Baked in Kansas City
706 Westport Road
Kansas City, MO 64111Neighborhood:
39th St / Westport / Midtown
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Baked in Kansas City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bakedinkansascity.com/
- Phone: 8165612253x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Tuesday - Thursday: 9:30am -4:00pm
Brunch: Saturday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Brunch: Friday: 9:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner:Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: Brunch: 8:00a - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, French
- Executive Chef: Liz Huffman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Contact Baked In Kansas City for custom birthday cakes, wedding cakes, retirement cakes, organic artisan breads, sweet and savory breakfast patisseries for business meetings or special events and carry out or delivery quiches.
A word from Baked in Kansas City
Baked In Kansas City is a locally-owned bakery, bistro and wine bar featuring French style patisseries & desserts baked daily and full service lunch, weekend brunch & dinner served Tuesdays through Sundays (closed Mondays).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Baked in Kansas City - Best Restaurants in 39th St / Westport / Midtown ›
Baked in Kansas City reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (34)fit for foodies (31)neighborhood gem (29)great for lunch (25)great for outdoor dining (24)special occasion (9)romantic (5)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- 3HOWDDined on 9/28/2014Great for sunday brunch the food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014It was a great experience. The food and cocktails were excellent. I would recommend this for anyone.Special Features:
- Date NightEjEatsDined on 9/2/2014This recent edition to the Westport neighborhoods is great. I've tried several of their fresh bakery case items-the raspberry chocolate mousse cake is delightful. For our dinner we tried the Mac and cheese-so creamy and delicious. The bkc steak salad had the most tender and properly cooked steak I have ever had in a salad. I've heard great things about their brunch and am looking forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mac & Cheese in KCHoffDined on 8/31/2014I've eaten at Baked 5 or 6 times since it opened. The food has been consistently very good, especially the Mac & Cheese, which I've ordered every time. I had the grilled cheese with a side of Mac & Cheese this time, and a mimosa. The drink was large and very tasty. I wanted another but had to drive after eating. The service on this visit was excellent, but other times has been lacking in professionalism. The employees are all very nice though and I really hope this place sticks around. Their bakery items are also very good! I wish the dining room wasn't so dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I thought it would be better...BruncheaterDined on 8/17/2014We made reservations through the app and there wasn't a wait. The. We sat at our table for about 10 min before we received menus. The food took forever but the Bloody Mary was good. Overall I wouldn't go back. For brunch it took entirely to long. We were there for about an hour and half and we were waiting for most of that.
- Good Food, Lacking in ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014Our server wasn't very attentive. Food was good, but I'm not sure that it was worth the price. I did leave feeling full, which is a plus.Special Features:
- Breakfast CroissantrmcconnellVIPDined on 8/9/2014I had the Steak & Egg Croissant, and it was absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- a little slow1stimeDined on 8/8/2014Went for dinner. Slow service by the waiter. Took drink and food order at the same time. Drinks came after received my salad. My boyfriend ordered a moscow mule which just tasted like vodka and nothing else. He enjoyed the salmon. I had mac and cheese with pork belly. Pork belly was tough.Special Features:
- Baked is great for baked goodsJoytoeatDined on 8/3/2014The pastries are delicious and perfection. Stick with them & you will not be disappointed. The brunch leaves a lot to desire. The poached eggs were not poached but hard, the hollandaise sauce was too thick and have been sitting too long. the sausage was an Italian sausage which didn't go well with biscuits and gravy. The noise level at Sunday brunch was too loud. Go during the week and enjoy the best pasteries in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little concept in WestportlgoldmanDined on 7/12/2014Located just a few blocks from the high energy bars and restaurants, in Westport, the ambience is lot quieter and the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedJen2Dined on 7/5/2014I thought we made a mistake by going for dinner but we could not have been more wrong. Hands down the best steak. Had the summer salad and the apple salad. They were dressed perfect. Everything was tasty but clean. We did gorge on the fries. Portions are perfect. One of our new go to places.Special Features:
- Good menu subpar servicejbrandonDined on 6/29/2014We showed up at 6:45pm at a restaurant with a closing time of 8pm and the service showed that our waitress was not interested in taking a table. The host was great and very informative however once we met our waitress the optimism for the restaurant dropped. She was not very educated on the menu couldn't offer any suggestions said she had worked there for six months but didn't even know if they had steak sauce. Was frequently absent for longer then usual periods of time.The food that we ended up deciding on was decent and was delivered fairly quickly from the kitchen. It was not amazing but was good enough. All in all the service is what made this a place I wouldn't want to try again though.
- Surprise!FoodieInKCVIPDined on 6/26/2014We went in for a simple dinner and left amazed! Dinner was great - way beyond what we had expected. Thanks Chef, we will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BakedRaquelVIPDined on 6/22/2014I've come for dinner and brunch - the brunch is very good and moderately priced. I was disappointed with the dinner selection and felt it was overpriced and wasn't outstanding. The service was very nice, but extremely slow in bringing out the food, getting our check and checking to see that everything was ok. I have experienced that the service is extremely slow regardless of what meal you are eating. I recommend Baked to get any pastries or breads, but I wouldn't recommend it for dining.
- Delicious and disorganizedoutandaboutDined on 6/21/2014The food was outstanding. We had the goat cheese tart that melts in your mouth. The tomato and zucchini salad was creative and delicious. The difficulty was the waiter's comment when the two glasses of wine and one whiskey sour were so delayed "the bartender got backed up." There were maybe ten people in the restaurant. To be fair they did "comp" us for the loaf of bread that we bought (it was also delicious). If they work on timing and marketing this place will do well. We would definitely come again and have told friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bread not foodSlovakianDined on 6/15/2014For the price of each entree, the quality of food and ambiance did not meet expectations. I will be back to buy bread, but not to eat.
- Baked ReviewLandsbergsVIPDined on 6/15/2014I took my husband here for Father's Day and he really enoyed it! We loved the dining experience!!!Special Features:
- nevereatathomeVIPDined on 6/14/2014Fantastic food and reasonably priced. The service is questionable.Special Features:
- sosopaulinaVIPDined on 6/13/2014Its a new joint, so I like to give them a couple shots. Lunch went well outdoors. Food was great, service great. Dinner with my hubby not so good. Steak was inedible. sliced wrong way. They realized upon our complaint the error and make a new one. a free dessert was offered although I though since my husband sat there the entire time my meal was eaten, picking at mine; that his entree clearly should have been free. Service was o.k. not great. I will give them one more try before I give up to see if they have worked out the glitches.Special Features:
- Out2eatOut2eatVIPDined on 6/11/2014Great bread, but food very blah. Grits needed salt. Salmon had a very oily taste. Mac & cheese too runny. Salad with gorganzola and pear salad missing the gorganzola!Special Features:
- Under dressed and Under seasonedGrantDined on 6/11/2014My salad was underdressed and did not have much seasoning. The Steak in the salad did not taste like it was freshly grilled. The service was very good and wine selection was great.
- UnderwhelmedCapricorn19Dined on 6/8/2014After a good initial experience, we decided to brunch here again this week: mistake number 1. The lack of organization was clear as soon as we walked in: the menus were missing, no one knew who had what section, and the hostess was MIA. We were told to seat ourselves. Our server was the only bright spot in the meal. They were out of the two things my partner ordered, so she had an omelette which was not properly cooked as she was quite ill for the rest of the day. I had breakfast potatoes which unpleasantly now have odd bits of onion in them, rubbery and cold bacon, and the what was possibly the worst biscuit of my life. There was a child working at the bakery counter, so we passed on sweets for later. Disappointed overall.
- I waited for rock hard potatoes????FoodieDined on 6/8/2014a 35 minute ticket time and way over cooked breakfast potatoes that resemble a terrible salad crouton. I even asked for a new order of potatoes since mine were rock hard. The second batch came out exactly the same. Only the large pieces were edible. I wont be in a hurry to return back to this place. Much better brunch options in the Westport area.
- yummyapeywapeyDined on 6/7/2014sat on the outdoor patio on a wonderful Saturday night. Ordered a cheese tray only complaint there is it would have been nice to been told what the different varieties were. I ordered the duck it was delicious. My husband ordered the lamb chops and said they were the best he's ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 38 reviews are from the Baked in Kansas City reviews archive.
- Yummy bread and More!Capricorn19Dined on 6/1/2014A couple of friends and I decided to try Baked for brunch as we had tried it for dinner. With the exception of the hostess and the pace of getting seated, we were pleased with the service. The food was mostly hot and well prepared, and there was plenty of it. I ordered the BKC breakfast - eggs, toast, jam, bison sausage ( skip it), and potatoes ( yum!) We will be back for brunch again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terribly disappointingParadokeinVIPDined on 6/1/2014Didn't see a server for at least 10-15 minutes. The food quality was mediocre. The "English muffins" were more like burnt, smashed round pieces of white bread.
- Baked - Great Food, Takes TimenibblinginkcDined on 6/1/2014We enjoyed dining at Baked on Sunday morning. The food was terrific! We especially liked that the roll and croissant - both had a wonderful texture. The croissant wasn't your typical flakey, make a mess, but you love it anyway croissant. It was more like some soft egg bread creation - lovely! The omlette was delicious with a creamy taste. All the fillings on the turkey sandwich were yummy. The bread seemed a bit dry or maybe it was just very dense. We followed this feast with a couple of dessert treats - the macaroon and the vanilla cake. Let's just say the macaroon is so filling, the cake was taken home! The service was very polite, but very slow. In a way it didn't matter, we had lots of time to chat...but it was slow.Special Features:
- NanaVIPDined on 5/25/2014I have heard this is a good place for breakfast or lunch. We had dinner and I would not recommend it for that. Maybe it should just remain a bakery. Baked goods are delish!
- Horrible HashTroyboyDined on 5/25/2014I NEVER leave food. Exception: your " prime rib hash". My take: boiled shredded beef, with a bed of ......grits? and an over-done poached egg. Bland, no creativity, boring, and bland.......this came highly recommended by our server. Attempted solution: bring me hot sauce! Did it work? It made it taste like tobasco, which was better than hospital food for a heartattack patient. Please rethink your recipe. I've had hash of some sort all over the city. Yours was NOT hash. It seemed like the start of hash, but then it was brought out before finished. And, the meat was chewy. Take the name prime rib off. It's very deceiving. Add some peppers, onion, mushrooms, something. Oh, and no, nothing was comped, nor did anyone come out to apologize. 😤Special Features:
- a GemschradeDined on 5/24/2014great food and serivce. The salmon is excellnt. I am looking forward to going back many times and trying lunch and brunch. Bakery items are wonderful. They have a beet bread that is fantastic. The neighborhood lost power while I was there and they were so professional and accomodating to all of us in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice AmbienceKitsbdayDined on 5/14/2014We had a table of seven for a birthday dinner. None of us had ever been there before and we would all go back. There were several things on the menu we want to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2014We visited Baked as part of our Dinner Club and had had a reservation for our large group for several weeks. However, before we were even able to order appetizers or drinks, we were told that they were out of many things, including drinks and food. We then got halfway through our dinner order and were told that they were out of more food, so half the table got something that the other half wasn't able to order. When our food came most of it was good, but the chicken that came in the chicken basil pizza - which many of our party ordered - was pink. They did comp one meal, but the chicken was undercooked in every dish. The cookies they gave us at the end were delicious, though, so maybe this place is just better for pastries or breakfast.
- Mother's Day dinnerKristenDined on 5/11/2014Brought my parents and husband here for Mother's Day dinner. It's become one of my favorite spots and I wanted to share! Mom had the salmon, Dad had the steak, husband had the mac and cheese, and I had the pear & gorgonzola salad. We all left happy.Special Features:
- Good food, good timeKCdineDined on 5/11/2014Went for Sunday morning brunch. Great food, creative menu options and everyone enjoyed their meals. Even busy on Mother's Day it didn't feel crowded - we had great service and enjoyed the meal.Special Features:
- LoganVIPDined on 5/11/2014Best service I have experienced in a long time!! Will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your typical Westport eatery.LDR9608VIPDined on 5/10/2014When you think of Westport eateries you think pizza, food truck, eclectic. Baked is a nice departure from typical Westport fare. Bakery by day, quaint dinner spot by night. Mac & Cheese is a must. Full bar, local beers, great "Westport" Mule made with Tito's Vodka. Make a reservation!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2014Great food, service was a little slow but still great! I will be going back again & would recommend trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I hope they do better next timeSixChairsChefVIPDined on 4/27/2014I recently had the opportunity to try this new restaurant which has been on my list for a long time. I made reservations and was seated right away. I then had to wait over 5 minutes for a server to bring me water or even notice I was there. While I waited, I observed the manager going to EVERY table apologizing; that should have been my first clue. I ordered the veggie Benedict; what a disappointment. The eggs were over cooked so instead of getting the goodness of a runny egg to soften the very dry bread, water came out of the egg when I cut into it and and the yolk was hard. I ordered grits for my side item which clearly had been sitting in a pan for a long time as they were thick as glue. Hopefully they do lunch better than breakfast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFrazmVIPDined on 4/26/2014Our dinner began well with a nice pear and gorganzola salad accompanied by warm and tasty housemade bread. But we should have regarded our server's repeated apologies for slow service as omens. "Steak frites with wikted spinach" had an undercooked coulotte steak with some odd flavors dripping grease on raw greens, obviously rushed through the kitchen before it was ready. My wife's bowl of mushroom soup was a cold, tasteless puree with little texture from visible pieces of vegetable. And the sauvigmon blanc she ordered morphed into a pinot grigio when it was served. The manager never got to our table since she had to spend so much time addressing the complaints of other diners. Good bread, though--we'll try their retail bakery again.
- We wanted to like this placeDandRVIPDined on 4/26/2014My food was not seasoned. Soup was not hot when it was delivered. My husband's flatbread was overcooked and too salty. No silverware. No bread brought to the table. The place was loud and the two top tables are too close together. Our plates were never cleared which is a problem at such small tables. We did speak to a manager and it sounds like they want to improve things. If we ever go back it won't be for a couple of months. Food from the bakery was good but I would skip the restaurant.