bambu Restaurant - Newport Beach Fairmont
4500 MacArthur Blvd.
Newport Beach, CA 92660Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
bambu Restaurant - Newport Beach Fairmont
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fairmont.com/newportbeach/GuestServices/Restaurants/bambuRestaurant.htm
- Phone: (949) 476-2001
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 11:30am, Saturday - Sunday: 6:00am - 12:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday -Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Chad Blunston
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: JOIN US FOR WEEKLY HAPPY HOUR SPECIALS IN BAMBU LOUNGE
MONDAY – FRIDAY | 4PM-7PM
$5 DRAFT & FOOD SPECIALS EVERY DAY
- Special Events: Quattro lunch –
Selecting from the freshest seasonal & local california ingredients, chef creates our weekly lunch
Combination plate, ideal for diners on the go. $22
CHEF’S DAILY KETTLE CREATION
CLASSIC FRENCH ONION SOUP
GARLIC CROUTON, GRUYERE CHEESE
ORGANIC MIXED GREENS
POINT REYES BLUE CHEESE, BROWN FIG& ALMOND PRESS
BALSAMIC PORT VINAIGRETTE
BABY HEIRLOOM TOMATOES, SQUAW BREAD CROUTON
GRILLED PACIFIC SALMON
BASIL WHIPPED YUKON POTATOES, CHORIZO, SWEET CORN
ORGANIC MARY’S CHICKEN
PARSNIP PUREE, FINGERLING POTATOES, SHAVED BRUSSEL SPROUTS
BLACK TRUFFLE JUS
PASTRY CHEF’S DAILY DESSERT CREATION
SEASONAL FRESH FRUIT
A word from bambu Restaurant - Newport Beach Fairmont
Bambú Restaurant offers a culinary experience that celebrates the variety of our region by using the freshest local and sustainable ingredients. bambú Restaurant is set in the midst of a spectacular four story Atrium in the Fairmont Newport Beach Hotel. Enjoy Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner in a comfortable atmosphere that is casual and inviting. Here, classic and creative dishes are presented with a bold combination of regional influences; sure to stimulate and satisfy your passion for food. Lunch at bambú showcases the Quattro Lunch. A new menu each week offers a variety that is sure to exceed your desire for creative, delicious, quick dining. bambú introduces Lifestyle Cuisine Plus menus; nutritious offerings designed around select dietary and diet-dependent requirements including vegan, heart-disease, gluten-free and diabetic. As the growing trend gears more towards a healthier lifestyle and quality of life, Fairmont created dishes that speak the language of both taste and health.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
bambu Restaurant - Newport Beach Fairmont reviews from OpenTable diners
- Typical hotel dining room.BlobertDined on 2/22/2014Typical hotel dining room. Nothing wrong with the food or service, just nothing exciting or any special reason to visit. A wedding reception in the next room provided too much noisy music. Waiter was very good but had to multi-task, being both the greeter and maitre d', as well as waiter for the entire room. Guests had to wait awhile at the podium when he was not in the room.
- Valentines dayJayKarDined on 2/14/2014Great ambience, pre-fixed dinner needs a steak selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service, waitressLovefoodDined on 2/6/2014Terrible service, waitress never came back. Took 30 min to get bread (as hard as rocks, and completely in edible) then took another 30-45 to get the check (which we asked for 3 times). Will never go back, will never recommend to anyone. Horrible
- Found this resturant duringToniDined on 1/23/2014Found this resturant during Newport Beach's resturant week celebration. It is in a hotel, however, the atmosphere is bright and clean. The wait staff were very helpful and friendly. The food was very good, especially the dipping sauce that comes with the bread sticks and cheese crackers. I would recommend this resturant, and we are planning on returning. Very nice place for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Classy Lunch at Bambu!PeteXDined on 1/19/2014Visited Bambu during restaurant week for a greater value. Had an amazing time, great atmosphere in the classy Fairmont Hotel. Great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MisrepresentedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013When we booked it appeared the restaurant had a sophisticated feel. We found an open space, extremely noisy and reminded me of a moderate hotel chain. The condiments reminded me of Courtyard hotels. We felt we were in a cheap hotel. After seeing what others ordered, we decided it was not reflective of the website. We found availability at a local favorite and left. We mentioned this to the valet, they seem experienced this before and did not charge us even though we did not validate. I would never eat at this restaurant. Most local restaurants were sold out New Year's Eve, approximately 70% of the dining room was open. This was reflective of the food and ambience. I have never been more disappointed in a restaurant in my life.
- PeacefulPeachesDined on 12/25/2013First time at this place. Food and service was good. Happy environment was quiet enough to visit! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Buffetluvgr8foodDined on 12/25/2013The Christmas Buffet at Bambu was wonderful. Buffet with all kinds of shellfish and fish, salads, veggies - just things for everyone. Then you also order your entree from the menu. It was a completely enjoyable afternoon. They did not rush you at all.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be back!EarlDined on 12/25/2013It was a last minute find for a Christmas Day luncheon. It also turned out to be out our very best Christmas luncheon venue. The price was great and the food choices/selection was excellent. The staff made sure that the buffet table was always stocked with food. Our server was attentive to our needs, all twelve of us. We certainly will be back for our Christmas Day family luncheon. We also found out that the hotel restaurant served Easter, Mothers Day and Thanksgiving feast this year. We will be sure to consider Bambu in 2014.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible servicetopdogDined on 12/25/2013expensive restaurant with good food, high price and terrible service we left 20% tip and should have left zero terrible Christmas day breakfastSpecial Features:
- Healthy diningscrapbookcathleenVIPDined on 10/22/2013It is a great place for a healthy lunch, provided you do not mind the noisy room. Halibut was excellent, and was worth the return trip. The cappuccino parfait was a tiny bit of indulgence...and I was glad I did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely, healthy lunchscrapbookcathleenVIPDined on 10/21/2013My waiter was a pleasant chap, swift with service, attentive, but not over-bearing, as it should be. The restaurant is noisy due to the elevated ceilings, but my entrée was cooked to perfection and I enjoyed it. I also enjoyed their "house" sparkling water. Very good, a nice "eco-friendly" choice. Thanks to the chef and his staff; I really liked the healthy emphasis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an healthy approach to diningscrapbookcathleenVIPDined on 10/18/2013I love their healthy approach to dining. They offer some vegan, some gluten-free, and other specialized menus. They were very accommodating, felt they valued our patronage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed ServicePatientObserverDined on 8/22/2013It wasn't the server Marcelo's fault that he was completely rushed with 6 or 7 tables at once and no obvious help from anyone else. He was his own Busser, hostess, and order taker. Leo a food runner would pop out from time to time to help and was very friendly. But as a whole I wanted to enjoy my dinner and not feel rushed to the point that the server doesnt have time to even introduce himself or strike up any form of communication. This felt more like the type of experience I'd get at a Denny's not at the Fairmont. On a good note the food was delicious, and both Marcelo and Leo were doing the best they could with the lack of help they had. Having worked in the industry I understand the need to cut labor, but not at the cost of the guest.
- Outstanding foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/9/2013Our meal was exceptional. Way above average and served beautifully. Out waiter was really a professional who had been with the restaurant for 25 years which is an indication of quality. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bambu is newOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/15/2013Bambu was recently renovated and is very nice. The dishes we had were uniquely prepared and delicious. Seared Ahi appetizer with curried lentils, Warm Baby Spinach Salad with Shrimp and Seared Scallops with Crispy Cauliflower were all fantastic. Sit side-by-side in one of the new high-backed booths for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- The restaurant is very slowVersaceVIPDined on 2/14/2013The restaurant is very slow that evening, Valentine's Day! But the Valentine's Dinner menu was quite good. The service was excellent since we know the server from another restaurant. Overall, we are pleased with our dining experience!Special Features:
- Very slow service and theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013Very slow service and the food was not worth the price of $69 each
- The service was the worst!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013The service was the worst! The cost of the meal was too high! The steak at Dennys is better than this steak. We would never go back and my Valentine meal was a flop. I thought it was a higher end restaurant but it is not. I wore a suit but other people had jeans and shorts. This was a terible experience. I never fill out any of these surveys but I have to warn people about this restaurant. I use Open Table.com a lot and when I see new restaurants, I want to try them. This is the only restraurant that was bad.
- Top notch food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/9/2013Great food, lousy location. I feel bad saying anything negative about this restaurant since the food was top notch - but - it's as if they got together and decided to put the restaurant in the worst place possible.... no mood... no intimacy... ruined the experience for me.Special Features:
- The onion soup was especiallyAmazingVIPDined on 1/18/2013The onion soup was especially good.The presentation of the salad, cod and dessert on individual dishes that were on a larger plate, seemed quite an efficient method to serve, especially the place got quite busy for lunch because of the participants from seminar/ conference arrived while we were having lunch. I was actually glad to see more people since it was very sparse up to their arrival. The atmosphere was very nice.Special Features:
- my partner had the rib eyeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/17/2013my partner had the rib eye steak with fries and veggies, all cooked beautifully. I had the halibut on savoy with veggies and it was great.Special Features:
- i had the filet mignon andOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/12/2013i had the filet mignon and my partner ate the lamb, both great . noise from the sports tv in the bar overwhelms atmosphere sadly........Special Features:
- The restaurant has now movedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/9/2013The restaurant has now moved back into the refurbished space,= my partner had the rib eye steak and I had the pork - both really really good.Special Features:
- This is our second visit inOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/8/2012This is our second visit in a week, so that should say it all. The staff are very accommodating and will go out of their way to give you have what you require. The food is great. We had the chicken with the white sweet potato, brussel sprouts, Guanciale,Chanterelles and Thyme juice; the pork loin came with different accompaniments, and it was one of the best meals we have had in a long time. The shrimp starter with Chayote, Sorrel, Black rice cakes and red curry emulsion was one of the best starters we have had for ages..... To finish we had the California cheese plate which comes with a compote, honey and crostini. the restaurant is going to be refurbed soon and we are excited to see the transformation although we do like the ex dSpecial Features:
- The natural jidori chickenewongVIPDined on 11/24/2012The natural jidori chicken breast was delicious - tender, juicy and flavorful and nicely paired with the earthy chanterelle mushrooms and brussel sprouts and the sweetness of the white sweet potato. The New York strip steak was seasoned but it did not overshadow the natural flavor of the beef. We tried the Triology dessert sampler - the mini pear pomegranite panna cotta was the best of the 3 - rich and smooth. The restaurant is tucked away inside the upscale hotel - only valet parking is available, but it is complimentary if you are dining at the restaurant.
- Fresh, quality food preparedDessertFirstVIPDined on 9/21/2012Fresh, quality food prepared with creativity, thought, and care. A big thank you to the chef!Special Features:
- I feel the prices on someOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/22/2012I feel the prices on some items are on the high side.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner 4/24/2012OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2012My wife and I had exceptional service and the food was outstanding. The restaurant was not busy and the people working there were very attentive, without being overly attentive. Our appetizer was top notch. Crab cakes were prepared perfectly. I would have liked a bit more of their sauce, because it was delicious. Our entrees were steaks and they were prepared to our specifications. Their chimchurra sauce really added to the steak. One improvement they could work on, please update your wine list, it's not hard. My wife had creme brule and thought it was good, but it was different than she likes it.Special Features:
- Food was okay. When factoringOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/14/2012Food was okay. When factoring in price, food was not that good. Steak was overcooked, and salad and dessert were average. Also the restaurant is in a huge area and was pretty empty, even on a Saturday night.
- Enjoyed tender and juicy wildOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/30/2012Enjoyed tender and juicy wild salmon, and a great tomato bisque. Great food in a hotel restaurant with a nice connected bar. Will return.Special Features:
- Highly over-priced, belowChicagoBoyVIPDined on 3/28/2012Highly over-priced, below average food with incompetent service. Poor lighting as well.
- We visited Bambu on ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012We visited Bambu on Valentines Day. We wanted to try a place we had not yet visited. The service was good but I ordered a Rib Eye Medium Rare. it was delivered well done and I was not happy with the steak that cost $40.00. After spending $180.00 for a below average meal, I would probably not go back.
- reserved a table which weOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/1/2012reserved a table which we ddnt get - but regardless of that and the fact it was v.busy due to a buffet for the runners of the sunday marathon....we had the shrimp cocktail starter and the Bay crab cakes...v good. then the halibut fillet with forbidden black rice, spinach etc and the half chicken, again v good and perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- The pre fixed menu for NewportOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/28/2012The pre fixed menu for Newport Beach Restaurant Week was fantastic. Good value, excellent food. Would recommend for special occasion.Special Features:
- The four of us went becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/27/2012The four of us went because they were listed in the Newport Beach Restaurant week. It is a nice hotel and the service was fine. Unfortunately, it was just another hotel venue. There was nothing special, the food was not worth the price. It was not bad but certainly made us all say there was no need to ever go back. I think this will forever be a hotel food service place and no one outside of the hotel should ever eat there.
- We really enjoyed the qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/21/2012We really enjoyed the quality of the food, however the service has severely lacking. The restaurant was near empty and he had to wait 5 minutes until someone came over and helped us. Had to ask for water and bread after a while of sitting, and just felt like the waiter had something better to do throught the night even though we nearly were the only table. Everybody in the group really liked the meal, and saved what could have been a disastrous experience.
- we shared the salmon starterOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/21/2012we shared the salmon starter which consists on about 4 different salmon dishes - enough really for a main course but being piggy we also shared the 12oz filet mignon - as usual - really good food.Special Features:
- This was the first day ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/20/2012This was the first day of the Newport beach Restaurant week - so we were really happy to be back at the hotel to try it. The chicken and lentil soup to start was lovely and were the short ribs that followed. Desert which was a chocolate flourless cake and mousse was also great. Arwi, the Exec sous Chef came to introduce himself - its always a good sign to see the person behind the cooking! I had the pork dish...again....and the almon started which I cant stop eating!! All in all, a great night of food. Cant wait to try the other food on the menu..Special Features:
- we shared a steak which wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/14/2012we shared a steak which was great - as always. Comes with lovely veggies and we ordered fries as a change. Perfectly cooked food.Special Features: