Bailey's Prime Plus - Park Lane
8160 Park Lane
Dallas, TX 75231Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Bailey's Prime Plus - Park Lane
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.baileysprimeplus.com/
- Phone: 2147508100
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday 11am-10pm Friday 11am-1am Saturday 4pm-1am Closed Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, African
- Executive Chef: Grant Morgan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: 4 private rooms available to seat between 10 and 80 guests, all with audio visual. Pre-set menus available. Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Shawn Haney 2147508100
- Entertainment: Live entertainment in the bar area from 8:30pm - 12:30 pm Fridays and Saturdays
A word from Bailey's Prime Plus - Park Lane
Located in the exciting new Park Lane development at Central Expressway & Park Lane in central Dallas, Bailey’s Prime Plus offers exceptional steakhouse cuisine including prime steaks from Allen Brothers Meats, sustainable seafood dishes and a wine cellar featuring over six hundred titles from all the world’s finest wine regions. Stunning décor in a palette of ivory, gold and black, Bailey’s/Park Lane features 25-foot tall trees in a flowing water feature, intricately patterned marble flooring, a fine art collection and two private dining rooms with seating for up to ninety guests. Our professional staff insures an outstanding dining experience. Don’t miss our amazing Bar/Lounge in enticing colors of red and black featuring live entertainment, a special bar menu and an array of specialty signature cocktails. Bailey’s Prime Plus…not your typical steakhouse. Serving lunch and dinner seven days a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bailey's Prime Plus - Park Lane reviews from OpenTable diners
- Disappointing experiencePoorexperienceVIPDined on 12/31/2012Went for New Years. Overpriced buffet that was fair at best. Restaurant was almost empty but server was non existent. Very Disappointing
- The Buffet for New Year'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012The Buffet for New Year's eve was a lousy idea. Not up to Bailey's standards.
- Food Needs ImprovementOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/29/2012The quality of the food has slipped and is not up to earlier high standards. The creamy corn should be removed from the menu. It was almost not eatable.
- Sinking ShipOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012Went on a Saturday night. We walked in at 7PM and there was one guy sitting at the bar and nobody at any tables. Completely empty. No hostess either. I was there from 7-9 and maybe saw 5-8 other people come in. The food was good but service was extremely slow. I highly suggest that you spend your money elsewhere. You would have gotten better food, service, and atmosphere at Texas Land and Cattle for 1/4th the price. I will be very surprised if they are still in business in 3 months.Special Features:
- While the main dining is quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012While the main dining is quite lovely, the room was practically empty at 8pm on a Sat night, which should have been the first clue. A strong fish odor was noticed by everyone in our party as we were seated. We waited at least 10 min before being greated by the server, however he was polite & friendly. Drinks from the bar were slow to come initially and the service was quite slow. Fortunatly, we weren't in a hurry or I would have complained. The food wasn't terrible, but I've certainly had better steak in comperable restaurants.Special Features:
- excellent RICHARD S POLLAK PRESSPOLAKVIPDined on 12/15/2012excellent RICHARD S POLLAK PRESS CLUB OF NORTH TEXAS
- Fine food served by a knowledgablegootchDined on 12/14/2012Fine food served by a knowledgable waiter at a fair price.
- Dined at this restaurant manyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/8/2012Dined at this restaurant many times since it opened. This was a very unsatisfying experience. Our coctails and champagne were deilvered late and watery or flat by the time they arrived. Our service was slow and food delivery uncommonly late even to the point of food temperature being only moderately warm, as if it sat waiting for delivery for longer than appropriate. The restaurant was nearly empty at 7:30pm on a Saturday night. This experience was a true dissapointment.
- Excellent food and beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/5/2012Excellent food and beautiful restaurant. Always recommend to everyone and my first choice.Great experience.Special Features:
- Happy AnniversarypaevettDined on 11/30/2012Although the service started a bit slow, our waiter really picked it up with strong recommendations and even tasting of a cordial with our dessert. The Chateaubriand was excellent as was the side spinach. We had a terrific time.Special Features:
- All they need are customers!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2012We had a very nice dinner with good food and good service. The interior was really nice but sadly was almost completely dead on a Friday night. It made the place seem cavernous. We were not familiar with Bailey's prior to this experience and think maybe it's due to a lack of advertising.Special Features:
- Great evening at Bailey'sDallasDavidVIPDined on 11/3/2012Had a b-day celebration with friends and family Saturday night. Outstanding wine list - a bit pricey but very, very nice selections. The tomahawk ribeye was split with my teenage son and was one of the best steaks either of us had ever had. Beet salad was best appetizer by far. Only disappointsments were the side orders: steak fries were so so as was the presentation with the brussels sprouts. Service was pefect and flawless.Special Features:
- Unfortunately disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/3/2012Unfortunately, my experience at Bailey's Prime Plus has declined over the years. My wife and I have come here twice (once to the Fairview location that has since closed) and I had indicated it was our anniversary and we got no mention of it from the hostess or waiter. The menu has changed (not for the better) and several awesome appetizers are no longer on the menu such as the stuffed avocado, bacon-wrapped scallops and a great shrimp cocktail. The mashed potatoes that came with my filet was hardly a mouthful - it was extremely disappointing. I don't think we will ever go back - we would go for the food and not necessarily the atmosphere as it is always near empty (I wonder how they stay in business).
- In the past the Maitre'd (Ricky)madOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2012In the past the Maitre'd (Ricky)made us feel we were very special on the special occasion of our visit. Such was not the case on our most recent special occasion visit. The food was good. The service was somewhat indifferent. Catherine Walker
- A little disappointed withLuv2dineDined on 10/26/2012A little disappointed with Baileys. Food was good but not great. Same with service. Didn't find it on par with other nice steak houses.
- We were very pleased withVelveetaDined on 10/19/2012We were very pleased with are entire evening. It was our anniversary and there was no room for improvement because it was that great.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2012The food at Bailey's is consistently good. Usually the service is top notch, but not on this visit.Special Features:
- Food Ok; Did not prepare twoOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/13/2012Food Ok; Did not prepare two of the dishes according to listing on menue. Presentation of food was nothing special given the price. For example Eddie V's is worth the price. I felt like the Prime Plus was ready to go out of business.
- Great Food, Marginal AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/13/2012There was a private party or something going on right off the entryway to the restaurant, and there was a photographer who was taking flash photos IN the entryway. That was EXTREMELY distracting and annoying if you happened to be facing the entrance which I was. We asked our waiter to try to do something about it, but I don't know if he did. I spoke to the photographer on my way out the door, but he sounded apologetic, and not at all like anyone had spoken to him previoiusly. The food was very well prepared, and the service was great, but because of the periodic flashing, the ambiance was marginal.Special Features:
- I chose this Bailey's PrimeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012I chose this Bailey's Prime Plus to celebrate my best friend 50th birthday because I have dine there several times in the past. However, I would not recommend to future diners. They seem to have made some changes. Their menu was very limited. The food was just average (nothing special or to brag about). The bar was completed empty with the exception of the bartender. In the past they had a live band. Not recommended for special occasions. The light was so dim in the dinning area, I could barely read the menu.
- Saturday, September 29. 2012gselleVIPDined on 9/29/2012We have dined at Bailey's Prime on several occasions, though not recently. It was a disappointment. The service was slow and disconnected. Though the restaurant was about one-quarter filled, we waited too long for our drink order to be taken. We had to ask for bread twice and it was not the previous garlicky popover-type. Disappointing... I typically enjoy my leftovers next day - I chose not to take the remainder of my dinner because the quality and taste were not up to their previous standards.
- Romantic atmosphere, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2012My husband and I went there for our fifth anniversary and had an amazingly wonderful romantic time. The manager greeted us with two glasses of champagne on the house in honor of the event. Besides the champagne, Bailey's has some of the best cocktails in Dallas--I particularly enjoyed the seasonal blood orange martini with dry ice that bubbled up a storm! The Ahi entree was to die for. The foie gras appetizer was one of the best I'd ever had. We loved our waitress, and the ambiance was fabulous. We love the dim lighting and the trees in the restaurant. It reminds us of the Dragonfly at our favorite holiday destination in Florida. Bailey's is first class all the way. The food definitely rivals even The French Room. Six Stars.Special Features:
- The restaurant was dead oncocktailsaucefeeVIPDined on 9/22/2012The restaurant was dead on a Saturday night. We arrived at 7:45 p.m. There were only two people in the bar all night. There were only four or five tables with people at them. When we left at 9:45 p.m. there was only one other table of people in the restaurant and only two people in the bar. We go to Bailey's because the food in the past has always been excellent and so has the service. You can't keep good waiters though when they can't make money. The waiter we had was awful. He wrote down the order went back over it with us and it still came out wrong. The service was slow and we were embarassed to have taken another couple that had never been to the restaurant with us. When no one is in there, the food should be excellent and the service
- Bailey's delighted us. It'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/22/2012Bailey's delighted us. It's a beautiful restaurant. Wait staff was attentive but not hovering. Food was very good. They comped the one dish we didn't like; we appreciated that. We heard they are going out of business. What a shame! But, we could see why since there weren't many customers there for a Saturday night. Perhaps, it's because of the out-of-the-way location? Or, maybe the high prices (tho there are others just as high)?Special Features:
- Bad dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/22/2012We went to Baileys to celebrate my birthday and I have to say that everything from the menu, food and service was extremely disappointing. We celebrate all our special occasions at Baileys because we live in the same development...in the past, everything has been exceptional. I don't know what happened, but clearly someone dropped the ball. I think whats most disappointing is that I called and spoke with the manager to let him know that our dining experience was very poor and I never heard back from anyone. This leads me to believe that Baileys and their management don't care.
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/21/2012This was our first visit to BPP. It was tricky finding the locale, but it was worth the angst! Great staff, great steaks!Special Features:
- Birthday to remember...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2012Took someone special for dinner & it was fabulous. The good was incredible. Truly a terrific evening.Special Features:
- Fine dining, absurd wine listGeminiDinerDined on 9/1/2012Comfortable (many booths)and quiet, offering a standard menu carefully prepared. Service friendly but unobtrusive. Wine list, which the restaurant seems proud of, notable mostly as absurdly expensive. The food menu is high end but not ridiculous: serving sizes appropriate, preparation and pricing in line with fine dining. But wine list includes middling selections priced at 4-5 times grocery stores, higher end selections similarly overpriced, and in every category one or two wines in the multiple thousand dollar range that no one would responsibly order. A more sensibly priced and collected list aligned with the food menu would make the whole offering a fine dining option in a neighborhood otherwise lacking one.Special Features:
- Our waiter was a very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012Our waiter was a very nice young man. Don, I believe. However, he had so many tables to take care of, plus bar orders, that the dinner took forever. The event was my granddaughters 21st birthday. She and her friend ordered a drink with dry ice. The machine was broken. No one recieved a drink in under 15 minutes. The girls had plans so after awhile we all got pretty antsy. Longest waits I have ever had in a restaurant.The last time we were there, in May for our grandson's birthday, the wait was a little better, but still way too long. The restaurant was far from full. We only could see 5 full tables through our 2-3 hour dinner.Elizabeth Wahlquist
- The food was just okay forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2012The food was just okay for me. We were there for restaurant week and the portions were unbelievably small, I mean really small, I was extremely disappointed. Also, usually when you're doing restaurant week they will give you both the restaurant week menu and their regular menu. They did not.
- We love this place!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2012Excellent atmosphere, we had our Anniversary dinner and my wife's birthday party at this location. I recommend this place for all special occasions or even for a dinner out and some drinks!!!Special Features:
- As a party of four, we enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2012As a party of four, we enjoyed the facilities but there were very few patrons. Food and Service were good, except for the "wine waiters" attitude. For the price we would have expected a qualified Sommelier. Be careful when the bill is presented as they over charged us for the wine. There are to many restaurants in Dallas that treat their customers better. We won't go back. Now we know why there were very few customers.
- Seemed short-staffed. OneOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2012Seemed short-staffed. One of the two bartenders seemed to not really know what she was doing and she plus the other one (who did seem to be an experienced bartender)seemed overwhelmed handling the group in the bar. Then, our waiter would disappear for huge stretches of time, plus our food was lukewarm when it arrived at our table. (He was very nice though). They were also out of the wine we ordered. Oh, and the bar didn't have martini glasses, which also made me think they were short-staffed (no one to wash the dishes maybe). For the food, our appetizers were very good (mussels for me, the lobster/avocado thing for my husband). Dinner was very mediocre though (back to that lukewarm steak and sides). Neither of us ate much of our dinner.Special Features:
- AttitudeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012Our meal was excellent. Unfortunately, there was an air if haughtiness about our being there for the Restaurant Week menu. This has happened at other Restaurant Week restaurants in several of the past years. Wish the participating restaurants would be as welcoming as they are to their regular clientelle.
- So we went to Bailey's PrimeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012So we went to Bailey's Prime on Friday night for restaurant week and we sadly were not that impressed. The ambiance was great, but the service was lacking and the food was sub par. Our server was new she explained, so she wasn't that knowledgeable about the food options, but she was very nice. She also took a long time in between servings and I get that they want to spread out the courses, but it seemed a lot longer than it needed to be. Then there was the food. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't outstanding either. To pay those prices I would definitely make sure the food is worth it and my husband and I just didn't feel it was. We are not food experts, but we do dine out a lot at nice restaurants. Unfortunately, we will not be going back to BaiSpecial Features:
- Never againAintGigiDined on 8/17/2012The staff was nice, but the service was certainly lacking. We met another couple there so we waited for them in the bar. There were less than 10 people in the bar area. When we sat at the bar it was more than 5 minutes before the bartender even acknowledged us and another 10 minutes before we received our drinks. The restaurant was about 1/2 full and it still took over an hour to get our food. Our lobster parfait was served WITHOUT any lobster. The small loaves of bread were delicious but when we asked for more they brought us slices of crunchy toasted bread. When we finally got our food it was room temperature, but we were all so hungry we ate it anyway. We ended up apologizing to the couple we invited for the evening. Never again.
- Sadly, a lovely restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/17/2012Sadly, a lovely restaurant decor and ambiance and very good bordering on excellent food with perhaps the worst service for an establishment of this caliber I have ever experienced. A fix-prixe menu offered for Restaurant Week in Dallas should not require a full 3 hours to enjoy (yes, 7:30 to 10:30 pm) with absolutely no apology from management or staff. We had 6 people, hardly an unmanageable size, and thought ordering 3- $80+ bottles of wine and the extra cost special appetizer to supplement the modest cost of the meal ($35 pp) would garner appropriate attention. It did not. I might give this restaurant one more try because of the other positives, but there is no excuse for this kind of neglect.Special Features:
- Not their finest hour for customersWondererDined on 8/17/2012Having been to a different Bailey's with exceptional quality and service, we were disappointed by the Park Lane Bailey's. The waitperson was admittedly tired and was awkward in communication and service - perhaps new or shortstaffed? We ordered two steaks, one was prepared as ordered, but the quality was lacking. The other steak was excellent in quality, but overcooked. The sides were excellent. We declined to stay for dessert. As noted in our reservation, the reason for choosing Bailey's was to celebrate a special occasion but we did not "feel the love." We tried to overlook the overall service aspect until we were told that the party at the adjacent table getting outstanding service was the owner and friends.Special Features:
- Great Food and service fromOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2012Great Food and service from waiter, but food took a long taime to get. I think we waiting 2 hours for our steaks.Special Features:
- We went for Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2012We went for Restaurant Week and the food was good but the portion sizes were very small. This was the second steakhouse we dined at this week and the other restaurant's portion size was a little larger especially sides like potatoes. It was a least a full scope and not decor.