25 Edwin H Land Blvd.
Cambridge, MA 02141Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bambara-cambridge.com/
- Phone: (617) 868-4444
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday 6:30 am - 10:00 am
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 am - 2:00 pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Friday & Saturday 5:30 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jay Silva
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Or, let Bambara create enticing menus for an event at the adjacent Hotel Marlowe, which offers three beautiful rooms with views for your guests to enjoy. The flexible and beautifully appointed rooms can accommodate intimate ceremonies, gala Cambridge wedding receptions, chic holiday parties, and other Cambridge special events of up to 350 guests.
- Special Events:
A word from Bambara Restaurant
Nestled on the Charles River Canal and a short walk from Cambridge’s popular Kendall Square, Bambara Kitchen & Bar is a modern and relaxed gathering place, offering approachable, seasonal American cuisine rich with ingredients found along the Eastern coast.Continued
The cocktail and beer menu mirror the laid back atmosphere, including a robust list of craft beers and globally inspired cocktails.
The cocktail and beer menu mirror the laid back atmosphere, including a robust list of craft beers and globally inspired cocktails.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bambara Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (15)good for groups (11)special occasion (10)romantic (9)neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (5)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Atrocious ServicePattiDined on 11/22/2014Food was still good but dinner took 3 hours. After bringing delays to their attention in the first hour, the service continued to be slow, although the restaurant was not full. The food was good but not worth the pain.
- Nice placeBaltasarBrazilDined on 11/12/2014Nice place with excellent food and good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014We were seated near the kitchen even with a reservation. This provided glaring light and noise.nnThe food was average; they serve cuts of meat that are inherently tough, fries were warm not hot and the greens over dressed. The server took it back and replaced it with hot fries and fresh greens that were perfectly dressed... And bought dessert.
- great rainy night treasuresamnjudyDined on 11/6/2014terrific, knowledgeable bartender (great wine list and whiskey collection)....solicitous but not intrusive staff...creative menu where old stalwarts such as cod and skirt steak reimagined ...in a hotel lobby yet it felt like an intimate family restaurant...Special Features:
- Didn't want to go out - surprise!AlMichele84VIPDined on 11/2/2014Last night of our weekend in Boston, didn't want to travel for dinner so we ate in the hotel. We have eaten here before the renovation and it was good - this time it was tremendous! Salad was tasty and I had the braised cod - hope no one noticed when I licked the plate. Had a great dinner - thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere, OK food & service.moonrighteousDined on 11/2/2014This place was a bit of a risk. The food was OK and the service was as well. What bugged me was how quiet it was for a brunch Sunday. I suppose this is more due to the area. It wasn't the easiest to find. If you're looking for a quiet place to chat with a friend, this is the place to go. Other than that, I can't really recommend it.
- A Delightful DinnerDeeDeeDined on 10/24/2014My husband and I went to Bambara for the first time on Friday night. It was a surprisingly good experience. I say surprising because we normally don't dine at restaurants at hotels unless we're actually staying there. The room was almost romantic, great lighting, comfortable seating, art nicely framed on the wall, and good music, fit the mood. We had a charming, attentive, knowledgeable and discreet server named Mustapha. The food was exceptionally delicious. There were some beautifully executed standards, but for me the more exotic choices stole the show. The Tuna Tartare was the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyF00DDined on 10/11/2014The presentation of the meals are lovely and it even tastes better.Special Features:
- Less than expected.zepto17Dined on 9/26/2014Although we had read mixed reviews about this restaurant, after reading positive coverage about Bambara's recent rennovations, we decided to give it a try. Four of us arrived for a 7:00 p.m. reservation on a Friday evening. The restaurant was not all that busy, but the service was less than stellar. Our server was very nice but struggled to keep up with all of the tables. The cocktails were tasty, but arrived after the appetizer. Given the price point, the quality of the meal was very disappointing. The "Kung Pao" wings were bland. The signature "seared yellowfin tuna" was okay...mostly luke warm. The "Pan Seared Scallops" were quite good, but the accompaning ravioli was terrible. Overall, the experience was truly unsatisfactory!
- iolitizDined on 9/22/2014After much hype, the dining experience was less than fabulous. The food was competent, but my steak was overcooked. The noise from a birthday group was unbearable. I will not rush back to this establishment.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014The New decor looks great and the food and service was fantastic. Parking is easy with valet service. Prices are very reasonable for restaurant of its quality in the city.Special Features:
- Surprisingly goodjd37Dined on 9/20/2014Ate here because I had a gift certificate. The food was excellent. Lobster sliders, pan fried scallops were really delicious. The salad had way too much dressing. I didn't mark them down because everyone seems to do that. Why? The waiter was very nice and earnest, but his English was average at best and it did take some effort to communicate. We got a booth by the window, very roomy and cozy at the same time. Would absolutely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal in CambridgeshowdinerDined on 9/18/2014My wife and I were spending a few days in the Boston area and stayed in Cambridge. We found this restaurant on open table and decided to give it a try. we were very pleased with our choice. Our server Anna was very pleasant and recommend the swordfish special, which we both had and thoroughly enjoyed. The Bar was a bit noisy but she seated us towards the back which was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frenchVIPDined on 9/17/2014I eat here frequently, particularly for business lunches. It's just right. The staff are very good. The renovation/redecorating doesn't do anything for me but the food and service/hospitality is as good as before.
- Amazing food, great ambianceerife97Dined on 9/7/2014Great experience! The service was a little slow, considering it wasn't busy at all, but the food was superb. The best tuna tartare I've ever had. Every dish had a great, surprising mix of flavors. Strongly suggest trying it out!Special Features:
- Bring back the old decorRoverguyDined on 9/6/2014We have been eating at Bambara since it opened. Loved the old decor, hate the new decor. The new is too sterile, too tame, too Boston. Sorry to see Kimpton break stodgy with their decor. Food and service are still very well priced.Special Features:
- Not a great experiencescottyVIPDined on 8/31/2014I called as I pulled up to the Bambara to figure out parking.The hostess put me on hold 3 times then told me there was no parking validation on Sundays.My fiancé, who met me on a work break, drove separately and was told there WAS validation. I left my ticket in my car. When I found out- I was frustrated off mere principle- not the fact that parking was 4$. The only time we saw our waitress was when she took our order. 45 mins for us to get our entrees & we mentioned our time restriction!She forgot my chowder. We never got the butter we requested with no salt. And the steak was terrible w/ foul tasting salad dressing. Thank you to the GM(chris)for trying to make it better.I will try you in the future b/c of the way you handled the problem.Special Features:
- Wonderful food & serviceRobinVIPDined on 8/31/2014The Shaved Salmon Salad, Burrata and Romaine salad (deconstructed caesar) were all great! And were presented beautifully. We also loved the Braised Cod (Very flavorful), Lobster Gnocchi (gnocchi were light and tasty), Bacon & White Clam Flatbread (great combination of topping ingredients), & the polenta fries! Would definitely order them again. Favorite dessert was the pineapple upside down cake. Sheila served us graciously, kept our water glasses filled, and gave us the right amount of attention. The restaurant was not busy when we arrived, and was quiet. By the time we left, the bar was busy, and most tables were occupied, but it was not noisy. Still able to have a conversation with dining companions without shouting.Special Features:
- Menus needs ImprovementTheHonestCritic09Dined on 8/28/2014The food quality seemed good but the preparation seemed pretentious. For example the corn on the cob side dish was dripping in a heavy cheese sauce. The salad croutons were soggy and lacked flavor. Additionally the hot food items came out warm.Special Features:
- The following 640 reviews are from the Bambara Restaurant reviews archive.
- Unexciting brunchluv2brewDined on 6/15/2014Took the family for a Sunday Brunch. When we got there, we were seated promptly in a table by the window and given menus. I checked out the buffet option and it was the usual stuff so we ordered off the menu. It took quite a while for the waiter to take our order, and he seemed somewhat indifferent to doing so. A different person served the orders (after a longish wait) then they forgot 2 other side items The food was good, but not great, and we finished everything except the enormous french toast plate. None of us were blown away, but it was good. The service was not very impressive, and we all found it disappointing. After we left the general agreement was that we wouldn't make any effort to come back.
- We both agreed - Fabulous dinner!VacationtimeVIPDined on 6/14/2014We will be back! Very fresh, seasonal ingredients were at the center of every dish we ordered! Excellent and attentive service. The fresh pea soup was one of the best I ever consumed. My husband ordered the beet salad and completely enjoyed. Highly recommend both! Entrees - we went with fish special - arctic char. Also well prepared, seasoned...and all food served hot. At our request, our server Anna recommended the date nut cake with carmel sauce and fresh made vanilla ice cream. Extraordinary! My husband said he wished he could lick the plate!Special Features:
- Jun 13, 2014MariaVIPDined on 6/14/2014Service was slow but food was good. Ambience casual.Special Features:
- Great restaurantDaveVIPDined on 6/8/2014Very modern setting, excellent and interesting menu, and oustanding service! Would definitely go back. Great for business dinners to romantic / special occasions!Special Features:
- FIRSTBORNWONDERVIPDined on 5/31/2014The gnocchi that came with my husband's pork was too soft I'm glad I ordered my cut of the day med because a few more minutes It would have been over done. Other than these two issues the evening was wonderful and the food was delicious. I would eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!SapphirenecklaceDined on 5/22/2014While staying at The Hotel Marlowe, we wandered into Bambara. We had their clam chowder and crab cake appetizers which were both excellent. The chowder was sweet but had no floury after taste. It was fresh and had just enough bite. The crabcake was moist and full of sweet crab served with a lovely smooth lemony sauce. For our entree we chose the sesame encrusted Yellowfin Tuna which was served with mango salad with kale and jasmin rice, it was heavenly. We ordered the roasted carrots as well which were flavorful and a nice addition. For dessert we had the banana chocolate bread pudding...perfect ending to a perfect meal!Special Features:
- Food and service are all goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2014We had a graduation party there. Everybody loved his/her food. We had a the back dinning area all by ourselves. The desert is excellent. That was our third times going to this restaurant. We are happy about their food every times. We will go back again.Special Features:
- Accommodating generous portionsMaggieVIPDined on 5/18/2014They honored a special request for a family celebration. Food was good, lots of food! Ordered tuna and steak frites, goat cheese frittata, all were very good, wait and reception staff very gracious, friendly. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentJML33Dined on 5/17/2014Consistently great food. Recommend for nights when you want: good across the menu, prof service, little pricey, quiet. Note: ask for the pub menu regardless where you sit.. Lobster sliders are worth getting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bambara's Always Great!adrageliDined on 5/16/2014We've had, over two meals this week, the arancini, lobster sliders, lobster bisque, chopped salad, arugula salad, lamb three ways, filet mignon, and chorizo flatbread, and every bite has been absolutely delectable. I even got an amuse-bouche when I ordered one fewer course than the rest of my party, and even THAT was a delight - goat cheese ball lightly dusted with breadcrumbs (?) and drizzled with honey. Chef Jay Silva knocks it out of the park every time.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningDavidWDined on 5/11/2014This was a special night for us as we had gotten engaged in the afternoon. The experience was wonderful. The food was delicious - as it was the other time I had eaten there. The staff were so friendly and went out of their way to make it a great experience. I had arranged for flowers to be delivered and they had them placed at a nice corner table for us. I can't say enough good things about this restaurant - the food, the staff, the atmosphere... Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great brunch!brunchalotDined on 5/11/2014We had a great brunch here. Good service for a table of 8 and they dealt well with kids. The side of the restaurant had some nice outside tables with a view of a park, so there is something of a view available, although most of the restaurant is on the street side of the building. Great food, everythingSpecial Features:
- Uninteresting Food; Overpricedmb89Dined on 5/11/2014For $40 per person, Mother's Day Brunch, we were expecting a lot better than just "standard" hotel brunch food. Definitely stratospherically overpriced for the food presented. The food was not bad; just not very interesting: plain eggs, bacon, waffles... no little twist on flavors, extra fancy sauces, etc. Somewhat plain. A much better place for brunch in this price range ($27) is the Blue Room in Cambridge: way better food, much tastier and bold, and great price. It was good that we tried Bambara to get it off our list of places to try; unfortunately, don't think we would go back here given the better choices out there in Cambridge.
- Perfect setting for dinner meetingJudiVIPDined on 4/28/2014I met a colleague at Bambara for a dinner/working meeting. Our waiter was attentive and did not seem to mind that we stayed at the table after we finished our meals (we did compensate him with a large tip). He was friendly and helpful. The restaurant was not too noisy, so we were able to talk easily. The best part was how the restaurant/hotel handled my request for valet parking. I recently had knee surgery, and was still using a crutch. When I explained the situation, they said, no problem, just pull up in front of the hotel, they'll be expecting you. Which they were! And Johnny couldn't have been nicer, putting my car in the front of the hotel in what he called, the "rock star" space. This special service was truly appreciated!
- EhFoodcrunchVIPDined on 4/27/2014Nothing special, but great for a meeting, small group getaway, book club. The food will be pleasing, but not become the center of attention. Rather you can converse, mingle and otherwise interact, without having to distress about food quality. The food is just plain fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MixedMetrowestVisitorDined on 4/26/2014I thought the food itself was very good. However, the service needs some improvement. When we asked for items, such as a second glass of wine, or a condiment, it took several requests before anything arrived at the table. In addition, we had to wait a long time for our meals to arrive. When they did arrive, they were hot and very good.Special Features:
- Diner before the showJimmi13Dined on 4/25/2014We enjoyed the atmosphere and the food was very nice. We all had different items and everyone was pleased. I had the pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon with a pleasant surprise of pulled pork in the bottom of the bowl. Prices were reasonable and the wine and drink list were nice. The waiter was pleasant but had a hard time with English - overall a very nice experience and we would all go again.Special Features:
- excellent birthday spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2014Took my boyfriend here for a birthday dinner. We had a nice cozy curved booth, and when the waiter found out it was his my sweetie's birthday, he brought us some wine on the house. I pretty much like all of the restaurants associated with the Kimpton Hotel chain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as expected or describedSmidlsDined on 4/20/2014This reservation was described as Easter Brunch at Bambara, but the true Bambara Restaurant, which has a charming and somewhat upscale atmosphere, was actually downstairs. This brunch was in a generic function room on the second floor of the hotel. Festive decor was minimal. We got a table directly in front of the entrance, despite reservation. Service ok, not great. Food quality was very good, but they kept running out of popular items and couldn't seem to get them restocked in a timely fashion. The raw bar really fell short in this regard and it had been the big selling point for us. We got about 3 oysters each total. All in all it seemed that they were ill prepared for the event. The saving grace was the quality of the food.
- A favoritePattieDined on 4/19/2014We have been to Bambara many times and have never been disappointed. It's in the Hotel Marlowe which is terrific in itself but a truly fun and comfortable place to meet family and friends. Great place to relax and have some drinks late evening. Food is always wonderful !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for apps and drinksJleiboVIPDined on 4/19/2014This was our third time here and it was once again a great location to have drinks and appetizers. Everything was very good and we especially loved the tuna tartare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.