Bamboo Club - Scottsdale
8624 E. Shea Blvd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85260Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Bamboo Club - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bambooscottsdale.com/
- Phone: 4809981287
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm- 9:00pm Happy Hour is 4pm till close Everyday! Featuring $2 appetizers!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: The Bamboo Club Asian Bistro's Bamboo Room is the perfect place for business meetings or private dining for up to 40 people. We offer complementary wireless internet access and a built-in LCD projector and screen. There is no room rental charge for bookings that include food and beverages.
- Private Party Contact: Dereck Shrader 8884957320
A word from Bamboo Club - Scottsdale
This upscale casual Asian Bistro features lush décor, artful lighting, and tantalizing cuisine culminating in an exotic yet inviting dining experience. Authentic menu selections are drawn from across the Far East including; Malaysia, Thailand, China, Vietnam, and Indonesia. The expansive menu reflects the establishment's renowned expertise in the culinary flavors and delicacies found throughout Asia. Current seasonal entree specials: Miso Marinated Chilean Sea Bass. Filet Mignon topped with a Cabernet Reduction Sauce. Sizzling Saigon Lobster Tail. Macadamia Nut Encrusted Alaskan Halibut.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bamboo Club - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)great for lunch (13)special occasion (13)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (7)fit for foodies (7)romantic (7)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- NIce place, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Sierra was fantastic! Halibut was excellent; Scallops were wonderful. And the Chocolate cake and ice cream? Yikes. We ate too much! Thanks for the service and fine food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Usual, A Very Good ChoiceLenInArizonaDined on 8/23/2014I have been to the Bamboo Club many times for either cocktails at the bar or dinner. As always, the service is excellent and the food is great.Special Features:
- Always delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We have been fans for more than 10 yrs It's always freshly prepared, wonderfully flavored every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bamboo Club DiningLuv2dineDined on 8/8/2014Bamboo club has always been one of our favorite restaurants. Great Food. Wine service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Your good fortune to dine hereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2014We went to dinner at Bamboo Club for the first time with friends who had been there. Our food was superb and it was an excellent price! We started with a drink in the bar. Their blueberry cosmo is the best I have ever had and I would order that over a lemon drop any day. We also had some happy hour starters - the coconut shrimp was crispy, not greasy, and delicious. Fresh halibut was the evening special. It was a large piece of halibut, perfectly cooked, and served with fried rice and asparagus. It was so large we had leftovers to take home. We will definitely be back - and soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seakayiiVIPDined on 7/20/2014It is always nice to return to Bamboo Club and feel welcomed by Derek as a regular diner. Lindsey provided attentive service. The food, as always, was freshly prepared, tasty, and most enjoyable. I also appreciate Bamboo Club's participation in United Mileage Plus Dining Rewards Program.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FindCathyVIPDined on 7/14/2014We were on vacation and looking for something a little different. The Bamboo Club fit the bill! Their Pacific Rim food was excellent. We couldn't decide so we shared lobster tails and sea bass. Both were excellent! The waiter was great in helping us with the menu with reccommendations. We highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Lousy Service!LEDmavnVIPDined on 7/14/2014I had the reservation for tonight actually and they tell me as I entered "sit anywhere". So I proceeded to sit at a table in the lounge. Shortly thereafter I remembered I had the Open Table reservation and went up front and told them. Their statement to me was "I'm sorry since you are in the "bar area" we cannot give you Open Table credit." I stopped in my tracks closed my menu as I was planning we'd have some actual dinner paid for one drink and left. I did however let them know at the restaurant how I felt. Went to a neighboring restaurant just a few miles away and they had NO issue of us sitting in the bar! Sorry Bamboo Club, too many nice places in Scottsdale, won't be back!
- It was ok but the service was poorTravelerDined on 7/8/2014I ate here on a business trip with my colleagues. The food was ok. I ordered the seared ahi tuna and it was gray in the middle not pink or red like I'm use to. The waiter was overly sarcastic and my colleague could not tell if he was joking or serious.Special Features:
- Tastey food, nice ambienceOmNomNomDined on 6/20/2014The food here is really good. It's not as spicy as the Bamboo club on Mill Ave used to be but still delicious. Some of our favorites are the Lemongrass Scallops, Lettuce Wraps, and Tahiti Shrimp. The restaurant was slow when we went. Our service was pretty good though the hostess forgot to give our kid crayons and a menu.. our waiter stepped up and got us settled in. The food was good but my husband's scallops weren't seared which we found odd but OK since they were still cooked well. The orange chicken was a huge hit with our kid. Our napkins smelled of mildew which was a bit of a turn off when wiping food off your mouth. The food more than made up for it though. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Disappointed!Diner1VIPDined on 6/14/2014Drinks were terrible! Food was not acceptable! Server was very good!
- seakayiiVIPDined on 6/7/2014I appreciate being recognized by Derek and his mother as a returning customer and can be accommodated in a quiet booth for more private dining. Server Sierra is always polite and attentive; she asks if everything is okay. I am glad that Bamboo Club also participates in United Mileage Plus Dining Rewards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair-KaufmanDined on 6/4/2014Nothing great, really was not happy with a Mongolian beef and my orange chicken being 17 dollars a plate and having hardly any meat.
- Excellent halibut!njfranVIPDined on 6/3/2014Have been to the restaurant several times and it never misses. Portions are ample and the macadamia nut crusted halibut special was define. Can't wait to go back and try happy hour!Special Features:
- Unique & TastyBambooClubDined on 5/30/2014A little different but very pleasing atmosphere. Great tasting food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TommytheBartenderDined on 5/19/2014We've been going here since the 80's . it's always clean, comfortable, great food, good service, great look. we had two issues with the same issue actually, or would have rated service higher. One of the party was brought a chicken dish instead of a scallop dish in error. That was OK, it happens, but then in looking at the bill prior to my Father signing, we would have been charged for BOTH the entre's, as the chicken entre was still on the bill. it was taken off after I pointed it out, and I still tipped over 20%.Special Features:
- Fine foodLitTeacher66Dined on 5/11/2014We come here on special occasions like my birthday, Mother's Day, etc. it's good food, reasonable to talk, and their berries flambé is a great end for a meal.Special Features:
- One of our favorites!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/9/2014My wife's Favorite is Orange Chicken "Crispy". Myself I have selected almost all the choices on the menu and have never been disappointed. Bamboo Club is worth the drive from any part of the city.Special Features:
- Excellent service and foodBrianDined on 5/8/2014We had a great dinner. Service was great snd the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 356 reviews are from the Bamboo Club - Scottsdale reviews archive.
- Great experience and foodKJlovestoeatoutDined on 4/26/2014We enjoyed our evening. The service was terrific as well as the food. The good is so fresh and tasty. The timing was perfect. And, the drinks were great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried The PatioLenInArizonaDined on 4/19/2014I have been to the Bamboo Club numerous times. I think the place is great.... food, service, atmosphere. For the first, at the suggestion of my date, we tried dining on the patio. It was a beautiful evening and it was great. I am not sure how it will be in July or August, but on a April evening.... it was wonderful. As always, the food and service was perfect.
- Won't be returning unfortunately.AllisonDined on 4/5/2014We use to love Bamboo Club- not sure what happened. The ambience is looking a little run down, the prices definantly went up and the food does not have the presentation it use to. The service was also very poor. We use to always go to the one in Tucson and we always left like we had just had a special night out, same with the one that was on mill. The last 2 times at the scottsdale restaurant have been disappointing. It makes me sad but will not be returning.
- Just OK - Middle of the Road PlaceKittyVIPDined on 4/3/2014All is just OK. There are other places to try first. The Halibut was very good though - a generous portion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- have gone for the last timejahlDined on 3/30/2014have gone for the last time ever. Food is expensive and not good. Fast food Asian is better!!! Greasy and Yucky meat!!!!
- Really good experienceJASpan718Dined on 3/29/2014I can't believe I neglected to write a review on this restaurant. I can't recall our servers name to thank her. On her game, courteous, knowledgeable. We spent the better part of 2 hrs & chose to have a constant array of appetizers in lieu of appetizers & entrees. It was our 1st visit & the menu was too enticing to limit ourselves. We chose to do our own "tasting menu" & our server was happy to oblige, giving us good guidance w/our choices! She was so accommodating considering we were outside, the restaurant was busy & its not like she could just drop a plate or 2 & come back to refill a drink or ask the obligatory is there anything else we need. A very good evening, a comfortable environment, delicious food, terrific service. Big Fans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- once againthankskdVIPDined on 3/27/2014the $18 terryaki salmon beats nearly any I've had for the more common $24 tab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter was full of informationPeggyDined on 3/22/2014Waiter was full of information and enthusiasm - probably a little too much information about how different things could be altered to suit one's taste. We had a party of eight - all of us enjoyed our meal and conversation. For a Saturday night, I was surprised there were not more diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as usualthankskdVIPDined on 3/19/2014bamboo continues its excellent cooking and we enjoy both the food and the atmosphere a couple of times a month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greasy- gross foodblueskyVIPDined on 3/18/20141. The menu makes it sound good...but does not describe what will arrive at your table. 2. Grease- grease- and more grease... The look, feel, and taste of the food. 3. Uneducated servers when questioning what was on menu and what subsequently arrived on table. We ordered the lobster tails... Stated that they are prepared table side...what arrived at our table were two dripping soggy battered and deep fried lobster tails- which was not what the menu described... An accurate description for that dish would have been: " Two battered and fried lobster tails from yesterday that we microwaved today. May be completely in edible and we can't prepare table side since this was cooked at least a day ago. Fried rice was rice floating in grease-
- March 8, 2014StuInScottsdaleDined on 3/8/2014Food was fabulous as always. Sat outside but when it got cold we asked if the heater near our table could be turned on. Manager said no because of smell of gas. He said the heaters were not working properly. We really wanted to be outside but with no heaters working we asked to move inside. Waitress said 4-5 times how "slammed" they were in the kitchen and how slow the service would be. It was. Fortunately, we were in no hurry but others around us complained.Special Features:
- Love this place!Ras8Dined on 3/5/2014We moved to VA from Scottsdale and always stop here when we visit.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time great foodRainoutDined on 3/1/2014Had a great time after we were rained out for the dBacks spring training game. Food was great and so was the service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ForgettableurlifetimeDined on 2/26/2014The service was good but all else was forgettable. The pork was dry, noodles were overcooked, shrimp tasteless, presentation without thought, ambiance, bland and dirty. I would not return.
- Great late night dinehippyVIPDined on 2/24/2014Food was hot and fresh. Server was attentive. Outside area was very nice will be returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thankskdthankskdVIPDined on 2/24/2014what a delightful surprise! I had no idea that our neighboring bamboo club could produce genuine gourmet quality dinners. I may have had equally fine salmon dinners, but NEVER BETTER than I had the other night at bamboo club; perfectly sautéed spinach and bell pepper mix as a bed for the generous and lightly (but perfectly grilled salmon steak. For 18 dollars? P lease keep that cook (chef?)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't being returningPNGSctsdaleVIPDined on 2/16/2014First visit. Chose frm Phx Fine Dining member list. 4 of us seated promptly but took 15 min for server to arrive. Took 20+ min for 2 drinks to be delivered. Server took order & ret shortly to say they were out of shrimp - order was chgd. 20 min later ret to say they were out of duck. Order chgd. She apologized. Told mgr our issues. He said they were not out of shrimp. Order chgd back but out of duck. His apology limited to "sorry". Food arrived & was good but we had to request utensils & napkins. 2 req to settle bill.1 to get it & 1 to random waiter to take credit cards. He did, we left, never to return. Good food not good enough to makeup for poor service & attitude. Phx Fine Dining establishment, we think not! Don't waste your time
- Have been there before andBridgeexpertVIPDined on 2/15/2014Have been there before and generally good. Nothing great, but steady. This time, nothing was very good. Tomas service quite nice.
- Bamboo for Valentine's Day!HkkippyDined on 2/15/2014We had the Valentine'sDay special align with friends and enjoyed it very much. The food and service never fail to disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The hostess was an older ladyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The hostess was an older lady and not very nice at all. The food was very boring and was not worth what we paid for it.
- A Winner, Once AgainHitestDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I love the Bamboo Club enough to brave it on Valentine's Day. The food and service are typically excellent. Only complaint is the noise level. I guess that is what you have to put up with when there is a lively bar crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.