-scatch American cuisine and prompt, friendly service. With fresh Skillet Cornbread, the flavorful BBQ Salmon, or a slice of Banana Pie, our unique and Southwestern inspired flavors are not to be missed. Please note we seat complete parties and ask guests to allow a 10 minute grace period to seat reservations during peak periods.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bandera - Brentwood reviews from OpenTable diners
- thursday hang outNicaDined on 5/22/2014Fun place to get together with friends. drinks .. Music . Food was outstanding burrata salad the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/22/2014Similar to a Houston's or Gulfstream, the food is reliably good food. Dark wood, ambient candlelight give it a nice warm feel...almost romantic except the noise level with the live music and hoping bar scene precludes that distinction. But the food and service were good and I'd return and recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live Music, Great Food, A+ ServiceGourmetGuruDined on 5/17/2014We live a few blocks away and absolutely love coming here for dinner. The live music creates a fun swanky vibe with a big central bar area and old school cushioned table booths. The service is always amazing and the food is delicious. We love that you can see into the kitchen. People watching is always a bonus!Special Features:
- Always a Fun NightcyngDined on 5/16/2014Banderas is always a fun night! The service is outstanding and friendly and the live music along with the always consistently good food makes it one of those places that you'll always want to go back to.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner!!dhasDined on 5/15/2014Overall great find for dinner. Food is absolutely wonderful. The kale salad and skillet-baked cornbread are dishes you dream about and crave daily. Our waitress was friendly, knowledgeable, and asked poignant questions that guided her recommendations. Upscale restaurant without the pretention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodNittany84Dined on 5/15/2014This visit the best food was lamb chops, kale salad, grilled artichokes & as always the signature corn bread. Love being able to bring a bottle of wine! Thanks for that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasedMisternixonDined on 5/11/2014I took my mother and a friend to Bandera's for Mothers Day and it was delightful; Food was exceptionally good; The price a little steep but well worth it for a once in awhile fancy dinner out. Enjoyed the atmosphere; jazz band; I will definitely be back!!!Special Features:
- Hillstone corporationLuv2dinerDined on 5/11/2014Same vein as houstons, gulfstream, and r and d but more jazzy and upscale. Located in westwood, not the best outside facade since its below some office and apartment buildings but inside is dark and romantic. Live jazz music nightly was unique. Ask to sit near the kitchen or the live music for a memorable time. Food is solid quality but nothing bold or inventive or memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014One of the best dinners ever! The restaurant's ambience is very comfortable with great dim lighting, wait staff is attentive without being intrusive, and the menu selections from starters to entrees are creative, unique, but not over-whelming. Grilled artichokes, burrata, and macho salad for starters set the bar high for amazing entrees. Every detail was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great local restaurantlOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 5/2/2014Always a fun place on a weekend with a vibrant bar scene and music. Their ribs are excellent as well as their enchiladas and side dishes. If you want to hear yourself talk, it is best to go early. Didn't care for the hamburger, which comes in 3 pieces with too many things such as cold slaw in the bun.Special Features:
- GET THE PRIME RIB SANDWICHkw88Dined on 5/1/2014The prime rib sandwich and the au jus dip is just amazing!Special Features:
- Ribs and stealShawnDined on 4/30/2014A fine done restaurant in the heart of Brentwood. The service is second to none and the food is absolutely divine. Try the ribs and the Rutherford steak. The artichoke appetizer is amazing and make sure to try one of their special desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bandera's is great!SkipsDined on 4/26/2014Eating is always a great dinning pleasure at Banderas. I take old and new friends there regularly. The ambience is always nice. I really enjoy the music.Special Features:
- we'll run and tastyjanieb1123VIPDined on 4/26/2014start with the live music that welcomes diners to create the mood. add ultra professional greetings and service, short wait time active bar where patrons drink and eat. bandera offers a good menu that gives something for everyone. if u ask for medium rare that's how your food arrives. we've never been disappointed and pricing is appropriateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caution - Over PricedDerekVIPDined on 4/26/2014Not good value for money - the food was acceptable but over priced for the quality -Special Features:
- What Happened?OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/25/2014What happened to Bandera? It used to have great food and great service. Lately the food is mediocre at best and the service, particularly on our last visit is awful. It seems as though they just don't care as much as they used to. This latest experience seriously has me questioning when I will rerun.
- RecommendedlobsterloverDined on 4/24/2014The French dip roast beef sandwich is the best in town. Outstanding!Special Features:
- yum!DollyDined on 4/23/2014A great dinner (as usual)! One of my faves! Everything was wonderful. Love that you have a Pimm's Cup on the menu!Special Features:
- commentsoaabeDined on 4/22/2014Our opinion is that the menu was limited . The salad dressing on the kale salad was too sweet and for me at least , was not edible. The chicken was tasteless. My husband enjoyed his hamburger, and my son enjoyed his ribs. Although I found the rib sauce too sweet.Special Features:
- Good Food-Service Could Be ImprovedChoMoDined on 4/20/2014I have gone to Bandera for years. The food has always been very good. The service at Bandera has suffered over the years. In my most recent visit, they cleared the plates and utensils from the table and then brought the entrees. Before we realized it, we were sitting there with no utensils. When looking around to try to flag someone down there were no staff in sight. This seems like something small but at the price point of Bandera you would think those types of details are taken care of.
- BanderaLivemlifeDined on 4/19/2014Great food and crowd enjoyed the ambiance. Overall it was a nice night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Banderaluv2dineoutDined on 4/19/2014First time at Bandera Brentwood and we loved it. We had received a gift certificate from friends during the Holidays and finally got around to using it this past Saturday night. We had a delicious meal, the service was outstanding and we loved the club like atmosphere with the Jazz band playing all evening. We will definitely return! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waited too long - but worth it!NancyGDined on 4/18/2014I had a reservation at 8:15. We were there exactly on time. Unfortunately we were not seated until 8:50! Bar was full - had to stand there! They did sit us at a PERFECT table in a quieter area. It was a wonderful evening with terrific food, amazing service with an energetic atmosphere but quiet table!Special Features:
- A favorite birthday placemmacDined on 4/17/2014The five of us had a simply delicious dinner. We sat in a booth and could hear each other and enjoy the jazz combo and feel very intimate. A perfect dinner suggested by the celebrant...22 years old.Special Features:
- NICE, BUT WAY TOO LOUD ...SOVIEFOODIEDined on 4/16/2014GOT SEATED AT THE TABLE 1.5 HOURS LATER THAN MY RESERVATION. NO ATTENTION FOR SERVICE. NICE BAR SELECTION. MEDIOCRE FOOD WITH NO ATTENTION TO DETAIL, JUST SLAMMED ON YOUR PLATE.Special Features:
- Excellent Steak and Great musicAlexDined on 4/15/2014My wife and I tried this restaurant out for the first time on my birthday after hearing they had live jazz and good food. We're fans of jazz, and we like good food, so this was a perfect fit! The atmosphere was a lot more energetic than we expected, and the music was definitely not a focal point of the restaurant (which isn't necessarily a bad thing), so it was different than we anticipated. It's somewhat crowded in the restaurant, but still intimate. Anyway, FOOD: Delicious. I had the Tri-Tip Steak and my wife got the Prime Rib. Both were spectacular. So so good. One of the better steaks I've had around LA, for sure. We also started with Deviled Eggs which were very good. Overall, great place. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Fun spot, great food and nice pricedinnerat8Dined on 4/12/2014I have been to Bandera Brentwood many times and it is consistently good. Food is delicious and service friendly and not pretentious like many LA spots. Sometimes they rush you though to turn the table but I recommend making a reservation after 8 and you will avoid that problem. Fun LA vibe and jazz music adds to the ambiance.Special Features:
- My favorite dining place!queenhonebeeDined on 4/12/2014I love this restaurant, the food is always delicious and the waiters are always on top of their game. I am so happy that they brought back the barbeque salmon, it is the best I have ever eaten. One of our friends said , "I am coming back and ordering the salmon" ! If I had a complaint , it would be that they don't open for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything we ordered wasLoveitorleaveitVIPDined on 4/10/2014Everything we ordered was great. From salads to dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- With Great Sadness the Run is OVERHowardVIPDined on 4/4/2014The Hillstone Restaurant group, and all its varieties, was always one of our favorites. What USED TO set them apart was their very caring service. It is with great sadness I must report that is over. It has been several experiences of late at several of their formats. The same: The wait staff is now obviously "toiled" with being helpful, but no longer really cares or wants to do so. It makes such a big difference in today's restaurant scene. Something has very obviously changed materially and, seemingly, systematically for the worse. So sad the great run is over.
- The problem with this restaurantjmacVIPDined on 4/1/2014The problem with this restaurant as well as the others in their group is they do not let you dine... It's always a rush which I feel when you are paying that kind of money is not the correct way to treat the customers....You know going it you have a very short window to sit at your table...
- Did not bring us what we ordered. kFoodieDined on 3/30/2014Did not bring us what we ordered. kept us waiting for table, Manager had an attitude was not friendly when we asked him how much longer for our table. We will not go back.
- Many Happy Returns!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014Banderas was recommended by 2 people I know, as a great place to take my boyfriend for his birthday. They were right! It was lively and vibrant, yet once we were seated it felt intimate for the two of us. The staff was friendly and professional, drinks were great. Food was yummy. I will return!Special Features:
- Great service!DaisyDined on 3/29/2014We dine at Banderas on the weekend. You would think I would get tired if the menu, but not so far. They have the best hamburger that I've tasted so far. Even though I rarely order red meat, I recommend their burger. The coleslaw dressing that comes with it is what makes this dish tasty. The piano band goes great with the romantic atmosphere. Service is very impressive. One of my husband's favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great. Server wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2014Food was great. Server was great. Hostess was very rude (Asian girl)
- Bandera Restaurant is Greatsmiller007Dined on 3/27/2014We were greeted at the reception area and immediately seated by the host. We ordered a bottle of the Groth Cabernet Sauvignon which was excellent. The tuna-poke appetizer was superb. My wife had a salad and I had the Rutherford bone-in ribeye steak which was tender, flavorful, and juicy. The meal was capped off by the Oreo ice cream dessert which was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best French DipluveditVIPDined on 3/27/2014Banderas has the best French Dip Sandwich my friends and I have ever had is what we say every time we eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let's Do Better~InTheKnowVIPDined on 3/25/2014We were met by the hostess that didn't even acknowledge our presence. She was on the phone arguing with someone about a reservation. We literally stood there over 5 minutes listening to her attitude with this caller and a gentlemen finally came up and asked if we were helped. NOT EVEN AN APOLOGY. The menu is very limited but the quality of the food is good. It is very dark ala Houston's. Limited wine list but good selections Kistler/Rombauer.
- Good for small groupjakjakDined on 3/22/2014The restaurant is great. There is some live jazz music which is great! A lot of young people eat here. It is very lively. However, The only issue I have is that It cannot sit a group more than 6 people. That is why I give it 4 star for over all! :-(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ formulajanieb1123VIPDined on 3/22/2014We enjoyed our nite at BANDERA but it does feel like a successful formula. Can't complain about anything really, food, service and energy were all good but I kept having the feeling that I'd been there before (when I hadn't). The addition of live music was terrific (seasons 52?) The bar was hopping and a sure money maker and many people were also dining at the bar Walking from the valet through the kitchen to the maître d stand was an eye opener in a very good way in that the kitchen was very clean, well organized and bustling with workers who looked like they knew what they were doing. The same can be said for the interior staff, multiple executive types checking on the smoothness of the organization. All in all, very mpressiveSpecial Features: