9891 Gulf Shore Drive
Naples, FL 34108Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.laplayaresort.com/
- Phone: (239) 598-5707
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner:
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Champagne Brunch 11:00am-2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Carlos Torres
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from BALEENnaples
Pleasing to the palate and the eye alike, Baleen Naples mixes Old Florida charm with elegant candlelit elegance. Beautiful chandeliers and soft mahogany furnishings set the tone for an elegant dining experience…. Toes-in-the-sand dining takes place as Baleen spills out through the grand doors to the terrace with tables overlooking the sweeping beach and ends with a collection of tables for cocktails in the sand next to the fire pit. Whether seated in an indoor epicurean enclave or a barefoot beach table, visitors can indulge in three daily seating’s at Baleen Naples with options including a breakfast menu with a Gulf Coast twist on traditional favorites. With exceptional entrees and an extensive selection of wines the dinner menu is filled with local ingredients and beautifully composed dishes. For the guest looking for light fare enjoy our bar menu in the cocktail section with an array of seafood selections as well as sandwiches and appetizers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
BALEENnaples - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
BALEENnaples reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (134)scenic view (131)special occasion (124)romantic (107)fit for foodies (76)notable wine list (67)great for lunch (40)good for groups (38)neighborhood gem (38)great for brunch (31)hot spot (25)vibrant bar scene (17)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (9)Show More
- Best Sunset View in NaplesVigilucciVIPVIPDined on 11/24/2014Baleens' has been one of our favorites for years but we just got back here after 10 years and it has only gotten better. It is great spot for quiet meal, sunset views and on the beach dining. The menu has many great options and we are always impressed with the different meal choices. The service was great and Chris did a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/23/2014Great view, great food, great service and overall one of our favorite places to dine in Naples!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant setting, with wonderful foodFlorida7719Dined on 11/20/2014My son booked a table for my husband's 60th birthday after researching the venue on the internet. Everything surpassed our expectations, beautiful setting, wonderful food and wine and attentive staff. Would definately go again for a special occasion as a bit pricey for a normal evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/15/2014Went to celebrate birthday and the whole evening was just perfect - the service, the food, the atmosphere. We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with beach viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014It was the perfect place to celebrate after my nephew's beach wedding. Food, service and view were outstanding, and the bread was really tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DiningSteveJDined on 11/8/2014It was my wife's birthday and the dining experience was one of the best. The food was great and the service was exceptional. We are planning to go back for my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarikaVIPDined on 11/8/2014Service was prompt, food was hot and delicious. We loved our selection of wine, a Caneros pinot noir. View of the beach and a wedding to follow was perfect.Special Features:
- Just what we were looking forFoodie123Dined on 11/6/2014Fabulous food! I had Ahi tuna done with medium rare with the wasabi paste and greens. Perfectly done and although it is done many different ways at other establishments, this was probably the best I have had and really what got me hooked on tuna in the first place. My husband had the grouper which was also done to the highest standards! Delish. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Romantic, but you pay for the view.Ron33333Dined on 11/6/2014Wonderfully romantic restaurant on the beach. Perfect for a special occasion. Service was great - very attentive. Food was just okay, and way overpriced. We had an outdoor table, and there were small ghost ants crawling throughout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous and relaxed diningnhahnoDined on 11/5/2014Loved the setting and overall ambience... you could have dinner here dressed up for a special occasion or in shorts for a evening beach bonfire. Beautiful sunset, comfortable outdoor seating. The food was good - not great - which is unfortunate given the pricing. Loved the ceviche and the lobster risotto. The lamb osso busco was a little dry but ok. However, none of the food was awful. The only thing really lacking was the service. It was very slow. Once we finally got our order in, things moved along but between waiting to order a drink... then waiting to order foot, there was a lot of waiting. Thankfully, we were out for a leisurely evening.Special Features:
- jrice003VIPDined on 11/5/2014The food was excellent and our server Julia was very attentive.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/4/2014We had a great experience while out for our wedding anneversary. Our waitress was perfect with her timing and service. She was very helpful and did not over do the service. The atmosphere was great and the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Ocean ViewCoupleplaceVIPDined on 10/31/2014Lisa and I have enjoyed many fine evenings at Baleens this night was capped with a great sunset and the best staff service one could ask for. Thanks Baleen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always MemorableAnnieKayVIPDined on 10/31/2014We always dine at Baleens when we stay at the LaPlaya Resort. The food is consistently delicious, the wait staff professional, friendly and helpful, and the location is just beautiful only steps away from the Gulf. One of the best restaurants in Naples!Special Features:
- Best ambiance in Naples!TheGodfatherVIPDined on 10/28/2014The food, the service, and the ambiance could not have been better. Beautiful views and outstanding staff. I will absolutely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceMickeyVIPDined on 10/28/2014Our first time at Ballen's will not be our last. We've added them to our list of favorite restaurants in Naples.Special Features:
- ExcellentAmbienceVIPDined on 10/26/2014We dine here for special occasions. Not the best food in Naples, but very close. The view is awesome. Great for special occasions. Pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss thisWillgolfforfoodDined on 10/25/2014Overall outstanding dining experience. We sat on the patio with a view of the gulf - sensational! My wife thought the jumbo lump crab cocktail appetizer was just ok but I thought it was delicious; not your usual crab cocktail. I had the grouper ceviche. It was nothing special. My wife's entree was lobster risotto, which we both agreed was fabulous. I ordered the Chef Signature dish, yellowtail snapper, which was somewhat dry; I wouldn't order again. Creme brulee for dessert was ordinary. Our waiter was Dwayne from Jamaica. He provided outstanding service with one exception. I had to ask to have crumbs removed from the table. This should have been done before taking the dessert order. We will definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience and funBuffaloGalVIPDined on 10/25/2014We had a large table (6). The atmosphere was just beautiful, the service excellent and the food was delicious! Thanks for another great evening!Special Features:
- Sunset dinnerJohnse54Dined on 10/24/2014This place was recommended to us by locals. We sat out on the beach and had a drink before our reservations and watched the sun set. It was beautiful. We ended up eating inside - the atmosphere was very upscale. The food and drinks were excellent (highly recommend the prickly pear margarita). The only reason for 4 stars was it took quite awhile to get our food. We had the grouper and the seared ahi tuna. Both were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!Surfer9bgDined on 10/22/2014I chose this restaurant for our first wedding anniversary - and I didn't regret, everyone delivered. The ambience is amazing - first row Sunset view, tiki torches and fire pits, it feels like heaven. The menu selection can accommodate any taste, me and my wife had the fillet - completely delicious. The entire staff acknowledged our special occasion and made us feel special! I would defenetely come back and recommend this restaurant to friends! 2 small cons I'd like to mention for the service - my wife's water glass was twice dry empty for couple of minutes - and I asked the server to recommend a good wine for up to $150 and he came with 3 recommendations for $200. This is not a good technique for up selling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lunch on the patioSophiaDined on 10/20/2014Baleen is always my first choice for special times for either brunch, lunch or dinner.. The decor is beautifully elegant with a feeling of Old Naples. You can dine outside or inside, and always have a beautiful view of the beach and Gulf of Mexico. The food and service are excellent. Yesterday for lunch we had the Grouper Tacos and they were delicious!Special Features:
- Never a disappointment!QueenieDined on 10/18/2014Baleen has long been our favorite! Our service and food is a delight. What a beautiful place to be at sunset!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must Do for NaplesVineyarderDined on 10/18/2014One of the few remaining places in Naples where you can enjoy fine cuisine while enjoying a beautiful view of the beach and spectacular sunsets. This is especially true if you opt to sit outside on the terrace overlooking the Gulf. Service is crisp and pleasant. There are always high quality specials to supplement the very interesting menu and wide selection of wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BaleenisticTRN313Dined on 10/16/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants in Naples. Food is always very good. This is our "go to" restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic spotromancegirlDined on 10/13/2014Great wait staff, and delicious food. Bread divine and house salad could not have been better. We had the tenderloin pork. Nice portion not too much just enough. Get the cream brule!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic PlaceTexaswordsDined on 10/12/2014I arrived on a Saturday night, as a solo, as I was on business. Great view, tiered seating, with both indoor and outdoor dining on the beach. Lovely view and sunset. Very good wine list. I ordered Ahi Tuna, which was ok, but had a cold center. Service was so-so, but it was a busy night, and servers were running everywhere. I loved the view and sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jim and lisaCoupleplaceVIPDined on 10/10/2014We enjoy Baleen as an outstanding place for romantic and entertaining dinner spot. The food and kind service excel. The sunset views are spectacular and managent is sure to provide a great wine suggeation. Thank you to the whole staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BCGolfDined on 10/10/2014This is the definition of why people come to southwest Florida, i.e., A beautiful sunset filled with great food, great atmosphere, and great friends. Baleens wait staff handled our party of eight without missing a beat. Finally, after sunset, the ambience outdoors while enjoying a cocktail sitting 'round the fire pit with toes firmly planted in sand with the Gulf just over our shoulders, well, what more can be said. Baleens in a 'must' while visiting the Naples area.Special Features:
- 60 year friendshipMizzoufanVIPDined on 10/9/2014Had dinner with friends which was outstanding! The food was excellent, service and weather all awesome.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014If you are looking for someplace for a romantic evening - dinner on the beach is a must. Outstanding special service, incredible food and a night you will never forget!Special Features:
- A GemRsrvtnQweenDined on 10/5/2014Bleu Provence is a must! We were celebrating our 45th anniversary and wanted something special. This destination fit the bill and more. Highly suggest a visit.Special Features:
- Better than everJSF22VIPDined on 10/5/2014Baleen has freshened their menu and it is better and more creative than ever. Most restaurants with a view this incredible (including one just down the street) offer food and service no better than they need to be. Baleen is the notable exception. It has the best Gulf view, and some of the best food and service, in all of Naples. Highest recommendation.Special Features:
- foodielve2eatDined on 10/4/2014restaurant recommended by friends well worth the visit had a great meal service very good knowledgeable friendly staff will be back next time we visit naplesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic EveningIndianabarmanagerDined on 10/4/2014I took my fiancé here for her birthday and she and I were both very impressed with the food, as well as the service. Aaron the manager on duty made us feel like VIPs and our waiter (can't remember his name but I do remember he was from Wisconsin) was both knowledgable and very attentive. Luigi, our bartender, was skilled and personable as well. An all around great time. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to create a special memory while in NaplesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeFoodieVIPDined on 10/4/2014Over priced but you can not beat the sunset and atmosphere, and the food has improved greatly over the past year. Love bringing out of towners here. They are always wow'd.
- Almost PerfectxfighterpilotDined on 10/4/2014Everything was very good, and we were mostly happy with the service and suggestions of our server. But one suggestion should have been communicate better. I asked for a whiskey list of what was available, and while reviewing it our server suggested "Pappy" bourbon (which I was not familiar with). He told me that it was outstanding and that people were happy to hear of it being available at Baleen. Though it was not listed in the guide, based on the suggestion, I ordered it. And it was ok, but nothing extraordinary. So it came as quite a shock to both my wife and I when the bill came and I discovered my one glass of bourbon cost $40. I should've been told what it cost (when this expensive) and I guarantee I would not have ordered it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spot overlooking beachkaydinesoutVIPDined on 10/2/2014Can't find a more beautiful outdoor beachside location for a restaurant in Naples. And, really appreciated that our salads didn't come out 2 minutes after we ordered them and our entrees didn't come 1 minute after we finished our salads. We had a nice leisurely meal, unlike at so many places in Naples that rush you through cocktails, salad and dinner in 45 minutes (and that's after waving them off a couple of times and saying we're not ready to order). Fish entrees were good. Floridian salad didn't have any of the promised grapefruit. Server was pleasant but not especially attentive. One of the few beachside restaurants in Naples & a great place to take visitors. Torches and beautiful sunsets remind us of Hawaii.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DedeDined on 10/1/2014We had a wonderful birthday celebration! The food was excellent and the service superb. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Perfect BirthdayEllieDined on 9/29/2014Recently spent my 30th birthday here and everything was absolutely perfect. The food, service and atmosphere were out of this world. Couldn't have asked for a better day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.