Bananas Modern American Diner
924 N. Mills Avenue
Orlando, FL 32803Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Bananas Modern American Diner
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bananasdiner.com/
- Phone: 4074802200
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 9:00am - 11:00am, Sunday: 6:00am - 10:00pm; Lunch daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: open 24hrs; Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater from 20-2000 contact our sales team for more info email@example.com
- Entertainment: Sunday Gospel Brunch: Sunday's at 11:30am & 1PM Danielle Hunter and Company present Bananas Gospel Drag Brunch! Monday Nights: Drag Queen Bingo hosted by Trixxie Deluxxe from 7pm - 9pm Tuesday Nights: Pop Broadway at Bananas. Danielle Hunter and Company bring you the best of Broadway and today's hits at 7pm & 8:30pm.
- Special Events: Gospel Brunch every Sunday at 11:30 and 1pm Broadway Night Tuesdays at 7pm and 8:30pm Bingo Night on Mondays @ 7pm
A word from Bananas Modern American Diner
Created in the true spirit of the diner, Bananas Modern American Diner is about hearty, familiar fare with a culinary twist, and environments stylish enough for the executive lunch meeting but casual enough for a late-night country fried steak after hitting downtown Orlando nightlife. On the menu at Bananas Modern American Diner are classic recipe favorites, from Hamburgers served 18 ways to Fish-N-Chips, re-imagined with bold, unique flavors and a fresh flair. With its early-morning and late-night hours, Bananas Diner encourages guests to start the day off right with a hearty breakfast. From traditional favorites like Eggs Benedict served six different ways, to Country Fried Chicken and Waffles; the entire menu is served all day long. Bananas offers free Wi-Fi and take out service for those on the go, including fresh coffee, fruit or anything on the menu. Bananas a Modern American Diner... comfort food with a culinary twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bananas Modern American Diner reviews from OpenTable diners
- BohemeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/8/2013Escargot is superb, would go back just to order it again, Enjoyed the ambience, great art work all around the venue and a wonderful gift shop. Service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed up morningBonappetit2Dined on 8/25/2013Been here before, just wanted to experience Gospel Brunch. Made reservation online morning od. Upon arrival he couldn't find reservation and we were treated as though we really didn't have one. We got on line and found Hamburger Mary's and had a great morning, great. show and food at half the price of Banana's .Service was excellent and from now on for a good time we will go to Hamburger Marys!
- chicken and walffesmargobugDined on 8/25/2013best chicken and waffle's the gravy is awesome. daughter got biscuits and gravy thought they where very good. always great food and staff gotta love them husband go eggs benedict crab thought very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service with a Smile...and a SashayWrailynDined on 8/23/2013The food was delicious, and the service was amazing. Our lovely server, Genesis, was a refill ninja. Our drinks were never low, and everything was ordered and delivered in a timely manner. Only very small issue was with the chicken and waffles: there was very little chicken. Other than that, it was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been there many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2013I have been there many times before and always had a great time... This time forever, there were only three people doing everything and the show (which is why I went and took ten of my out of town friends) was not good at all... Each of the three sang one song each and did very little to enhance the performance... I was very disappointed. Did the management change? Wish it would go back to how it was 6 months ago when I was last there
- OverwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2013The staff was clearly overwhelmed by our large party (13). We had been there before and things seem to have gone off the rails in the past year. No silverware on the table until after the food was delivered was just the start of the problems. We were the only patrons early on a Saturday morning. It took over an hour after we ordered for any food to make it's way to our table. To add insult to injury anyone who ordered sausage with their eggs got bacon. Three of our party did not even get their plates until 30 minutes after the others and at least two of those were not as ordered. All in all a pretty disastrous trip.
- Great show, average foodKazperVIPDined on 8/4/2013We went to the Sunday Gospel Drag Brunch - a funny show, great entertainment that makes the mediocre $14.95 brunch well worth a visit. No you do not come here for great food, you will get better at most Waffle Houses - but the show and entertainment is well worth a visit. Definitely recommended for a fun Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly differentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2013The drag-queen/waitresses made this a memorable evening. Lots of fun, and they made us feel at home. We definitely knew that we were not in East Texas anymore. We will probably go back sometime for their Gospel brunch.Special Features:
- Drag Your Friends To Gospel BrunchinfraledDined on 7/28/2013We recently attended Banana's Gospel Brunch and it was as good as it's always been. This was my second time and the first time for my girlfriend and we had an amazing time. The food was splendid and rich and was complimented by our measured sips of our mimosas. The eggs in both our dishes were cooked perfectly and the hollandaise sauce on my eggs benedict was truly excellent. The show, especially experiencing it with a first timer was so much fun. You find yourself laughing and clapping through your whole meal. I'm not even a fan of gospel music, but the energy and vigor that the ladies put into performing really makes it come alive. I dare say there was more love and acceptance in that room than anywhere else on Sunday morning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun place to tryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2013We liked the ambiece of this placed sounded fun people were very nice. It had just opened when we got there for our Sunday lunch/breakfast . I tried one of the featured eggs benedict (very good). My friend had a waffle with blueberries on top she said it was dry and bland. The food took a long time considering it was very slow time in the am. Would try it again for the show in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not enough value for the price...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2013Banana's Diner has a great concept going, but the execution could use some work. Although the diner is electric with entertainment (especially for Gospel Brunch), the quality of the food doesn't seem to meet the pricing standards. If you're going to charge someone over 15 dollars for a breakfast plate, it better be outstanding. The food was okay at best. It seems a lot more effort goes into the performances and the atmosphere than on the food, which should always be the cornerstone of any good diner. It would also be a good idea to change the menu from something that looks like it was typed up/printed on someone's home computer to something a little more chic and expensive looking. After all, the food is a little on the expensive side.Special Features:
- Meh....ClovermegDined on 7/20/2013I wouldn't go out of my way to go back. There were only a few tables with diners, yet service was incredibly slow. The food was okay to below average, the bacon was really good, though! But everything else...pancakes, eggs benedict, toast, hashbrowns --- all lacking! I was really disappointed by the fact that the Hollandaise was from a powdered mix, its SUPER easy to make homemade...if I can make it, why can't they?Special Features:
- Family DinerCuriousDined on 7/12/2013Entertaining, since our servers were dressed in drag. Quality of food left much to be desired, but the service was friendly, attentive, and prompt. I also enjoyed the free valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burger. Great server. Fun.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2013This was a burger night out, and it turned into pure fun. Prompt and attentive service, a really good burger and side salad, both with lots of blue cheese, and drinks that were refreshed again and again. The prices were reasonable and what you would expect in a diner.bThere was even a 20-25 minute Tuesday night "floor show" with the servers singing. If you have trouble with the wonderful diversity of humanity and the rainbow of human expression, go to the Golden Arches, or places that serve chicken nuggets on a bun. There are plenty of places around town for that. But, you want your food with a song and a smile, this is the place. We will be back for the Gospel brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful time.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2013The whole gospel brunch was a great time. Highly recommend. The food was yummy.Special Features:
- Different Spin on BenedictJeanneorlDined on 7/6/2013Loved the eggs benedict with the fried goat cheese. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SO BAD IT WAS HILARIOUSQueenbeeDined on 6/27/2013.. I ordered sweet tea and was told they were out of sugar so today there was none. congealed hollandaise sauces that chunked up, cold gravy , white hash browns, a dry burger served with unsolicited chunky hollandaise on it, forgotten items in entrees (sundried tomato jam) and a UCO. (thunbsize unidentified cooked object). What was not to hate? Bad food but entertaining. (hilarious) just like many of the US dining experiences in the 50s Everything was so horrendous that with each new horrible revelation, the experience got funnier and funnier as we all looked on in disbelief. I know for certain that I have rarely been served such an all around inedible, horrid meal. Go to see the divas in drag... And the great decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2013Staff more interested in putting on their Tuesday at 8pm show then waiting on tables. They took drink order and then proceeded to participate in show, left after waiting 40 minutes with no drinks I hand or food order take.
- Fun place to go overallOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2013Love the milkshakes and funky diner environment! It's a fun place to go late night. The stuffed french toast is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss Gospel BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/16/2013Great drag show with extremely friendly entertainers along with good food. Plan to stay a while but know why you are there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a must go!! This placeMsDay69Dined on 6/9/2013This is a must go!! This place was awesome. All the queens was fabulous. The service and entertainment above average. I surprised a friend and just told her we was going for lunch. Once we got in she was amazed but we all quickly feed off the positive and enery in the diner. FUN, FABULOUS, AND EXOTIC DINER...an experince you will never forget! I loved it! Ready to go back...Special Features:
- Gospel BrunchBuckyDined on 6/9/2013Show was way too short, food was cold and service was poor. It has been over a year since I attended the "Gospel Brunch". I di not like the set menu. Get back to the "old" food and show.
- It wasn't very crowded andrak1Dined on 6/2/2013It wasn't very crowded and we had to ask our server two times to bring silverware. By the time we finally received it, half of our food was cold. She apologized by providing us a round of drinks but some of my guests were first time visitors and we really built up the restaurant. Unfortunately, Bananas did not live up to our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bananas, a one of a kind experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/2/2013I took my wife and 15yo there for Sunday brunch. Never have gone there before, I was surprised by the interior of the restaurant. It is very different. The staff is very pleasant and accommodating and get along with each other very well and the service is outstanding. We missed the Gospel Brunch, but will be back next Sunday to take in the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and SO much fun!brfoodandfunDined on 5/26/2013We attended the Gospel Drag Brunch at Bananas when we were in from out of town and not only did we get a wonderful brunch and a great show but unbelievable service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant and the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2013The restaurant and the food were very nice. Would have been nice to know that it caters to alternative lifestyles. While I personally didn't mind a bit one of our party was rather uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/5/2013Took the family to Bananas for the Gospel Brunch show. Fun, energetic atmosphere. The food was good, but they have a limited menu during the Gospel Brunch. My children are 17 and up, but some people may not find it suitable for younger children (under 12). A unique brunch experience which we thoroughly enjoyed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love the food and the show....AyBurnmegoodDined on 4/21/2013We love the food and the show....Aysia Black is THE bomb!!Special Features:
- Had a great time at BananasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/14/2013Had a great time at Bananas as always. Sever's and staff were friendly and knowledgeable. Fun,Fun,Fun. Best Gospel Brunch in town.Special Features:
- They have unique dishes alongOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/7/2013They have unique dishes along with everyday favorites. The service is always great and its a fun place to go to!Special Features:
- Our server Kenya was terrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013Our server Kenya was terrible. This was my first trip back in months. I had boycotted for months because of the last few experiences that I have had with poor service/food. Our service was horrible and soooooooo slow. The checks were wrong, credit card was lost by the server, and mis charged... The show was terrific and honestly the only reason I can ever see going back. I hear the same complaints from my friends... You either get good food, or good service but never both in the same vist.Special Features:
- when we were greeted it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/25/2013when we were greeted it was not friendly at all, and we seemed to be annoying to her. the table next to us she greeted them very friendly, introduced herself, and even gave a list or drinks with recommendations. we ordered an appetizer and she came back about 10 minutes later and said they were out, we then ordered fried pickles and she said they were "about to be out", and we couldn't order them. Food was alright, we weren't given cotton candy at the end of the meal, we had to ask. We expected a fun girls night out, and we felt like we needed to hurry up and get out, we didn't feel welcome.Special Features:
- the gospel brunch was outstandingBillDined on 3/17/2013the gospel brunch was outstanding and loads of funSpecial Features:
- this trip was far better thanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2013this trip was far better than my last,i will not stop goingSpecial Features:
- Energetic and Funny !!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013It was my first time at the restaurant celebrating passing a State Board exam by two of us (out of four people in the party). We had a great time during the Sunday brunch! Many thanks to the drag queens!Special Features:
- I booked this reservationBirthdayDined on 3/10/2013I booked this reservation on line through open table prior to us departing Edmonton Alberta for holidays, we were looking for a first Sunday Brunch meal to get us organized for the week we were in Florida. This restaurant turned out to be one of the highlights of our holidays. My only regret is that I cannot post pictures!!!!Special Features:
- La Cage au Diner!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013We've been to Bananas twice and had a great time on each visit. The first time was on a Tuesday when they had a show - what a blast! The second time was just on a random night and we still enjoyed ourselves. Nice little place, a bit difficult to find parking unless you use their valet parking. The "girls" are charming and funny... full of personality. Don't be shy they're just like you and me, but better dressed. Food is decent, very "diner-like". My partner had fish and chips and I had a turkey burger. Both were good, but then again, you're not going here for the food are you? There's no cover and prices for food are fairly reasonable.Special Features:
- Wasn't what I expected. IOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/7/2013Wasn't what I expected. I didn't read the fine print!! The staff was pleasant and our server was above average. However, the atmosphere and the other diners are just not "my cup of tea".
- STAY AWAY-COMP. VALET NOT AVAILABLEJohnDoe12345VIPDined on 2/24/2013Everything started off poorly when we pulled into the small parking lot. It was pouring rain and I gave the valet a $5 tip to park the car. (Please note that Bananas CLAIMS to provide complimentary valet parking) As we were waiting to be seated, the valet guy came in the restuarant and told me that they were out of parking spaces, gave me the $5 back, and told me that I had to move my car immediately and park it myself. As I stated, it was pouring rain. There weren't any close spots (I'm sure I wasn't the only person this happened to) so I had to park across the street on Mills, a street which has 2 lanes in each direction and a center turning lane with no close light to cross at.
- BrunchBridgeVIPDined on 2/24/2013Bananas is always a fun experience. Go for the Gospel brunch and you will undoubtedly have a fantastic time.Special Features: