344 West 52nd Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bamboo52nyc.com/
- Phone: 2123152777
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Monday - Sunday: 4:00 pm - 2:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: John Greco III
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full menu online on our web site. www.bamboo52nyc.com
- Entertainment: Live DJ Tuesday through Saturday.
Bar open till 4AM
- Special Events: Sushi Saki Tastin menu on Mondays. Pre Theater dinner on Saturdays.
Happy hour from opening till 9pm and Sunday ALL DAY LONG
A word from Bamboo 52
Bamboo52 Sushi Bar and Lounge has the longest Happy Hour in Hell's Kitchen. Fresh Sushi, Sashimi and Maki rolls are served from 11 am till 2 AM during the week and 4pm till 2 AM Saturday and Sunday. Come relax and "Just Escape" in our garden or dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bamboo 52 reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (14)neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (11)fit for foodies (9)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (7)great for lunch (5)romantic (3)special occasion (3)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- A favorite of oursBethVIPDined on 8/27/2014As usual, Bamboo 52 comes through. Their dishes are delicious, fresh and creatively prepared. Don't hesitate to make a reservation. You won't be disappointed.
- rayg888Dined on 8/16/2014Sells itself as Japanese cuisine restaurant but not even close to authentic...basically a tourist trap for theater goers from out of town.Special Features:
- Mediocre Sushi, ok serviceBillElisaVIPDined on 8/5/2014By NYC standards, the sushi is mediocre at best in quality and quite ordinary in variety/selection. Not a place we are in a hurry to return to.
- Great find!NYCfoodieDined on 8/1/2014I've been there three times so far. Everytime is great. I was in a rush this time so we hoped that our orders were taken faster. However, the waitresses were pretty good with time and the food came at a great time. The salmon roll is delicious and their happy hour specials are great. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun RestaurantMLauriaDined on 7/29/2014The food here was prepared beautifully and tasted just as good. The prices and drink specials made ordering a lot easy. The drinks were BOGO and really well made. I would recommend this restaurant to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findNYCfoodieDined on 7/28/2014After discovering the restaurant on Yelp, I found a really great sushi place. The restaurant was pretty empty around 1:30 pm but the decor was beautiful. The service was great. There is happy hour basically all day. The sushi was delicious. I would definitely like to go again at night with a group of friends. There is also an outdoor patio in the back of the restaurant, which looked really cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodnoonisVIPDined on 7/16/2014The food was really, really good. The staff seemed to be dealing with some issue that made them a little distracted but our server did his best to get us everything we needed. Definitely worth a visit.Special Features:
- enjoyed dinnerRdr525VIPDined on 7/2/2014We arrived before 5-restaurant very quiet, ex for a few people at the bar. Given our choice of tables. It was too hot to sit outdoors, so we picked a low table. They had high stooled tables too. Our drink order was taken, and since it was happy hour, it was 2 4 1. Had delicious seaweed salad, oysters, sashumi and 2 different rolls. All was very good and fresh. Waiters were attentive but not overbearing. Would definately return when in the neighborhoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food reasonable theatre distDahktahDined on 6/20/2014Able to sit with room Friday night in season on short notice. Reasonably-priced good food, and not all of us were fans of sushi. Mostly sushi and rolls. We'd go back.Special Features:
- ServicemickygDined on 6/18/2014The service was not that great. The sashimi was so so but acceptable for the price.Special Features:
- Raw bar was greatHawaiignopasDined on 6/15/2014The raw bar was delicious. The oysters tasted fresh that we had 3 dozen before our sushi and meal. Ambiance was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jsalVIPDined on 6/6/2014The food was not as good as on our previous visits. Service was friendly but sparse and unreliable. The place becomes a bar/lounge at night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nicer viewluv2eatsushiDined on 6/6/2014The Garden Seating was not offered to us. We would have had a nicer experience if we would have been outdoors on such a nice day. The sushi was fantastic and the wait staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud but tasty happy hourahoughjr3Dined on 5/23/2014Man, that BBQ chicken roll was amazing. Never had a bad thing to say about the food here. Seated promptly, but the waiter was a bit young and slow - didn't seem to have much experience. And several loud parties on a Friday evening didn't help the cause. But my gf and I will certainly be going back, probably for the awesome $10 lunch special!Special Features:
- Excellent sushi in a great locationglo1Dined on 5/16/2014I was looking for a sushi restaurant in a location not too far from a subway stop on a rainy night. The walk was only a few blocks. The sushi was excellent. At 7 pm on a Friday, the place was active but not mobbed. I would definitely return to this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, terrible serverMarthaVIPDined on 5/13/2014The food was good, the sushi conbinations are pretty interesting. Our server could not care les for providing a good service. Not nice at all and aproched the table a few times using quite an unopropriate verbageSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth ItUncleHowdooVIPDined on 5/4/2014Was looking for a sushi restaurant for dinner. Saw this one advertised. Should have known something was amiss when I walked in and the place was empty. Three staff members (one waitress, one bartender, and one manager) were chatting. Even after placing our order, they three continued to chat. It took an incredibly long time to get our food and drinks.....AND NO ONE ELSE WAS IN THE RESTAURANT. To make matters worse, we ordered some tuna and some salmon rolls. They came out together and couldn't be distinguished. One of our guests wouldn't eat salmon and was quite perturbed because the staff couldn't tell the items apart. Service was quite poor, and the food, just average. Would not go back. Not even for 1000 points.
- Love it here!CPnycDined on 5/2/2014Gets better every time! Love the food, and the outdoor patio!Special Features:
- The following 124 reviews are from the Bamboo 52 reviews archive.
- Great sushi spot!CPnycDined on 4/7/2014Love this sushi spot in the neighborhood... Great vibe and good food. Gem for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find for us!TashaVIPDined on 3/29/2014My friend and I took our daughters to Bamboo 52 for an early dinner after a matinee. We were greeted right away, seated and had a wonderful server. I Enjoyed my Cosmo ...I'm picky! ......not a huge glass, but a nice average size...and we all shared a bunch of rolls. Everyone loved it...ESP enjoyed the "lovely roll". (My favorite) Miso soup was really good and our one cooked dish (udon noodles) was fabulous. We would definitely return, we all enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you want sushi after workOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/25/2014There is nothing about Bamboo 52 that has me dying to go back. That being said the food was still good, the service was over the top kind which made the experience really enjoyable, and the drinks for happy hour are 2 for 1! So, if you're in the area and want Japanese - go for it!Special Features:
- Sushi was delicious and fresh-LisaGDined on 3/22/2014Sushi was delicious and fresh- and I'm a bit of a sushi snob. We were there celebrating a bachelorette party and I was a little disappointed in the dining experience, our server wasn't very friendly and the ambience was just ok. Overall, I would go back for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi & Happy HourRTabbDined on 3/21/2014I've been to Bamboo 52 quite a few times for happy hour. The sushi is always fresh and the boats are delectable! Service is usually pretty good - but can get a little slow at the peak of happy hour. The speciality drinks are B1G1 and the other moderately priced. I've never tasted a bad roll here.Special Features:
- Asian Fusion tastes goodReenaVIPDined on 3/19/2014We arrived at the restaurant and was pleased with the menu. The only problem was the choice of seating. There were tables of average height with banks of seating against the wall and backless stools across from them OR high tables with high chairs with backs. We chose the high tables. We prefer regular chairs of normal height with backs. Maybe they will be available the next time when we eat outside under the umbrellas in the spring. The tables on the patio looked perfect, as was the lemon pie for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a good restaurantBrianDined on 3/15/2014Went on Saturday of St Patrick's weekend. The restaurant/bar was part of a weekend bar crawl which made it quite noisy with the party goes. Except for that was a good experience. The sushi was fresh, and there was a $1 special for blue point oysters, which suited this Piscean to a T.
- Good foodjojonycVIPDined on 3/13/2014Good sushi, long happy hour, 2 for 1 special from 11am-9pm, pretty busy for dinner time.......personally i am not a big fan of the space there, especially when it gets crowded, will try lunch next time, should be much more pleasant I guess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonably priced sushi in HKOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/11/2014We tried some non-traditional sushi rolls, and all were interesting and delicious. The decor was beautiful, but most of the seating was Asian-sized. I felt like I was squatting in my booth because the seat was so low to the ground. Half of the seating was ottomans/stools, which I also don't care for. The drinks were good and reasonable, and the 2-for-1 happy hour made them even more reasonable. However, we had to flag down a waiter to take our order, to fill our water glasses, and bring us our check. No one ever came to our table, and the restaurant was half empty.Special Features:
- Server was awful...MWJ79VIPDined on 3/11/2014What was his name? Mark? Matt? The overweight queen who rolled his eyes and decided to take our order on his iPhone ..."seriously" and still got it wrong... Sushi isn't that great. Service is ratchet. Atmosphere is blah. Avoid if possible [03/11/14]
- Great spot!CPnycDined on 3/11/2014Great sushi spot for the neighborhood... Great food, good service and a cool atmosphere. Nice patio area and a nice bar. Definitely recommend for a fun spot with good sushi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Sushi Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014I went there on a first date and really enjoyed the place. The food was really good. They were always alert to us if we had a question even on the drink menu.Special Features:
- Just So SoPatrickVIPDined on 3/5/2014Frankly went because it was a 1000 point restaurant. Sashimi appetizer was OK, not the freshest, but certainly OK. The Udon noodles were horribly bland. I kept adding soy sauce to give any flavor at all -- or salt.
- Great place for happy hour!xela104VIPDined on 3/4/2014Went here with co-workers and ended up spending a few hours here as they have fantastic happy hour specials!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed!AvonieDined on 2/27/2014Made a reaervations but Restaurant did not have a table for me and had to sit at the Sushi Bar. To make matters worse, a server did not come over to us for at 25 mins. We had to call the host over. To add insult to injury we were not checked in when we arrived and now we may not receive our 1000 points for dining! Not an overall good experience!
- Great service!ChrisMVIPDined on 2/21/2014The best part of Bamboo 52 is the servers and bartenders. So friendly and welcoming! The rolls are a bit pricey but really good. Great happy hour. It was a nice spot for a pre-show meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit the spotJezebelDined on 2/3/2014Visited during a snow storm so not many folks dining out...that sai, the food and service at the bar were great...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi and the steakKristaPopVIPDined on 2/3/2014Great sushi and the steak was amazing!! Only thing I did not like were the oysters. They topped them with green onion and fish eggs. Normally I like both of those, but on the oyster they just got stuck in my throat and almost choked on them. Otherwise, the service was attentive but not over bearing. I had a raspberry mojito which was so good I ordered another one! When I asked the server to muddle jalapeno in it, she was more than happy to do it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi!Mel23Dined on 1/31/2014I have been to this restaurant a few times now. I love the happy hours drinks are 2 for 1, and the sushi is great!!Special Features:
- not authentic Japanese foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/23/2014I did not order sushi since it was my first time to visit this restaurant. I usually wait until my second visit to eat raw fish as I do not want to get sick from bad fish or infection. I ordered a bento box. The way food is prepared and served is not traditional Japanese and I felt strange. If you are not born in Japan and you go for drinking and food this restaurant may be good.
- Bamboo 52 -- Good Spot for SushiRickyortegaDined on 1/10/2014We went her for an engagement celebration for our dear friends and we got there ahead of reservation time. The host was amazing trying to get us seated and comfortable. We were seated for 6 that later turned into 7 and Bamboo 52 really came through and made the celebration fantastic!! Drinks weren't too tasty and there were hiccups in taking some of our orders but, overall it wouldn't be anything I can think of to not bring us back here. Thanks again to the most wonderful host and we all will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a blastChrisDined on 1/4/2014We have been going to Bamboo 52 for three years running and each time has been as memorable and amazing as the last.Special Features: