Bambino Bar & Kitchen
297 Frankin St.
Buffalo, NY 14202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bambino Bar & Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bambinobar.com/
- Phone: (716) 240-9851
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday
Full Kitchen- 11:30-10pm
Pizza Oven till- 12am
Full Kitchen- 11:30-11pm
Pizza Oven till- 2am
Full Kitchen- 5pm-11pm
Pizza Oven till- 2am
Full Kitchen- 4pm-10pm
Bar stays open as crowd dictates
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Noel Morreale
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Take out PIZZA! MEATBALLS! SAUCE! CANOLLI!
- Private Party Facilities: The Carlucci Private Dinning Room can accommodate up to 12 guests with a personal butler.
- Private Party Contact: Gabrielle Mattina 7162409851x
- Entertainment: 8 Massive televisions, playing sports and news.
A word from Bambino Bar & Kitchen
Welcome to over 4,500 square feet of cool. BB&K is where the buttoned-down crowd comes to impress at power lunches by day. And hipsters, downtown residents and event goers mingle at night. You needn"t be highbrow to come here. You just have to appreciate great food, sophisticated yet casual atmosphere, and exceptional service. At BB&K, urban tavern meets updated Italian comfort food and bold flavors marry perfectly with a mix of hearty to healthy items (gluten free/whole wheat pizza and pasta).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Bambino Bar & Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Buffalo ›
Bambino Bar & Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (26)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (19)late-night find (15)romantic (14)special occasion (12)hot spot (12)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- AwesomeGodgooglerDined on 11/21/2014Great place near theaters with an innovative chef. Always good specials. Even bread and butter is special here. They made a pumpkin butter with a hint of cinnamon which was awesome. Try any cutlet bambino style. Not just good service but EXCELLENT service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGBpdbobDined on 11/8/2014Went thinking it was going to be one of those high class restaurants. Once inside the total opposite, nice antique look with the rustic decor, Very clean and comfortable. Even with all the sports on tv the noise level was low for those dining ....great place AWESOME food, and our waiter was ***** - yes 5 stars!Special Features:
- Great restaurant Great FoodPattyDined on 11/1/2014This restaurant has a little bit of everything and is great to dine at just before going to a show @ Sheas. They have parking and the convenience is there. I would recommend stopping here for drinks/dining before a show or just going for whatever reason. Have been here several times and never had an issue.Special Features:
- wonderful first visitlululentilDined on 10/28/2014Rob was our very attentive server and he definitely made our dining experience perfect. We had never been to Bambino before and he welcomed us, found us the perfect wine, recommended the caprese salad (due to its delicious house pulled mozzarella), and happily accommodated my vegetarian diet. It was a quiet night, and the low lights and relaxed music playing- coupled with our stellar food and wonderful server- made this the date night we've had in years! A Living Social deal brought us in, but we will definitely be back again with or without a coupon! Thanks again to Rob for reminding us that great servers still exist!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- minifridgeDined on 10/25/2014Bambino's again impressed, food was fantastic, service great and ample free parking in an area of the city that is very busy.Special Features:
- Return to BambinosacmagsDined on 10/17/2014We have always loved Bambinos and always came to celebrate special occasions, although we hadn't been there in a while. We were concerned because the previous owner had left and we really enjoyed Noel and his hospitality and recipes. We immediately noticed that the 2 large tables up front were gone. That probably was a good idea, but the restaurant looked empty; missing something. The blackboards were blank. It did not have that vibrant feeling we were used to. We also noticed our regular wait staff -who we enjoyed since the original opening - seemed to be gone. BUT the service was welcoming, wonderful and efficient. All our food was delicious- same recipes. We had a wonderful evening. In general our fears were unfounded. We will return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun timecrockett15Dined on 10/12/2014Six of us had a great meal and a fun time. The waitress Sarah was very attentive to our needs and very personable. We had plenty of time for our dinner before heading to Shea's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sat outside insideOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Had a reservation, was seated in the outdoor upstairs patio that had been enclosed for the winter season, it was mid October. Not very much in the ambiance dept although heaters were available and the temp was okay. All the other rooms looked a little better.
- Very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014We came in just after theatre riush (expect to wait between 5p-7p on show nights). Very good food & friendly waiter!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseCheesePleaseDined on 10/10/2014The food was delicious and as close to authentic Italian as I've ever had from a restaurant. It has Franks Sunny Italy and Chefs easily beat. Great ambiance and very friendly service. They were running a little bit behind schedule though and seemed to be understaffed but beside poor communication from the hostess, everything was great. I will definitely be back and have already recommended it to multiple people.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The food was wonderful. We had the meatball appetizer that came with a dollop of ricotta cheese. The sauce was amazing. The Chop Salad was very fresh and delicious. The specials were unique and drinks prices were reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The pizza is the best !! And the staff is always super friendly and very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatdiner23Dined on 10/10/2014I'd go back again for dinner before a show because it is so conveniently located in the theater district. No complaints, the food and service as good. Just nothing exceptional about this place. They were very accommodating as we were 1/2 late for our reservation but were able to seat us right away and didn't rush us through dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLibrarybook1Dined on 10/7/2014Had reservations for 6:00, food did not arrive until 7:10. We had to be at a show at Shea's at 7:30. We had to rush through our meal to get there on time. They also had run out of bread, which we didn't know about until we asked. We sat on the enclosed patio, it was cold and as time went on it became very dark. By the time our food arrived we had to ask them to turn on the lights so we could see what we were eating. Overall we were very disappointed. The food was good, too bad we didn't have time to enjoy it.
- GoodbooksDined on 10/7/2014The food was excellent. the bar area is friendly and inviting. Our server was efficient but not intrusive. This is a great spot for Sheas events as it is conveniently located and offers freee parking.Special Features:
- Perfect Before the ShowMountainmanReviewsDined on 10/4/2014We always grab dinner downtown near Shea's before the performance. We have had problems with time and service at other restaurants, but Bambino's was great! Food was excellent, and although packed solid, and our waitress running ragged, she hustled constantly, kept us apprised of the status of our meal and all with a smile. Made it to the show in plenty of time. Wonderful experience.Special Features:
- AmazingRae620Dined on 10/4/2014From the food to the service everything was fantastic. Great food and drink menu. I will absolutely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & Great ServiceBuffaloGalDined on 9/26/2014This was our first time at this restaurant and it won't be our last..The food was very good and service was over the top. The atmosphere was very inviting and pleasant. It was a perfect place for our "date night"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KeepitgoingDined on 9/19/2014Great place. Great food. The only thing is they need some more help. It was not really that busy this last time I went. And them seemed to be all over the place. But as long as u have good friends and family to talk with you should be fine. Maybe food and drink runners would help everything easier on the waiter. Other than that I would say go give a try. And with a large party deff call ahead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been here several timesfoodfriendDined on 9/13/2014I have been here several times and have always been pleasedSpecial Features:
- Not badasylumDined on 8/22/2014All the food we ate was pretty good. I had the Bambino burger and my husband had the gnocchi. We also ordered their arancini and calamari. All tasty. The bread, however, that they brought to the table was a little tough. Clearly reheated, not fresh. Service was a little slow, but the servers were clearly working their butts off. I went because I had a livingsocial voucher, and would probably go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs workvecchio49VIPDined on 8/17/2014Trendy place with a nice outdoor bar and dining area upstairs. Food is average; a casual dining menu. Servers need to learn the limited menu so that they can properly answer patrons questions.Special Features:
- Fabulous ItalianTravelingmomDined on 8/16/2014I went to this restaurant with three children, ages 14, 9 and 7. Since the dining area is above the bar, the noise level was fairly high. This made it great however to drown out the kids fighting. The food and service were top notch. The salad caprese, with hoemade fresh mozarella and a basalmic glaze, was wonderful. My entree, chicken picatta, was the best I've ever had. The sauce had artichokes. I opted for roasted vegetables instead of the pasta. These were also delighful, with onions, asparagus tips, roasted red peppers, zucchini and carrots. For desert, the homemade Tiramisu, large enough to share, was delicious. My daughters enjoyed the mini canollies, just the right size for them. This is a great find in downtown Buffalo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- issue open tqbl, not restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Open table reservation was not received at restaurant. Fortunately they were able to accommodate us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOPMomDined on 8/1/2014Great service, food was good, but not outstanding. Our prosciutto pizza appetizer was the best of the dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PizzabmacDined on 7/30/2014Its has really good food, and we loved the pizza, We also like going to places with patios which it has but the patio definitely needs some repairs or finishing, They had a enclosure around the patio which I think would be a lot nicer if it wasn't there or at least finish it so you didn't see the insolation. I would go again.Special Features:
- The following 298 reviews are from the Bambino Bar & Kitchen reviews archive.
- Great food and serviceKevinMDined on 7/26/2014With so many Italian restaurants it's tough to single one out. But the food was awesome and the service was great.Special Features:
- LackingBuffalo412098Dined on 7/18/2014The hostess forgot we had been waiting at the bar for our table and the bartender had to remind her. We had a reservation for 7:45, no seat til 8:30. The server had to be asked for bread, water refills, and other various things a server should be on top of. When I asked for the veggie sandwich, they apparently were out of the bread they make it? So I had to change to the pizza, which tasted fresh, the fries were good as well. Overall, not impressed. Won't be returning.Special Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Arrived for an early 5:30 Friday dinner and restaurant was very quiet. As time went on more tables were occupied. The seafood Diavolo was excellent! I would definitely return. One suggestion would be to offer more craft beers.
- Great Dinner!SSBurmasteDined on 7/17/2014We had a quick before-the-theater dinner here the other night. Service was very prompt and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad We ReturnedBuffoodieDined on 7/16/2014We hadn't been to Bambino's in a while and we were all pleased with our meal and the service. We told out waiter early on that we were going to a show and we were able to get to the show in plenty of time without being rushed.Special Features:
- So-soOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/20/2014Everything was average. The hostess first sat us downstairs, across from the open kitchen area. There were no other diners and the air conditioner was blowing right on us and it was freezing. We asked to move to a different table and were accommodated. She then sat us upstairs, which is MUCH nicer (and warmer!) and there were plenty of unoccupied tables. I have no idea why she sat us downstairs to begin with. Weird. The waiter was nice, but felt the need to explain some of the "words we might not understand" on the menu. Like "carbonara." Please. It would have been insulting if it weren't so amusing. There is nothing on this menu that a marginally sophisticated diner would need help in understanding. Calamari was soggy.
- Incredible food at great priceAllycatDined on 6/15/2014Four of us went to dinner to Bambino for the first time and all of us loved it which usually never happens. For appetizers we got the fried mozzeralla which was the best any of us have ever had and we got the margherita pizza which was also very good. We shared the chopped salad and Cesar salads and they were also tasty. For dinner we got the Mediterranean pasta with shrimp added, veal Parmesan with pasta, a shrimp pasta special, and their lasagna which I got. Everyone loved their meals and I have to say the lasagna was so so delicious and enormous. The red Sunday sauce they use in a lot of dishes is very very good and more on the sweet side. Would definitely come here again for the great food and reasonable prices! Also is kid friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will someplace new next yearOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Last year i met my family for dinner on Friday night and came back Saturday night with friends it was so good.This year was a disappointment. ... last year there was house made mozzarella....it wasn't on the menu...The menu didn't have as many unique dishes as last year....service was ok...waiter not really on the ball. The group of us were in for the Allentown Art show....we will try something different next year....
- Great food and serviceBigODined on 6/14/2014This was our first time at Bambino. We really enjoyed it and will be back next year during a Shea's showSpecial Features:
- Great Service, bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014James are server was wonderful, food was bad dry and over cooked.
- JanHDined on 6/11/2014Bambino's is a great spot for before the theater. Tasty food and good service.Special Features:
- NICKLESDined on 6/11/2014Booked review on Open Table and had my confirmation # but restaurant had no reservation for us. We were going to Sheas' for a show and the restaurant did not seem overly concerned. We ended up eating @ the bar and only order a sandwich instead of a full dinner and bottle of wine. Food was fine but it was not the experience we planned on.
- PeterDined on 6/10/2014The excuses about not having enough servers is getting old. could not finish meal before having to leave to make show. It is clear that the management of this restaurant does not care about their customers. Will find someplace that does.
- DiningwithfriendsDined on 6/7/2014Probably the best meal and dining experience I have had in months. I have already suggested it to a friend who plans on going soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.