9891 Gulf Shore Drive
Naples, FL 34108Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.laplayaresort.com/
- Phone: 2395985707x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner:
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Champagne Brunch 11:00am-2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Carlos Torres
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from BALEENnaples
Pleasing to the palate and the eye alike, Baleen Naples mixes Old Florida charm with elegant candlelit elegance. Beautiful chandeliers and soft mahogany furnishings set the tone for an elegant dining experience…. Toes-in-the-sand dining takes place as Baleen spills out through the grand doors to the terrace with tables overlooking the sweeping beach and ends with a collection of tables for cocktails in the sand next to the fire pit. Whether seated in an indoor epicurean enclave or a barefoot beach table, visitors can indulge in three daily seating’s at Baleen Naples with options including a breakfast menu with a Gulf Coast twist on traditional favorites. With exceptional entrees and an extensive selection of wines the dinner menu is filled with local ingredients and beautifully composed dishes. For the guest looking for light fare enjoy our bar menu in the cocktail section with an array of seafood selections as well as sandwiches and appetizers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
BALEENnaples - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
BALEENnaples reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (105)great for outdoor dining (104)special occasion (95)romantic (85)fit for foodies (50)notable wine list (49)great for brunch (32)neighborhood gem (27)great for lunch (27)good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (16)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (10)Show More
- AnniversaryMomof3Dined on 9/13/2014we celebrated our anniversary and they made it so nice. Table with a view. Free 5 x7 photo to commemorate and a rose. Great prix fixSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the top!CoupleplaceDined on 9/12/2014We visit often and each time the service and friendly service brings us back again. The food is exceptional and the friendly dining has made it one of our favorites in Naples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met Expectations50SomethingDined on 9/12/2014Most of the reviews were positive and we were not disappointed. Staff was attentive, food was very good, and the view was spectacular. We ate on the patio and thoroughly enjoyed the sights and sounds of the Gulf while enjoying a great meal.Special Features:
- Ridiculous!JimmyTDined on 9/11/2014One of my top 2 places you must visit in Naples! The food is great.....the sunset view....insanity!Special Features:
- WonderfulDJ9876Dined on 9/11/2014We have been here before and we rated it beyond excellent in a fabulous setting!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset viewingbonitabrianDined on 9/7/2014Charming spot, an imaginative menu, off season it was quite pleasant. Service was first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PenPenDined on 9/6/2014Excellent location, right on the beach, beautiful sunset, drinks around the fire pit, table under air, very good wine list, many food choices. A great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ViewsNadiazuzuDined on 9/4/2014My husband and I enjoy coming to Baleen for our anniversary dinners and Easter Brunch. Fantastic views, great food and service. Baleen never disappoints.Special Features:
- Dining outDiningoutwDined on 9/1/2014Evening was awesome in every aspect. Was upset with open table that I just got 100 pts. and not the 1000 pts indicatedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the bestmrpz1VIPDined on 8/31/2014One of the best views of the Gulf and delicious food as well. Impeccable service. Always feel welcome and special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!SophiaDined on 8/30/2014This is our favorite restaurant for all occasions. Whether it be for lunch, brunch or dinner, you can't find a more beautiful setting and excellent food/menu with outstanding service. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smoking near dining area?SWFLDinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014We had a nice table on the lower level below the main restaurant seating. However, there were 2 women a bit closer to the sand, but still on Baleen property, who were smoking, and the smoke from where they sat made it's way up to where we were sitting and trying to enjoy our meal. I even noticed a waiter from the restaurant brought them an ashtray to use. Seems an odd thing to allow, I'd like the restaurant's take on this..Special Features:
- The ViewWHOBBDined on 8/29/2014Another great dinner at the best beach restaurant in SW FL. Service is great. Extensive wine list. Tasty food. And the view...right on Vanderbilt Beach. Doesn't get much better. Only downside is that the restaurant is located in LaPlaya Resort, so sometimes you can get a lot of screaming kids. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014Lovely setting next to the beach, food was ok, nothing spectacular. Would try lunch time in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent staff and diningOliveGlassDined on 8/27/2014Absolutely one of the best restaurants in Naples not to mention it's on the water and the service , quality and. presentation of food were excellent. No rubber chicken or frozen fish found here ....will definitely repeatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experience!BillCDined on 8/27/2014Great view - directly on the beach! Indoor and outdoor tables. Excellent service - friendly and attentive but not obtrusive. (I mentioned when booking that it was my wedding anniversary and they made it feel like an occasion! A great menu featuring local seafood. A nice wine selection, without breaking the bank. A perennial local favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.QuitePleaseDined on 8/26/2014We had a early evening dinner with business associates. The service was superb (quite and non-intrusive). Food was beautiful to look at and tasted fresh. Wine list was robust.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit, will not be the lastdontwineb4udineDined on 8/26/2014Excellent food quick and precise service. Outstand view and table selection so everyone gets a view. Lovely romantic right before sunset it's the place to be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with the girlsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/24/2014A late lunch with the girls. We sat outside on the terrace level on an absolutely beautiful afternoon overlooking the Gulf. To us, you can't get any better ambiance. Our service was lovely; friendly and relaxed. Our meals were perfection in presentation as well as taste and portions. A true gem. A "must" to experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wonderful SettingMarkVIPDined on 8/23/2014Extensive wine list, good food--the black grouper was excellent--the U10 scallops were just ok, friendly server, slow kitchen. My wife's martini was warm not cold. Wonderful outdoor setting to watch the sun set over the gulf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our AnniversaryJimboDined on 8/22/2014We always visit when we're in town. They had changed the menu from our last visit, but made our favorites even though they weren't on menu. From the hostess to the busboy's...friendly, knowledgeable , & accommodating. Food as always..Great. & can't miss the beach! Finally..they bought my wife a single beautiful red rose.Special Features:
- The best restaurant in NapmesJJOneillJrVIPDined on 8/21/2014Excellent in every way Spectacular setting exceptional food, service and qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best views in NaplesOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/19/2014Fantastic food combined with an amazing view of the beach and ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DessertsWalterDined on 8/14/2014Lunched here many times, always outside either on the patio or the sand. Maybe our favorite lunch place, certainly with guests. First time indoors on a hot August evening. Fixed price menu items for appetizers and entrees were fine. The desserts were worth the entire price. Service was prompt and efficient. Very quiet early on an August, non-season night. We'll return for dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HungryMomVIPDined on 8/10/2014Great view, great location… substandard food and mediocre service. Too bad because the location is fantastic. Not worth the trip.
- Favorite Sunset Dining PlaceBDNaplesandBigSkyDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I are Naples residents. We try to go to Baleen's at least once a month usually an hour or so before sunset but sometimes just for a relaxing weekend lunch on the covered lanai. Service is always terrific; last weekend by Lauren - very attentive, but not overbearing. Extensive wine list but good "by glass" selections too (Lauren very knowledgable). A great place for special occasions but we like it for the ambiance, service and fine dining anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Dining ExperienceBeemer51Dined on 8/3/2014We celebrated our 40th Anniversary, just the two of us, with a quiet dinner at Baleen. The hostess greeted us with a "Happy Anniversary" and escorted us to a great table with a view of the sand and gulf. The manager came by to welcome us. Our waiter, Rob, could not be more professional and attentive. He delivered to us several "surprises" which our family had pre-arranged with the restaurant, and he gave us great suggestions for dinner. We had crab cake for appetizer, and main dishes of snapper and grouper which were delicious. Dinner was topped off with a special cake. During dinner a staff member took a complementary picture of us which they emailed. All in all, we couldn't be more happy with our dining experience at Baleen!Special Features:
- Consistently great food.FashionistaVIPDined on 8/2/2014One of my favorites in Naples which never disappoints me. Prettiest view in Naples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to discoverluckylukeDined on 8/2/2014Will be back soon as Canadian it is nice to not go far and find a place where is not in a shopping mallSpecial Features:
- Special Occasion DiningRSP1Dined on 8/2/2014They made us feel special throughout our wedding anniversary dinner !! The immediate anniversary greetings and rose for my wife was a very nice touch !!Special Features:
- Fine food and serviceEmandDanaDined on 8/2/2014We were pleasantly surprised to be treated so well at this upscale resort restaurant. We are used to being ignored or tolerated-- as two old ladies-- while staff focuses on younger patrons and families. Here at Baleen, we felt included and as though staff cared that we had an enjoyable dining experience. The food was excellent and the service extraordinary. Our waitress (Julie) took good care of us during breakfasts and the wait staff at dinner was quite good as well. We enjoyed all of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieVIPDined on 8/1/2014This is a delightful restaurant. I highly recommend the diver scallops with chorizo polenta. Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spectacular viewSandiDined on 8/1/2014Interesting and exceptional food & service. Will be back.Special Features:
- Gorgeous Setting - That's AllOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/30/2014The dining on the beach is absolutely beautiful. The kitchen is still extremely poor, and we keep giving them another chance due to the setting. Food is totally tasteless, and expensive. We heard there was a new Exec Chef, but the food is still very poor. Romaine was soaking wet in the Caesar, and the dressing had no flavor. Rest of our meals were similar - no flavor and sub-par ingredients. Service is acceptable. This lovely resort just can't get their restaurant together! Too bad, as the setting is incredible, but it will not justify a return visit.Special Features:
- Everything excellent!!!joycelynDined on 7/23/2014From the moment we arrived until we left, no detail was left out.. from every staff member, the drinks, the food, the view.. the entire evening was memorable! The views from anywhere inside are incredible.. looking out over the beach and the Gulf! The wine list covered any desire. The pork belly appetizer very good. The yellow tail snapper the BEST I have ever eaten. The mahi mahi was pan seared.. and good .. lime bread pudding was our indulgence.. and well worth it! Highly recommend this dining experience! We will return to try more dishes!Special Features:
- Fine beachfront diningCsuebdinesDined on 7/19/2014Charming & elegant atmosphere meets the eye as soon as you enter this south Florida gem. The staff was most attentive. We had a fine selection of entrees perfectly prepared along with sides with a lovely view of the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerEspyDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I had an amazing anniversary experience. The food was amazing , the service was superb, and the view was breath taking. I highly recommend it for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scenic & tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Anywhere in dining room, you have a great view of the gulf. Our booth was extremely comfortable and offered a great view. There were 4 of us having lunch, and all of us enjoyed our choices (seafood salad and grouper ). There were only 2 disappointments: I ordered Chardonnay and received a cheap tasting wine for $10. I had to add ice n order to tolerate it. I did not complain because I used to work at LaPlaya. The other disappointment was the coffee. It was too strong for my mother. She did complain, and the waitress suggested to add water. My mother said she did not want to do that. There was a full cup. The waitress did not take it off the bill ($4.00!).Special Features:
- As good as it Getsmrpz1VIPDined on 7/13/2014Always a treat eating at Baleen. The delicious food, breathtaking view and friendly staff always make you feel special. It is a weekly must on my schedule.Special Features:
- Great menuLuv2eatoutDined on 7/12/2014Wonderful menu with a great variety. Pricey but quality food with great presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.