4820 N Clinton
Fort Wayne, IN 46825Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bakerstreetfortwayne.com/
- Phone: (260) 484-3300
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:00pm - 4:00pm
Mon - Thur: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Fri - Sat: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chad Kyle
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Take a look at our catering menus at http://www.bakerstreetfortwayne.com/amenities/bakerstreet-catering
We can cater off-site for any size party 4 - 500 people. Jaimi would be happy to give any details and help customize your off-site experience!
- Special Events: A talented culinary staff will create a customized menu that will exceed your expectations, complimented by a trained service staff committed to providing the personal touch that will make your experience unique and memorable.
A word from BakerStreet
BakerStreet is a locally owned establishment that prides itself on personalized service. An upscale, elegant decor complements the polished, casual attitude. Steaks are the specialty at BakerStreet. Whether traditional and classic, or edgy and gourmet, all the bases are covered. Fresh seafood features are added weekly to the favorites on the menu. Even the vegetarian will find something special at BakerStreet. Chef Kyle's dessert offerings will bring the perfect finish to your dining experience. BakerStreet offers a diverse wine list, with many half bottles and “by the glass” options, and an extensive craft beer list! Come in and enjoy! Don’t forget to ask about the private party rooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
BakerStreet - Best Restaurants in Fort Wayne ›
BakerStreet reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (138)romantic (103)fit for foodies (65)good for groups (51)notable wine list (51)neighborhood gem (41)great for lunch (35)hot spot (23)late-night find (15)vibrant bar scene (15)great for outdoor dining (11)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (2)Show More
- Treat yourselfOutoftownerVIPDined on 11/21/2014Busy but not hectic, lively but not loud, efficient not rushed, quality but not pricey. This is a great place you have to add to your list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2014Baker Street is our favorite spot for a special occasion. The service and food really set baker street a cut above the rest, without being snobby or pretentious at all. The servers always ask if it is a special occasion--and then really make it one. But this is also the perfect spot for a grown up girls night. We come back as often as we can and are never disappointed!Special Features:
- LOVE Baker Street!otterladyVIPDined on 11/14/2014We only visit Fort Wayne once a year and we make a point to dine at Baker Street. The food is just fantastic! And, the Momo Tara drink is our absolute favorite! Service is always perfect. If we could give it ten stars, we would!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for pre showFancyfoodDined on 11/7/2014We were going to the Cirque show and so just came for drinks and appetizers. Our waiter Nick was great and we had plenty of food and good drinks and easily made it out in time for the show.Special Features:
- Worth Every Mile and Every PennyIndyteachDined on 11/1/2014We travel over an hour to visit Baker Street in Fort Wayne for special occasions like our birthdays and our anniversary. We look forward to our trips and savor every moment at the bar and restaurant. The filets are superb, the bread is addictive, the desserts are mouth watering, and the mashup of contemporary and rustic decor provides perfect ambiance. We never feel rushed. Baker Street is a complete dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, not so good food.BobbyDined on 11/1/2014I got the new York strip. It wasn't seasoned. Hard on the outside and soft in the middle. Salad was probably the best part of the meal. Very disappointed with this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSjp14Dined on 11/1/2014The food was great. Service awesome. Only complaint would be food could have been hotterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencekaszDined on 11/1/2014We have been here at least 6-7 times. Sometimes with our kids, some times just my husband and I and other times with another couple. Have had several of the servers multiple times and have always had great service!! The manager/owners very friendly!! It is across town from where we live but love dining at Baker Street!! Thanks for your awesome food and service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best experienceEvaluatorDined on 11/1/2014We reserved a booth and when we showed up the Owner/manager took us very aggressively to our "table" ( in the middle of the booths) after the hostess said we will have to wait for 10 min for the booth. Then the manager realized 1/4 way into our meal of her mistake and then resat us to a booth where we then got luke warm clam chowder after wrong soup was brought to us initially, and marginal food. Just ate at Black Canyon and the food was much better and priced appropriate. Baker street this visit was not the " high class" restaurant that it represents. Not the best birthday experience.Special Features:
- Very EnjoyableRxKarynVIPDined on 10/31/2014The Chocolate Creme Brulee is awesome! I really enjoyed the fish tacos again too!Special Features:
- WonderfulRxKarynVIPDined on 10/28/2014I had a wonderful dining experience here again! James was great at taking care of having chocolate creme brulee for me at my request! Love this place. The fish tacos are fabulous!Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationSoulmatesDined on 10/24/2014Best restaurant in town! The entire staff was friendly, helpful, and the essence of this establishment. The atmosphere is inviting, but not so quiet that you feel uncomfortable speaking or having a good time. The food is excellent, as well! Well worth the money, especially for a special occasion. We plan on returning and would also like to give the lunch menu a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a great restaurant.AllanDined on 10/24/2014It has it all: a welcoming entrance; great service from a well trained staff and good food. There is nothing wrong here!Special Features:
- Great food and servicegregDined on 10/23/2014Again great food and service. This is the best Fort Wayne restaurant we have been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new favoriteSaturdaydinerVIPDined on 10/18/2014When my husband and I found that we had some time before my daughter's wedding, we stopped at Baker Street for lunch. The atmosphere was quiet, which is just what we wanted at that time. The wine was wonderful paired with the Salmon and Goat Cheese salad. We will add Baker Street to our short list of 'favorite' restaurants to frequent when we visit Fort Wayne from Texas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurant!newretireeDined on 10/17/2014We love Baker Street! The staff is very friendly. The food is great with different and amazing specials each time we go. Can't find exactly what you want on the menu? They will do everything they can to accommodate you!! It's a great place to go for a special occasion, for a quick bite or for a couple of drinks and appetizers after a long week!! We can't say enough good things about this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!Luv2EatDined on 10/17/2014The food was wonderful. A little pricey, but worth it. Nice place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch1LovescallopsDined on 10/13/2014Terrifuc cobb salad...the dressing was too like mayonaise. ive had the scallops several times.quality keeps diminishing. smaller. gritty. not done in center. had to tastefully reomove from my mouth..walnuts were even better before..Miss the Chop salad..They removed hearts of palm and replaced with egg. ugh. steaks were grizzley last time i went w/ friends..we all feel that is was at one time great..Cork is now my fav. 9.00 for martini thats not even close to full:(Special Features:
- whatafindDined on 10/12/2014We had the gouda dip appetizer which was delicious but too much for 2 people, but we indulged anyway. The salad was nice and crisp with a variety of ingredients. The pecan crusted trout was wonderful, but a large portion. The wine was good. I had a pinot and my husband had a cabernet. We took carrot cake home for dessert. A nice touch was that my husband got his dessert free for celebrating his birthday and the staff signed a birthday card. The wait staff was friendly and efficient. ( We were visiting Fort Wayne to do genealogical research and a bicycle ride.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightDateDined on 10/11/2014We go to Baker Street for Date Night's about once every 3 months and the wait staff and the food are always EXCELLENT!Special Features:
- Outstanding!GFgalDined on 10/11/2014We made an early reservation, so that we could get to an early show in the area. We had noted that 2 diners would be gluten free and that we were celebrating birthdays and anniversaries. They made note of this to the server, so she was well acquainted with our needs. Food, service, atmosphere were outstanding! Their gluten free menu is quite extensive and the staff is well trained in discussing and presenting GF items that are exceptionally delicious. We've never been disappointed with our experiences at Baker Street. Overall quality is well worth the extra cost, when compared with local chains. Love to support this locally owned treasure!Special Features:
- WonderfulRxKarynVIPDined on 10/10/2014The clam chowder is delicious! I really like the Fish Tacos too! The new sauce and cheese on them is tasty.Special Features:
- RUSSDined on 10/7/2014Great food, OUTSTANDING service. Above and beyond.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencetenyrDined on 10/2/2014We went for our 10 year anniversary and it was perfect! It was expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steak I've ever eaten!Steakfanatic211Dined on 10/1/2014The ambience was perfect as well as the spot on service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good timeaernest825Dined on 9/26/2014Hadn't been to Baker Street in over a year, but did remember enjoying it in the past. Had some friends in from out of town, made reservations for 8:30 on Fri night. My boyfriend and i arrived first and the hostest barely spoke. She never smiled. Looked at the screen in front of her for a couple of minutes before seating us. When my friends arrived, she didn't even notice them and another couple pointed them out to her. Once seated, Nate, our server, seemed new, but was very polite, very helpful in our wine, beer, and food selections. He was quick and on the ball, and funny! Didn't like the mac and cheese, everything else was exceptional. The lamp chops were to die for and cooked to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousAnniversaryDined on 9/23/2014Our waitress, Holly, was absolutely fabulous. The bone-in ribeye and the walleye were perfect.Special Features:
- Great Dinner after ProposalScottDined on 9/21/2014BakerStreet was romantic, delicious, and also had such amazing service. Our server was Charity and she did a fantastic job. We had the Gluten free bead, gluten free bruschetta, 8 oz filet with add-on lobster tail, 11 oz strip, and the gluten free flourless cake. It was all amazing. This was my favorite and most memorable dining experience yet. I highly recommend this restaurant for a romantic date or a special occasion.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and service.vette77Dined on 9/20/2014My wife and I have dined in several times for leisure and special occasions. To this day, Baker Street is our favorite place to eat. The service and the food is magnificent.Special Features:
- Great DinnerKennnnnDined on 9/20/2014Good Lobster Bisque, Prime Rib Special was cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- return diningdinerDined on 9/19/2014Our last visit to Baker Street was not up to our standards. This visit was very good. From the dinner to the service, we could not have enjoyed ourselves more. The manager stopped by to see how this visit was and we told James how pleased we were. Great work by the Baker Street group.Special Features:
- ConsistentConsistentVIPDined on 9/18/2014What I love about Baker's Street is the consistency. I always have a great experience, great food, great service. Thank you!Special Features:
- Celebrating Birthday-5 of us!Diva4wineVIPDined on 9/17/2014Jordan was very accommodating & the entire team of servers assisted as we leisurely dined, drank & celebrated a birthday. Out of white chicken chili they substituted the lobster bisque without the normal upcharge. Ahi was excellent; One in our party had the fish feature- LOVED it! One was gluton-free & their Gluton free menu was as large as the regular menu! Wine pours, even the larger upcharge pour is not ample like Chops -so disappointing to pay $3 more for a larger pour & it still doesn't compare but then we're spoiled by Chops & Chops Wine Bar pours in Fort Wayne. Food though -excellent; service great! For dessert, birthday girl had favorite carrot cake, served with a scoop of ice cream -yum! Creme brulee also ample & yummy! Fun niteSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and servicegarmanDined on 9/15/2014We had a party of 5 and the service was great. The food was outstanding. The walleye was moist and tasty with the just the right amount of coating. The brussel sprouts were amazing! The lobster bisque was delicious.Special Features:
- FantasticbuscotidbitsDined on 9/13/2014Our server, Molly, was spot on! She helped to make our anniversary memorable, with great food and beverage choices, fun conversation yet romantic! Thanks to the whole staff but especially Molly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super dinner, super eveningMunchabunchDined on 9/7/2014Celebrated our anniversary and were treated so well. Carly, our waitress, was wonderful with descriptions of the foods and drinks, and interested in our lives and totally enthrall end with her work and her employer! The food and drink were exceptional. Atmosphere was equally enjoying. Overall, perfect eating experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Go-To Place In Fort WayneCaribbeangirlVIPDined on 9/7/2014BakerStreet is located very near I-69 on the northwest side of Fort Wayne, and is conveniently near the Glenbrook Mall area. My husband officiates high school wrestling in the city several times a year (we're from Indy), and I found this restaurant on Open Table...Wow! The food is amazing and the bar has cozy club chairs and round tables, in addition to bar seating. This time, I had the appetizer of scallops with a candied walnut and blue cheese topping. Fabulous! Last time, my husband had the best wedge salad he'd ever had, and I had wonderful filet medallions. Friendly service rounds out a great dining experience. Highly recommend this restaurant in Fort Wayne. Book early; it's reputation is well known!Special Features:
- 2nd time for our anniversaryDrewDined on 9/6/2014Food was much better than my previous 2 visits, Carly was awesome, and the anniversary card from your crew was a very nice touch! I dropped a star only because of the obnoxious twit in the booth behind us, but otherwise it was a great time!Special Features:
- Fine DiningCharlieBDined on 9/6/2014Baker Street has a very good and varied menu along with 3 featured dishes. Our waitress Carley was very well versed in knowing the various offerings and extremely attentive. The food was very good as well as the drinks and served at a good pace. Everything blended giving us a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Try it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Meal with drinks can get a bit pricey, but well worth the cost. Food is delicious and always cooked beautifully. Featured dishes are usually fantastic, especially appetizers. Service has been exceptional every time. We absolutely love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.