Bald Headed Bistro
201 Keith Street SW
Cleveland, TN 37311Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Bald Headed Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.baldheadedbistro.com/
- Phone: 4234726000x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Monday thru Saturday
Bar opens at 4:30 PM
Dining Room opens at 5:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Eric Fulkerson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact special events coordinator at 423-473-4323 for details
- Private Party Facilities: Contact our Sales and Marketing Manager for details.
- Private Party Contact: Adam Lewis 4234734323x
- Entertainment: Weekend live music
- Special Events: Contact our Sales and Marketing Manager at 423-473-4323 for details.
A word from Bald Headed Bistro
The Bald Headed Bistro, where the West meets the South, specializes in USDA Prime Aged Beef, fresh fish, lobster, and assorted exotic dishes such as elk. The Bald Headed Bistro also offers wood grilled pizzas and an award winning wine list that complements the varied food selections. For your convenience, the restaurant also offers wireless internet access.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bald Headed Bistro - Best Restaurants in Cleveland ›
Bald Headed Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)fit for foodies (18)romantic (18)notable wine list (18)neighborhood gem (12)great for outdoor dining (11)good for groups (10)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great GiftPolesDined on 9/13/2014We received a gift certificate from family members and recently having relocated to Cleveland, TN looked forward to trying the Bald Headed Bistro. We were certainly NOT disappointed. The atmosphere, service, and food was terrific!Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinnertime 2014FoodTimeFanaticDined on 9/13/2014We had a very outstanding meal on Sat. Sept. 13 at Bald Headed Bistro in Cleveland TN. Our waiter was one-of-a-kind in that he was very entertaining in presenting menu selections and providing songs and poems in with the service he provided. The food quality and preparation was as good if not better than anywhere else in the area. I would definitely recommend someone looking for a special dining experience to consider visiting Bald Headed Bistro for that event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 9-11-14InthewoodsDined on 9/11/2014First timer but truly awesome my wife had been prior when lunch served years ago. Elizabeth excellent waitress. Little more duck meat on duck Frits Wife's steak perfectly cook to her liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Anniversary!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2014We attended the BHB 10th Anniversary event for our 16th anniversary dinner. It was amazing as usual. We both loved the specials! I hope they put the Lobster Roll on the permanent menu. Thanks for a great anniversary!Special Features:
- Bread PuddingDecadentDined on 9/6/2014The bread pudding was outstanding, the best ever. The pecan ice cream and fried bacon was the right amount of sweet and salty. I would never thought to make bread pudding using doughnuts. The temperature was just right and the presentation on the plate was perfection.Special Features:
- WonderfulbigbaldguyDined on 8/15/2014This was our second visit to Bald Headed Bistro - and it was just as spectacular as our first visit. The food is incredible. The Cowboy Ribeye with Lobster Oscar sauce is beyond description.Special Features:
- IncredibleMattandkattDined on 8/9/2014I have been to the Bistro many times, but this is my first review. The service is spectacular the food is always cooked to perfection, and the cleanliness of the staff is well noted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!DavidDined on 8/7/2014This was our first experience with BHB. The quail appetizer was very good, the salad was outstanding, the ribeye was very good, filet mignon was very tender and excellent, and the desserts - bread pudding and Creme brûlée were good, but not the best we've ever had. The bistro is very nice inside, but I would expect lower lighting for such a high priced restaurant. I would dine there again, but would choose one of the upscale restaurants in Chattanooga before making the drive to Cleveland again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Divine Experiencehatrac35VIPDined on 8/2/2014There are not enough wonderful things I can say about this restaurant. The service is impeccable, the food is absolutely delicious and the atmosphere is welcoming. My husband and I are big on restaurants being consistent with their food preparation and BHB never disappoints. The menu items are pricey but everything we've ever ordered is well worth every penny. We both ordered the caprese salad to start which we both enjoyed. For my entree, I tend to always get the salmon and it's prepared perfectly each and every time. For my sides, the roasted brussel sprouts (minus the bacon) are delectable and the fried sweet potatoes are to die for! My husband tends to order some sort of red meat when we visit and he's never had a bad cut.Special Features:
- Unexpected location, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014My group of six was very impressed with the steaks and the wild game. Bother were high quality and cooked perfectly. The Service was good, but a bit "stodgy" for our age group. We had located the restaurant on line prior to our visit where the pictures look like it would be a stand alone location in a pleasant viewing area for the outdoor dining. We were quite surprised to find it was located in a rundown strip mall. The wine selection was overpriced for the quality brands listed. The wine would be fine, but please bring the pricing onit to suite what you offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden GemTNDinerDined on 7/23/2014The BHB is more than what I expected from a small town. It's as "big city" dining as I've experienced in Miami, Atlanta or New York City. The service was impeccable with multiple wait staff taking care of every need. The ambience is superb, just like dining in Colorado! You will never know you're in a small Tennessee town when your inside. The food was absolutely perfect. We could not have asked for anything better…other than a bit less expensive!Special Features:
- Expensive but good!GAfoodieDined on 7/12/2014We had elk with mushrooms and carrots and filet with crab Oscar, Brussels sprouts and Mac & cheese. The elk was great,the mushrooms were bland, the carrots were excellent; the filet with crab Oscar was fantastic, the Brussels sprouts were bland, but the Mac & cheese was to die for. Service was impeded due to overloading our server with too many tables all over the restaurant. The bill was incorrect. The atmosphere was nice. Bartender was very friendly and knowledgeable. Everything is a LA carte and very expensive. But it was my husband's birthday and we didn't mind. Although a little desert gift for the occasion would have been nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindATLGAcoupleDined on 6/27/2014Road trip stop in Cleveland for the night. Looking for nice dinner and found BHB on OpenTable. Great experience......service, food and wine. Popular spot for locals, which is always a good sign.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been betterGreatexpectationsDined on 6/25/2014Our group of six was seated promptly at a table in the middle of the restaurant. There was a never ending parade of rowdy middle aged women in daisy dukes who were going from the patio to the restroom, which was just beyond our table. They need a restroom for the bar/patio. Wine selection is great. Food was meh. Duck fries, perfect. Brussels sprouts, which came highly recommended, dry, tough, boring. My husband salted his $50 steak with a dish meant for the bread service. Cream based pasta tasted heavily of cream cheese. Our other dishes were fine. If you go, sit at the patio or bar. They have a delicious selection of pizzas, salads, and burgers. BHB has an identity crisis, rowdy bar or fine dining. They only do one of these well.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014This is our special place. We go here to celebrate, or just because. The service is always the best. The cuisine is excellent. We would highly recommend it and have done so many times. We will continue to enjoy it for as long as we can. Sincerely, Terri and Ed YeatmanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Orleans foodies in TNDeAnnaDined on 6/20/2014Best meal the entire week we were there. Service was exceptional. A must do for Cleveland, TNSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the AppetizerskanooksbuddyVIPDined on 6/4/2014I discovered this restaurant on Open Table while passing through the area. Appetizers and side dishes were outstanding. Unfortunately, the 2 entrees we ordered were a huge disappointment -- absolutely bland. BHB should consider elevating the sous chef to executive chef. The server was appropriately attentive and made several suggestions on menu items -- all of them good. I'll go back again and try the other appetizers I passed on last time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014We were celebrating our 38th anniversary and when making reservations ask for a quiet table if possible. When we were seated, it was at a very large booth which was uncomfortable and if we sat close we could not look at each other we had to turn sideways to carry on conversation. Then about thirty minutes later a large party of about 12 from an all male company came to dine. I though your restaurant had a more intimate atmosphere than it did. So these are just my thoughts.Special Features:
- Girlz Night Out4girlzdiningDined on 6/3/2014My 3 best friends and I meet at the BHB several times a year for laughs and fun. We are always impressed with the food and service. Since we, at times can get loud in our fun...we always get a booth in the back...and are allowed to totally enjoy ourselves. Can't wait till the next time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great game dinnerScooterVIPDined on 6/2/2014Pricey but worth the money. The wild game entree was outstanding. We ate inside but the outdoor area looked very inviting. Large wine list with fairly decent pricing. Our server was there when we needed him but seemed a little hesitant. Overall a nice special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExceptionalEarl1948Dined on 5/31/2014When we feel like going out for a great meal, BHB is usually the first place that comes to mind. It is very unusual for a town the size of Cleveland TN to have a place of this QUALITY both in terms of the food, service, and atmosphere. Compared to fine restaurants in many cities across the country, I would give this establishment a 5 STAR Rating. In all the years we have dined at BHB I have never had a meal that was not memorable and tasty. What makes the experience even more rewarding is the fact that most restaurants of this caliber are found in much larger cities and have much higher prices. If you want to make a special occasion more memorable I would offer BHB as your dining choice.Special Features:
- Still the Best10ecgalVIPDined on 5/29/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary with a terrific dinner. We've been going to the Bistro for our anniversary every year since we've been married. We typically start with the chopped salad-- our favorite because it's so good. I recently tired the mac and cheese, very good. If you have any left, it's seems to be better the next day. We also had steak; simply the best.Special Features:
- Love it!thankfulDined on 5/27/2014We enjoy it every time we go to BHB. We made our reservation online and th restaurant called us back the next day to confirm. They also honored our request for booth seating. The service is outstanding. Our server, Ryan, was very hospitable and willing to answer questions and go the extra mile. Will definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014This is one of the best (if not the best) places to eat in Cleveland, TN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 506 reviews are from the Bald Headed Bistro reviews archive.
- Perfect date nightFoodiequeen47Dined on 5/12/2014Bald Headed Bistro has got to be one of the most excellent, tucked away, fine dining restaurant in Cleveland, TN. With a wonderful, twist of a menu, and perfect taste, this restaurant pulls out all the stops. Perfect for a romantic date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTEDCHRISTIANDined on 5/10/2014I ENJOYED THE MEAL BUT WAS HOWEVER DISAPPOINTED TO LEARN THAT THE ESTABLISHMENT OPENLY SPEAKS OUT FOR GAY/LESBIAN RIGHTS. AS I DO NOT SEE HOW THIS PERTAINS TO FOOD AND COULD NOT FIND ANYWHERE WHERE THEY OPENLY SPEAK OUT FOR BIBLE PRINCIPLES I AM OBLIGED TO NOT VISIT THIS ESTABLISHMENT AGAIN.
- New menu lacks old favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014We have always loved BHB for their great food and awesome atmosphere. We had been trying newer restaurants over the last few months but decided to go back to our old faithful in May 2014 to celebrate my husband's birthday. We were sad to learn the menu has changed and our favorites (bacon wrapped bison, cheesecake, side items) were missing or had changed drastically. We were disappointed in the food we had - it tasted fine but for the cost we'll go elsewhere next time. It just wasn't as good as it used to be. Still not bad, just not great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatTerryDined on 5/9/2014Have been looking for an upscale place to take customers and there wives. This is it. I have brought my wife over twice in the last 40 days and it has been great both time. Will say the steaks are better than the seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!hughacDined on 5/7/2014One of the most enjoyable dining experiences that we have ever had.Special Features:
- magicalloveDined on 5/3/2014It was the 1st date for me and a beautiful woman I have known for many years. The food was great, but the scenery was the best from across the table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night for a foodiebobfromacworthDined on 5/3/2014Customer service by every person we dealt with was extremely good, not to mention the waitress had so much knowledge of the menu that helped us decide what to order. The Scottish Salmon was outstanding. Elk tracks ice cream pie just doesn't come any better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealnance58Dined on 5/2/2014Delicious meal! Our table had lamb, steaks and fish- all cooked perfectly, tender, and good flavor. The side dished are 5.00 each which can become pricey- but they were wonderful as well. The only side dish our table did not care for was the sautéed mushrooms. My only real complaint would be our waiter. He put our order in incorrectly twice- once for our appetizers (we ordered calamari-not tuna) and then again for dessert (he entered bread pudding instead of crème brulee). He had been pushing both items that he entered incorrectly, so I think he was pre-occupied when we placed our order. Highly recommended. $$$$Special Features:
- 1st Time Won't be Last TimechattaboogieDined on 4/24/2014Excellent food, top-notch attentive and high service wait staff. Ordered cornmeal dusted oysters for an appetizer, wedge salad and Kansas City strip steak with loaded baked potato. My meal was excellent, and prepared with fresh ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2014The selections for Brunch were average given the prices. Only one type of egg dish offered. No accommodations made for my husband with handicaps.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerHightowerluvDined on 4/19/2014The food and service was phenomenal! The Elk was superb as was the Cowboy Ribeye, there was more food than we were able to eat. The staff take time to explain the menu and have recommendations for those not familiar with finer dining. Made our first wedding anniversary unforgettable! Thank you for making our night special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service - OK steakOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2014Same great service and ambiance, my steak was just OK.Special Features:
- BHB 3/29/2014JlbruDined on 3/29/2014Attentive wait staff, the synchronized plate delivery was unique. Everything tasted great, but taste could not overcome the gristle and toughness of the usually reliable ribeye. Disappointing for a +$30 steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not quite what we expectedHHandbasketDined on 3/28/2014This was our first visit to BHB after hearing raves about the place from people whose taste we trust. The food was good, not great except for dessert. The service was stellar. The atmosphere wasn't quite what we expected. Overall, it was a little below our expectations for a pricey fine dining experience. We'll give it another shot however, because you can't judge a restaurant by one meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different Menu10ecgalVIPDined on 3/28/2014My husband and I have dined here oh so many times. With the different menu, nothing changed--wonderful food -- chopped salad, filet, and lobster carbanera, and terrific service. This will continue to be one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Excellent service, marvelous foodChattFoodieDined on 3/22/2014Our group's first time at the Bald Headed bistro was nothing short of wonderful. We had reservations for a party of three on a Saturday evening. The restaurant was not crowded, but the patio bar was alive with people. I ordered the cowboy ribeye with blue cheese crumbles. It was cooked to perfection with great marbeling, and it melted in my mouth. One, if not the best, steaks I've ever had. The grilled asparagus side I added was nothing noteworthy, but a good compliment. The dessert selection was also outstanding. The service was impeccable. I will definitely be returning, albeit with an expectation of spending more than a typical restaurant outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.