80 Spring Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.balthazarny.com/
- Phone: (212) 965-1414
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 11:30am
Continental Breakfast: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 10:00am
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm, Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 12:30am, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Late Supper: Friday - Saturday: 12:00am - 1:30am, Sunday: 11:00pm - 12:30am
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Shane McBride
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Crosby
- Public Transit: Take the R or W to Prince Street, walk one block south to Spring & one block east to Crosby. Or take the 6 to Spring Street & walk one block west to Crosby. You can also take the F or V to Broadway/ Lafayette & walk two blocks south on Broadway & make a left on Spring.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking garage on Prince & Crosby.
A word from Balthazar
Balthazar is a traditional French Brasserie with a bustling railway station atmosphere. Our kitchen serves a variety of meat and poultry dishes including: Duck Shepherds Pie, Roasted Chicken and Steak Frites. Balthazar specializes in seafood with an array of fish entrees and a complete raw oyster and shellfish bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Balthazar - Best Restaurants in SoHo ›
Balthazar reviews from OpenTable diners
760 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (328)great for lunch (326)great for brunch (306)hot spot (299)neighborhood gem (244)special occasion (208)good for groups (170)vibrant bar scene (136)notable wine list (135)romantic (131)late-night find (88)kid-friendly (63)great for outdoor dining (32)scenic view (16)Show More
- DecentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014It looks like upscale and it's expensive, however it's worth going. The food quality was awesome, fresh food, the steak tartar is far from good and the waiters even fast they won't smile at all. Nice variety of oysters. The place is very nice and it's perfect to meet with friends but it's also extremely noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014We came here for a special occasion and heard great things. The food and service exceeded those high expectationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerFiziklyfitDined on 11/15/2014Love a great brunch, and this restaurant never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!!!DeedsDined on 11/14/2014When in NYC, especially SoHo, ypu HAVE to try this place!!! Incredible food and extremely professional wait staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceMikeDined on 11/12/2014We have been here twice, the place is great, the food is amazing, and the service outstanding! I highly recommend reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Balthazar SoHoOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/10/2014This was such a great meal, we were not let down. The wine list was great and loved the decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Sorry I was unable to take this reservation. And I apologize for not cancelling it prior to the start time. I feel especially badly as I have been to Balthazar years ago and it is a spectacular restaurant and I know it is not easy to get a reservation. I am very sorry and I will be sure to cancel any reservation using Open Table if I am unable to go. I think Open Table is an excellent service and is organized impressively. I appreciate the simplicity of it and again, my apologies for not using the service how is supposed to be used. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ThrilledOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/8/2014We had not been to Balthazar in a long time. We used to frequent Pastis so we figured we would go back to Balthazar for the Steak Frites. While the steak was very good, the frites were horrible. Mcdonalds has better fries. In the world of sea salt fries, truffle fries, sweet potato fries, etc. these tasted like Sisco frozen fries and they were cold. Our service was average, other than our first cocktail, we were never offered a second drink. I remember Balthazar as being much better than this, we were very disappointed.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014Very friendly and helpful and understanding personnel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris in SOHOLPavorottiDined on 11/8/2014This was our first visit to Balthazar. The restaurant is very French in terms of its look and feel, and the breakfast was fantastic. Our visit was slightly marred by some trouble getting seated, despite having a reservation and arriving on time. They tried seating us in poor locations about 3 times - close to the kitchen, close to a group of teenage tourists, close to the bussing station, and so on. We finally got a great table, and it was all good from there on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little bit of ParisXcskierDined on 11/7/2014Great local bistro, crowded, boisterous, and very alive. Great vibe,everyone having fun. Be sure to have a reservation. We loved our late lunch, I had beet salad, fish in paper, and best, cheese and port for dessert.our waitress was the best, cheery and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mad Houseberly1VIPDined on 11/7/2014Our luncheon reservation was for 2:30 p.m. Weren't seated until 2:50. The food is outstanding. There is the ambiance of a French bistro. However, the noise level and atmosphere is excruciating. Tables are crammed together, some in traffic aisles so that a diner is continually jostled by servers and guests waiting for tables. It is like eating in a subway. Service is quick so that they can turn tables. This is not "dining"; it is eating, and at top prices. I would guess that, like myself and my wife, 75% of the customers are tourists. I have eaten at Balthazar in London and the experience was better. All this said, the food was good, as was the service.
- Lu0021Dined on 11/7/2014Wonderful fun, beautiful décor, great service. It is the perfect place for a ladies lunch!Special Features:
- ChickenmanDined on 11/7/2014This was my third time and I will be back anytime I am in the city. Each time we have spent three hours - we sit back and enjoy - some of the best Oysters anywhere, cocktails, eggs benedict, I just love this place for brunch. Big thank you to the staff - I incorrectly scheduled this last visit for Friday morning instead of Saturday and despite being packed, they still sat us right away. I had planned this a month in advance as part of our 20th wedding anniversary weekend, so finding seats for us was a big deal and they were great about it. Great service. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always, always goodMACaDined on 11/6/2014You cannot miss with this restaurant. Have been going for a while now and it is good EVERY TIME.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great American RestaurantJPMalletDined on 11/5/2014Great traditional American Restaurant! The food is fantastic, and the environment makes you feel the history of a traditional redtaurant. The wine list is also awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere plusClaudalicious1Dined on 11/4/2014Great ambience,appears to attract the local crowd... The foie gras superb!!!! And the duck was succelentSpecial Features:
- Always consistenteatorgetoutofthewayDined on 11/3/2014No matter how many times I visit Balthazar is always greatSpecial Features:
- A FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2014The food & the service is always amazing. My favorite place to bring guests when they're visiting NYC.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014An absolute must on any visit to New York. This friendly and bustling French style bistro has a laid back attitude with great hearty French food. The duck shepherds pie is fabulous and is the real stand out dish on what is a great menu with dishes to suit most tastes.Special Features:
- José Carlos CastilloJoseCarlosDined on 11/3/2014The atmophere is great, certainly a must in NYC, but the food is just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ExperienceJNsydDined on 11/3/2014After being recommended Balthazar by a notable Australian culinary critic as a place with a great vibe known as a celeb hangout who should arrive just as we did none other than Meg Ryan. Staff were friendly as we waited to be seated and as we had to wait 15 minutes at their great little bar the maitre de gave our party of 6 complimentary champagnes nice touch. Good was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC Must VisitWoodburnDined on 11/3/2014A great character restaurant in NYC. Love the vibe and the food is great. Its about the little touches.Special Features:
- Fav breakfastandreasiVIPDined on 11/3/2014Live for the Balthazar breakfast, especially the buckwheat crepes with ham and gruyere that never, ever disappoints. Always on point with the classics.Special Features:
- BigcahoonaDined on 11/3/2014Outstanding,our second time and if it wasn't 4,000 miles away it would be a regular haunt. The service amazing and our waitress even went to the trouble to provide a cake for my wife's birthday 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it !!!!MarcyVIPDined on 11/2/2014We just had dinner in Baltazar after running the marathon , we love these restaurant ant we go every time we visit New York . Food is always great , service always good and the ambiente is great . These year it was even nicer after finishing the marathon , we celebrate very happy in the place !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014One of our favorite places to eat in NYC!! The best Eggs Benedict I've ever had!!Special Features:
- BrunchbigglesDined on 11/2/2014Always a good scene with people watching, conversation and food as the key ingreadients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tired?Americangourmet1Dined on 11/1/2014Balthazar has been a regular on our go to list whenever we are in New York City. We were disappointed this time. Ordered the grilled sardine appetizer. Horrible. Dry and more bread than sardines. Steak au Poivre also terribly disappointing. Tough and tasteless. We won't take them off the list yet. Great location and will always give a second chance but this time just wasn't good.
- almost perfectAlandBVIPDined on 11/1/2014A few unruly children but otherwise remains a favorite, especially for brunch!Special Features:
- Paris in sohoirmNYCDined on 11/1/2014Great ambiance, great location, good food! Enjoyed coming back for Sunday brunch, although like the week breakfast choices better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!BehdisDined on 10/31/2014I have been to Balthazar many times! I love the service and the ambiance. The food is outstanding and sufficient with great quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One time placeVivchocolatierDined on 10/31/2014I know it's a hot boite, but $19 plus tax and tips for an Omelette!? that's outrageous. There's even no mushroom or vege in it... I can make some eggs 10 times better that and cost me 3 bucks... well they did with some salad but $28 for that with the crowd and noise? I bet there's tons of better places to go in New York City. Thank god.Special Features:
- Great Food, Loud AmbiencefoodiesgDined on 10/31/2014Food here is great, but it tends to get super crowded and loud. Seating is also cramped as we were seated almost right next to the next table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteGfromDCDined on 10/31/2014Every time I visit NY I pass by and eat here. Love the place and food.Special Features:
- Always a treatCJL78VIPDined on 10/31/2014I've never had a bad time at Balthazar and this visit was nor exception. Our reserved table was available right away and I was seated while I waited for my dining companion. Both of our meals were totally delicious and the buzz is fun, as is the people watching.Special Features:
- FoodEugeneeDined on 10/28/2014In the Restaurant recomended the duck, but is very bad choice, this duch is not french preparation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful RestaurantFinedine83Dined on 10/28/2014I visited New York from Scotland and this restaurant was recommended by a family member who had already dined there. I have to say the restaurant is just lovely, very old fashinoned dining which I love. I felt like I was in a movie. The food was amazing and the service is suberb. I would recommend this restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A really great meal thank you!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014We were a party of 5 celebrating my the wedding of my mother and her new husband (in their 70s) - all the way from the UK, and including my daughter aged 7 - so lots of different tastes to cater for - we found the menu offered something for all of us, kids and adults alike, the food was fantastic (especially loved the Steak Tartare) and the atmosphere really buzzy (but not too loud!) which was perfect for the occasion. The service was also excellent - thank you Stacey for looking after us, it made a really memorable day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Atmosphere is ok but way overrated for what it is. The food is fine but the breakfeast is common and can be find everywhere. It is priced way to expensive for what it is. I sont understand what the reputation stands on.Special Features: