945 Cole Street
San Francisco, CA 94117Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bambinosristorante.com/
- Phone: 415-731-1343
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Joel Scherbak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bambino's Ristorante offers catering options.
A word from Bambino's Ristorante
In a warm, open and attentive setting, Bambino’s Ristorante offers a tasteful and varied mix of classic Italian and original fare. We serve Dinner, Lunch and Weekend Brunch. Reserve or drop in for anything from a snack to a celebration.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Bambino's Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Cole Valley ›
Bambino's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)good for groups (18)kid-friendly (17)great for brunch (15)fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (11)notable wine list (10)special occasion (10)romantic (6)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- SandyVIPDined on 8/17/2014Love their brunch! from the complimentary mini-scones with currants to the Roma omelette or Eggs Benedict or whatever: it is all wonderful!Special Features:
- Great BrunchChazVIPDined on 8/17/2014Omelette was very good, and I was able to get a salad instead of potatoes. I liked being able to get a refill on my Mimosa for only $4. The waitress was very nice!Special Features:
- Consistently Terrific!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/17/2014My family and I have brunch at Bambino's every Sunday. Our twin toddlers love the thin crust pizza and the omelets are well-prepared and delicious. Even better, the service is always top notch. Erin and the other staff members are super friendly, warm and helpful. They make the experience such a positive one- I highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Food is ok, service slowishOrionEridanusDined on 8/16/2014Service is adequate, but I think they should add one more server. I had the New Zealand Blue Bass special. Pretty darn dry fish/overcooked. Even if if had been salmon it would have been a tad overdone. The beet salad was delish though and the veggies that came with the fish were awesome. Some uncooked greens with a great dressing and some pretty good Brussels sprouts. The place is very noisy, but most SF restaurants suffer from that.
- Amazing DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/5/2014We had an amazing dinner. Full house on a Saturday night, but they sat us promptly at 7 pm (the time of our reservation). The wine, pasta, pizza and dessert were fantastic. Service was great, too.Special Features:
- Bambino's - Great Brunch!AntzinCVDined on 8/3/2014Bambino's is an excellent choice for Brunch in Cole Valley. Located two doors down from Zazie, a fine eatery, Bambino's brunch is just as delicious, if not better, without the wait! I love the quaint feel of the restaurant as well as the variety of brunch choices (breakfast pizza? Yes, please!) Everyone is warm and inviting, the service is well-timed and friendly and it won't empty your wallet. I highly recommend Bambino's.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/23/2014Truly a neighborhood gem. Plentiful and delicious food. Personable and efficient service. Comfortable ambience. All at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/17/2014It was wonderful as usual. Always fab food. A favorite of ours.Special Features:
- We went twice in three daysJasperDined on 7/13/2014We were in SF for some medical stuff at UCSF. The high point of the trip was finding this little gem. From the moment we walked in, we felt welcome and cared for. Everything we ordered (both nights) was perfect. And we usually skip dessert but try the house made vanilla bean gelato with the espresso sauce. Genuis.Special Features:
- A Cole St. destination.BakingBreakfastDined on 7/8/2014Cozy, homestyle Italian cooking. Chicken Masala was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No! No! No!LaLaDined on 6/22/2014Yes, we liked the neighborhood and the service, but the Italian food was mediocre and the ahi tuna was returned to the kitchen and taken off our bill. We will not be back.
- Good Dinner Restaurant, Will ReturnUSS1994Dined on 6/19/2014Booked on a whim based on reviews. Found that there was good food, good service, and a pleasant atmosphere. People I was with liked the wine selection. Highly suggest asking the staff for their favorites - found some great dishes that I wouldn't have tried otherwise. Had a good time, will return in the future.Special Features:
- SandyVIPDined on 6/15/2014Fantastic brunch menu on Sundays. Our first time trying it: omelettes, eggs benedict, scones and coffee all excellent!Special Features:
- CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014Great place for a double birthday celebration. Good food, good service, had a great time. Will recommend and will return.Special Features:
- SandyVIPDined on 6/8/2014Always great! Love their complimentary olives!! Please bring back your chicken cacciatore - we miss it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and serviceLizziDined on 5/29/2014I've dined at Bambino's several times. The food and service is always great. We requested Erin to br our server. She's awesome, friendly and consistent. We live her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/26/2014Brought another group here and once again, the Bambino's staff made it a great evening. Love this neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- jamiekVIPDined on 5/26/2014Food was good, as always, but we were disappointed that the brunch menu was not offered on a Monday holiday. Even so, the salads, omelets and Panini were very good. We were hoping for the eggs benedict and similar items but they were not available. I would still not hesitate to return, esp since a neighboring restaurant always has such a long brunch wait.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/20/2014This restaurant does not disappoint. Food was great and so was the serve and price for what you got.Special Features:
- Fabulous food and friendly service!FoodlovrDined on 5/18/2014The food and service were just perfect. A nice selection of choices. We arrived late, but were gladly seated quickly. The anti pasta platter was great as was the spinach salad and Brie pizza. Our waitress was helpful and efficient. Couldn't have been more please with our meal and our wine selection and price were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/16/2014Just a very nice neighborhood restaurant. Food was delicious and plentiful. Service was just as it should be excellent.Special Features:
- Outstanding service.GuitarmanDined on 5/11/2014Very good food. Very kid friendly. Outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/4/2014The food and service are just terrific. Breads and desserts are homemade! Portions are generous and quality is always topnotch. It is truly a gem!Special Features:
- Easy neighborhood placeDineroutVIPDined on 5/1/2014The food is good and the service is always wonderful and accommodating.Special Features:
- Nice family atmosphereNapamelVIPDined on 4/28/2014This is our neighborhood Italian restaurant to go with our Grandchildren. They each got the children's pizza which was bigger than we expected. Since we ordered 2 we ended up taking one home. I had the angel hair with shrimp and artichoke. It was a rather large portion and I did not notice the lack of shrimp until part way down. When told they apologized brought out the shrimp and did not charge me for the dish. This was all very nice but this entree still did not taste that good. It was too watery since they use regular instead of canned tomatoes. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 248 reviews are from the Bambino's Ristorante reviews archive.
- Great experiencejak1Dined on 4/20/2014We went on Easter and had a lovely dinner. Our server, Erin, was outstanding--very friendly and knowledgeable. Would definitely recommend it and would certainly go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014The service was excellent with a smile. The food was very good. We had a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Distinctly average/below par.......cs493Dined on 4/19/2014Bambino's was sort of OK. We booked having read the reviews which on the whole said it was good, but really didn't agree with them. The ambiance was fine, as was the service and the price. The food was the issue - rather underwhelming. It has been a long time since we have eaten such bland and under-seasoned food, e.g. fillet mignon and smashed red potatoes that have clearly never been in the presence of any salt. My husbands pasta was so bland/dry that he didn't manage to finish it, something I don't recall ever happened in the proceeding 15 years we've been together! We have had much better food for a similar price elsewhere in San Francisco. I would not recommend Bambino's and I doubt we'll be returning.Special Features:
- Excellent organic specialsSandyVIPDined on 4/18/2014The homemade organic basil linguine with lemon- olive oil sauce was so fresh and so delicious! The special canoli dessert and the special organic spinach salad were exceptional. Great Italian food!Special Features:
- Forget Zazie!ChristineDined on 4/13/2014Cornflake crusted brioche French toast, mimosas, and Benedict's to die for! Saturday and Sunday brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Min. ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/8/2014Made a last minute reservation and glad I did. Started with the calamari (has to be the best in town) and a pea and radish salad, both with so very fresh and delicious. Then 2 of us had the sturgeon and 1 had the linguine with clams, both were well prepared and also delicious. Finished with the chocolate bread pudding (we all shared), tender moist nice flavor balance, not too sweet, just a great dessert. It was a hot day for us in SF so we ordered the Cade Sauvignon Blanc and it went perfectly with our meal. Food was well prepared, tasting and very generous portions. Service was professional with a smile and personality. In conclusion, just a wonderful dining experience, we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will ReturnOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/27/2014The friendliness and attention was perfect. The food was made to order and the serving size was generous and mouth watering. A great relaxing and satisfying experience. You need to always leave room for dessert as they are freshly made on site.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really wonderful food andhappydinerDined on 3/22/2014Really wonderful food and service. I hadn't been to this place in 20+ years and it was just as good as I remembered it.Special Features:
- My Go To RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/20/2014Whenever I want very good food (and wine), good solid service (with a personality), and just a comfortable environment, I go to Bambino's. Never a disappointment. Always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a great spot! Pizza wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/4/2014Just a great spot! Pizza was delicious - toppings fresh and dough well cooked. Staff was excellent to us and we had two five years olds who were not angels. A very welcoming feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Italian GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/19/2014We chose this cute neighborhood Italian restaurant for our belated Valentine's celebration. The oak furniture and Italian ceramics coupled with our exceptionally cordial server, Sam, made this a memorable night. We ordered mussels in garlic broth, eggplant parmiagana, and thin crust pizza - all tasty and delicious. Dessert was cannelloni with strawberries and afogato - espresso over ice cream. Recommended for a special meal, not too overpriced, with attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Choice for ItalianJohnBanzDined on 2/14/2014Very good Italian restaurant in the City. The Cole Valley neighborhood is a nice change and the restaurant a very good choice for dinner.Special Features:
- Ok italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/8/2014Babinos is ok, the food was not super good, it's more like a neighborhood restaurant, familiar, no special. For what you get I felt it's a little expensive. Nod bad eh
- We come here often for consistentlySandyVIPDined on 2/2/2014We come here often for consistently excellent food with an accommodating kitchen that lets you substitute. Their chicken dishes are a great value. But! we miss your wonderful chicken cacciatore! please bring in back! Thank you! Wonderful pasta, pizza and specials! The wait staff are perfect.Special Features:
- convenientmImaDined on 2/1/2014We were seated promptly. Food was tasty. Waiter did not hover. Not too costly.Special Features: