327 Wrigley Drive
Lake Geneva, WI 53147Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bakerhouse1885.com/
- Phone: 2622484700x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: every Sunday 9:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner Hours September thru May: Thursday, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Dinner Hours Memorial Day thru Labor Day: Tuesday-Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Chris Cunningham & Edward Gonzalez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We look to develop each event according to the needs of our clients so that the experience is amazing for all. Our Chef is versatile in most cooking styles with a preference for Contemporary American with a local flair but rest assured that each bite is delicious.
- Private Party Facilities: Each of our elegantly furnished Rooms (Dining, Library, Music, Game and Porch) is able to host various events as well as the recently renovated exterior garden terrace. Baker House in conjunction with the Bella Vista(Adjoining property) can also host events holding up to 250 people in their facility.
- Private Party Contact: Anna Theis 2622484700x
- Entertainment: Thursday nights feature Tom Stanfield on Piano, Trumpet & Vocals
Friday nights Carolyn Wehner on Piano & Jazz Vocals
Saturdays live piano with all the vintage classics
- Special Events: We host many special custom events through out the property - weddings, re-Unions, corporate outings & retreats, seminars, engagements and anniversaries.
- Cross Street: Baker Street
- Public Transit: Aside from our pier and walk-up, drivers are all welcome, especially ones with two wheels.
(Trailers, RVs, Bi-Planes and Monster Trucks are asked to park in the public city lot just behind the House).
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have our own private lot of 44 spaces of which we have dedicated 4 for our Hotel Guests and 1 for Handicap access.
A word from Baker House
Join us for casual, small plate dining & fireside cocktails in our decadently furnished 1885 mansion. In the spirit of the great lakefront "cottages" of yesteryear, the BAKER HOUSE has recreated a world of Gilded Age living where grand entertaining is experienced daily and lavish parties are thrown nightly. Sing along at the player piano in our music room, play poker in the game room, savor fine wine in our library and dine fireside in our parlor. Instead of traditional restaurant seating, guests are served in plush wing backed chairs and overstuffed fringed couches throughout the mansion. Our menu of small plates is conducive for lounging and sharing & features many regional items such as Wisconsin artisan cheese boards, savory charcuterie, seasonal fondues and heartier favorites like sirloin sliders and robust garden paninis. Situated on the East shore of Geneva Lake with panoramic views of the lake and Riviera. For an extra special evening, book a second floor mansion hotel suite!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Baker House - Best Restaurants in Lake Geneva ›
Baker House reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)romantic (76)scenic view (75)neighborhood gem (36)great for outdoor dining (35)fit for foodies (34)great for brunch (30)good for groups (29)great for lunch (12)notable wine list (9)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2014My wife and I found this restaurant on the lake Geneva website. Making a reservation was easy. The food and the atmosphere were amazing. The service was beyond expectation. The brunch buffet we had was a bit pricey, but worth it for the weekend vacation we were on. Overall I would recommend this to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time to be hadDrinkAllTheWineDined on 9/27/2014This is a favorite spot for me and my husband, and we love bringing new people to enjoy the casual yet eccentric and elegant experience. The food was wonderful, and nothing beats their cheese board. Always a pleasure to visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- step back in timetheaternightDined on 9/26/2014Birthday weekend, theme was a step back in time, this was a perfect place, beautiful, fun, the hats were so fun and the food was very good. would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLetyDined on 9/19/2014The Baker House was awesome!! We ran late so we called and they held our reservation. They even served us when it was close to closing time with no attitude!! Their wasn’t a huge food selection but the food that we had was out of this world! My husband had tears due to the filet Minion being so good! Totally recommend this place and it is not your every day setting.Special Features:
- Unique Dining ExperienceSashaDined on 9/18/2014We had dinner at the Baker House 9/18/2014. What a beautiful house especially lit up at night! Our table overlooked Lake Geneva and was romantic and quiet. Our waiter was a doll and the food was fantastic! Definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- Most beautiful atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/14/2014Felt like we took a step back in time. You can eat in any of the small rooms in the authentic Queen Ann home. One of the top brunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hats off to Baker HouseAvisVIPDined on 9/13/2014First, you should know they encourage you to don one of their countless hats while you eat there - it's so much fun! They're very accommodating and try to see that every guest enjoys themselves, even though, chances are, many of there are just vacationing in the area for a few days. We had a group of 10, and a reservation for 8pm. We arrived on time, but the large party seated earlier and expected to be gone by 8, showed no signs of budging, so they set up a banquet card table in an alcove of the house, not normally used for dining, and gave us our own private area. Seating was tight, and we had to pass down food & drink as it arrived, but we didn't mind. The food was surprisingly good, as were the cocktails. Definitely check it out!Special Features:
- Fun with HatsBeesaDined on 9/5/2014Great time with a college reunion group. Started off in the quaint bar and ended up in the living room, by the fireplace, being serenaded by a musician at the piano singing/playing music of yesteryear. Beautiful house preserved for more generations to enjoy. Amazing atmosphere and light hearted fun with hats to wear throughout your meal. Great photos opts. Something unique and different! Well done Baker House!!Special Features:
- Fun ExperienceRelaxed1Dined on 9/4/2014This is an unusual place - takes you back in time in a very enjoyable atmosphere. Enter with a carefree mind/attitude and the atmosphere will furthers enhance itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dining experienceGinaandShaunDined on 8/30/2014Our night was fantastic! We arrived at 7 and got our table. It was a very intimate and romantic corner table with a lot of privacy. We were there on Saturday night and they do a champagne toast before sunset for all of the guests out on the lawn (Memorial Day to Labor Day). It made it feel like we were at an event, not just dinner. Their are antique hats all over the restaurant that they encourage you to wear and we took some fun pictures. The food was also fantastic and I recommend the charcuterie plate. Definitely make a reservation well in advance. I have tried to have dinner there on past trips and not been able to get a table. You can go to the bar and have drinks and they offer some interesting cocktails.Special Features:
- nettieDined on 8/28/2014A great place for couples on a special occasion. The atmosphere was wonderful along with the great food. The fun hats added to the charm and the story telling for the toast was great fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great appetizers and cocktailsmozzarellamanDined on 8/24/2014the blood orange belini and bacon wrapped dates will bring us back againSpecial Features:
- Best six years!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We decided to venture to Lake Geneva for what has become a very memorable experience. Our dinner reservations were for 5:15 pm. We arrive about two hours early, but that didn't turn off the staff's charm and hospitality. To keep us busy until dinner, they pointed us towards town for the tent sales. Oh, I almost forgot, before dinner, we were invited back for cocktails at 4:30. Over the next 45 minutes in the bar, we treated ourselves to their fantastic beverage menu. Truly, these bartenders enjoy their craft. We tried 4 different drinks and each were superbly crafted. Then, it was time for dinner. The food was amazing. We got the filet mignon and the pork tenderloin. The staff was so friendly and helpful. Thank you for having us!Special Features:
- First time dinersgenevadi1Dined on 8/22/2014We went with friends - all of us have lived in Lake Geneva for 30 plus years but this was our first visit to Baker House. We love the ambiance, the energy of the staff, and the "before dinner" history delivered outdoors by the Butler. I can see why this would be a destination as a bed and breakfast. The food was ok, but will not be on our list of favorites that we frequent often, but we will recommend it. Just a slight criticism of our waiter - he needs some training in small things like bringing plates and utensils for dessert (we ordered the fondue), pens with the check so that we could sign, etc., and maybe eliminate "you guys" from his vocabulary.Special Features:
- entertaining spotrellotsDined on 8/21/2014Beautiful mansion with creative seating and atmosphere. There are vintage hats everywhere which is a lot of fun. Servers and hosts were friendly and courteous. The service however was extremely slow. Table wasn't cleared after eating for 20 minutes. Food was good.I'd recommend for those that have plenty of time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/20/2014Wonderful surprise - 1st visit (from Chicago). Great atmosphere dining in original rooms of mansion, Butler toast out on front steps "to the sunset", wide variety of hats to choose from to wear during dinner, very festive yet relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!Chester1Dined on 8/19/2014We went for our anniversary. Very romantic! The sunset toast and recognizing our anniversary in front of everyone made it even more special. Food/drinks/service/everything was outstanding. Would highly recommend it and would definitely return, not even just for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great experience on Lake GenevaNatbdayDined on 8/17/2014Very fun and delicious food choices with a view of Lake Geneva. One of our favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weird, funky, coolAce0Dined on 8/15/2014Such a great, weird place. The staff are dressed in 1890s costumes. The view is incredible. The bar is really gorgeous. The pianist made for a really gear atmosphere. Did I mention that guerra see encouraged to wear kooky old time that's from the restaurants collection?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Rare Find!RooshieDined on 8/12/2014What a wonderful place to have a special dinner. You feel like you've stepped back in time! The atmosphere is awesome. I don't know which room I like best. They are all wonderful. The food was excellent! You must have the stuffed bacon wrapped dates. Wow! And the chocolate fondue for dessert is sooooo good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingmickieoDined on 8/10/2014my husband and friends loved the food the service and ambience took me back to the roaring twenties i would recommend the baker house to all my friendsSpecial Features:
- great placeChristyDined on 8/9/2014We had a great time at Baker house, they have a very tasty menu and service was great! We would go back for sure!Special Features:
- Awesome!PonchoJoeDined on 8/6/2014Everything was exceptional. The food, the service, the atmosphere, the prices too. It really was an enjoyable experience dining here, and I intend to come back many more times. They really made our special occasion (2yr anniversary) feel even more special. The waitress was extremely friendly and knowledgeable and even brought us a free mousse for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have kept the evening clear!spizzDined on 8/5/2014Great place with unique ambiance. The energy of the serving staff was fantastic, and the setting couldn't have been more clever. We really enjoyed the sundown toast on the front lawn and the Butler is a talent. My only disappointment is that we had booked something after the dinner, so couldn't linger and enjoy more...Special Features:
- DiannaGDined on 8/3/2014Baker House restaurant on the shores of Lake Geneva, Wisconsin is an awesome dining experience. It is pricey but I felt it was well worth the money for Sunday Brunch. I would definitely visit again. One of my favorite stops on our visit! The food was incredible with a good variety of lunch and breakfast items ranging from Banana's Foster to Crab Cakes accompanied by Champagne and orange juice for Mimosa's. You can also choose from a variety of hats to dine in or wear your own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hats off to Baker House!CmdrjamsMateDined on 8/1/2014Took my daughter and fiancé to celebrate their engagement. Had a wonderful dinner. Food was delicious. Staff was friendly and attentive. The Baker House is a beautiful establishment...over-looking Lake Geneva.. a must see. Recommend anyone who visits Lake Geneva to make Baker House a definite stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointment!!EIREDined on 8/1/2014Baker House has been our favorite place to go in Lake Geneva for years. Couldn't wait to go there again. When we arrived I ordered my usual Long Island Iced Tea. The bartender personally came to our table to tell us the price for that drink was now $15. (not top shelf). When we got our menus we immediately looked for our all time favorites. The menu was completely changed. Our favorite "small plates" were no longer on the menu. We asked our waitress about the changes and she told us they were everyone's favorite but they took them off the menu a few months ago. We ended up leaving the restaurant and didn't not have dinner there. Guess we need a new favorite place at the Lake!
- happycamperVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great all round. My wife and I had a wonderful time. Food was excellent as was service. The sunset toast was a blast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic View, Historic BuildingNorridgeNaturalDined on 7/18/2014We arrived at this elegant, converted, century-old home with a gorgeous view of the lake and were taken to our table. Across the room a lady pianist was playing popular songs from the early-to-late 1900s. Our server, a friendly college-age young lady, was eager to answer our questions and recommend dining selections. After cocktails we shared a pulled pork chopped salad and a grilled Atlantic salmon, both of which were delicious, followed by creme brulee. Our server then told us of a complimentary champagne on the terrace, overlooking the lake and a setting sun, where a "Butler," in traditional dress, gave a brief history of the House and toasted those celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Overall, a great experience. We'll be back.Special Features:
- The best partmusicwithamealDined on 7/17/2014For my wife and myself, the best part was the entertainment provided by Tom Stanfield! He is so talented and provides such a terrific atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedThecheesewasenoughDined on 7/16/2014The Baker house was beautiful, but our service was not. Our server didn't know how to open a bottle of wine, and we never received our dinner items.... Honestly! We ordered and it never came! She totally forgot about it and never even wrote it down. So we enjoyed our bottle of wine, that I opened and the cheese plate. I understand things like this happen so it is what it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting Ambiance, Limited MenuBkenonVIPDined on 7/13/2014The dining areas are decorated like private Victorian-era dining rooms, and the staff are dressed in period costumes. They invite you to wear any of the hats on the walls while you eat. The menu is small and seasonal, and more appropriate for brunch or lunch than dinner. We found the prices to be realistic. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchHabersDined on 7/13/2014It has been some years since we ate here. The last time was on the enclosed patio and this time we came for Sunday brunch and ate in the library. The preparations both on the buffet and the omelet bar were tempting and delicious.Special Features:
- Just OKSusanDined on 7/9/2014We expected a great dining. The food was great but served all at once - fast food style (only with higher prices).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neat but priceyRainbroDined on 7/8/2014Neat place; now that I can say that I've been there I would probably not go back. I'm glad I went but the food was average; you're paying for the ambience and location. I would say once you check it off your list don't go back unless you're independently wealthy and want to be spoiled. nice staff.Special Features:
- Great old Mansioneagl3sVIPDined on 7/8/2014If you are looking for someplace that's special...this old mansion is the place. Several rooms set up in which to dine...large groups or couples. Overlooking Lake Geneva (WI) it's quite a pleasure to dine here.Special Features:
- Could have been amazing, But no.Astaire2Dined on 7/6/2014Amazing house! Picking a hat was great fun, but what was this place again? Oh yeah, It's a RESTAURANT! Staff seemed very young and not polished. Bussers too shy and clearing clumsily. Server was fake sweet. Champs élysées cocktail was horrible. Ordered the cheese board. It had 3 tiny pieces of bread on it. When we asked for a couple more pieces she said they were almost out and had to save the rest for the other orders. Whaaa? Ran out of barbecue chicken. When we asked how shrimp boil was prepared, server knew nothing and did not want to find out for us. Did not offer dessert, after we had been listening to the table behind us rave about the choc fondue. Just rushed us out. Aspects of experience were either outstanding or a train wreck!Special Features:
- Geneva Lake GemLindyDined on 7/5/2014Baker House has it all... Fantastic food, lovely ambience, friendly service! I loved the period furnishings and trying on the many hats throughout the restaurant was so much fun ! The sundowner's toast was so memorable and a surprise to us! Everyone at the restaurant congregated outside for a toast to the sunset and a little history of the Baker House. Also, special recognition was given to those people celebrating birthdays with a hearty singing of "Happy Birthday". The outside patio area was also lovely and festive and a perfect place for lunch or appetizers ! The price was quite reasonable for such lovely good and atmosphere! I look forward to dining there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not like it wasTprochnowDined on 7/4/2014I have been to the Baker house a few times over the years and have always been very impressed and sent many friends there. They have changed their menu and have been moving away from the small plate style. I am very sad to see this and very much enjoyed their old menu. I will not be returning unless they decide to change back. Service and good were great just not the Baker House I loved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- John BishopOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014The Baker House was amazing! My group and myself were in town on a trip to stay at the Grand Geneva and I found your establishment online. Read some of the reviews and decided that we had to try it. We were not disappointed at all! The food was awesome! I recommend the bacon wrapped dates to everyone! We opted for several of the small plate items and shared everything. A great way to spend an evening. The only complaint would be that we were seated in a room with a large table of people and once everyone started talking it was very hard to hear anyone. The noise level was a little excessive. Other than that a wonderful experience!Special Features: