Baklava - San Carlos
680 Laurel Street
San Carlos, CA 94070Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Baklava - San Carlos
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 6505921852
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Baklava - San Carlos
A new Mediterranean restaurant in San CarlosContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Baklava - San Carlos reviews from OpenTable diners
- Had visited a couple of weekswhyforDined on 2/2/2013Had visited a couple of weeks ago and had both better service and better seasoned food. We returned with some friends and were overall very satisfied but thought things were not as together this time than on previous occasion.
- An oasis of flavor!ScotchmoVIPDined on 2/1/2013Love Baklava. Had only recently gone, but have already been there weekly it's that tasty! The pita bread is addicting and scrumptious.. The recent lamb shank special was at once rich and savory with a bright burst of spice and lemon - stunning. Everyone I've taken loves it. It's now on our regular rotation of great places on Laurel Street. Bravo.Special Features:
- Give your review a titleOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/18/2013The food was good, but we were extremely disappointed to see that the Turkish Pies had been taken off the menu since our last visit. The Pies were delicious and we hope they are included back in the menu.
- The food was well prepared,whyforDined on 1/14/2013The food was well prepared, well presented and the flavors melded well yet were distinctive. The server was attentive but did not hover over the table. A totally enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Made a RSV but rst wasn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 1/12/2013Made a RSV but rst wasn't open.Have dined there before. Greatfood/service.Have recommended to friends.
- Superb and high quality ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2013Superb and high quality of food, very well trained kitchen staff, outstanding server and service! We will be visiting Restaurant Baklava much more often!Special Features:
- The food was as if it hadOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/31/2012The food was as if it had been prepared in one's home. It was gently spiced and carefully presented. We appreciated that our server advised us to order only one appetizer and one dessert because the serving was enough for two. The prices were very reasonable. We had a delightful time on New Year's eve.Special Features:
- Neighborhood FindOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 12/8/2012We were so happy and surprised how wonderful this restaurant is... the food, the ambiance, the prices,the service... all outstanding. Once word of mouth gets arond there will be a wait list, I would recommend trying it before that. My husband had the oso bucco and I had an eggplant dish filled with delicious meat sauce. The portions were perfect.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner for our familyJellyBeanVIPDined on 11/24/2012Wonderful dinner for our family party of 6. Food was wonderful, service excellent and live music provided great ambiance.Special Features:
- Another great San Carlos restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012Our first time to visit this new restaurant in San Carlos. We met some friends hoping for a nice time together. We all loved the restaurant! The ambiance, lighting, spacing of the tables, were cozy. The service was what I like; attentive but not hovering. We never were left hanging and were not interrupted too many times. All of our meals were outstanding, as were the appetizers. We also enjoyed live vocals by a solo young man. That was also well done, not loud, very relaxing. We will be back, soon!Special Features:
- if you're not in the moodOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/15/2012if you're not in the mood to hear some live romantic music while you dine, you may want to reconsider. However, the food is very good, and for us, it was worth it.
- A new favorite place!CaroleWDined on 11/6/2012This was our first visit -- four of us including a 5-year old. The staff were gracious and very helpful in managing the needs of a 5-year old at a grown-up table (e.g., plastic cup with straw instead of heavy glass of ice water). As for the food, it was such wonderful surprise that everything we tried was outstanding. The sampler appetizer plate for two was generously portioned and each item was distinctive. The lamb moussaka was delicate and flavorful as was the stuffed eggplant. (By that I mean that you could taste the each ingredient and there was no overpowering of one flavor over another.) We will definitely be back. Baklava San Carlos is now on "our list" of local favorite dining!Special Features:
- Lovely decor, warm and inviting.MenloGalVIPDined on 11/3/2012Lovely decor, warm and inviting. Romantic songs by a soloist, played a bit too loud for the small space, it was difficult to have a conversation with my dining companion. We went on a Saturday night and the place was mostly full. The staff was helpful, knowledgeable and attentive. I had the Baklava Kebabs, a mix of 4 meat choices, rice and vegetables, my dining companion had the chicken souvlaki which came with fingerling potatoes and mixed greens. The meats were nicely seasoned and tender, I found the rice somewhat bland and the 2 fingerling potatoes cut in half to be a bit skimpy. I would return again, but it would not be a first choice. I really found the music to be too loud.
- Baklav is a very lovely restaurantJellyBeanVIPDined on 10/27/2012Baklav is a very lovely restaurant with a wonderful ambiance, great food & service. I really enjoyed our spontaneous Saturday night date dinner. While we could have sat outside near the warm of artistic gas heater, we sat inside an listened to an excellent live Mediterranean music. The traditional whole seabass was fantastic, as were the humas & starters and wine. Fabulous evening.Special Features:
- Good service, lousy food.RhishiVIPDined on 10/26/2012Really bad middle eastern food. The artichoke dish was submerged in olive oil. The lentil soup was pedestrian. The service is good and friendly. Finding parking can be a challenge on Laurel street. There are better places out there to eat than Baklava.
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2012We loved this place. The owner and the waiter treated us like royalty. The food was sumptuous, and the place is decorated perfectly. We have spent time in Istanbul, and this cafe made us feel like we were back there once again. Loved itSpecial Features:
- Mixed First ExperienceDiner2020VIPDined on 10/5/2012My wife and I tried this new San Carlos restaurant and had a mixed experience. The owner and service staff were friendly and welcoming but could have been more attentive. We found ourselves waiting a couple of times during the meal. Some of the dishes were exceptional (grilled octopus) and others were mediocre (falafel, dolmas). I enjoyed the sea bass special but my wife thought the seasoning was too strong. Overall the value was good and we will try Baklava again before making up our minds.
- Pretty Good - Needs attentivenessMMMMMVIPDined on 9/20/2012I like the ambiance at night with the lighting, and the table arrangements are done quite well, but the attention to detail needs to be improved. Our table did not have salt, and the wine pouring was way too slow, (I had to pour most myself). The staff is very friendly, and the place has a pretty nice charm about it. Otherwise, the Pork Chops are okay, and the "Special" Seabass was just okay - Nothing outstanding; just okay... We will try this restaurant again, but won't reorder the same dishes.
- Delicious Dining in San CarlosEllynjdDined on 9/19/2012We're excited to see a truly exceptional restaurant come to San Carlos. The food was fantastic... everyone in our party of 4 loved what they ordered. The wait staff was super helpful describing the dishes and making recommendations. The decor is casual but sophisticated, making it feel like a special night out at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- The food is very good, butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2012The food is very good, but the service was slow both times I have been to this location.Special Features:
- This new restaurant on SanSusanneVIPDined on 9/11/2012This new restaurant on San Carlos' Laurel St is a real gem. The mezes platter (priced for either 2, 4 or 6 diners) has a delicious assortment with the best falafel and hummus that we've ever had. Main courses were outstanding and artfully presented. We enjoyed a bottle of Turkish wine, recommended by our waiter, that was wonderful and very well-priced. We will be going back to Baklava very soon!Special Features:
- Not sure yetOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2012Hi, I had the fish wrap which was bland and dry, and the "yogurt" sauce it came with tasted just like tarter sauce, which I didn't like. I preferred my friend's sauce (I think it was a tahini sauce although it seemed more like yogurt/dill) which she let me use. The array of items on the menu looks good but I hope they have more moistness & flavor than this did.
- The people, food and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2012The people, food and ambiance all make you feel you really are in turkey! This is our new favorite place!Special Features: