945 Cole Street
San Francisco, CA 94117Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bambinosristorante.com/
- Phone: 415-731-1343
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Joel Scherbak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bambino's Ristorante offers catering options.
A word from Bambino's Ristorante
In a warm, open and attentive setting, Bambino’s Ristorante offers a tasteful and varied mix of classic Italian and original fare. We serve Dinner, Lunch and Weekend Brunch. Reserve or drop in for anything from a snack to a celebration.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Bambino's Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Cole Valley ›
Bambino's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)notable wine list (14)fit for foodies (12)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (10)good for groups (10)great for lunch (6)special occasion (6)romantic (5)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Very good italian good !santojulianDined on 10/25/2014Great restaurant ! Service is perfect, nice atmosphere, food is very good but maybe a little bit too pricy ! The restaurant is in the cole valley so it's maybe one of the reason I'll go back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of My FavoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/16/2014Bambino's is one of my favorites, with excellent food and great service. They never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is divine!LuvSFDined on 10/15/2014We love this restaurant, since all of the food is absolutely unbelievable. The vegetarian options are really, really good. Their homemade sauces are full of aroma and what makes this restaurant so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood restaurantEleanorDined on 10/2/2014We were there on a Thursday evening and there were not many diners while we were there (from 7-9), which was a bit surprising. The neighborhood is lively. The pasta dishes and the filet mignon were good. I had the veal saltimbucco for the first time. I believe they used chopped veal rather than a cutlet and it was not as good as I had expected, especially for $26. I would not go out of my way to go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cole Valley FindKateDined on 9/28/2014This was our first time dining at Bambino. We went with friends. My request for a quiet table/ window table was granted. We all enjoyed our food. The service was outstanding. We all agreed that we like Cole Valley. It was a tasty and pleasant experience all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All in all just a great menuOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/26/2014I fine dining experience at Bambino's. Calamari friti was light and crunchy. Pea and radish salad was to die for. Margarita pizza was thin light and delicious. Chicken parmesan was coated with Japanese style bready (wonderfully light) nice rich marinara and a thick coating of mozzarella, I was in heaven. Flourless choc. olive oil cake just melted in my mouth and was ever so rich and light, both at the same time (I know that makes no sense but it was). Nice wines and reasonable priced. Our server Sam was just a pro. Knows the menu backwards and forwards. Spaces the courses out perfectly. All in all just a great menu at Bambino's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cole Valley CornerstoneSFInnycVIPDined on 9/25/2014Inviting, warm, knowledgeable and delicious are just a few adjectives one thinks of after dining at this solid, underrated spot in Cole Valley. A "go-to" spot when entertaining friends. Bambino's never misses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Really Great Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014Went here with family and my 2 year old boy for a three way b-day celebration. I'm a little paranoid when I go out...SF is not such a kid-friendly town, and my experiences have been mostly misses in the hit or miss world of OT "kid-friendly" spots. This place was absolutely wonderful! Service was attentive, food was delicious and coursed properly, and the whole staff was really sweet to all of us. I had a really nice time. We don't typically go out...having a young child puts a damper on that for a bit, but when you have to, it's really nice to know there's a place you can really enjoy yourself. Thank you for the really wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/18/2014Took our friends to Bambino's for dinner, and we all had a great dinner, good wine and enjoyed spectacular service. Even when there's something on the menu you've had before, there's a new twist that makes it different but still great.Special Features:
- Always ExcellentSandyVIPDined on 9/15/2014Our daughter was here from out of state and she wants to go to Bambino's every time. The special cannoli with pistachios is perfect. Their chicken in wine sauce was tender and juicy, and the gluten free special fig pizza works! The service is attentive and friendly - it has become our favorite go to restaurant.Special Features:
- Always a good mealperlmanreaDined on 8/22/2014Bambino's never falters on the quality of the food. It is noisy. It can be crowded. However, they do not rush you once seated. Service is slow but adequate. Big windows to the street are always enjoyable. Lots of neighborhood people. Children are welcome. Breads are baked on site and delicious. Take out and delivery is excellent, too. Been going there for twenty years and never a bad experience.Special Features:
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/21/2014This restaurant is a gem! We went for brunch on Sunday and enjoyed the biscuits and gravy with eggs. This was the BEST sausage gravy I have ever had! The bloody Mary's are also quite tasty. This my "go to" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandyVIPDined on 8/17/2014Love their brunch! from the complimentary mini-scones with currants to the Roma omelette or Eggs Benedict or whatever: it is all wonderful!Special Features:
- Great BrunchChazVIPDined on 8/17/2014Omelette was very good, and I was able to get a salad instead of potatoes. I liked being able to get a refill on my Mimosa for only $4. The waitress was very nice!Special Features:
- Consistently Terrific!ExecutiveMomVIPDined on 8/17/2014My family and I have brunch at Bambino's every Sunday. Our twin toddlers love the thin crust pizza and the omelets are well-prepared and delicious. Even better, the service is always top notch. Erin and the other staff members are super friendly, warm and helpful. They make the experience such a positive one- I highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Food is ok, service slowishOrionEridanusDined on 8/16/2014Service is adequate, but I think they should add one more server. I had the New Zealand Blue Bass special. Pretty darn dry fish/overcooked. Even if if had been salmon it would have been a tad overdone. The beet salad was delish though and the veggies that came with the fish were awesome. Some uncooked greens with a great dressing and some pretty good Brussels sprouts. The place is very noisy, but most SF restaurants suffer from that.
- Amazing DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/5/2014We had an amazing dinner. Full house on a Saturday night, but they sat us promptly at 7 pm (the time of our reservation). The wine, pasta, pizza and dessert were fantastic. Service was great, too.Special Features:
- Bambino's - Great Brunch!AntzinCVDined on 8/3/2014Bambino's is an excellent choice for Brunch in Cole Valley. Located two doors down from Zazie, a fine eatery, Bambino's brunch is just as delicious, if not better, without the wait! I love the quaint feel of the restaurant as well as the variety of brunch choices (breakfast pizza? Yes, please!) Everyone is warm and inviting, the service is well-timed and friendly and it won't empty your wallet. I highly recommend Bambino's.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/23/2014Truly a neighborhood gem. Plentiful and delicious food. Personable and efficient service. Comfortable ambience. All at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/17/2014It was wonderful as usual. Always fab food. A favorite of ours.Special Features:
- We went twice in three daysJasperDined on 7/13/2014We were in SF for some medical stuff at UCSF. The high point of the trip was finding this little gem. From the moment we walked in, we felt welcome and cared for. Everything we ordered (both nights) was perfect. And we usually skip dessert but try the house made vanilla bean gelato with the espresso sauce. Genuis.Special Features:
- A Cole St. destination.BakingBreakfastDined on 7/8/2014Cozy, homestyle Italian cooking. Chicken Masala was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 264 reviews are from the Bambino's Ristorante reviews archive.
- Cole Valley gemTravelerVIPDined on 6/27/2014We love Bambino's! Great food at a good price-point, with excellent service. Less noisy than most other spots on Cole St. for a weekend night dinner. And - true to their name - they are kid-friendly, even coming up with novel ways to amuse our toddler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No! No! No!LaLaDined on 6/22/2014Yes, we liked the neighborhood and the service, but the Italian food was mediocre and the ahi tuna was returned to the kitchen and taken off our bill. We will not be back.
- Good Dinner Restaurant, Will ReturnUSS1994Dined on 6/19/2014Booked on a whim based on reviews. Found that there was good food, good service, and a pleasant atmosphere. People I was with liked the wine selection. Highly suggest asking the staff for their favorites - found some great dishes that I wouldn't have tried otherwise. Had a good time, will return in the future.Special Features:
- SandyVIPDined on 6/15/2014Fantastic brunch menu on Sundays. Our first time trying it: omelettes, eggs benedict, scones and coffee all excellent!Special Features:
- CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014Great place for a double birthday celebration. Good food, good service, had a great time. Will recommend and will return.Special Features:
- SandyVIPDined on 6/8/2014Always great! Love their complimentary olives!! Please bring back your chicken cacciatore - we miss it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and serviceLizziDined on 5/29/2014I've dined at Bambino's several times. The food and service is always great. We requested Erin to br our server. She's awesome, friendly and consistent. We live her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/26/2014Brought another group here and once again, the Bambino's staff made it a great evening. Love this neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- jamiekVIPDined on 5/26/2014Food was good, as always, but we were disappointed that the brunch menu was not offered on a Monday holiday. Even so, the salads, omelets and Panini were very good. We were hoping for the eggs benedict and similar items but they were not available. I would still not hesitate to return, esp since a neighboring restaurant always has such a long brunch wait.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceDenaDined on 5/20/2014This restaurant does not disappoint. Food was great and so was the serve and price for what you got.Special Features:
- Fabulous food and friendly service!FoodlovrDined on 5/18/2014The food and service were just perfect. A nice selection of choices. We arrived late, but were gladly seated quickly. The anti pasta platter was great as was the spinach salad and Brie pizza. Our waitress was helpful and efficient. Couldn't have been more please with our meal and our wine selection and price were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/16/2014Just a very nice neighborhood restaurant. Food was delicious and plentiful. Service was just as it should be excellent.Special Features:
- Outstanding service.GuitarmanDined on 5/11/2014Very good food. Very kid friendly. Outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/4/2014The food and service are just terrific. Breads and desserts are homemade! Portions are generous and quality is always topnotch. It is truly a gem!Special Features:
- Easy neighborhood placeDineroutVIPDined on 5/1/2014The food is good and the service is always wonderful and accommodating.Special Features:
- Nice family atmosphereNapamelVIPDined on 4/28/2014This is our neighborhood Italian restaurant to go with our Grandchildren. They each got the children's pizza which was bigger than we expected. Since we ordered 2 we ended up taking one home. I had the angel hair with shrimp and artichoke. It was a rather large portion and I did not notice the lack of shrimp until part way down. When told they apologized brought out the shrimp and did not charge me for the dish. This was all very nice but this entree still did not taste that good. It was too watery since they use regular instead of canned tomatoes. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencejak1Dined on 4/20/2014We went on Easter and had a lovely dinner. Our server, Erin, was outstanding--very friendly and knowledgeable. Would definitely recommend it and would certainly go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014The service was excellent with a smile. The food was very good. We had a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.