1265 Berry Creek Rd
Edwards, CO 81632Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sonnenalpgolfclub.com/Default.aspx?p=DynamicModule&pageid=234350&ssid=86795&vnf=1
- Phone: 9704775353x
- Hours of Operation:
Winter Operation (off season hours may vary)
Pub: Thursday - Monday 3:00pm - Close; Sunday 1:00pm - close
Dinner: Thursday - Monday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Summer Operation (off season hours may vary)
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Pub Menu: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Steve Topple
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
A word from Balata
Enjoy some of the finest foods along with some of the best views in the Vail Valley. The staff at Balata take Fine American Cuisine to another level. Whether you are looking for a casual dinner or a formal affair, Balata has something for everyone. Come experience what the Sonnenalp Golf Club members have known for years-- for atmosphere, great food and exceptional service, Balata is the place to visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Balata reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (11)great for outdoor dining (9)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (4)romantic (3)special occasion (3)kid-friendly (3)good for groups (3)fit for foodies (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Beautiful ViewOutstandingVIPDined on 7/3/2014This was our first time to try this restaurant and we will definitely return. The food was wonderful and everything about the evening was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 40 reviews are from the Balata reviews archive.
- Wonderful, delicious!CharDined on 4/12/2014Just make a reservation and enjoy! You will not be disappointed. Try the Trout!!!!!Special Features:
- LovelyHelenhennDined on 2/16/2014A lovely meal with a small child who was well cared for by staff. Excellent food and drink and wonderful mountain view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinnerColoradodinerVIPDined on 2/7/2014Every time I visit Balata I try something new and have yet to be disappointed. Tried the beet and spinach salad..great. The mussels are so good you want to finish the broth with your spoon, strip steak and bass were also great.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good settingShaunderDined on 1/16/2014A very enjoyable dining experience. Not crowded as so many restaurants in the Vail Valley are.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the DriveBobCDined on 1/6/2014Just a mile across from Arrowhead Ski/Golf resort this is worth the trip. Short trip from Avon and Beaver Creek nearer than Edwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Balata in DecemberOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/7/2013I go to Balata often while in Edwards during summers and winters; the food has improved over last summer. The food, wine and service were all good. The setting speaks for itself.Special Features:
- dependableljcoloradoVIPDined on 8/18/2013We eat at Balata at least twice a month. We thoroughly enjoy the staff, food and view. The best trout in the area, a must try dish. No complaints, I would highly recommend this restaurant. It is a country club restaurant but the public is welcome in this dining room. We are not members and are treated like we are!Special Features:
- Best view in the valleyOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/10/2013Our favorite on a summer night. Could not have been more accommodating for toddler. Great drinks. Meal was perfect and the ambiance is amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fresh foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/7/2013Can't beat this for eating outside and viewing the while valley! Just a great setting! Pub menu or regular menu, can't go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring the KidsMtnMrsVIPDined on 7/3/2013Balata is located in the Clubhouse at the Sonnenalp Golf Course in Singletree. The food is good, service is typically country-club slow. The outdoor patio is very nice and the view is terrific!!! If you're looking for a place to bring a larger group with the kids and grandparents, this is it! If you're looking for a quiet, romantic diner for two....think again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off nightJanBugDined on 6/26/2013Service was really poor. Brought one cocktail and the other was greatly delayed, maybe 15 minutes. I went to get a glass of wine from bar. That caused the drink to be delivered. Very distracting! I ordered a side of sweet potato casserole and after some delay the main order delivered and they sent fries, waiter said they did not have casserole on menu. I got a copy and showed him he was in error. Too late to correct, I never got the side. Had to ask 3 times for fork to begin my entrée. It took about 10 minutes while the food cooled. Salad plates not bussed from table even though we moved them aside. I finally moved them to a nearby empty table. Not our first time at Balata and this was not typical, but it was poor.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2013We had a group of dieters and a vegetarian... makes choosing food places difficult everyone loved what they got! Pricy but the food was flavorful and well prepared. The views were great and the service was ok had a few hiccups. .. but overall a good experience. .Special Features:
- Great food and service, plusOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/16/2013Great food and service, plus its an outstanding value.Special Features:
- Great spot in EdwardsKristenVIPDined on 3/9/2013Great restaurant in Edwards- good specials on wine and entrees. Food excellent!Special Features:
- had a terrific time and enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2013had a terrific time and enjoyed the food very much.Special Features:
- Balata gets it right!ColoradodinerVIPDined on 2/23/2013We have had many great dinners at Balata this winter, and will definitely be going back. The Friday night Prime Rib was great, we have also taken advantage of the Half off all wine on Thursdays and the Saturday night $60 dinner for 2 that also includes wine! Glad to see that Balata is having a great come back.Special Features:
- Great food for reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/23/2013Great food for reasonable price in the valley. Country club feelSpecial Features:
- Our server was attentive andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/15/2013Our server was attentive and friendly. Both our meals were very good. The food was a little slow between salad and entree however it was a pleasant dining experience.
- We enjoyed the ambiance ofOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We enjoyed the ambiance of Balata's and the personal touch my wife and I received. Our meals were excellent and so was the wait service. We would recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- Great food but poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/31/2012Food for party of four was variable with 2 excellent and 2 so-so entrees. Server was friendly yet slow and unattentive. Service needs to be improved.Special Features:
- Service was horrible. TookOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 12/29/2012Service was horrible. Took 20 minutes for a waiter to approach the table. Food was barely mediocre. You can't trust these prior reviews.
- Seemed to be undder staffedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/28/2012Seemed to be undder staffed in that service was slow and a bit clumsy.Special Features:
- Good upper middle semi-casualOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2012Good upper middle semi-casual night out in the down valley Vail area.Special Features:
- Secret gem, great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2012Food is great, amazing variety of appetizers and entrees..hard to choose from. Great service.. Best views..Special Features:
- Repeat for sureljcoloradoVIPDined on 9/22/2012Great food fabulous waitress, view is fantastic, delightful atmosphereSpecial Features:
- View with great value!JanBugDined on 8/30/2012This place has one of the best views in the Vail Valley! The food and wine was very good and it was a GREAT value. We will be back.Special Features:
- Food is very good and nicelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012Food is very good and nicely presented. Reasonably price. Our waiter was invisible, however.Special Features:
- Will returnljcoloradoVIPDined on 7/14/2012The restaurant was very busy but our table was ready when we arrived. We had a window seat with a georgeous view, everyones food was excellent and our waitress was attentive and friendly. This is a public restaurant in a private country club, but you are treated like a member.Special Features:
- We were entertaining out-of-townOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2012We were entertaining out-of-town guests and had a very good experience. The dinner menu is relatively short, but offers variety. The food was well-prepared and the service was excellent. We don't eat here often, but have never had a bad experience.Special Features:
- The Balata patio is the bestMtncatDined on 6/29/2012The Balata patio is the best in the Valley. The food was very good and the service was good but not quite fabulous. We go there often and the experience is always good. Can't beat the views!!Special Features:
- Food was delicious, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2012Food was delicious, especially the Ahi tuna appetizer and trout main dish. Only problem was the manager insisted we were at fault when we had a problem with the Travelzoo coupon. She was huffy and didn't seem to understand that if she and Travelzoo had a misunderstanding, then it was in her best interest to contact Travelzoo and correct it, instead of telling us to contact them!Special Features:
- We were pretty dissappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012We were pretty dissappointed. We had to wait for drinks, quite a while, then got to the buffet table to find no plates. Several items were empty for a while. Dessert had nothing that even looked good.We have done this for Easter for several years....don't think we will do it again.Special Features:
- We have eaten at Balata severalljcoloradoVIPDined on 2/18/2012We have eaten at Balata several times and always find the food to be very good. You get a nice variety of food at several different price points. Something for every pocketbook. The staff is very friendly and they had live entertainment the evening we were there. We had not experienced their live entertainment before, but it was great!Special Features:
- Food was quite good if notOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/30/2011Food was quite good if not the most creative. Three-course menu for $29 a steal in the Vail Valley. Waitstaff very eager to please, although the night we were there they seemed not to have enough people working and dinner was therefore at an overly "leisurely" pace. Apple-cinnamon bread pudding was the best dessert.
- Balata is consistently goodVailDined on 10/1/2011Balata is consistently good with great food and a spectacular view, esp during fall in the mountains. Servers are always very good.Special Features:
- One of the prettiest diningMtncatDined on 8/27/2011One of the prettiest dining decks in the Vail Valley. The food is good and reasonably priced. Service was much improved from the last two times we were there. Can't beat the view.Special Features:
- this restaurant used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/17/2011this restaurant used to be one of the tops in the Vail Valley for great food. Chef left, and the good food seems to have left, also. Still a great patio with fabulous view.Special Features:
- Amazing AnniversaryHibiscusDined on 8/6/2011Had a wonderful anniversary dinner here. The food, the view of the rockies, the service... our waiter actually took the time to walk outside on the patio with us to take our photo! Nothing could have been better. Balata is by far our favorite hidden gem of the Vail Valley!Special Features:
- Balata has the BEST view in2todineVIPDined on 7/14/2011Balata has the BEST view in the valley! The service is very attentive......not sure what to say about the food. Average.........Everyone enjoyed their dinner but it is the lovely deck and spectacular views that made our evening! Not much on the wine list and we ended up ordering from the Pub Menu....good ribs and fish and chips. Too....Balata is part of a country club and has a fun view of the golf course.Special Features: