Bailey's American Cuisine
1400 S Dewey St, Ste 1
North Platte, NE 69101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bailey's American Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.baileysnp.com/
- Phone: 3082216160
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am -11:00am, Saturday: 7:00am -11:00am
Sunday Brunch & Lunch: 9:00am -5:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Travis Evans
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our very spacious banquet rooms on the 3rd floor offer a great view and ambiance for your next rehearsal dinner, business meeting, or social event.
- Private Party Contact: David Berry 3082216161
A word from Bailey's American Cuisine
Bailey's American Cuisine is North Platte's favorite place to dine. Our scratch kitchen uses the freshest ingredients and as much locally sourced proteins and produce as possible from right here in Nebraska. From fresh salads to gourmet sandwiches and fresh seafood to thick cuts of steak, our talented Chef's have the best selection for any occasion. Try our infused cocktails, Nebraska brews or our extensive wine list while entertaining your guest with the best ambiance around. Also try us out for catering or use our private rooms to host your next event. Bailey's American Cuisine is where North Platte come to Sip. Savor. Repeat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bailey's American Cuisine - Best Restaurants in North Platte ›
Bailey's American Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (9)special occasion (8)great for outdoor dining (5)good for groups (4)romantic (3)neighborhood gem (3)notable wine list (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)fit for foodies (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Unique AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014The location of this restaurant is very unique being on the 3rd floor of a bank building. The view is very nice and the restaurant has a very nice feel to it. The best part of my meal there was the rissoto. It was perfectly done, creamy, cheesy and delicious. My steak had good flavor and good tenderness, was prepared medium like I asked but was a little cold. Not cold enough to send it back or complain but it definitely had rested a bit too long. Wait staff was very friendly and did a great job with service. I will defintely go back next time I'm in North Platte.Special Features:
- Service at Bailey's is excellentJudiVIPDined on 8/29/2014I dined at Bailey's 2X during a business trip. Once with a colleague and once alone. While my dinner with my colleague was better, both in terms of company and the food, both experiences were enjoyable. I dined solo out on their balcony and even enjoyed the rain shower and remained totally dry. My trout was served with what they termed cheddar polenta, but I would have considered it grits. It was not formed as I'm used to but still had a nice flavor. Their bartender makes some yummy drinks and I thought my berry-infused Gin was delicious. Top shelf. Our server Adam was a delight and gave us great recommendations and was there when we needed him. Josh, the manager, was really on top of things and spent time listening. Love it!Special Features:
- ZimacDined on 8/16/2014When we arrived and were being seated a server was delivering food to a table. The man's sandwich bread was burned to a crispy black. The man mentioned it to the waitress and she asked how the other side of the sandwich looked. The man turned the bread over and it was black too. It was hard for me to believe a cook would let something like that out of the kitchen. Furthermore, I couldn't believe a server would serve that to a customer. The food I ordered came to the table, but we were told there was a problem with my friends and his would be there shortly. My food was good. Had a great flavor. My friend ordered steak with fries and was served seasoned fries on one plate and steak fries on another. The server got things messed upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodNewtoareaDined on 8/2/2014We went for our 20th Anniversary. Food was excellent & our waitress was a gem!! The view was wonderful & just a relaxing environment. Will absolutely be returning to Bailey's again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but...BostonianDined on 7/25/2014The food was absolutely great. The portions were huge. We had a starter that we shared, but already almost full after it. The size of the menu was o.k. The one thing that can be improved still is the service. Certain things were due to the lack of adequate training (filling sparkling wine glasses too full), some were more of personal nature of staff (forgetting to refill water glasses). But they were always friendly. One has to admit though that it probably is hard to find well trained personal for this type of restaurant in this area.Special Features:
- North PlatteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014We recently celebrated our 30th Anniversary at Baileys American Cuisine in North Platte, Nebraska. It was our first visit to this location and our experience could not have been more satisfying. Our meal was spectacular and very delicious and the service was over the top. We would recommend this dining establishment to anyone who enjoys fine dining. Without a doubt one of the top spots in the area. Our only disappointment was that it located 70 miles away.Special Features:
- dissapointedoutonadateDined on 7/18/2014They didn't have half of what was on the menu(was told that after I had ordered it). Prime rib arrived lukewarm, the risotto and smashed potatoes were good. We had been here before for breakfast and it was amazing. Super disappointed in what we spent for what we got.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Great food, great service. Perfect place to take the spouse on a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2014Food was good but by the time it arrived on the 3rd floor from the 1st floor kitchen, it was cold.
- Anniversary DinnerBigred1Dined on 6/26/2014We read mixed reviews before deciding to take our parents to dinner at Baileys for their anniversary. We wanted it to be special and heard the restaurant was new and the most "upscale" in North Platte. The service was good, the menu was good and the food was good, but served warm. We all enjoyed our meal, the portions were large - but in the end agreed that is wasn't hot - and felt like it had been sitting somewhere too long. If they can figure out how to get the food out while still hot it would be an improvement. Being a three story building with multiple floors of restaurant, the kitchen must not be on the third floor where we ate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place.CantWaitDined on 6/25/2014The food was great. The wait staff is very good. Problem, the wait for the food was very long. For supper be prepared for a long wait to get your food. I like my family but am not use to taking over 2 hours for supper.Special Features:
- The following 36 reviews are from the Bailey's American Cuisine reviews archive.
- Didn't eat, found restaurant closedDisappointedDined on 5/25/2014My in-laws were in town and the kids wanted to take grandma and grandpa to the new restaurant for their anniversary. We made an online reservation and after shortly after receiving the confirmation email we took off. We get there to find a CLOSED restaurant. No signs saying anything about it being closed. The door hours say it should be open. Made a quick call to see if there was a problem but the answering machine gave the same hours as on the door, nothing else. Kids were heartbroken about not getting to eat there. Very Very Disappointed about this day. We've eaten there a few times already and always have been happy with the food and service. Don't know when we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014The food was very good. The service was lacking though. Our waitress never once came back to check on us.Special Features:
- Service was exceptionalBkkvDined on 4/5/2014It's very challenging to find a nice restaurant with exceptional service in the area and thanks to Bailey's we now have one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luke-warm foodmacgeorgeDined on 4/5/2014we ate on the third level and I realize that the food has to be delivered to that level but none of the food was even warm. I am a coffee drinker and was not offered a refill, I am assuming it had to come from the main floor. the beer drinking person at a nearby table had two refills. For the price the meal was a great disappointment. I would rather have eaten at KFC buffet of Kings Mongolian buffet.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the halibut dinner.ranchgirlDined on 3/8/2014We enjoyed the halibut dinner. It was delicious! Perfectly prepared on a bed of quinoa, kale and sweet potato. It was a wonderful meal! I would also add that they have the best wine list in town. After our meal, we visited with one of the owners of the restaurant, who told us that they are using as many local ingredients as possible. I think that is great! Baileys will be a great asset to the North Platte community.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, GREAT service!GoodeatsDined on 3/6/2014Overall the food and atmosphere were good, but the service was outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencefoodiecoupleDined on 3/2/2014This restaurant is becoming a treasure. It's wonderful that people who love fine dining no longer have to drive to Lincoln or Denver. We visited with management and know this restaurant is new and are still working toward there goal to be the best. This was our third dining experience at Bailey's and it was obvious to us that they are heading in the right direction. We had the special, black and bleu filet, and we highly recommend it. We feel we got everything we paid for. Our server was Misty who was very knowledgable. We hope to see her again.Special Features:
- Great add to townOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2014Friends and I went in for drinks and apps. After hearing things around I was a bit skeptical. Have to say the food was great and drink list is unmatched in town. A lot of fresh flavors, service was very good and the lounge upstairs has an amazing view. We will be back soon, it's nice to have a culinary driven place in town finally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visitDaveDined on 2/15/2014Dinner for two at a quiet time of 5pm. Great service (Ray) very nice ambience, Salmon was excellent both on a salad (me) or as main entre (spouce). Flavors were excellent, food was very pleasant in presentatoin. Pita chips, celery and hummus was very nice. Excellent dinnerSpecial Features:
- We enjoy Bailey'snpnecoupleDined on 2/14/2014Very excited to have a place here that accepts reservations online. Food is great and they don't serve overly huge portions like some places. Not super for kids, and the ambience isn't amazing (but about as good as any other nicer place in NP)...views of the river and Sandhills to the south, along with hotel and restaurant signs that aren't quite so scenic. Our server this time seemed distracted and service slower than last time, and she also wasn't familiar with the drink menu to tell me what was in one of the drinks from downstairs...this was not what I'd have expected here...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerDrjayskiDined on 2/13/2014The steak was not quite done but came back perfect. The étouffée was good but the rice was a bit cold at the end of the meal. It could have come a bit hotterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is new, andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/4/2014This restaurant is new, and it is the most modern restaurant in North Platte. I've been here a few times. I checked "Scenic View," which is something I'm sure big city people would scoff at, but when you eat upstairs, there is a lovely view to south. (Especially on a snowy evening). As a local person, I'm thrilled to have this option in North Platte. The cuisine is more interesting than most, and it's one of the view places in town with good seafood. I recommend the salmon, the crab cakes, and the fried cod. The mac and cheese is also unique and fabulous. I did not care for the hummus; although I generally love hummus, I found their hummus to be bland and flavorless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/23/2014This was a great experience. This was a great addition to North Platte.Special Features:
- not to impressedbrandiandnickDined on 1/11/2014We went for calamari and they had it as an appetizer only and it was not good. we both ate it but there are way better places in town for it. The servers all were lost.
- Great menu, food was superb!!buffaloDined on 1/10/2014Great menu, food was superb!! Great atmosphere w/ friendly and attentive staff. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesometyrosaneDined on 1/7/2014Came here for me and my girlfriends one year anniversary. Made reservations well in advance, table was ready to go when we got there 15 minutes early. Our waiter, Ray, was kind and knowledgeable and the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2013Thank you Baileys for coming to North Platte. We have been lacking that slightly upper scale dining experience. Salmon risotto was cooked perfectly, the server was very attentive, and I'm picky about wine so the manager gave me a recommendation and it was perfect. We will definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Eats!!Connifer58Dined on 12/28/2013This was our first visit! The service was excellent. Our server was friendly, efficient, and very helpful. The food was wonderful! Atmosphere was nice but the grill exhaust didn't seem to keep up with the amount of smoke being made. It got to be pretty smokey by the time we left! Otherwise great experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timernewbyDined on 12/23/2013I assumed we would have reservations for the top floor, but found out due to a private party, everyone was being seated downstairs. They were having difficulty keeping up, as it took over an hour to get our salads. The steaks were good according to the people that ordered them. My chicken was disappointing; it was not moist at all, and not very appealing. I would not order it again. Since this restaurant just opened, it seemed they are still getting the kinks out. I would try it again after the holidays.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Drinks a work in progress.SethGeoDined on 12/21/2013I know it is in a small town and help is hard to come by, but the wait staff were completely lost. All of this is forgivable if the food and drinks are good. Unfortunately the bar staff were unable to make the drinks requested. When the food came the dressing had no flavor and was littered with teeth breaking croutons. The food staff proved to be in over their heads when it came the main dish as well. The duck tasted was nothing but a mouthful of salt. My wife's meal did end up turning out better. The Mac & Cheese was bland and flavorless but the pork and apple/bacon jam were very well done. Unfortunately I have to give this visit a poor rating overall. I will try the restaurant another time, as this possibly was a one off night though.
- Was there last Saturday (DecemberJerryDined on 12/21/2013Was there last Saturday (December 21). Terribly slow - 50 minutes from order to dinner at the table. Take the salt shaker away from th cooks. Roasted hald chicken was too salty. Wife's salmon was overspiced. Hostess said they were busy that night; but really about 3/4 full. Would NOT reccomend.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the evening..OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/20/2013We've arrived several minutes early and we're seated on time. They have a respectable wine list and the appetizers were excellent (stuffed dates and Calamari). The sauces for the Calamari were unfortunately one-dimensional didn't do it justice. We tried four different entrées; the salmon, pot roast, duck, and jambalaya. All were presented well and I could easily recommend any of the four. We tried both the desserts, The crème brûlée was very good although it lacked any caramelization. As to the overall service, our server checked on us several times but forgot to offer desert at the end of the meal and our wine glasses were served with about two thirds of what is normal. We will be back and recommend it to our friends..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our food wasn't hot. Had toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/19/2013Our food wasn't hot. Had to send one entree back to be warmed up and the other was just luke warm with barely warm french fries. The bottle of beer wasn't cold; white label instead of blue. I thought the glass of wine was a little skimpy for the North Platte area but it was date night so it was ok. Our server was very accommodating and the service all around was very good. The salad was excellent and the crab bisque was some of the best I've ever eaten. We thought we were going to sit upstairs where there would be more ambience and the lighting was a little too bright on the main floor but there was a private party so it was unavailable. Next time we'll be sure we can be upstairs. Lots of potential and definitely needed in NP.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerWineanddineDined on 12/14/2013Loved our dinner. Had a party, out of some food but accommodated well. Excellent service! Our waitress did a great job. Management awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TimeLizzyDined on 12/9/2013It was very nice. They were very helpful in explaining all the foods and drinks. Was very nice and we all had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place.saraDined on 12/9/2013There were 3 in our group. The server was very attentive and pleasant. I ordered root vegetables as a side, but got asparagus, not a root vegetable, but tasty. If I had been unhappy with the asparagus, the server offered to bring me a side of carrots. It was hard to carry on a conversation, however, because of the acoustics in the dining room. The acoustics are such that you hear everything going on. That was the only negative of our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service, no apologyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013We were at Bailey's on Saturday, Dec. 7 at 6:45 pm. We finally walked out after our meal at 8:45. The food was very slow in showing up at the table. Our server was wonderful and apologized for the wait. Two managers (?-they never introduced themselves) came over. We told them about the wait, and they just said, okay, but was everything else okay? Very disappointing customer service! We also complained about a steak, and it not being cooked right. For this caliber of restaurant (and price tag), I expect lots more from a dining experience. We were not offered any discount or dessert or anything for our wait. It would have been nice if they would have apologized for the wait. I will be a long time before we visit again.
- service was very good, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/5/2013service was very good, food was very tasty, priced a bit high but then a pretty high end rest rantSpecial Features:
- Food temperatureOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/30/2013I was insistent that I would get my husband to love this restaurant, I had to beg and plead to get him to go again after our second visit that left us not feeling great about it. We did love the lunch menu, the service was great, the taste was great, however there is still a problem with the temperature of the food. It is something we have noticed all three times we came in. It just is not hot. It is luke warm at best.