4515 Sharon Rd
Charlotte, NC 28211Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://baku-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 7048177173
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Tuesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Wednesday - Thursday: 4:00pm – 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm – 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Yakitori
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Baku
BAKU is a Japanese Robata-style restaurant that showcases outstanding sushi and innovative Robata and Yakatori cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Baku reviews from OpenTable diners
204 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (143)special occasion (132)hot spot (113)romantic (75)good for groups (59)vibrant bar scene (48)neighborhood gem (47)notable wine list (30)great for outdoor dining (27)late-night find (27)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (3)Show More
- Great FoodabsolutetpVIPDined on 9/12/2014This place is a great Japanese restaurant. We have been there twice. The food is great. The ambiance is great too. The manager, Adam, actually remembered us from our first visit. He came over and made sure our experience was just as good as the first one. And it definitely was. Definitely worth going there. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alwaysaburgherDined on 9/12/2014A wonderful way to try so many delicious, and sometimes unusual, foods. Our waiter was extremely knowdegeable and paced our small plates very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, great service!MariaBDined on 9/11/2014Raw oyster special was AMAZING! The butterfish sashimi melted in your mouth. Also great - crab kamamashi pot, fried rice crispy cakes, eel. Make sure to save room for the dark chocolate truffles and chocolate molten lava cake. Great cocktail menu, I enjoyed the hibiscus pomegranate sour and my husband had a tradition mojito. The waiter was fantastic, spot on with all of his food suggestions. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/10/2014The food and service! I would definitely eat here again. But be prepare its very expensive.Special Features:
- Cool and Uniques JapanesePreibmeisterDined on 9/10/2014Very diversified menu. All ordered was really good. Great waitstaffSpecial Features:
- JapisbeeindcVIPDined on 9/6/2014Thats what our waiter called it. The food was amazing....especially the pork belly skewers!!! ( ordered those twice). The butterfish was melt in your mouth delicous. Dont' think we had one bad thing. Even had items for Vegan daughter. a great time was had by all.Special Features:
- Excellent food but pricey!DassistDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I went on a Sat night for a nice dinner out and really enjoy the food! Atmosphere was nice and not too loud. It is mostly a tapas/small plate menu. VERY. PRICEY! Will only return for a special occasion. Easily spent 150-200 for our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceMatoroDined on 8/31/2014i was told by friends it was a great restaurant and decided to go with my husband. i loved it from the entrance. the service provided was outstanding, the waiter took the time to explain how the service works and he was always checking on us to see if we were comfortable. the food was wonderful, i loved the taste and the presentation was impecable. i will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Still recommendNatalieDined on 8/30/2014Went in and they were behind 30 mins on reservations. The waiter charged my card and we had paid cash so it was an ordeal for $250 but at the end of the day I know how service industry can be and I'm sure I will still be back because the food is amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so sodangerrussDined on 8/30/2014Had to wait, even though we had reservation. Cocktail service in the upstairs bar was very slow and no ability to transfer our drinks to our table, come on its 2014. Once we sat down the food took quite a long time to come out. Somehow grilled asparagus takes 30 minutes to make. The rest of the food was decent, but nothing to make me crave a return trip. Overpriced for standard sushi fare. Atmosphere and decor is very well done, but little things like cheap plastic sheet protectors in the menu books that prevent you from reading the menu add up to a less than spectacular meal. One diamond amongst the rough is the extensive sake list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGNatalieDined on 8/24/2014Baku is amazing!!!! Seafood is extremely fresh and the menu is certainly wide spread! Service was amazing! Gabriel had plenty of suggestions and was extremely knowledgeable of all Baku has to offer. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South Beach in CharlotteHighenddinerDined on 8/23/2014Reminded me of eating at "hot spots" in South Beach or New York. Food was original and interesting, ambience was dark and mysterious, service was attentive and friendly. Cool place to eat great food!Special Features:
- Only one problemkbeverVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food at Baku is wonderful. I had Tuna Tartare and the Escolar both of which were very good. The waiters are very attentive and extremely knowledgeable. However, this is my second time at Baku and I had the same experience both times which is the delivery of the food is spotty. My dinner companion has his first selection 5 minutes before I got mine. He had finished his meal before I got my third selection. Its not a terrible problem but it does have a negative impact on the overall meal. I realize that small plates tend to come out on a different cadence but I would like to be eating when my companion is eating rather than us basically having separate meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant in CharlotteOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/22/2014We are extremely picky when it comes to food and Baku surpasses all our expectations for a restaurant. We were fortunate to meet the humble and creative chef. Our waitress was wonderful! It was a perfect experience! Thank you!!Special Features:
- Beach314Dined on 8/22/2014Food was delish! Service was fabulous. Couldn't say that about our first visit to Baku almost a year ago. When I contacted management about our disappointing experience at that time, we received a gift card in the mail. We used the card on Friday night. After our pleasant second visit, we will definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Upscale JapaneseBK98Dined on 8/22/2014This was our first visit to Baku and we will go back. Nice presentation of sushi/sashimi/and other dishes. Service was outstanding as was food preparation. Restaurant was busy but did not feel crowded. We arrived on time and were seated immediately. Definitely special occasion dining as dishes are pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- yuknoDined on 8/22/2014great place great food great sake what more do you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happyguyDined on 8/21/2014Great meal well served. As always, interesting food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food AmazingCodyVIPDined on 8/19/2014All fish is so fresh and dishes are unique! Love the tapas style and choices available. Really must try for yourself!!! You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- HORRIBLE HOSTESSESBSW444Dined on 8/16/2014Made my reservation for 3ppl at 9:00pm. Arrived at 8:30pm and checked in with the hostess. I told her that we would be upstairs at the bar, but would like to be seated early if possible. She came at 9:20pm to tell us our table was ready. This is NOT acceptable, and no apology was offered. We ate at the bar. The bartenders were super, the food was just ok. This is my third time at Baku - all just so, so. I will not be back due to the terrible hostesses.
- Great sashimi and other dishesGeoffDined on 8/16/2014Great food and service. Our server did a great job of guiding us through the large menu and choosing the right amount of food. We were very pleased with all our choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow! Our expectations were excededOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/16/2014Great service, great food, great evening. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- BabyjessshDined on 8/12/2014Been there a bunch of times before still the best place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and servicevillefoodieVIPDined on 8/8/2014We enjoyed the sushi and the tea-soaked duck dish very much. The truffle dessert is also delicious. We made another reservation before we left the restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor dining in South ParkGaryVIPDined on 8/4/2014My friend and I shared Edamame with Spicy chili oil, which was different and added a nice kick. the drinks were generous. She had the roasted beet salad and I have the roasted eggplant salad, both were asian influenced and delicious. We wanted to eat lite so we shared three maki rolls. The spicy tuna, yellowtail and shrimp were all very good, the tuna was the outstanding winner. We had a great time with a great waiter. $50 each and we were happy.Special Features:
- Awesome experienceFoodie1995VIPDined on 8/1/2014The Food, service, and atmosphere were all great. I can't wait for my next visit. You must get dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A splurgeFoodLVRDined on 8/1/2014Fun. Unique decor. Relaxed, dim ambiance upstairs. The seating lends itself to talking to your neighbor even if a stranger. Great service. Dishes arrived spaced out. Did not feel rushed. Enjoyed the smokey flavor of the tiger prawns. Skimpy portions on some dishes ie tiger prawns and a salmon special. Maki rolls are generous to share. Pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousJLB14Dined on 7/29/2014The atmosphere is great. Awesome food. Great selection. Service is excellent. Very friendly and knowledgable staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dinnerDavclaDined on 7/28/2014One of the best dining experiences ever, great food and super great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014I really enjoyed dinner at Baku. The service was wonderful and the food was very good. I would like to see a more extensive sushi menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014My gf and I celebrated our anniversary here. The waiters were nice and professional. Nice music. Very nice ambiance. Food was SO good. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! :)Special Features:
- Oustanding Service and FoodhappyVIPDined on 7/27/2014From the moment we were greeted until we left, the service was outstanding! The wait staff was knowledgeable and enthusiastic about recommendations from drinks to main dishes to desserts. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Seated near Bar - oh no!!NCProfessionalVIPDined on 7/27/2014Wonderful dinner. Delicious food but even with reservations we were seated upstairs in the bar area. The music was loud and so was the talk around us to be heard above it. Service was wonderful. Food unbelievable and flavorful but the noise was just too much.Special Features:
- Fun foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014Everything was very good the small plates for sharing made it a fun experience in diningSpecial Features:
- Baku is THE PLACE!!DocMike304Dined on 7/26/2014I went to dinner with my wife and we had a fantastic time and a superb meal. The staff was very attentive and informative with regards to the menu. The pork belly with kimchi, chicken liver skewers, and the Giant Madagascar Prawn were our favorites...we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- DiceVIPDined on 7/26/2014Very tasty!! Dishes are meant to be shared so naturally it's a fun place to go to with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the robatayaki grill!BellaCucina82VIPDined on 7/26/2014So glad we finally have a robatayaki in Charlotte. Loved the pork belly, wagyu.salmon & sticky rice & Asian inspired desserts. Hip vibrant ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyabletrekwatcherDined on 7/26/2014First time at a Japanese Restaurant like this. It was very good.Special Features:
- Will Be BackLAJOHAVIPDined on 7/25/2014Tried Baku for Restaurant Week and will definitely go back. Saw their Sunday Brunch menu and it looks incredible. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- like2eatoutDined on 7/25/2014Have been several times to Baku - exciting menu - great foodSpecial Features: