Baked in Kansas City
706 Westport Road
Kansas City, MO 64111Neighborhood:
39th St / Westport / Midtown
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Baked in Kansas City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bakedinkansascity.com/
- Phone: (816) 561-2253
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Tuesday - Thursday: 9:30am -4:00pm
Brunch: Saturday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Brunch: Friday: 9:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner:Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: Brunch: 8:00a - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, French
- Executive Chef: Liz Huffman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Contact Baked In Kansas City for custom birthday cakes, wedding cakes, retirement cakes, organic artisan breads, sweet and savory breakfast patisseries for business meetings or special events and carry out or delivery quiches.
A word from Baked in Kansas City
Baked In Kansas City is a locally-owned bakery, bistro and wine bar featuring French style patisseries & desserts baked daily and full service lunch, weekend brunch & dinner served Tuesdays through Sundays (closed Mondays).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Baked in Kansas City - Best Restaurants in 39th St / Westport / Midtown ›
Baked in Kansas City reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (27)neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (21)great for lunch (18)great for outdoor dining (16)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (4)special occasion (3)romantic (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/16/2014Enjoyed our first visit to Baked for brunch on Sunday. Service was very nice and friendly. Coffee was good. Food good, though some of my guests didn't like the grits or the side of sausage. I was happy with what I got. Will try this spot again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disapppinted!DavePVIPDined on 11/6/2014I arrived expecting a totally different experience based on the menu I read via Open Table when I made the reservation. To the staff's credit they were very friendly and professional but the overall experience was a great disappointment. Apparently the entire menu was changed and all if the choices that originally caught my eye which would have made it very difficult to choose were no longer being served. I did my best to adapt and find something equally appealing as well as health conscious. I finally found something I liked and of course they were out! I was not impressed at all and won't be back, I strongly recommend the restaurant update their info with Open Table and avoid disappointing anyone else.
- First time but may not be the lastAdlibDined on 11/2/2014The food was good, and coffee was great but we were kind of surprised and disappointed that brunch at a bakery didn't serve any baked items with the meal. Be prepared to have your conversation shared with neighboring tables.Special Features:
- BEST SANDWICH EVERschradeVIPDined on 10/25/2014I am absolutely hooked on the salmon BLT. It is so good. Just a great neighborhood place, where the food is always excellent and the baked goods tempt you to take them homeSpecial Features:
- Delicious food, outstanding servicermcconnellVIPDined on 10/25/2014I have been in several times for breakfast, on a weekend morning, and the food and service are great. I highly recommend the Steak & Egg Croissant or Morning Burger, with Garlic Grits as your side.Special Features:
- Delicious food!Yumfun3Dined on 10/16/2014Delicious food, inviting atmosphere and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodmariaDined on 10/15/201412 of us enjoyed brunch at Baked in Kansas City. All of us found the food to be amazingly delicious. I will definitely be going back to try all of the menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3HOWDDined on 9/28/2014Great for sunday brunch the food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014It was a great experience. The food and cocktails were excellent. I would recommend this for anyone.Special Features:
- Date NightEjEatsDined on 9/2/2014This recent edition to the Westport neighborhoods is great. I've tried several of their fresh bakery case items-the raspberry chocolate mousse cake is delightful. For our dinner we tried the Mac and cheese-so creamy and delicious. The bkc steak salad had the most tender and properly cooked steak I have ever had in a salad. I've heard great things about their brunch and am looking forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mac & Cheese in KCHoffDined on 8/31/2014I've eaten at Baked 5 or 6 times since it opened. The food has been consistently very good, especially the Mac & Cheese, which I've ordered every time. I had the grilled cheese with a side of Mac & Cheese this time, and a mimosa. The drink was large and very tasty. I wanted another but had to drive after eating. The service on this visit was excellent, but other times has been lacking in professionalism. The employees are all very nice though and I really hope this place sticks around. Their bakery items are also very good! I wish the dining room wasn't so dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I thought it would be better...BruncheaterDined on 8/17/2014We made reservations through the app and there wasn't a wait. The. We sat at our table for about 10 min before we received menus. The food took forever but the Bloody Mary was good. Overall I wouldn't go back. For brunch it took entirely to long. We were there for about an hour and half and we were waiting for most of that.
- Good Food, Lacking in ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014Our server wasn't very attentive. Food was good, but I'm not sure that it was worth the price. I did leave feeling full, which is a plus.Special Features:
- Breakfast CroissantrmcconnellVIPDined on 8/9/2014I had the Steak & Egg Croissant, and it was absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- a little slow1stimeDined on 8/8/2014Went for dinner. Slow service by the waiter. Took drink and food order at the same time. Drinks came after received my salad. My boyfriend ordered a moscow mule which just tasted like vodka and nothing else. He enjoyed the salmon. I had mac and cheese with pork belly. Pork belly was tough.Special Features:
- Baked is great for baked goodsJoytoeatDined on 8/3/2014The pastries are delicious and perfection. Stick with them & you will not be disappointed. The brunch leaves a lot to desire. The poached eggs were not poached but hard, the hollandaise sauce was too thick and have been sitting too long. the sausage was an Italian sausage which didn't go well with biscuits and gravy. The noise level at Sunday brunch was too loud. Go during the week and enjoy the best pasteries in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 53 reviews are from the Baked in Kansas City reviews archive.
- Great little concept in WestportlgoldmanDined on 7/12/2014Located just a few blocks from the high energy bars and restaurants, in Westport, the ambience is lot quieter and the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedJen2Dined on 7/5/2014I thought we made a mistake by going for dinner but we could not have been more wrong. Hands down the best steak. Had the summer salad and the apple salad. They were dressed perfect. Everything was tasty but clean. We did gorge on the fries. Portions are perfect. One of our new go to places.Special Features:
- Good menu subpar servicejbrandonDined on 6/29/2014We showed up at 6:45pm at a restaurant with a closing time of 8pm and the service showed that our waitress was not interested in taking a table. The host was great and very informative however once we met our waitress the optimism for the restaurant dropped. She was not very educated on the menu couldn't offer any suggestions said she had worked there for six months but didn't even know if they had steak sauce. Was frequently absent for longer then usual periods of time.The food that we ended up deciding on was decent and was delivered fairly quickly from the kitchen. It was not amazing but was good enough. All in all the service is what made this a place I wouldn't want to try again though.
- Surprise!FoodieInKCVIPDined on 6/26/2014We went in for a simple dinner and left amazed! Dinner was great - way beyond what we had expected. Thanks Chef, we will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BakedRaquelVIPDined on 6/22/2014I've come for dinner and brunch - the brunch is very good and moderately priced. I was disappointed with the dinner selection and felt it was overpriced and wasn't outstanding. The service was very nice, but extremely slow in bringing out the food, getting our check and checking to see that everything was ok. I have experienced that the service is extremely slow regardless of what meal you are eating. I recommend Baked to get any pastries or breads, but I wouldn't recommend it for dining.
- Delicious and disorganizedoutandaboutDined on 6/21/2014The food was outstanding. We had the goat cheese tart that melts in your mouth. The tomato and zucchini salad was creative and delicious. The difficulty was the waiter's comment when the two glasses of wine and one whiskey sour were so delayed "the bartender got backed up." There were maybe ten people in the restaurant. To be fair they did "comp" us for the loaf of bread that we bought (it was also delicious). If they work on timing and marketing this place will do well. We would definitely come again and have told friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bread not foodSlovakianDined on 6/15/2014For the price of each entree, the quality of food and ambiance did not meet expectations. I will be back to buy bread, but not to eat.
- Baked ReviewLandsbergsVIPDined on 6/15/2014I took my husband here for Father's Day and he really enoyed it! We loved the dining experience!!!Special Features:
- nevereatathomeVIPDined on 6/14/2014Fantastic food and reasonably priced. The service is questionable.Special Features:
- sosopaulinaVIPDined on 6/13/2014Its a new joint, so I like to give them a couple shots. Lunch went well outdoors. Food was great, service great. Dinner with my hubby not so good. Steak was inedible. sliced wrong way. They realized upon our complaint the error and make a new one. a free dessert was offered although I though since my husband sat there the entire time my meal was eaten, picking at mine; that his entree clearly should have been free. Service was o.k. not great. I will give them one more try before I give up to see if they have worked out the glitches.Special Features:
- Out2eatOut2eatVIPDined on 6/11/2014Great bread, but food very blah. Grits needed salt. Salmon had a very oily taste. Mac & cheese too runny. Salad with gorganzola and pear salad missing the gorganzola!Special Features:
- Under dressed and Under seasonedGrantDined on 6/11/2014My salad was underdressed and did not have much seasoning. The Steak in the salad did not taste like it was freshly grilled. The service was very good and wine selection was great.
- UnderwhelmedCapricorn19Dined on 6/8/2014After a good initial experience, we decided to brunch here again this week: mistake number 1. The lack of organization was clear as soon as we walked in: the menus were missing, no one knew who had what section, and the hostess was MIA. We were told to seat ourselves. Our server was the only bright spot in the meal. They were out of the two things my partner ordered, so she had an omelette which was not properly cooked as she was quite ill for the rest of the day. I had breakfast potatoes which unpleasantly now have odd bits of onion in them, rubbery and cold bacon, and the what was possibly the worst biscuit of my life. There was a child working at the bakery counter, so we passed on sweets for later. Disappointed overall.
- I waited for rock hard potatoes????FoodieDined on 6/8/2014a 35 minute ticket time and way over cooked breakfast potatoes that resemble a terrible salad crouton. I even asked for a new order of potatoes since mine were rock hard. The second batch came out exactly the same. Only the large pieces were edible. I wont be in a hurry to return back to this place. Much better brunch options in the Westport area.
- yummyapeywapeyDined on 6/7/2014sat on the outdoor patio on a wonderful Saturday night. Ordered a cheese tray only complaint there is it would have been nice to been told what the different varieties were. I ordered the duck it was delicious. My husband ordered the lamb chops and said they were the best he's ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy bread and More!Capricorn19Dined on 6/1/2014A couple of friends and I decided to try Baked for brunch as we had tried it for dinner. With the exception of the hostess and the pace of getting seated, we were pleased with the service. The food was mostly hot and well prepared, and there was plenty of it. I ordered the BKC breakfast - eggs, toast, jam, bison sausage ( skip it), and potatoes ( yum!) We will be back for brunch again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terribly disappointingParadokeinVIPDined on 6/1/2014Didn't see a server for at least 10-15 minutes. The food quality was mediocre. The "English muffins" were more like burnt, smashed round pieces of white bread.
- Baked - Great Food, Takes TimenibblinginkcDined on 6/1/2014We enjoyed dining at Baked on Sunday morning. The food was terrific! We especially liked that the roll and croissant - both had a wonderful texture. The croissant wasn't your typical flakey, make a mess, but you love it anyway croissant. It was more like some soft egg bread creation - lovely! The omlette was delicious with a creamy taste. All the fillings on the turkey sandwich were yummy. The bread seemed a bit dry or maybe it was just very dense. We followed this feast with a couple of dessert treats - the macaroon and the vanilla cake. Let's just say the macaroon is so filling, the cake was taken home! The service was very polite, but very slow. In a way it didn't matter, we had lots of time to chat...but it was slow.Special Features:
- NanaVIPDined on 5/25/2014I have heard this is a good place for breakfast or lunch. We had dinner and I would not recommend it for that. Maybe it should just remain a bakery. Baked goods are delish!
- Horrible HashTroyboyDined on 5/25/2014I NEVER leave food. Exception: your " prime rib hash". My take: boiled shredded beef, with a bed of ......grits? and an over-done poached egg. Bland, no creativity, boring, and bland.......this came highly recommended by our server. Attempted solution: bring me hot sauce! Did it work? It made it taste like tobasco, which was better than hospital food for a heartattack patient. Please rethink your recipe. I've had hash of some sort all over the city. Yours was NOT hash. It seemed like the start of hash, but then it was brought out before finished. And, the meat was chewy. Take the name prime rib off. It's very deceiving. Add some peppers, onion, mushrooms, something. Oh, and no, nothing was comped, nor did anyone come out to apologize. 😤Special Features:
- a GemschradeVIPDined on 5/24/2014great food and serivce. The salmon is excellnt. I am looking forward to going back many times and trying lunch and brunch. Bakery items are wonderful. They have a beet bread that is fantastic. The neighborhood lost power while I was there and they were so professional and accomodating to all of us in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice AmbienceKitsbdayDined on 5/14/2014We had a table of seven for a birthday dinner. None of us had ever been there before and we would all go back. There were several things on the menu we want to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2014We visited Baked as part of our Dinner Club and had had a reservation for our large group for several weeks. However, before we were even able to order appetizers or drinks, we were told that they were out of many things, including drinks and food. We then got halfway through our dinner order and were told that they were out of more food, so half the table got something that the other half wasn't able to order. When our food came most of it was good, but the chicken that came in the chicken basil pizza - which many of our party ordered - was pink. They did comp one meal, but the chicken was undercooked in every dish. The cookies they gave us at the end were delicious, though, so maybe this place is just better for pastries or breakfast.
- Mother's Day dinnerKristenDined on 5/11/2014Brought my parents and husband here for Mother's Day dinner. It's become one of my favorite spots and I wanted to share! Mom had the salmon, Dad had the steak, husband had the mac and cheese, and I had the pear & gorgonzola salad. We all left happy.Special Features: