998 Bay Avenue
Somers Point, NJ 08244Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.baiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6099269611
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Ed Bonsignore
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Now booking private dinner parties, cocktail parties and luncheons, with a coastal Italian flair. Our facility can accommodate 30-300 people, whether it is an intimate dinner or a lavish wedding, we can meet all your needs. Please contact us directly to book an event.
- Entertainment: Come for an exciting Happy Hour, Monday through Thursday, from 5-7 and live music every Thursday through Sunday. Upholding the tradition, we have a full steel drum Reggae Band on Sundays!
A word from Baia
BAIA offers a unique waterfront dining experience, featuring a creative Twisted Italian menu, exciting cocktails at our three bars and live entertainment 4 nights a week, all with a spectacular bay view! Offering an early dinner and late night menu, in addition to lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The principle staff consists of Ed Bonsignore, Jr. (Executive Chef and Owner of Samantha's in Jupiter, Florida) and Sean Weinberg (Executive Chef and Owner of Alba Restaurant in Malvern, Pennsylvania) combine their unique styles and flavors to create Baia Restaurant in Somers Point, New Jersey. Our synergistic and creative dining experience you will enjoy at Baia is based around an exceptional staff which will strive to provide the highest level of food and service to every guest. Baia is a great spot to have your next special event, dinner or luncheon, please contact the restaurant directly for large parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Baia reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (136)great for outdoor dining (121)special occasion (52)good for groups (51)vibrant bar scene (44)romantic (35)fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (23)hot spot (18)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (16)great for lunch (15)notable wine list (11)great for brunch (8)Show More
- Nice scenic dinner placekenmin5VIPDined on 9/6/2014Very good food. The restaurant was bustling when we left. A drink was spilled on our table and it took a bit long for a new tablecloth napkins and a replacement drink. Otherwise all went as expected and we will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Location, Good FoodblendedlibDined on 9/4/2014It didn't look all that great from the outside, but it was quite nice inside. Very attentive service. The food was good and reasonably priced. The draw with Baia is the location.Special Features:
- Disappointing serviceQurettyDined on 9/2/2014It was my wife's birthday and I had dropped a cake that the restaurant had told me they would keep in the freezer for our dinner that night.....they never put the cake in any type of refridgeration and it was ruined when they brought it out to us.....the server asked if the cake was ok?....r u kidding....it was obviously completely melted from the warm weather.....the manager did offer to give us a $50 credit on our bill but the server was unable to take it off my bill properly because we had seperate checks between a party of 6.....it was very frustrating to have such poor service and I work in the service industry so I normally give servers and bartenders the benefit of the doubt.
- Double causes TroubleigelDined on 9/1/2014This is the first time that I ever experienced this faux pas. We were eating our dinner when 10 minutes later the exact items we ordered were again brought to the table. How this happened I don't know. First a waitress came over to take our drink order and bring bread. Almost immediately a waiter came over to ask what we wanted to drink. He was carrying a basket of bread. No, we did not order twice. It seemed the restaurant was all mixed up.
- The place with a view.RonstopableDined on 8/31/2014If you are going for the view, great. But you're going to pay for it. The building owner has the rent so jacked up, everything has to be overpriced just so the leasing restaurant can stay open. I understood that going there, but I expected at that price level, dinner would include bread and salad. Maybe it did include bread, but the server never brought it. And didn't bring our drinks until the appetizers were dropped. Then the dinner came out before we were done eating th appetizers. All that aside, the food was decent. The worst part of the night is when we got up from our table and head to the bar, we were asked to pay a $5 cover for the band that had set up in the bar while we were eating. Seriously?Special Features:
- OK food, great service - eventuallyFishycpaDined on 8/31/2014They were able to seat us inside with no delay. Then we waited. After 12 minutes I flagged a busboy. Within about five minutes a waiter showed up. He was excellent. Food is relatively expensive; expected with waterfront real estate. Oysters were fresh. Scallop ceviche was too light on the scallops. Could have used a little more bite. Linguini in white clam sauce was under-seasoned. Crabmeat-stuffed flounder was very good; crab stuffing was heavy on crab rather than bread. Sides included mashed potatoes, perfectly broccoli, and butternut squash This place was frenetic, but it was a busy night. Might be better after Labor Day/before Memorial Day.Special Features:
- Food needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014When we got there they did not have our reservation which we made through open table and had a confirmation. The band was great the food not so great. Large portions of food that was not that great. Salad drowning in dressing and very greasy dinner. Rolls good, olive oil a poor quality. I am very concerned for my next open table reservation that may be lost in the system.Special Features:
- Will go back again in the springhoppy17Dined on 8/31/2014It is a shame that it closes for the fall and winter. Good food, attentive servers and what a view.Special Features:
- Service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Server took 20 minutes to approach us. Had to get a bus boy call him over. Gave us the wrong menus with different specials. Told me they were out of what I wanted yet didn't bring the menu back for me to pick something else for another 10 min. We had a surprise "bday dessert" scheduled for a friend and he gave us the dessert menus anyway. When we said we didn't want anything he took the menus away and proceeded to place forks down for everyone before the dessert was brought out. He really didn't understand that concept too well or the entire concept of dining. Without the great food , I would never come back.Special Features:
- Can't hear you!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Outdoor table. Great view. We couldn't hear each other speak. The band was ridiculously loud. The hostess scowled and then ignored us when we complained. We had to finally roam the restaurant to find someone to move us indoors.Special Features:
- Best optionPolskamodelVIPDined on 8/27/2014If you are staying in Ocean City, this is your best option. Totally worth the 5 min drive over the 9th Street bridge. Beautiful place with live music. The food and drinks are good. Our waitress was new (she kept telling us it was her forth day) and did not know the menu. She also did not know what a dirty martini was, so I can't give high marks for service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Italian seafood.JackDined on 8/26/2014A bit pricey. But solid Italian seafood, steaks, chops and pastas. Big portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't erase the memory of SailsThefrequentDinerDined on 8/26/2014I have had both lunch and dinner at Baia over the last three days. My wife and I had lunch outside overlooking the water. Lunch was wonderful. We enjoyed the seafood sliders and the seafood salad sandwich. Dinner two days later with a party of six, was a completely different experience. Seated inside, the noise level from the "entertainment" was a conversation ender. The food received mixed reviews. The Grilled Tuna,described in the menu as Sushi grade, appeared to have been frozen. The scallops seviche was much better. The Tuna carpaccio was flavorless. Save your money, enjoy the lunch menu or the bar skip dinner, it's just not worth the money.Special Features:
- Great as usualKarenDined on 8/25/2014My husband and I go every year during our week in Ocean City as it's the most upscale restaurant around. The weather was perfect for outside dining and that's where everyone was. Food was great, might be the best lobster ravioli I ever had. Always then saunter down to the outside bar and Jess was working again this year. Shocking that she remembers us, but she did - that's a great bartender!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, food eh and priceyOceandinerDined on 8/25/2014Can't beat the view- you sit there overlooking the bay. Had to ask for a refill three times and food wasn't great. Hubby ordered lobster ravioli - paid 30$ for four pieces of half dollar size ravioli. Nice as a one time experience bc of the view and ambience but wouldn't waste the money again.Special Features:
- Baia is the bestLizanneDined on 8/24/2014Second visit here and both times were great! The food is awesome. Wait staff friendly and relaxed ( not pushing you to finish) . Great view of the water and multicolored 9 th street bridge into Ocean City! ( We ate on upper deck).Really an enjoyable place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodBillyDined on 8/23/2014Have tried about 5 varieties of seafood and all have been very fresh and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- By the BayHiphopDined on 8/23/2014Great find for food, ambiance and service. And they take and honor reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent but probably won't returnjb3202Dined on 8/23/2014Wish that the tables were bar height so you could actually see the water view. Food was different but overpriced for quality. Server was friendly but not attentive. The hostess was not approachable and seemed to not even notice us standing next to her. I have higher expectations when I'm paying over 80$ for a 2 person dinner. I wouldn't recommend this place to a friend and probably won't return.Special Features:
- Fabulous meal on the baySeaFeverDined on 8/22/2014I went with my wife. We both had great meals that that were prepared and served perfectly. We will come back again!Special Features:
- stagtimberDined on 8/20/2014Great food. Make sure to have at least two ppl to your party otherwise you are made to feel like an outcast. Awesome view. Nice music. Glad I didnt allow myself to be intimidated by being stag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with food and service.taffyappleVIPDined on 8/18/2014Have been to Baia in the past. Food seems to go down hill each time. Monday night was not crowded but hardly saw our waitress.Special Features:
- Excellent!BillyDined on 8/17/20144 Diners- 4 different varieties of fish or shellfish, all done differently and all excellent. Wine special was also a great choice and very good.Special Features:
- Will never be backMrsE73Dined on 8/17/2014we were seated promptly at 7:15 and had a lovely spot outside by the water. however, our service was horrible and slow, and our server could not answer basic questions regarding one of the specials. 45 minutes after our order, our waiter came back to check on us and that's when he realized we never received our entrees. We finally received about 10-15 minutes later. our entrees -- all with fish -- were inedible. They were cold and and the fish was rubbery. Carlos, the manager, was apologetic when we sent back all three meals. He did not charge us for the meals, only for our bottle of wine, but did not offer to bring us a new meal. We left at 9:00 hungry and disappointed. Another party grabbed Carlos to complain once we were done.
- Great patio, terrible experienceLlllVIPDined on 8/17/2014After reading the reviews, we were really looking forward to a nice meal in a nice setting. Unfortunately it was a marathon of non service and poor quality food that lasted about 3 hours. We experienced problems with every part of the restaurant. The patio was lovely, but the meal was overpriced for mediocre at best food. The, service was terrible, and kitchen/management problems were blamed on the servers. The manager did come over at some point and apologize, and offered to comp us dessert. Nice but a bit absurd at a meal whose duration was well out tune with the experience and that averaged more than $40 per person (one being the kids pasta). My advice is that if you want to enjoy your time at the shore, go elsewhere.Special Features:
- BetterthenexpectedDined on 8/17/2014Too long a wait for outdoor dining, but our reservations for 6 indoors were better then expected. The back room had adjacent corner windows giving a full view of the bay, bridge and dock. Calamari was excellent. Our entrees were prepared with fresh picked produce, tender cooked fish seasoned just right. Kudos to the chef! Prices were seasonally high, but compared to area restaurants quality was so much better. Can't leave out the hot rolls served with a side dipping dish of herbed oil. So good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful ViewsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014When we got to the restaurant the Executive Chef was at the front desk. He said our table is not ready and have a drink at the bar, which we did. He was very welcoming. They called us about 10 minutes later and started to show us to an indoor table. We requested outside, which we were then told it is first come/first serve. This was not relayed to us when I made the reservation. However, the Chef was so nice and sat us outside. Not sure why it was made to look like they were overbooked, because there were plenty of tables available inside and outside. The food was great, the music was great, but hard to hear each other, but we didn't care. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Dinner at BaiagaryromanDined on 8/16/2014Very impressive dinner experience. The food was very good, as was the service. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great view, very kid friendlymom23girlsDined on 8/15/2014Will definitely go back~loved the view from our 2nd floor outside table. Generous portions. Only small thing was the music was great, but may have been a little to loud. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bluecar2Dined on 8/15/2014Very fun beach place - great views, we ate inside because there was an hour wait for outside seating even with a reservation. The music inside was very loud - we were seat close to the bar area - the food was very good. Next time will try to get a seat outside on one of the 3 decks.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!KimmieDined on 8/15/2014Dinner for 6 with family from out of town. We are local. Had only eaten lunch at Baia. Sat on upper deck, music is loud but it's excellent. Every single meal was exceptional - really!! And one of the best Caesar salads I've ever eaten!!!! GREAT EXPERIENCE!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapontedDined on 8/15/2014WE made areservation for 6:30 and added in the comment section that we wanted to eat outside. The restaurant both emailed me and called me to confirm the reservation. We were never told that it was first come first serve outside so we waited 1 1/2 hours to be seated. The music was so loud that we couldn't hear ourselves talk. We couldn't hear the waitress talk and she couldn't hear us. I was so dissapointed as we took friends from out of state and we couldn't talk to each other. we couldn't wait to leave although the food was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014service was extremely slow , waitress had an attitudeSpecial Features:
- Under staffedyensidtlawDined on 8/14/2014I've eaten there many times and until now had not had a problem. Thursday night the place was packed, we had 6 PM reservations and when we finished around 7:45PM the line to get in was out the door. There was no place to park as cars were fighting for the spot I was leaving. The reason I said "under staffed" is the fact that the servers were all running around, there were two accidents where they dropped plates of food about to be served to customers because they were rushing and so busy. The food was good, it always is, but the rushing around and the breaking of glass around us made for "the check" at desert time. The waiter could not make us feel welcome because the pace they were playing at. Like I said maybe it was just this nightSpecial Features:
- Great Food and serviceDaveCVIPDined on 8/13/2014The food was the best we found in Ocean City area. We went twice in 4 days once for lunch and once for dinner. Our table almost ready when we got there, early I might added. We grabbed a drinks at the outside bar and meet friends. This amazing table overlooking the bay table was ready very quickly. We had an amazing dinner. The service was great, there when you needed them but not bothersome. We sat way to long after the bill arrived, and still did not feel pushed to leave the table. There is only once way to say this. We will be back.Special Features:
- BaiaJBeatsDined on 8/13/2014Great food. Ample portions. Wonderful presentation. Excellent and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVIPDined on 8/11/2014Excellent restaurant - beautiful water setting - outstanding service - highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereMrsteveDined on 8/11/2014Recommended by a coworker...food was terrific and we sat outside on the bay...could not have been betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- speechlesshowyoudoinDined on 8/11/2014Place was awesome. Brought customers here and they raved over everything. I will be coming back with more customers and my family as well.Special Features:
- Locals that will never return!jojogamesDined on 8/10/2014Beautiful location, great atmosphere. Best tables are on the upstairs deck. Good luck getting a table out there, even with a reservation. Food is so so. All entrées were plated exactly the same and was obviously prepped earlier...very disappointing. Especially considering the price. After dinner we tried to go to the downstairs deck to listen to the band and have desert. Was hit with a $5.00 cover charge per person, even after spending more than $200.00 on dinner for four. Also would not allow our son on the deck because he 20.Really, this is a restaurant not a night club! If you go skip the pricey upstairs and go directly to the lower deck for atmosphere and burgers or appetizers. Locals that will never return!Special Features: