Bambino Bar & Kitchen
297 Frankin St.
Buffalo, NY 14202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bambino Bar & Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bambinobar.com/
- Phone: 7162409851x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday
Full Kitchen- 11:30-10pm
Pizza Oven till- 12am
Full Kitchen- 11:30-11pm
Pizza Oven till- 2am
Full Kitchen- 5pm-11pm
Pizza Oven till- 2am
Full Kitchen- 4pm-10pm
Bar stays open as crowd dictates
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Noel Morreale
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Take out PIZZA! MEATBALLS! SAUCE! CANOLLI!
- Private Party Facilities: The Carlucci Private Dinning Room can accommodate up to 12 guests with a personal butler.
- Private Party Contact: Gabrielle Mattina 7162409851x
- Entertainment: 8 Massive televisions, playing sports and news.
A word from Bambino Bar & Kitchen
Welcome to over 4,500 square feet of cool. BB&K is where the buttoned-down crowd comes to impress at power lunches by day. And hipsters, downtown residents and event goers mingle at night. You needn"t be highbrow to come here. You just have to appreciate great food, sophisticated yet casual atmosphere, and exceptional service. At BB&K, urban tavern meets updated Italian comfort food and bold flavors marry perfectly with a mix of hearty to healthy items (gluten free/whole wheat pizza and pasta).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Bambino Bar & Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Buffalo ›
Bambino Bar & Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (12)fit for foodies (11)vibrant bar scene (10)neighborhood gem (10)great for lunch (8)late-night find (8)hot spot (6)special occasion (5)romantic (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Been here several timesfoodfriendDined on 9/13/2014I have been here several times and have always been pleasedSpecial Features:
- Not badasylumDined on 8/22/2014All the food we ate was pretty good. I had the Bambino burger and my husband had the gnocchi. We also ordered their arancini and calamari. All tasty. The bread, however, that they brought to the table was a little tough. Clearly reheated, not fresh. Service was a little slow, but the servers were clearly working their butts off. I went because I had a livingsocial voucher, and would probably go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs workvecchio49VIPDined on 8/17/2014Trendy place with a nice outdoor bar and dining area upstairs. Food is average; a casual dining menu. Servers need to learn the limited menu so that they can properly answer patrons questions.Special Features:
- Fabulous ItalianTravelingmomDined on 8/16/2014I went to this restaurant with three children, ages 14, 9 and 7. Since the dining area is above the bar, the noise level was fairly high. This made it great however to drown out the kids fighting. The food and service were top notch. The salad caprese, with hoemade fresh mozarella and a basalmic glaze, was wonderful. My entree, chicken picatta, was the best I've ever had. The sauce had artichokes. I opted for roasted vegetables instead of the pasta. These were also delighful, with onions, asparagus tips, roasted red peppers, zucchini and carrots. For desert, the homemade Tiramisu, large enough to share, was delicious. My daughters enjoyed the mini canollies, just the right size for them. This is a great find in downtown Buffalo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- issue open tqbl, not restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Open table reservation was not received at restaurant. Fortunately they were able to accommodate us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOPMomDined on 8/1/2014Great service, food was good, but not outstanding. Our prosciutto pizza appetizer was the best of the dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PizzabmacDined on 7/30/2014Its has really good food, and we loved the pizza, We also like going to places with patios which it has but the patio definitely needs some repairs or finishing, They had a enclosure around the patio which I think would be a lot nicer if it wasn't there or at least finish it so you didn't see the insolation. I would go again.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceKevinMDined on 7/26/2014With so many Italian restaurants it's tough to single one out. But the food was awesome and the service was great.Special Features:
- LackingBuffalo412098Dined on 7/18/2014The hostess forgot we had been waiting at the bar for our table and the bartender had to remind her. We had a reservation for 7:45, no seat til 8:30. The server had to be asked for bread, water refills, and other various things a server should be on top of. When I asked for the veggie sandwich, they apparently were out of the bread they make it? So I had to change to the pizza, which tasted fresh, the fries were good as well. Overall, not impressed. Won't be returning.Special Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Arrived for an early 5:30 Friday dinner and restaurant was very quiet. As time went on more tables were occupied. The seafood Diavolo was excellent! I would definitely return. One suggestion would be to offer more craft beers.
- Great Dinner!SSBurmasteDined on 7/17/2014We had a quick before-the-theater dinner here the other night. Service was very prompt and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad We ReturnedBuffoodieDined on 7/16/2014We hadn't been to Bambino's in a while and we were all pleased with our meal and the service. We told out waiter early on that we were going to a show and we were able to get to the show in plenty of time without being rushed.Special Features:
- So-soOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/20/2014Everything was average. The hostess first sat us downstairs, across from the open kitchen area. There were no other diners and the air conditioner was blowing right on us and it was freezing. We asked to move to a different table and were accommodated. She then sat us upstairs, which is MUCH nicer (and warmer!) and there were plenty of unoccupied tables. I have no idea why she sat us downstairs to begin with. Weird. The waiter was nice, but felt the need to explain some of the "words we might not understand" on the menu. Like "carbonara." Please. It would have been insulting if it weren't so amusing. There is nothing on this menu that a marginally sophisticated diner would need help in understanding. Calamari was soggy.
- Incredible food at great priceAllycatDined on 6/15/2014Four of us went to dinner to Bambino for the first time and all of us loved it which usually never happens. For appetizers we got the fried mozzeralla which was the best any of us have ever had and we got the margherita pizza which was also very good. We shared the chopped salad and Cesar salads and they were also tasty. For dinner we got the Mediterranean pasta with shrimp added, veal Parmesan with pasta, a shrimp pasta special, and their lasagna which I got. Everyone loved their meals and I have to say the lasagna was so so delicious and enormous. The red Sunday sauce they use in a lot of dishes is very very good and more on the sweet side. Would definitely come here again for the great food and reasonable prices! Also is kid friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will someplace new next yearOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Last year i met my family for dinner on Friday night and came back Saturday night with friends it was so good.This year was a disappointment. ... last year there was house made mozzarella....it wasn't on the menu...The menu didn't have as many unique dishes as last year....service was ok...waiter not really on the ball. The group of us were in for the Allentown Art show....we will try something different next year....
- Great food and serviceBigODined on 6/14/2014This was our first time at Bambino. We really enjoyed it and will be back next year during a Shea's showSpecial Features:
- Great Service, bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014James are server was wonderful, food was bad dry and over cooked.
- JanHDined on 6/11/2014Bambino's is a great spot for before the theater. Tasty food and good service.Special Features:
- NICKLESDined on 6/11/2014Booked review on Open Table and had my confirmation # but restaurant had no reservation for us. We were going to Sheas' for a show and the restaurant did not seem overly concerned. We ended up eating @ the bar and only order a sandwich instead of a full dinner and bottle of wine. Food was fine but it was not the experience we planned on.
- PeterDined on 6/10/2014The excuses about not having enough servers is getting old. could not finish meal before having to leave to make show. It is clear that the management of this restaurant does not care about their customers. Will find someplace that does.
- DiningwithfriendsDined on 6/7/2014Probably the best meal and dining experience I have had in months. I have already suggested it to a friend who plans on going soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant but a bit muchFoodie23Dined on 6/6/2014Had a lovely dinner at Bambino with my husband and a friend on Friday evening. Food was excellent and we all left stuffed. One concern was that our waiter was a bit pushy-coming to the table at least half a dozen times. Attentive service is something I prefer but there is a fine line between that and overbearing. All in all-great meal.Special Features:
- great menuRyanMcQDined on 6/6/2014Menu was full of good choices. We got the biancoverde pizza, which was excellent and a chicken milanese which was good, but could have used a bit more seasoning or sauce. Drinks were good, but nothing incredible.Special Features:
- Sifu NormSifuDined on 5/31/2014My wife & I have been to Bambino's several times as it is a convenient place to go after the theatre. The food quality ranges from good to not so good. The pizza's are very good & we have never had a bad one. My favorite is the margherita. Wine is served in very small glasses with a small bowl & is usually too warm. The pricing is very fair.Special Features:
- The following 281 reviews are from the Bambino Bar & Kitchen reviews archive.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014The food was excellent, service was great and loved the atmosphere. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spectacularstella12Dined on 5/2/2014rob , our server, was amazing. made great recommendations. will definitlley come back again the caprese salad amazing.Special Features:
- Pre-show dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/1/2014I went to Bambino with two friends for an early dinner before a show. We were greeted warmly and quickly, and seated right away. While our server was very friendly, he was really a bartender, and a few items were not as ordered. He quickly made amends (bringing the correct items, comping the incorrect one), but seemed a bit scrambled. I would go back, however - the food was good, and the location was very convenient to the theater.Special Features:
- Dinner and the Show!HairdoDined on 4/29/2014Great place to get dinner or share pizza and a salad before going to see a show.Or just to go downtown and enjoy Buffalo.I enjoyed it so much was there 2x's in one week (went to Shea's ).Park...Eat...walk to the theater .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Stopped here for dinner before going to the theater. What a great find! Enjoyed terrific food with great service! Relaxing atmosphere...we'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Went for buffalo restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2014Went for buffalo restaurant week. No problems with service. Did run out of some items as it was sat night during this event. Overall great timeSpecial Features:
- Nice dinnerKarynSDined on 4/5/2014We ordered the seasonal arancini and the zucchini frites and they were very tasty. I had the shrimp and gnocchi. Our waiter couldn't seem to really get his act together. My husband had the spaghetti carbonara and enjoyed it. My Mom had the rigatoni Bolognese from the restaurant week menu and enjoyed it as well as her Caesar salad and mini cannoli.Special Features:
- Worst service everDisappointedDined on 4/1/2014We decided to try Bambino before attending a show at Sheas, had a reservation. 15 minutes before server approached table, we let her know we were going to a show to which she replied "everybody is", should have left then. 35 minutes before drinks were served and order was placed. When appetizers were served, our server asked if we were ready to order entrees, we already did when ordering appetizers. While clearing apps, we were told food would be ready in 5 minutes. After 25 minutes, I tracked down server, who then delivered check ,food and to go containers. Did she expect us to take food to Sheas? Then asked if we would like to come back after the show, really? Bartender informed me "sweetie, we were busy and only had 2 servers on.
- Great atmosphere, good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2014This was my first time to Bambino's. The atmosphere was lively and energetic. Food was very good. Service was a little slow, but we had a reservation just before the theater crowd headed over to Shea's so the restaurant was packed. Very cool building and ambiance. Definitely would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but frustrating eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2014I tried calling Bambino's several times to change my reservation, but it always went straight to voice mail. I left a message but never got a returned call. When we arrived at the restaurant & told them we needed to change our reservation from 8 to 4 people, they couldn't accommodate us. We had to sit at the communal tables in the bar & it was extremely noisy. We were seated at a table for 10 and there were others at our table. It was hard to talk and hear our own parties conversation. The food was very good but they couldn't even make a Bloody Mary as they were out of mixer. They have a very limited menu & it is pretty expensive. Not sure if we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Show timeFood4diDined on 3/29/2014Party of 6 with an appetite to satisfy before show at Shea 's. We were able to enjoy our wine, delicious bread and appetizer, then a lovely dinner with a few minutes to spare. Our server was busy, but did his best to accommodate. He couldn't catch a minute to read us the specials so, server number two came to his rescue. Our orders were put in and meals arrived in time. Food was tasty, not exceptional, but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservation through opentable...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2014Made a reservation for through opentable before an event.They seated us in a semi converted outdoor area with heaters during a rain/ice storm. One wall was literally just a tarp with rain running under it. The staff apologetically showed us to our table stating "when you make reservations through opentable we can't move you". I understand how opentable works but there were the same empty tables in the dining area when we left! We wouldn't have stayed but we needed to eat something before our event and there wasn't any time to go drive around to do so. The food is pretty good and I just felt bad for the staff because they knew how ridiculous this was. Management needs to stop making these tables an option unless weather permits.
- Pre-Shea'sSnyderMomDined on 3/28/2014Was looking for a place to grab a bite before seeing a show at Shea's. Have been wanting to try Bambino and was pleased to see I could make a reservation through open table. I had crab cake app (special) and eggplant parm. Both outstanding. The companion had fried calamari and margarita pizza. The calamari was perfectly cooked, but a tad bit salty. Pizza was good. I had one glass a of cab -had to be the tiniest glass of wine I ever had at a restaurant-chintzy. Service was good. Most of the house was pre-Shea's so they were hustling to get everyone served and out. If you want to go at the last minute, I recommend a 7:30 arrival on the night when there is something at Shea's. The place will be emptied out by then! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken and gnocchi was dry.PatJDined on 3/26/2014Chicken and gnocchi was dry. The rest of our food was good. Like going there for ambiance and drinks. Server was very friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just "OK"musicalgoerDined on 3/25/2014After hearing so many commercials on the radio, we decided to try Bambino before a musical at Shea's. Because of the lateness of our call, we were given a reservation at 4:30pm. There was not a sole in the restaurant. That is why cold appetizers (that were supposed to be hot) and overdone main coarse was difficult to swallow. I can understand is the place was packed and they were trying to get musical goers out the door, but this was not our case. We were asked to leave our table because a 6:00pm reservation was coming in (that was just fine). We proceeded to go downstairs and sit at the bar. The bar area had such an awful odor (we thought it smelled like dirty rags used to wipe up the bar), that we couldn't sit there and left.Special Features:
- Never go on St. Paddy's DayreviewerDined on 3/16/2014Our experience was terrible because of the noise from customers and the sound system. It made eating dinner quite uncomfortable. We couldn't wait to leave. On another day, the restaurant would be very good.I would recommend this to a friend.