Bailey Pub and Brasserie
52 William St.
New York, NY 10005Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bailey Pub and Brasserie
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thebaileynyc.com/
- Phone: 2128592200x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 10:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Donal Crosbie
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: The Bailey can accommodate semi private party's on the ground floor and also has a full service conference centre on the second floor catering to all functions. Please see our websire for further details wwwthebaileynyc.com or call 212-859-2200
- Private Party Contact: Lee Murphy firstname.lastname@example.org 2128592200
- Special Events: The Bailey caters to all special events. please call 212-859-2200 or click www.thebaileynyc.com
A word from Bailey Pub and Brasserie
Bailey Pub and Brasserie is located in the Financial District one block north of Wall street at 52 William street. We opened to serve the business and ever growing residentaial community, bringing an accesible reasonably priced Brasserie to the Fidi area. Our menu changes seasonaly to incorporate the only the freshest ingedients. In essance a home away from home that does not break the bank!Continued
Pairing elegance with comfort, this friendly environment is the ideal place to relax.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Pairing elegance with comfort, this friendly environment is the ideal place to relax.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bailey Pub and Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (5)neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Great pub in Financial Districtgbe435VIPDined on 8/29/2014Bailey's appears to be a local pub and hangout for folks who work in the Wall Street area. Had late lunch there and the food was better than I would have expected for this type of eatery. My friend and I both had the Cobb salad which was hearty and had all the right ingredients including fresh ahi tuna, avocado, crisp bacon and a tasty champagne dressing. Good prices, attentive (but not overbearing) service and decent wine list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/26/2014Bailey Pub and Brasserie is a staple place for standard American fare in the Wall Street area; a good place to have lunch with friends or a lunch meeting with clients. The food and service are solid. Portions aren't huge so you don't go back to work feeling heavy.Special Features:
- More Than AccommodatingAchieveDined on 8/6/2014I reserved for a business luncheon to catch up with a client who I had not seen for a while. We had so much to catch up on that we sat talking for 1.5 hrs before we even ordered! The server was both patient and added some humor to the situation. She actually was hesitate about taking her break before checking on us for the fourth time. The food was great too.Special Features:
- Summer Evening Catch !BLHowardDined on 7/25/2014The service was outstanding, the entrees were perfectly prepared , the sparkling water sparkled and we did not feel at all rushed , which was perfect for our special dinner get together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodTheHappyEaterDined on 7/7/2014good food, good atmosphere and the staff is really kind and helpful. I really enjoyed the adobo steak salad. My coworkers enjoyed it as wellSpecial Features:
- Didn't accept dining chequeOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/24/2014The food and service were good, but they refused to accept the dining cheque I received from OpenTable. As a participate of OpenTable, they need to participate in every aspect of the program.
- World CupJdoremusVIPDined on 6/13/2014Came to watch the Netherlands vs Spain game...had an amazing time the place was packed an the bartenders still managed to keep my glass full and make sure I was takin care of! Mac and cheese was delicious and the whole ambiance was great for watching the games!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 82 reviews are from the Bailey Pub and Brasserie reviews archive.
- Consistently Goodlala2013VIPDined on 5/15/2014Had a quick lunch at The Bailey which consisted of a glass of Cabernet and a cobb salad. The salad was great and fresh and hit the spot. The food and the service were, as ususal, perfect. I lunch at the Bailey once or twice each month. I've never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Perfect for business lunches...MCallNYDined on 4/23/2014Great location, immediate service, with very attentive staff. Having a limited amount of time for lunch, we had made reservations and were immediately seated. The food was tasty, and portion sizes were spot on. Try the burgers and any of the salads, they will not disappoint. One small note, the atmosphere, while clean, did feel somewhat dated. A slight shift towards modern would help.Special Features:
- Convenient for South Street SeaportRogerDined on 4/8/2014Have to confess that the location was the only reason I chose this, coupled with Menupages recommendations. But the noise.... I don;t understand why people thick that being deafened, and unable to communicate is considered chic! Had this place been quiet, perhaps with some tinkling music in the background, it would have been given a higher rating. But you are warned!
- hit-or-missalkinnycVIPDined on 4/7/2014I like this place because it's convenient to my work, but the food is very hit-or-miss. I never know what to order. In the past, the risotto and specials have been great, but basic sandwiches and salads, not so much. This time, I ordered the soup of the day, potato leek, which was pretty good, but I also got the special sandwich (corned beef), which was overcooked and had way too much mustard. So I'm still on the fence about this place. Wish they were more consistent.Special Features:
- Brunch with FriendsritchiDined on 4/6/2014It's a good place for eat a brunch with your friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/30/2014Went with my mum for a UK Mother's Day treat and it was lovely. Food was amazing and service was fantastic.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came here after the half marathon.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2014Came here after the half marathon. Great burger and amazingly good fries. Fun place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceFreddyDined on 3/6/2014I will be back to this place. Liked the food and atmosphere.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud Business Lunchers UniteAnonymousDined on 2/7/2014Good food, decent space, easy to get to for Wall Streeters. Not too overpriced for Wall Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for lunchLoveFoodDined on 1/16/2014Had a work lunch there. Good food, good service. Would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast not the bestMaccaVIPDined on 12/20/2013As this was close to work, decided to try do a weekday brunch. If you are OK with limited shoice and no alchol option (Interesting as this is in a bar), then you will be fine. I assume their options are better on the weekend, but would avoid during a week day unless you just want continental.
- A bar/pub with very good foodMandBVIPDined on 12/14/2013A bar/pub with very good food that is kid friendly. This is truly a neighborhood gem! The pigs in blankets were great, as was the fish and chips (truly excellent fries). This is the place that introduced us to Sarsons malt vinegar which has become a regular at home. The fish batter was light and tasty as was the fish. One questions: why is the Shepherd's Pie, that is topped with mashed potatoes, be served with a side of French Fries?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place down in FiDiAnnaDined on 12/8/2013Bailey's was recommended to me by a friend for brunch and it was delicious! A short walk from the 4/5 train at Wall Street. It has a nice decor and ambiance and was pretty quiet on Sunday at 12pm for brunch! I had the corn beef hash and eggs, which was homemade and very tasty! my husband had a burger that he enjoyed. It was a tad overdone, so i would recommend requesting medium rare and stressing it. We went with the price fixe menu that included 2 drinks with any meal and the bloody mary's were delicious! we also ordered 2 desserts and they were very good! bread pudding and toffee cake, both came with ice cream. YUM! I'm not sure of her name, but our waitress was from Ireland and was a doll!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On previous occasions I foundHousemouseVIPDined on 12/6/2013On previous occasions I found this restaurant to be pretty good, but this time the lack of service was a real turn-off. I was seated behind two tables of large parties. The server appeared to have blinders on -- addressing just one request at a time and refusing to see any other diner who was trying to call her attention as she made her way back to the kitchen. The food is fine but nothing spectacular. A once-fabulous cheese board turned into an ordinary plate with four slabs of unidentified cheese with four tiny slices of fruit bread and no other bread. The assortment should have been explained. It should be enjoyable to dine on a cold winter's night in your own hotel's restaurant, but this time it was a real disappointment.Special Features:
- ReliableWarrenDined on 11/19/2013When in need for a great meal and reasonable prices, whether for business or pleasure, Baileys delivers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable dinner, great food!NYCfoodexplorerDined on 11/12/2013Neighborhood gem!! Had a great evening here, service was great and the food was delicious. We had the cheese plate, "chicken under a brick", steak salad and finished it off with the toffee pudding - not sure which we enjoyed most. Can't wait to go back and try more of their options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant always delivers.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/4/2013This restaurant always delivers. The food is consistently very good. The staff is professional yet friendly and very helpful. i have never been disappointed and it is one of my favorites!Special Features:
- Sound acoustic may be a problemAllredDined on 10/17/2013Sound acoustic may be a problem here.we found the place very noisy even after the crowd is lighter and the music is very low! Conversation across the dinner table is a problem without raising your voice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oasis in Financial DistrictSiennaDined on 9/1/2013We wanted to avoid the tourist traps in the Seaport area when we took our daughter to PACE University the day before Labor Day so we ventured into the financial district. We loved the Bailey Pub for its attractive atmosphere, reasonable priced menu and attentive waiter! It was a Sunday at 7PM and very quiet which was perfect for our family. I'm sure it's bustling the other nights of the week if that's what you're looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great lunch spotLoveDosDined on 8/7/2013I have been to Bailey a number of times with co-workers. It is conveniently located across the street from my office. The hostess is always very friendly and professional. Also, enjoy the food. The menu has a great selection and the restaurant itself is great for business lunches, whether small or large groups.Special Features:
- DO NOT GO FOR LUNCHSLOOOOOOWVIPDined on 7/12/2013I went for a business lunch and spent 95 minutes here. We sat down and ordered quickly (within 10 minutes). We didn't have appetizers, just entrees. 35 minutes later the entrees were delivered. Our waitress didn't check on us and did not come back until 70 minutes after we had sat down. I tried to flag her on numerous occasions, but she studiously ignored us. When she returned we had been sitting with empty water glasses and no dishes in front of us for 20+ minutes. She asked if we wanted dessert. I didn't, but my companion did so she took our order. 10 minutes later it was delivered. I asked the busboy for our check. He didn't bring it. Luckily, it had slowed down enough that she came by & delivered the check about 5 minutes laterSpecial Features:
- Financial District Decent PlaceNFNFDined on 4/18/2013Bailey's is a non-descript pub that serves decent standard pub food at prices which, for the financial district, are average. Service is good. Unlike most of the pubs in the area, it is not a dive, but a solid, business type lunch place. There are very few of these in the area, so Bailey's is a find.Special Features:
- Loved the food and generalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/17/2013Loved the food and general ambience of the restaurant. We were there to celebrate a colleague's birthday and it was the perfect setting. Great place for lunch and after work drinks in the financial district.Special Features:
- Surprinsingly nice place forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/6/2013Surprinsingly nice place for brunch. Quiet at the beginning but it does start getting packed 12:30pm so go early if you prefer a more quiet environment. Food and drinks were all good. Most of us chose the 2 drinks included option and it was definitely worth it.Special Features:
- I went there for lunch - staffOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/5/2013I went there for lunch - staff was friendly and efficient, food was perfectly fine but didn't wow me. I noticed there is a pretty long bar and several TV screens, so it looks like it could be good for a happy hour or to take in a game with friends.Special Features:
- Decent if not spectacularNativeNYerDined on 3/28/2013Decent if not spectacular food and location that is good for afterwork dining.Special Features:
- Service (and Risotto) are amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Our server was outstanding and recommended pretty much our entire meal and was spot on. The Risotto was amazing! And the Sticky Taffy dessert was sooooooo good!!! Will definitely go again if we are in the area.Special Features:
- The kitchen has been a bitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/8/2013The kitchen has been a bit off lately - one day it took an hour for us to get our food and most recently, found a small plastic item in one plate and never got bread (some received, others didn't). Both times management was great and apologized but not sure what's happening in the kitchen.Special Features:
- Leave time for dessert!NYTheatergoerDined on 2/6/2013I held a celebration lunch at Bailey's last week. Although we were a crowd, the service was attentive and all special requests were handled without a problem. The food was very good, as usual and some first-time diners had trouble deciding! We had such a good time that we lost track of time and had to pass on dessert. People were still talking about Bailey's when we got back to the office. Thanks for a wonderful time with great good.Special Features:
- Very pleasant atmosphere atOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/23/2012Very pleasant atmosphere at brunch - just locals hanging out for hours. To say that service is slow would be a compliment, but they are always cheerful and as long as you're in no rush, enjoy the great kid menu and good brunch items. A happy place.Special Features:
- Only two stars because theOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/12/2012Only two stars because the noise level from the bar made conversation difficult even though we were in the back of the restaurant. I would only recommend to those who are interested in the bar scene. Perhaps it gets quieter after 7 pm when we had to leave.Special Features:
- Burger Problems?OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/30/2012We were a party of four for lunch at Bailey Pub and Brasserie over the weekend. Although the staff were all quite friendly and attentive, I was rather disturbed when I ordered a turkey burger and the waiter said she needed to let me know the turkey burger would take much longer than the other items we had ordered. It was just odd and did not make sense. The food was very basic. The beer and bloody mary were very good and the two drink offer with lunch is decent. We only had one drink, so really did not get the financial reward of having two. We do love Irish Pubs but would not make plans to return to this one.
- I went with a group of 8.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2012I went with a group of 8. We chose Bailey's based on its location and reviews since we had a meeting to attend later in the neighborhood. The food was delicious--both beef and turkey burgers. French onion soup was excellent. We had cocktails. The mojito was returned because it wasn't sweet--tasted like it was made with sour mix. The acoustics are bad and restaurant is noisy. We will return though because everyone enjoyed the food.Special Features: