Balto Tavern & Tap - Sheraton Baltimore City Center
101 W Fayette St
Baltimore, MD 21201Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Balto Tavern & Tap - Sheraton Baltimore City Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 4103856630x
- Hours of Operation:
We are open seven days a week 6:30AM - 11PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Executive Chef: Michael Carstens
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: 2 Private dining Rooms directly behind the Restaurant. Up to 50 for Dining. Up to 100 for Cocktail Reception. Perfect for Private intimate events, Birthdays, Graduations or any type of event where you would like to Wow your guest over.
- Private Party Contact: Magdi Shoair 4103856630x
- Special Events: Baltos Tavern & Tap offers some of Baltimores best Signature Appetizers & Drink specials from 5pm-7pm, every single day.
Come Join Us for a taste of some of our top Wines selections; Sheraton Social Hour. Featuring wines rated 90+ by well renowed wine Spectators, we offer signature wines by the glass featured off of our Progressive Wine List. Pair some of the best wines we have to offer on our Menu by joining us Tueday-Thursday from 5-7PM
- Cross Street: Liberty St
- Public Transit: On Fayette Street in front of hotel- Bus Routes #91, #20; Subway Station ( Charles Street Station) on Baltimore Street directly behind the Restaurant.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Metered Parking
1 hour Complimentary for Lunch
2nd Hour $10 for lunch,
2 Hour Complimentary for Dinner,
3-4 Hours $15 per Hour for Dinner
A word from Balto Tavern & Tap - Sheraton Baltimore City Center
Baltos is a Vintage Tavern & Tap that serves Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner with a modern flare. We serve Traditional Style foods with the volume turned up including our Signature Drinks & Entrees. Happy Hour is served from 4PM-8PM EVERYDAY with Signature Appetizers by Executive Chef Mike Carstens. We are a popular destination when attending a function at the First Mariner Arena which is located directly across the Street and also a destination when attending a Show at the Hippodrome, Everyman Theatre, or Even a O's or Ravens game. Baltos also features 16 HD TV's with many sports packages available including NFL Football & MLB with FREE WIFI available. So come and check out this Vintage neighborhood Gem.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Balto Tavern & Tap - Sheraton Baltimore City Center reviews from OpenTable diners
- A Michael Jackson Menu?NightLiferDined on 3/18/2014Who does that?! We arrived and they had special menu for the Cirque Du Soleil and It was absolutely delicious. I ordered the braised short ribs and polenta and the Chinese five spice brule and my guest had a Exotic beet salad fit for a king. The restaurant was packed and had this happy hour special til 8pm. What a convenient location for good food, great people and to be able to head to the concert next door. Our server Ronda? Was very sweet and personable. Anytime we visit the Arena, were our first stop will be here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotBabyfaceDined on 3/18/2014Convenient for all the attractions downtown. Near the harbor, near the First Marina, Hippodrome. Just very near everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Found Neighborhood GemNightLiferDined on 3/9/2014Loved the Calamari and other Apps. Didnt have much time to enjoy the rest of the menu but, were not far from this restaurant. This Pineapple Upside down Martini they got going on is Crazy Good! And after reading the review here,, theyre right, the Food is spot on..Thanks.Special Features:
- Lite Dining Before ShowTootsieDined on 2/27/2014We ate at the Balto Tavern and Tap before going to a show at the Hippodrome. We were seated at a table, and although this is the Sheraton's Bar, the room had a nice feel for dinner. The manager and server were friendly and pleasant to talk to. The server had good recommendations. We had beer, appetizer, and then burgers. Each burger was cooked perfectly. Dessert and freshly brewed coffee followed. We sat for a few minutes and then took the 5 minute walk to the theater. It was a perfect place to go after parking early downtown, having dinner and then casually walking to the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good MealJasonDined on 2/22/2014There was absolutely nothing wrong with our experience at Balto. The service was great, staff was friendly, and the food was good. We really enjoyed the corn and crab bisque, as well as the calamari. We were happy with the meal, just found other places we liked better while in Baltimore.Special Features:
- Baltos RockNYFoodGuruDined on 2/2/2014Unbelievable! Me and my girls wanted to do something different for dinner and we found the perfect place to do so. The restaurant was conservatively packed because of superbowl and happy hour lasted til 8pm. With a series of different drinks and food to meet your every pallet type, I was very impressed. The Salmon & Chimichurri was out of this world and our drinks we just delicious. Carlton was fantastic. Very attentive and made sure all of our needs we met. He even hauled us a taxi. This is a tavern that stands alone because they make sure to go to the next level. We visit baltimore often and Baltos will be a destination for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A for AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/2/2014I was there 2/2/14 what a great place to dine. My husband & I thoroughly enjoyed Balto's the wait staff & bartenders rock & the wonderful host Derrick thank you for the meal & wine selections , To the manager Angie for the great music & for checking on us . We will definitely come back to Balto's Tavern & Tap. I can't forget all the TV's they had to watch different sports & the newsSpecial Features:
- Casual with a Sophisticated Edge2GoodDined on 1/9/2014I come to this spot often just to simply relax on my laptop and to listen to the great music they offer. Any game you wanna see, they got it. My favorite is there Truffle fries. Unbelievably Delicious! Especially with my glass of Malbec. I get the Crabcake sandwich all the time and it never fails me. Staff is always fun and friendly. Keep it upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time To Spare ?disappointeddinersDined on 12/18/2013Despite reservations and few patrons (three other tables), service was incredibaly slow from arrival to billing. Service personnel had to be repeatedly sought out and during the long wait for the food, no offer was made to refresh drinks. While the food was good, 90 minutes for lunch was a bit much.
- Great Neighborhood BarOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2013Happy Hour drinks and apps were great. We stayed for dinner. The fish tacos were amazing!! My husband had the bone-in cowboy steak and a side of broccolini with olive oil and lemon. It was cooked beautifully. Great cappuccino and local deserts. This hotel restaurant, that's open to the public is definitely a hidden treasure. We will be sure to come back soon. ;))Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.