327 Wrigley Drive
Lake Geneva, WI 53147Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bakerhouse1885.com/
- Phone: (262) 248-4700
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: every Sunday 9:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner Hours September thru May: Thursday, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Dinner Hours Memorial Day thru Labor Day: Tuesday-Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Chris Cunningham & Edward Gonzalez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We look to develop each event according to the needs of our clients so that the experience is amazing for all. Our Chef is versatile in most cooking styles with a preference for Contemporary American with a local flair but rest assured that each bite is delicious.
- Private Party Facilities: Each of our elegantly furnished Rooms (Dining, Library, Music, Game and Porch) is able to host various events as well as the recently renovated exterior garden terrace. Baker House in conjunction with the Bella Vista(Adjoining property) can also host events holding up to 250 people in their facility.
- Private Party Contact: Anna Theis 2622484700x
- Entertainment: Thursday nights feature Tom Stanfield on Piano, Trumpet & Vocals
Friday nights Carolyn Wehner on Piano & Jazz Vocals
Saturdays live piano with all the vintage classics
- Special Events: We host many special custom events through out the property - weddings, re-Unions, corporate outings & retreats, seminars, engagements and anniversaries.
- Cross Street: Baker Street
- Public Transit: Aside from our pier and walk-up, drivers are all welcome, especially ones with two wheels.
(Trailers, RVs, Bi-Planes and Monster Trucks are asked to park in the public city lot just behind the House).
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have our own private lot of 44 spaces of which we have dedicated 4 for our Hotel Guests and 1 for Handicap access.
A word from Baker House
Join us for casual, small plate dining & fireside cocktails in our decadently furnished 1885 mansion. In the spirit of the great lakefront "cottages" of yesteryear, the BAKER HOUSE has recreated a world of Gilded Age living where grand entertaining is experienced daily and lavish parties are thrown nightly. Sing along at the player piano in our music room, play poker in the game room, savor fine wine in our library and dine fireside in our parlor. Instead of traditional restaurant seating, guests are served in plush wing backed chairs and overstuffed fringed couches throughout the mansion. Our menu of small plates is conducive for lounging and sharing & features many regional items such as Wisconsin artisan cheese boards, savory charcuterie, seasonal fondues and heartier favorites like sirloin sliders and robust garden paninis. Situated on the East shore of Geneva Lake with panoramic views of the lake and Riviera. For an extra special evening, book a second floor mansion hotel suite!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Baker House - Best Restaurants in Lake Geneva ›
Baker House reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)romantic (69)scenic view (67)great for brunch (40)neighborhood gem (34)great for outdoor dining (33)fit for foodies (32)good for groups (30)great for lunch (21)notable wine list (10)hot spot (9)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- PHENOMENAL! UNIQUE!AnonymousGirl2345Dined on 11/16/2014This restaurant has quite easily found itself as one of my top 5 favorite restaurants! It's so unique and is an experience like no other. The view of Geneva Lake was beautiful, as well!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ExperienceAnnJVIPDined on 11/15/2014Excellent job and atmosphere. Beautiful, restored, historic Inn. Lovely restaurant. Very personalized service. We stayed at the Baker House and enjoyed a private dining room with other Inn guests. Food and wine was excellence. Jonathan's attention to service and detail was great. Brunch the next morning was beautiful - just perfect. Our Anniversary was a very special event - thanks for a wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baker house stands for excellence!JuliaVIPDined on 11/9/2014Not a first time here, but decided to write a review for a first time. Before we had a waitress, middle aged, white blond women, who did care much for customer service. We noticed her attitude every time, but didn't say anything since food was fabulous, ambiance is magical, and we kept coming back, but this time waiter Mike was outstanding, and we felt for a first time how Baker house can "provide it all: service, food, ambiance, and what meant to be unforgettable." I really would like for Mike to be recognized, and for all staff to note that friendliness does make a lot of difference in entirety of picture for restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bit Pricey But Neat Experienceloutm28Dined on 11/9/2014We visited for Sunday Brunch to celebrate our one year anniversary. The Baker House is very unique. It's an old historic house so there are a few tables in each room of the house. For brunch, there are stations set up in a few of the main rooms as well. There was plenty of food on the 'buffet.' I thought it was a bit pricey - but, probably worth the money given the amount of food available. You also get unlimited champagne included in your brunch meal. We had a table looking out towards the lake which was a nice bonus. The staff also helped my dad pay for our meal secretly as a gift for our anniversary - they had to do a bit of investigating as the reservation was under my maiden name - their extra work was much appreciated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Sunday brunchkristend18Dined on 11/9/2014What a great, unusual place for Sunday brunch! We absolutely loved sitting in wingback chairs at an antique end table eating off of mismatched china and antique silverware. The vibe is so relaxed and the service was wonderful! We had a great time and have already recommended it to others. The food was great too. We were there for our anniversary and are truly glad that we went. The view is breathtaking as well. Definitely ask to be seating on the front porch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite the ExperiencemmmgoodVIPDined on 11/8/2014We were here celebrating a special occasion. The ambiance was like no other restaurant we've been to. Like stepping back in time to servers and hostesses wearing early 1900's outfits with dated hats, with patrons are encouraged to wear and try on for the duration of the meal. The restaurant is in an old 1900's mansion. Really cool. The food was just ok. Nothing special to rave about. Oh, don't get the salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique ExperienceYummyfoodloverDined on 11/2/2014The many room options in this restaurant adds to the enjoyment. We like the music room where, in the evening great songs are played, and guests are welcome to join in the singing. The library is a quieter room with classic furniture and appointments. The porch has gorgeous views of Lake Geneva. The employees are dressed in period clothing. The guests can get in on the action by choosing vintage hats to wear during the meal. We just had our first brunch there--delicious! And, bottomless champagne, too. The eggs Benedict are made to order. The options abound throughout the house. For dinner we enjoy a variety of small plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getawaymmmk07Dined on 11/2/2014I went to Lake Geneva fir the say to just escape everyday life. I wanted to go and relax some where with great foodand a quiet atmosphere and the Baker House did just that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Dining and View!!LGRestaurantDined on 10/26/2014Amazing restaurant experience with an amazing server and amazing food. Recommend this to anyone.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchVegasFanDined on 10/26/2014This is a fabulous place for brunch! Nice selection of hot foods, salads and desserts. We especially enjoyed the chocolate fondue, crab cakes and spinach-artichoke dip. The service has been excellent every time we've gone. Be sure to make reservations as it can get crowded for brunch, and to select one of their antique hats to wear during your meal to set the mood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HowitzerDined on 10/24/2014In a word : Pampered. The environment, the staff, the food, and it's presentation were a cut above. The staff is friendly - as family. It was a very comfortable . What a treat to spend time here. Next time we must come before labor day, when the outdoor evening festivities are in full swing.Special Features:
- We loved the ambiance! Terrific!FunfoodDined on 10/18/2014WE HAD SO MUCH FUN PICKING OUT THE RIGHT HATS! SERVER WAS A LOT OF FUN TOO. REALLY GREAT EXPERIENCE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Victorian BeautyDateNightCoupleDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I came to the Baker House for a romantic anniversary dinner and they sure did deliver! The food was scrumptious and the house itself was gorgeous. The staff all dress in victorian style wear. They are very polite and helpful. They have rooms available for the night as well, though pricey, they are beautiful. We did not get the room as much as we would have loved. Also, I love that they don't rush you through your dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique!TilyDined on 10/17/2014A 1930's mansion with period costumed staff and over 200 hats to choose from to wear! Each room of the home is different .. the food is exceptionally good! The spinach/artichoke dip is the best anywhere ... the filet is just superb!! We love driving to Lake Geneva knowing we have Baker House there for dinner!!Special Features:
- Baker House not the sameOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We went to the Baker House on a Saturday night. There was no piano player, actually I didn't hear any music. It was not the same experience without it. I would not go there again on a night without first checking the piano player's schedule. Additionally, it took forever for the waiter to get two drinks from the bar. They were apologetic but that didn't help much. The reason I go there is for the ambiance, not the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING FUN ROMANTIC DINING!DelightedGuestDined on 10/11/2014This was an amazing restaurant/Inn. It over looks the Beautiful Lake Geneva. It is also themed in the 1920-1950ish. Everything is very old, vintage, antique. Also there are hats that the guests are welcome to try on/ wear for the evening to get into the character! The Service and Staff are AMAZING! They are amazing at what they do, and always are on top of everything. The food was Fantastic! I have the Filet Mignon with roasted red potatoes and asparagus, an AMAZING Cocktail and wonderful wine! They also have outdoor seating with a fire place and have sunday Champagne brunches, murder mystery parties, and weddings. They also are an Inn and their rooms are themed for the 1920's-1950's era! Amazing Amazing place, I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- A step back in timePmorrisDined on 10/4/2014The ambiance at the Baker House is outstanding with it's many rooms, beautiful vintage furniture, pianos, organs, lighting and photos. We had reservations for 9pm and were seated immediately. The service was outstanding and our young waiter was very attentive. My husband had the sea bass which was the day's special and it was really good. I had the salmon which was a bit on the salty side but very tasty. The menu is limited so be sure to check it out on line. It was way too cool on Oct 4th to sit outside, but I'll be the view is outstanding. In the front hall they have a large variety of vintage hats for both men and women to wear which was very fun. We would definitely go back!!Special Features:
- excellentPeteJDined on 9/28/2014My wife and I found this restaurant on the lake Geneva website. Making a reservation was easy. The food and the atmosphere were amazing. The service was beyond expectation. The brunch buffet we had was a bit pricey, but worth it for the weekend vacation we were on. Overall I would recommend this to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time to be hadDrinkAllTheWineDined on 9/27/2014This is a favorite spot for me and my husband, and we love bringing new people to enjoy the casual yet eccentric and elegant experience. The food was wonderful, and nothing beats their cheese board. Always a pleasure to visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- step back in timetheaternightDined on 9/26/2014Birthday weekend, theme was a step back in time, this was a perfect place, beautiful, fun, the hats were so fun and the food was very good. would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLetyDined on 9/19/2014The Baker House was awesome!! We ran late so we called and they held our reservation. They even served us when it was close to closing time with no attitude!! Their wasn’t a huge food selection but the food that we had was out of this world! My husband had tears due to the filet Minion being so good! Totally recommend this place and it is not your every day setting.Special Features:
- Unique Dining ExperienceSashaDined on 9/18/2014We had dinner at the Baker House 9/18/2014. What a beautiful house especially lit up at night! Our table overlooked Lake Geneva and was romantic and quiet. Our waiter was a doll and the food was fantastic! Definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- Most beautiful atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/14/2014Felt like we took a step back in time. You can eat in any of the small rooms in the authentic Queen Ann home. One of the top brunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hats off to Baker HouseAvisVIPDined on 9/13/2014First, you should know they encourage you to don one of their countless hats while you eat there - it's so much fun! They're very accommodating and try to see that every guest enjoys themselves, even though, chances are, many of there are just vacationing in the area for a few days. We had a group of 10, and a reservation for 8pm. We arrived on time, but the large party seated earlier and expected to be gone by 8, showed no signs of budging, so they set up a banquet card table in an alcove of the house, not normally used for dining, and gave us our own private area. Seating was tight, and we had to pass down food & drink as it arrived, but we didn't mind. The food was surprisingly good, as were the cocktails. Definitely check it out!Special Features:
- Fun with HatsBeesaDined on 9/5/2014Great time with a college reunion group. Started off in the quaint bar and ended up in the living room, by the fireplace, being serenaded by a musician at the piano singing/playing music of yesteryear. Beautiful house preserved for more generations to enjoy. Amazing atmosphere and light hearted fun with hats to wear throughout your meal. Great photos opts. Something unique and different! Well done Baker House!!Special Features:
- Fun ExperienceRelaxed1Dined on 9/4/2014This is an unusual place - takes you back in time in a very enjoyable atmosphere. Enter with a carefree mind/attitude and the atmosphere will furthers enhance itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dining experienceGinaandShaunDined on 8/30/2014Our night was fantastic! We arrived at 7 and got our table. It was a very intimate and romantic corner table with a lot of privacy. We were there on Saturday night and they do a champagne toast before sunset for all of the guests out on the lawn (Memorial Day to Labor Day). It made it feel like we were at an event, not just dinner. Their are antique hats all over the restaurant that they encourage you to wear and we took some fun pictures. The food was also fantastic and I recommend the charcuterie plate. Definitely make a reservation well in advance. I have tried to have dinner there on past trips and not been able to get a table. You can go to the bar and have drinks and they offer some interesting cocktails.Special Features:
- nettieDined on 8/28/2014A great place for couples on a special occasion. The atmosphere was wonderful along with the great food. The fun hats added to the charm and the story telling for the toast was great fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great appetizers and cocktailsmozzarellamanDined on 8/24/2014the blood orange belini and bacon wrapped dates will bring us back againSpecial Features:
- Best six years!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We decided to venture to Lake Geneva for what has become a very memorable experience. Our dinner reservations were for 5:15 pm. We arrive about two hours early, but that didn't turn off the staff's charm and hospitality. To keep us busy until dinner, they pointed us towards town for the tent sales. Oh, I almost forgot, before dinner, we were invited back for cocktails at 4:30. Over the next 45 minutes in the bar, we treated ourselves to their fantastic beverage menu. Truly, these bartenders enjoy their craft. We tried 4 different drinks and each were superbly crafted. Then, it was time for dinner. The food was amazing. We got the filet mignon and the pork tenderloin. The staff was so friendly and helpful. Thank you for having us!Special Features:
- First time dinersgenevadi1Dined on 8/22/2014We went with friends - all of us have lived in Lake Geneva for 30 plus years but this was our first visit to Baker House. We love the ambiance, the energy of the staff, and the "before dinner" history delivered outdoors by the Butler. I can see why this would be a destination as a bed and breakfast. The food was ok, but will not be on our list of favorites that we frequent often, but we will recommend it. Just a slight criticism of our waiter - he needs some training in small things like bringing plates and utensils for dessert (we ordered the fondue), pens with the check so that we could sign, etc., and maybe eliminate "you guys" from his vocabulary.Special Features:
- entertaining spotrellotsDined on 8/21/2014Beautiful mansion with creative seating and atmosphere. There are vintage hats everywhere which is a lot of fun. Servers and hosts were friendly and courteous. The service however was extremely slow. Table wasn't cleared after eating for 20 minutes. Food was good.I'd recommend for those that have plenty of time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/20/2014Wonderful surprise - 1st visit (from Chicago). Great atmosphere dining in original rooms of mansion, Butler toast out on front steps "to the sunset", wide variety of hats to choose from to wear during dinner, very festive yet relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!Chester1Dined on 8/19/2014We went for our anniversary. Very romantic! The sunset toast and recognizing our anniversary in front of everyone made it even more special. Food/drinks/service/everything was outstanding. Would highly recommend it and would definitely return, not even just for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great experience on Lake GenevaNatbdayDined on 8/17/2014Very fun and delicious food choices with a view of Lake Geneva. One of our favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weird, funky, coolAce0Dined on 8/15/2014Such a great, weird place. The staff are dressed in 1890s costumes. The view is incredible. The bar is really gorgeous. The pianist made for a really gear atmosphere. Did I mention that guerra see encouraged to wear kooky old time that's from the restaurants collection?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Rare Find!RooshieVIPDined on 8/12/2014What a wonderful place to have a special dinner. You feel like you've stepped back in time! The atmosphere is awesome. I don't know which room I like best. They are all wonderful. The food was excellent! You must have the stuffed bacon wrapped dates. Wow! And the chocolate fondue for dessert is sooooo good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingmickieoDined on 8/10/2014my husband and friends loved the food the service and ambience took me back to the roaring twenties i would recommend the baker house to all my friendsSpecial Features:
- great placeChristyDined on 8/9/2014We had a great time at Baker house, they have a very tasty menu and service was great! We would go back for sure!Special Features:
- Awesome!PonchoJoeDined on 8/6/2014Everything was exceptional. The food, the service, the atmosphere, the prices too. It really was an enjoyable experience dining here, and I intend to come back many more times. They really made our special occasion (2yr anniversary) feel even more special. The waitress was extremely friendly and knowledgeable and even brought us a free mousse for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.