Bamiyan - El Dorado Hills
1121 White Rock Rd
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762Neighborhood:
El Dorado Hills
AfghanPrice: $30 and under
Bamiyan - El Dorado Hills
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.afghancuisine.com/
- Phone: 9169418787x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Afghan, Mediterranean, Vegetarian
- Executive Chef: Fauzia and Kareem
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For all occasions.
- Private Party Facilities: Inside or on our beautiful patio.
- Private Party Contact: Mousa 9169418787x
- Entertainment: Entertainment can be arranged by request.
for our upcoming events, music, fire dancers and more visit our site www.afghancuisine.com
A word from Bamiyan - El Dorado Hills
Afghan Cuisine Awaits You.......Since 2003 Bamiyan Restaurant has offered the sacramento and El Dorado area delicious Afghan cuisine, such specialties as Mantoo and Ashak dumplings or our award winning kebabs ranging from traditional lamb kebab to mouth watering beef tenderloin and succulent lamb chops to unique salman and swordfish kebab cooked traditionally over a bed of coals. come experience 50,000-years of flavors in our dinning room or spacious and beautiful patio. You will find that Bamiyan has something for everyone including vegetarian and vegan. Afghanistan being inhibated for, at least 50,000 years is believed to be the first farming community in the world. Being a land locked country, cooks rely on locally grown Basmati rice, meats, fresh water fish, vegetables, dried peas, beans, fresh fruits, yogurt, noodles, rice, and distinctive pallette of mildly used seasonings relative to its neighbors. We at Bamiyan use one of the finest quality aromatic long grained imported rice.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bamiyan - El Dorado Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
- My daughter and I had a deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/15/2014My daughter and I had a delicious dinner on the patio beside a fountain. The food was great -- lamb kebabs, eggplant, spinach, and some wonderful dumplings. The server was gracious and attentive. This place is a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overly Quiet and Food AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/13/2014The place was empty except for us on a Thursday night. We were there for almost 3 hours and no one else came in other than one couple. Food was average at best for the price. I had much better food elsewhere.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014My son had a high school assignment try a new culture of food and write a paper... Since the weather was bad we tried the closest place that sounded interesting. We were surprised to find that we have driven past it many times; just didn't know about them. The ambiance was nice and we were welcomed as soon as we arrived. We tried the traditional guest meal (to get a portion of all the classic dishes) and could not find anything we didn't enjoy... It was great to find out that they make everything we tried from scratch and that they used organic chicken... Everything had good flavor, yet nothing was spicy... We were blown away by the sauteed eggplant and freshness of all the dishes. We will DEFINITELY be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!!MisterMaticDined on 2/14/2014My girlfriend has been wanting to eat at this place for awhile, so I made reservations on Valentines Day. Neither of us had ever had Afghan food before either - but we're adventurous. What wonderful food! We started with champagne (a Valentines special), Ashak as an appetizer, which was delicious! Then onward to my love's seafood combination and my Kabeli Palow, which is a special rice that I had with lamb and pumpkin puree (the puree was fabulous). Desert was rice pudding and Afghan tea. There isn't enough room to describe the wonderful dishes and the terrific service. I cannot recommend this restaurant more highly - I just hope that they don't get so busy that it's hard to get a table! I look forward to trying more of their menu!Special Features:
- It was very quiet. EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2013It was very quiet. Everything was delicious and the staff was attentive without being overbearing. The outdoor dining was nice with the lamps on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, very quiet and slow.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/27/2013Wonderful meal. Alas it was a Wed evening and we were the only ones in the restaurant. It was our wedding anniversary and as we had driven past so many times, we wanted to try it out. Seems like they are very quiet during the week and perhaps more lively at the weekends. A suggestion would be to do much more to advertise to attract mid week diners, perhaps Happy hour or sample apetizers etc. The food was excellent and people need to know more about this great restaurant on their own doorstepSpecial Features:
- Everything about our visitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/4/2013Everything about our visit to Bamiyan was wonderful. It was a very slow Wednesday evening and we were the only diners but the staff carried on and treated us royally. The food was so unique and delicious. I loved the pumpkin puree, my lamb kabobs were cooked perfectly, the sauces were all different but each enhanced the food and the dessert with the Afghan tea topped everything off beautifully. I would highly recommend this restaurant and can't wait to visit again.Special Features:
- The food was wonderful. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013The food was wonderful. The serrvice was a little on the slow side, but the server was very nice. I had heard the wine selection was good, but it seemed VERY limited to me. Overall it was a positive experience and I'd recommend this to others. I also look forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- New Years Eve dinner was great.bobhDined on 12/31/2012New Years Eve dinner was great. Very flavorful. We try dine there every two or three months. Recommended.Special Features:
- On my A-List for SacramentoGeorgeDined on 12/1/2012Jackpot! After years of searching, I have finally found the perfect date restaurant with five star exotic and healthy food that can be savoured. Both meals included deliciously seasoned lamb, chicken, and an eggplant perfectly cooked and seasoned perfectly. Moreover, I noticed that both a carnivore and a vegeterian can love this place unconditionally. For years I have cursed the local restaurant scenes for boring spices and "usual" dishes that I thought one could only escape by taking a trip to San Francisco. I don't like Bamiyan... I LOVE Bamiyan! I am already planning a return this month to verify their consistency so stay tuned.Special Features:
- Delicious, thank you.Luv1dineDined on 11/7/2012Simply delicious. From the moment we walked in, until the moment we left, I had completely forgotten that I had been driving all day. The service was great the meals authentic and cooked with care despite arriving shortly before closing. The rice was indeed spectacular. Be sure to order the hot Afghani tea.Special Features:
- I get to this area a coupleOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/16/2012I get to this area a couple of times a year and enjoy having what I think is authentic Afghani food.Special Features:
- First time I ever had AfghanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2012First time I ever had Afghan food. Was very surprised by the diversity of flavors. Get the family meal where they arrange everything for you and really make you feel like you are visiting their home....Special Features:
- Don't overlook this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2012Excellent place - waited too long to make the visit. Food is delicious and great value. Service was friendly and attentive. Was a little dark when we arrived, and they cut the lights up a little so we could order. Very quiet. Will return for sure.Special Features:
- We went on a Monday nightFrankinFairOaksDined on 6/11/2012We went on a Monday night so it was very quiet. Very nice decor...outstanding service and excellent food.Special Features:
- An interesting restaurant.SromeroVIPDined on 6/2/2012An interesting restaurant. Can't complain about anything.Special Features:
- Great Authentic Afghan RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2012We have been to Bamiyan in El Dorado Hills quite a few times and this time we had some friends we wanted to introduce to this place. Service and food were great as usual, and we all loved the ambiance - has a nice and warm welcoming setting. We would keep going back.Special Features:
- Something different and vegan too!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012I am a vegan who also loves eating multiple cuisines and Bamiyan satisfied both. My wife and I had an excellent meal and thoroughly enjoyed the multitude of flavors in our meal, including our appetizer. This is a great restaurant especially if you are looking for a change of pace from the standard fare.Special Features:
- Went here for Valentines dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Went here for Valentines dinner had a 7:45pm reservation. The restaurant was full and we waited at the hostess stand for 5mins til we were approached by an employee. We were told to wait at a cocktail table. Bottom line is you would think on a busy evening like this there would be more than 2 waiters to serve the entire restaurant especially to make a great impression so people will come back. It was a disaster food was going to wrong tables, people wanted bills, etc many upset people. Food was good but service was so bad!
- The night we went here oneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012The night we went here one of their employees failed to show up. The staff was completely overwhelmed and it took a long time to place an order, get our wine, and get our food. However, I truly appreciated how apologetic the staff was and they really made the evening turn out great. The food was outstanding. We both had a lamb dish, and the lamb was cooked to perfection. Everything was well spiced and tasted great. Serving size was pretty good, and the price was decent. I would definitely go back, as the food was great and I believe that service would be much faster on any other night.Special Features:
- Bamiyan was clearly not readyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Bamiyan was clearly not ready for the Valentine rush that they had services too way to long, luckly I was wanting a bit of a wait to spend time with my wife. However 2.5 hours for dinner was a bit much. They were understaffed and I felt bad for them because they were trying to keep people happy.Special Features:
- Finally, Something NewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/14/2012Excellent! I thought I'd gotten to the point at which I couldn't find food that was truly new. Enter Bamiyan. We'd been wanting to try this restaurant for months, so we booked it for my birthday dinner at Open Table. In the "Notes" field I wrote that we'd be coming in for their "Afghan House Dinner Treat," which is a sampling of the best Bamiyan has to offer. When we arrived, the owner, Moussa, greeted us and was aware of who we were and what we'd ordered. He sat us at perhaps what he considered his best table. We enjoyed learning about the restaurant, it's original chef (his mother), and the food—which was from the start new and excellent. This Afgani food was not Arabian, nor was it Asian. Buy the cookbook as I did.Special Features:
- As usual the food was uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/8/2011As usual the food was unique and wonderful. I have never had a bad meal here.Special Features:
- Service was slow, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2011Service was slow, especially for a quiet weekday night. Waiter also seemed unfamilar with the food ingredients/preparation and the wine selection and wasn't able to answer questions well.
- The food was delicious, unique,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/20/2011The food was delicious, unique, and such a nice change of pace from all the chain restaurants in the Folsom/El Dorado Hills area. The wait staff was very gracious and attentive. And, it was so fun to end the night by sharing a peach flavored hookah!Special Features:
- the food was tasty. a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2011the food was tasty. a great place to take a vegetarian
- This restaurant is tastefullyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/5/2011This restaurant is tastefully elegant, and the service top notch. The food choices are many. The menu mentions what dishes can be made completely vegetarian. At the waiter's recommendation, we ordered manto for an appetizer. The manto we ordered was beef dumplings topped with a yogurt sauce and sprinkled with lentils. It was fabulous as well as our main courses of kebab and shish kebab. This is a restaurant where it is possible to hear and enjoy conversation with friends. No one makes you feel that you need to rush.Special Features:
- I've only been to dinner thereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2011I've only been to dinner there once, but I will definitely go back. The lamb kabob was mild and done just right. I've never had pumpkin as a vegetable but I will order it as my choice of veggie every time I go. The bread is to die for. I'm going to ask if they sell just that alone so that I can take it home and enjoy. Overall, a wonderful dining experience that I haven't had in El Dorado Hills for a very long time. The only negative was the lighting which made it difficult to see the menu. Other than that. Great!Special Features: